Getting to Know You!

Re: Hi, I'm new. Nice to meet all of you.

Hi, my user is StageGlitter but I am Alexa. It makes me so happy to actually be able to interact with other fans of Michael Jackson here. (And is this the right place for an introduction? I don't want to break any rules.)

Hello StageGlitter (Alexa) and welcome to MJJC. I have moved your thread/post into the "Getting to Know You" section, which is where we encourage all new members to introduce themselves. Hopefully, you will have fun connecting with other MJ fans....this is a wonderful place to be.

Hi everyone!

Well I don't know how you all feel, but myself it feels to me like we have lots of new members and old members alike but I don't feel too familiar with a lot of you! So I thought it'd be nice to have a thread to introduce ourselves, chat and tell each other a bit about ourselves! I will go first. :)

So, I'm Stacey, I'm 23 years old. I live in Derbyshire, England. I just moved here last month after spending 5 years away at uni, and at various places around England. I'm a HUGE ass Michael Jackson fan, obviously! I adore him, I love all era's, I think he was mega fine throughout! I have a weakness for the curls though in all honesty! :lol: I can't choose a favourite song or video, I love them all! I'm a classically trained singer, I'm a movie buff and I love reading!

So, how about you?! :D

Okay, so since I finally found the proper thread...

Hi. My name is Alexa, but I chose StageGlitter as my username. I live in the U.S, and I became a fan of Michael Jackson when he passed away. (I know). I was about 8 or 9 years old and still in 4th grade when he passed. When the media went crazy about his death, I was very, very confused on who this man was that made the world seem to stop everything that it was doing to grieve. I remember wondering if he was a very, very, very important official or something (lol). It turns out, according to my parents, he was Michael Jackson, a famous international pop star. Then, I did some research about him and discovered the music that he made during his life. The TV helped with a lot of that discovery, as in 2009, MTV had constant (I mean unstoppable) loops of his short films and music on its channel. They blew my mind! His talent had to be have given by God because it was out-of-this-world amazing. My sister liked him for a while, but after some years, she started to drift away as a fan. I still am a fan after ten years, and I am glad to have found this forum and other communities where fans can discuss about him or other relating things.

In my personal time, I like to draw, write, read, or make things with needles or crochet hooks. I am studying to be a pharmacy technician and I want to become a professional musician one day. Soon, I will graduate with an Associate's degree from my local community college.

I am a quiet person, but I like to talk to people. I am happy with the merch I have, but soon I want to buy more. I have the 2007 Ebony magazine with pictures and the interview, I have an original 2009 tribute magazine that also featured columns on Farrah Fawcett, I have a Bad album, and somewhere I have a Thriller album cover in a gold frame (but I might have lost that). I also like to learn some of MJ's dance routines when I have free time (based on playthroughs of the "MJ: The Experience" video games from 2010 that are still uploaded on YouTube. (And yes, I write MJ fanfiction. I am working on a Captain EO story at the moment.)

I don't like being here on the internet (for a long list of reasons), but whenever I get the chance, I will stop by here and say hello and conversate with other fans. Nice to meet all of you, and I hope we all take the age-old messages that Michael repeated to us to make this world a better place.

Hey everyone! I'm Louise and I'm trying to find ways to re-connect with the online MJ community. I was involved back between 2010-2011 but fell out of the loop. I don't see anyone I recognize anymore, but I'm really hoping to make connections with other fans. I'm 32, I work for a non-profit organization, I live close to New York and I visit every chance I get. Other than MJ, I'm into live theater, I'm a die hard Mets fan, and I love dogs. Can't wait to get to know everyone :)

Hey everyone! I'm Vicky.. I'm an old member of the forum, but after 2009 i haven't been here much.
And recently i decided to come back :yes:

Hello Vicky. I don't think there's many survivors on here...but I recently joined.

Hello everyone, my name is Jon, I'm new to this forum. I've been a fan for like 8 years I guess. I knew about MJ after he passed away. Since then I'm obsessed with his music.

Hello! Guess this is as good a place as any to introduce myself. I'm Nat, and years ago I was a member of MJFanClub.net and Positively Michael with this same username, so if it looks familiar to anyone, that's why. A while back, I kind of fell away from online communities other than Reddit, but I feel compelled to come back to a site like this and talk with fellow fans, especially with what's currently going on. Thanks for providing this community!

Hi guys, I decided to get back on MJJC after the LN movie. I was looking for extra support as a fan, because I felt alone on a lot of the internet. I had been more active on the forum years ago. I had another account before that. I got forgot my password. Anyway, I have been a fan of Michael Jackson since birth. Thanks for having me!

Hi...my name is Mabiaki.....i am from Mizoram, a small state in India.....i just joined the forum. I am 33 yrs old and a fan of MJ since a kid....i am currently working in a bank and have a husband and 3 kids who loves to listen and watch MJ videos....With the new LN documentary surfacing i am very upset and troubled becoz of it.....and my family just doesnt understand this.....i hope that everyone here will understand....i am worried for his family.....i havent slept properly for 3 days thinking bout all the shit going and felt hurt at how ignorant people are....just letting my fustration out....hope to get to know you all....
L.O.V.E

Hello!

My name is Sara and I am 19 years old. I come from Norway, and I've been a fan since 2015, though I have always listened to his music. I love singing, dancing, reading and writing. I also have an IG with the same username, if you would like to check it out

Any other crafters here? This is one of my favorite things I've ever crocheted!
kPWadmJ.jpg

Hello! Guess this is as good a place as any to introduce myself. I'm Nat, and years ago I was a member of MJFanClub.net and Positively Michael with this same username, so if it looks familiar to anyone, that's why. A while back, I kind of fell away from online communities other than Reddit, but I feel compelled to come back to a site like this and talk with fellow fans, especially with what's currently going on. Thanks for providing this community!

I knew it was you! There couldn't be two people in the world with that username! I was RedCorvette on PosMike! :)

Hello everyone! My name's Anna, I'm 22 years old and I live in Warsaw, Poland. I became a huge fan of Michael a couple of months before his death (pretty much when he announced the This Is It tour). I was pretty involved in the fan community around 2009-2014 but now I'd love to get back to connecting with other members of the MJFam, especially now after the LN movie when we all need to support each other (& MJ of course).

Hope to talk to you all in the future, xoxo

Hi Anna and welcome to the forum. I hope you like it here.

hey u how r ya? hope all is well great beatles blanket u got there , have u done an mj one?

I'm planning to do an MJ one someday! I even have the chart for it made, and I have some sparkly white/silver yarn that I'm planning to use for his glove and socks.

Hi everybody!

My name is Sabine, I'm 34 years old and I live in Austria. My older brother introduced me with the Thriller LP (which I still owe) to Michael Jackson as I was around 6 years old. So I basically grew up with his music and the best time of my life (my childhood/teenage years) is connected with his songs. I wasn't active on any forum yet because I'm actually quite shy but the LN stuff made me to sign up here cause I'm very angry and upset (of course I think MJ is innocent!) and I look forward to connect and talk with other fans.

I'm planning to do an MJ one someday! I even have the chart for it made, and I have some sparkly white/silver yarn that I'm planning to use for his glove and socks.

AWESOME! hope u will show it here cant wait to see it

Hello everybody, my name's Martina, I'm 35 and I'm from Italy. I am new here, but I love Michael since 1988. It is nice to speak with fans from all around the world!
I was too involved in other communities around 2009 but I left them because I felt so sad about MJ's death...now I'd really love to stay close to this great family again. And we need to support each other,of course! I hope my english will be good enough to express all my feelings!!
With love to my "Sisters" and "Brothers"

Welcome FairyQueen. Don't worry about the language. MJJCers understand each other. Have fun here and see you around.

Hello! i'm new here! i'm not gonna give out my real name because i'm not that type of person who give out my real name on the internet only i know you personally.

I been an MJ fan about almost 20 years. i didn't found MJ my own i found MJ from my mother who is also a MJ fan for almost 40 years. i wouldn't say i'm a MJ expert BUT she is! she been rocking with mike her whole life since she was a child. she was there with him the Thriller era and when he first moonwalked on stage on Motown 25. she wasn't really around the Off The Wall era because she was born year before it was release. so her era would mostly be the Thriller era she loves Michael so much. she was one those fans who put Michael posters on her walls. hahahaha.:laughing:

she support things that Michael supports. when my mother was a child her mother which is my grandmother (may she r.i.p bless her.) she use to always buy my mother MJ stuff. Michael is my mom first love. and i find that totally adorable.

when i was little she use to always play Michael music around me and tell everything about him. like "why his skin was white." i didn't realize years later that she raise me to become a Soldiers Of L.O.V.E or some people called it Moonwalker except Michael didn't like that name. i would say i "hate" my mom for making me one. :tongue:

Michael has a lot of songs i like from him. my mom favorite is Human Nature. i like Smooth Criminal. which explains my username.

Michael is basically apart of our family when a MJ song comes on you have turn it up for my mom. if my mom made a playlist is would be mostly some MJ songs. i got that from her because that's how my playlist is. i basically call Michael my stepfather because when you think about he kind of is. :laughing:

when Michael passed the whole family called her. she cried for days like a baby. it had to be one of the saddest days in history for every MJ fan. i was sad and shock too. but my mom. you get the idea. me and her will never forget that day. she even remembers ever details that happen on that day. it's really break my heart.

Last edited:
Hello every one! I am a newbie here ,Princess from Philippines! I join here just now! Im so happy to be here, I know I didnt able to meet MJ in person but his music and legacy lives on in my life! I love him so much, I love everything about Michael! I really hope hes in a happy place now, a place that no one could ever hurt him, he dont deserve being in pain at all, he had a good heart and pure soul! Imissyou Michael how I could tell you how much I adore you!
Love,
Princess ?

I should also point out i'm very shy person so if looks like i'm ignoring anyone i'm not. i have anxiety. :blush:

Back