Getting to Know You!

Re: Getting to know you!

Hey all I have made quite a few posts round here since joining so thought I should introduce myself. I'm Charlotte, I am 39 years old and when I was 4/5 my life changed forever. I was at a friends house playing and they had a VHS copy of Thriller and the Making Of. I knew about it as when it was first aired on UK tv, my parents sent us kids to bed and had friends round and a bit of a party to watch it. But I had never seen it. My friends mum was busy in another room so we put it on and WOW. It was like a spell had been cast on me - that is the only way I can describe it. I was under Michael's spell and his has never been broken ever since.

I went home and told my Mum that I was in love with Michael Jackson. I remember it as clear as day. She just laughed and told me he was a weirdo. I wasn't deterred and by the time I was 10 I think she knew nothing was going to change my love for Michael. I had Off The Wall, Thriller and Bad on regular loop in my bedroom and then she did the most incredible thing. She bought me tickets to go see the Bad Tour at Wembley Stadium. I was overwhelmed. It was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. We were right at the back but that didn't bother me. There was a special raised platform for kids and I was up there, with Mum's binoculars, the whole concert. I couldn't believe Michael was there - breathing the same air as me!

When I was 14 I was lucky enough to see the Dangerous Tour. By then I wearing plasters on my finger tips just like Michael anytime I wasn't at school LOL!. I was in the crowd, squashed as near the front as I could get. I was mesmerised. I got up on a friends shoulders and tried to take it all in. Just indescribable. That was sadly the last time I saw Michael live. I came from a non fan family and I am afraid the tabloids got to my mum and when the allegations hit, she didn't actively try to stop me loving Michael, but she wouldn't buy tickets to another show. As an adult I was thrilled when the This Is It tickets came up for sale. I couldn't sleep for two days straight prior to them going live. I was so desperate to get them. I never foresaw how it would end.

Michael and his music have been there through every step of my life. I remember when the Bad album was released, I took it up to my room and greedily devoured it. When Man in the Mirror came on I just remember this incredible moment. The song had such a profound impact on me. I felt every word. I really knew that I had to make a change to myself and my attitude. It made me stop and think about others more and has stuck with me ever since. His song, "You Are My Life" even accompanied me down the aisle at my wedding. My first born has the middle name Jospeh, in honour of Michael.

Losing Michael had a huge impact on me. Trying to explain that you are grieving for someone you never even met. People don't get it. It is something I still struggle with sometimes. Although I never met him, he has been there throughout my childhood and adult life. So many key points in my life involve Michael somehow. It is a very personal thing for me, that I can't and don't want to really explain to anyone else.

I have been a member of a few MJ forums and have been active on FB and Instagram for many years in the MJ field. However recently I just felt compelled to join here and have the opportunity to chat to other fans. I never had friends who were proper fans when I was growing up.

I am amazed and absolutely thrilled by the amount of young fans I have encountered, mainly on Instagram. It fascinates me as many are coming to Michael after his death.

Anyway if you are still reading, well done! Sorry to have rambled and hope to see you about.

Oh wow, i love that story and the way you to got into enjoying Michaels Music. I never got to see him live and that is one massive regret but i still love watching him via anything i can get my hands on. He is such a wonderful soul and he would love to think that all his fans come together in one place in unity and harmony for the man that he is. I don't think there will ever be anyone like Michael who has such an impact on his fans lives like he does. It great to all get together and even if we don't all share the same opinions that's ok as we all share the same love and adoration for the man that is Michael Jackson.

^^Very nice, everybody. Welcome to all new members! I love reading everybody's back stories.

Hi guys!! My name is Heather. I dont remember If I've posted on here before (ive lurked in the past), but I want to introduce myself anyways because I'm such a big fan of Michael's and I just finally wanted to start being among other fans. Some people in my life don't understand my love for him so it would just be great to be around other fans who understand!! I'm excited to start posting more :)

Hi!,
My name is Tiesha, i'm 14 years old. I live in pennsylvania, I was born here, and still live here. I have always been a BIG fan of Michael. I love all of his songs, outfits, era's albums, and dance moves. I love everything about him. I honestly believe that I came out the womb loving Michael. I'm so happy to be apart of the MJJC. I love reading, and the stranger things series.??

Hey! I'm Jason and I'm 16 years old from the UK!
I've been a hardcore Michael fan since around the age of five and ever since I've been contributing to this fandom in many ways, from talking to other moonwalkers to running fan pages and accounts.

I hope to meet alot of kind people here ^_^

Name is Jacob, I'm 16.

I'm pretty adamant that most of Michael Jackson's Music has been the soundtrack to my life. I've been undergoing an early transcending period in my life. And in that period, I've gotten back into his Music. Also, I have done a large extent of research on the guy, and I was shell-shocked to read the details of both of the Child Sexual Abuse Trials. I found out a lot more about Michael afterwards--so and so, etc. It actually made me sad, like a lot. I felt like I misjudged him, and the public did too. I feel like I've become an even bigger of his compared to when I was younger. I'm excited to meet all of you lovely people, who understand (as I do) the message Michael wanted to give to others.

Shamone! :mj5:

Hi everyone! I'm Will, I'm in my late twenties and I'm super glad to join the community of like-minded people! I got to listen to Michael when I was 10, we shared the tape in class and it felt like magic. My biggest regret is that I never got to see him live, but it's mostly the case with all my favorite bands (like Beatles and Beach Boys). I'm so grateful for all the inspiration he brought into my life and all the wonderful people I got to know through his music, these are the things I cherish most.

Thank you for having me!

Welcome to MJJCommunity everyone, it's good to see so many new members wanting to join our community :hellooo:

Enjoy the place, by all means, give me a shout if you need any help, or otherwise check our help section which will pretty much explain everything and everything (y)

Welcome, everyone! So glad to see that there are new members signing in all the time. You're keeping Michael's legacy alive.

"Dudie", I also like Asian culture. I think the Mandarin Language is beautiful, and I'd watch a Korean drama like "The Last Princess (2016)" any day.

Hi, my username is Stage Glitter; I chose it because it's inspired from a quote by Adam Lambert : "If something doesn't look right, throw some glitter on it." (I am also a fan of Adam's), and because of Michael's beautiful sequins and glitter glove.

73441d7f668344ae2a9e9699884c4739--archangel-michael-michael-jackson.jpg

Michael Joe Jackson is constantly on my mind. Michael's music and quotes about world love or self acceptance are constant reminders to why I am a fan of this man. I enjoy learning about Michael, and I try to get my hands on whatever I can find about him--biographies, autobiographies, musical analysis, podcasts, fan pages or video channels, forums, or anything else. I write Michael Jackson fan fiction on Wattpad.com.

My top three favorite songs from him are mostly from the Bad era: Man in the Mirror, Speed Demon and Smooth Criminal. I get teary eyed whenever I hear Man in the Mirror, because it reminds me to uplift myself and feel capable of anything I put my mind to, regardless of any "imaginary" barriers. With God, all things are possible.

Some more facts about me: I'm a college freshman, I'm Christian, music is my passion (listening and performing), I like reading a lot and writing a lot, I like to create art, and I am learning other languages. I prefer vinyls over CDs and I am a minimalist.

Hi there! My name is Annie (yeah I'm ok lol) I'm 31. Like many others my generation, grew up listening to his music and watching his dance moves, although it's has not been until quite recently that I've utterly fallen in love head to toes with Michael. The reason? Thanks to YouTube could find interviews of him (when I was little they didn't show interviews of him at all in my country), and oh my God, it has been SO revealing!! He was like literally the sweetest, kindest person and with a heart of gold, I'm so proud to call myself a fan of his ^^ The reason why I joined this forum is to meet people who love and respect Michael like me, and make some friends in the fandom. Also, excuse my English, I'm not a native speaker.

Hi everyone. My name is Valerie. I have been a fan of MJ for a long time. I am glad to be back on a MJ forum.

Hi guys, My name is Ashley and i'v been such a fan of MJ since when I was little, it's very nice to meet you all and hope y'all have a wonderful day.

Hello, I've been an MJ stan for a long time and I hope to be active in this community of fans and enjoy being on this forum. :)

Hello everyone, I'm Grace. I'm 42 and live in Worcestershire in England and have been a fan since Thriller. I was a member of MJNI when it was still a postal fan club then a member of MJFC and lastly Positively Michael before it sadly closed down. I've been been posting on Twitter for a long time but feel it's time to join a forum again and connect with other fans who love Michael and live and breathe his music like I do.

I'm a middle aged mum of one but inside I'm the oldest teenager in the world, still get giggly over goldpants (was lucky enough to see them close up at Wembley in 1997 - phew!), still get emo over certain songs and still hope to Marry Captain Eo someday. Hope to make some new friends here and reconnect with some old ones. XXX

Hey Everyone!
Like most of you, I've been a Michael fan for a long time and it's nice to find a place where we can talk about him and his great music. Looking forward to joining in the fun! :)

Hello everyone, I'm Grace. I'm 42 and live in Worcestershire in England and have been a fan since Thriller. I was a member of MJNI when it was still a postal fan club then a member of MJFC and lastly Positively Michael before it sadly closed down. I've been been posting on Twitter for a long time but feel it's time to join a forum again and connect with other fans who love Michael and live and breathe his music like I do.

I'm a middle aged mum of one but inside I'm the oldest teenager in the world, still get giggly over goldpants (was lucky enough to see them close up at Wembley in 1997 - phew!), still get emo over certain songs and still hope to Marry Captain Eo someday. Hope to make some new friends here and reconnect with some old ones. XXX

Welcome to MJJC, Gracie and hugzzzzzzz to you!! Looking forward to seeing you posting up a storm around here, very soon!

I'm Isis. No, not Daesh. I'm not a binder of any sort. That's my full name... An egyptian name followed by a german surname. I get some weird questions tho :)
I'm 32 (until March) and live South of Brazil.

Hello everyone!

I've been an MJ fan for a while and it's nice to be here. I'm looking forward to good times in the future !

Hi everyone, it's nice to meet you! :hellooo:
I've been an MJ fan since childhood. His music's been a huge part of my life, it helped me through some rough time and gave a lot of fun and also friends. Been a member at MJFC, and remember well the old "Ladies only"/"Goldpants" type forums aswell :blush:, but the most important for me is the MUSIC.
I'm also a film buff, very much into silents lately.

Hi
I'm Tanz and I'm 55. Sounds old, but if MJ was still alive today he would be turning 60 this year.
Anyway, I have always been a fan and had my first poster of Michael on my wall when I was 10, he would have been 14. As a teenager I was in the Disco Era and danced the night away with "Rock with you". "Off the wall", was the first album I brought and was played 24/7 by me and my friends. 'Thriller' hit the shelves and I brought that too. I witnessed with millions of others Michael's live Motown performance of Billy Jean on TV. I couldn't get into the Bad Era. I married and had kids and sort of lost touch with Michael's music, but would hear his latest songs on the radio. Then the first accusations came and I remember seeing Latoya on TV telling all her lies. I felt sad.
I missed all MJ's Eras - Dangerous, History and Invincible. Would see him in magazines and the detrimental things said about him. But was too busy with my own life to investigate. The Martin Bashir interview hit the screen. Then the trial came and again I felt sad. Even though I wasn't following Michael, I didn't agree with it. Next minute he's on the screen larger than life announcing his 'This is it's' Concerts. Then a little while after that the whole world receives the shocking news of his death. Then we see his children unmasked for the world to see mourning their Daddy. That really got me, because I have kids of my own. Some years passed by and then I decided I wanted to find out more. Last year I began my investigation on Utube. I also rediscovered Michael's music. The first song that drew me was 'Break of dawn", and as they say, The rest is history.
Now, I'm a bigger fan than ever and strictly only listen to MJ's music.
I feel sad with what he had to go through and am in a constant confusion as to whether he was murdered or did he fake his death. There is so much mystery and controversy over his death.
But, on a daily level, Michael is a big part of my life.
I listen to his music everyday. He did say " If you want to feel close to me", listen to my music. He said he bound his soul to his music. I believe he did.

What's up, everyone! I recently got really into the music of MJ, and chose this username to rep one of his most underrated albums IMO. Hope to have some fun around here!

Welcome to all of our recent new members!

I have only one thing to say.....start Michael-ing!!

:mj5::billiejean::listeningtomusic

Hi everyone!

Alright so I've been a fan of MJ since several years now, actually my story is a bit complicated so maybe we'll talk about it later. :D Anyway, I used to be very active on several MJ-related forums, but then I quit for a while. When I came back I sadly realized some on them were closed :( And since I had been away for a few years, I couldn't remember my username, passwords and stuff so I decided to come back with another username :D

I couldn't decide if it was okay for me to come back on forums: I felt a lot of pain after MJ's death and this pain had taken too much space in my life, month after month, and there was a time I couldn't take it anymore so I had to let go a little. But here I am, I figured things out and I'm feeling better, I'm so happy to finally be back! :D

Can't wait to post more messages on MJJC, I have so many things to catch up and threads to read! :D

Well, thank you for being still there after all these years, I'm glad to see how loyal and loving this community is.

Oh, and by the way, sorry for my english, I'm french so I may have made some mistakes, please forgive me! ~ :)

Speak soon!

--
smoothie~

Good morning mj fans

Good morning to all my mj fans and I love you all so much ?????????and I hope that I get a chance to talk to all of you soon ?????

Re: Good morning mj fans

Good morning to all my mj fans and I love you all so much 💕💖💟??💝💞💗💓and I hope that I get a chance to talk to all of you soon 💞💗💕😄😄

Hi and welcome to MJJC!

Hi, I'm new. Nice to meet all of you.

Hi, my user is StageGlitter but I am Alexa. It makes me so happy to actually be able to interact with other fans of Michael Jackson here. (And is this the right place for an introduction? I don't want to break any rules.)

Back