Grammy's All-Star Tribute to T-25; MJ Reported to Attend/Not Perform

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
So... like... what's happening?

Is Michael attending? He's NOT!? OMFG, this is horrific, I can't even believe this sh*t. What a waste of a massive oppertunity. He could get SO much good publicity from this, if only he would attend and stand on the stage! Why, I betcha even the media would do a 180 and kiss Michael's skinny little ass, don't you? But NOOOOOOO, he's got to be lazy and stay at home. THis is why the media treats him so badly. Because he doesn't do what they want. OMG, what a fool. Obviously, his 44 years of experience have taught him nothing and he just NEEDS to sit down, shut up, and take MY advice, cause living all the way out here in the mid west gives me major credentials in what's happening on the entertainment front. God Michael, why are you so selfish? Can't you EVER do what the fans want? Jezus Charist.
:lol::lol::lol:

I'm not a Mod, but I'm gonna make a suggestion? The night of the Grammys Sunday,February 10, 2008., this thread be closed and a brand new fresh one be opened!

Oh is that when it airs? That's my birthday yay! So if Mike shows up that will be a great birthday for me. :p

she was being sarcastic :doh:

Exactly, lol. Quite obvious. :p

And to DarkPhoenixWing, Michael will last forever! His spirit will, and his music. :) Hey, he's said it himself. I believe him.

I'm so proud to be his slave and I don't intend on getting my freedom back!

lol!

You should have made that a longer post. I dont think this one was quite ungrateful enough....

1 - You call Michael Jackson an Idiot. Who's the king of pop here? Who knows whats best for Michael Jackson? WHO IS Michael Jackson?...You?....No...So be quiet :)

2 - Why the hell should he do what the media wants? Look how the media has treated him, and you want him to suck up to them? Michael COULD retire right now. He has done enough. He doesnt HAVE to release Thriller 25. He doesnt HAVE to release a new album, and he certainly doesnt HAVE to go on the grammy's, just because you want to see something new, because your bored of watching "In The Closet" again, and again, and again, and again......

3 - haha.....He needs to take YOUR avice? 44 years have taught him NOTHING?...are we talking about the same man here? I'm amazed he hasnt phoned you up, demanding that you be his manager. Your obviously more of a genius than he is! You seem to think that living in the mid-west gives you a right to boss peple around. Get over yourself.

4 - Michael is not selfish. The only selfish one here is you. You should be ashamed of yourself.

5 - Michael has given so much to his fans over the years. It will NOT last forever. Neither will Michael. Accept it.

6 - You spelled "Jesus" wrong.....

Eugh.

hey, man/ woman (?)
I think you're scolding a wrong fan;)

Last edited:
Just a little bit of info about Grammys but no mention of MJ. Looks like they're revving up to have a pretty good program though. I see Prince is added, I think he's a presenter (probably The Time):

Grammys: Miley Cyrus in, Amy Winehouse -- we'll see...

Feb 6, 2008, 04:00 PM | by Lynette Rice
Categories: Music Biz, TV Biz

mileycyrusconcert_l.jpg
Jack Sussman, CBS’ executive vice president of specials, music, and live events, will neither confirm nor deny the possibility of a Michael Jackson appearance for a special Thriller tribute (fingers crossed!) at this year's Grammys, but he assures us he doesn't need the Gloved One to make the 50th Annual Grammy Awards telecast special.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: So what can we expect?
JACK SUSSMAN: We’ve got great stuff going on. Think about it this way... we’ve got Alicia Keys, Carrie Underwood, Prince, Rihanna, The Beatles, Miley Cyrus (pictured), John Legend, Fergie, Tina Turner, Beyonce, and Nelly Furtado... and that’s just in the first hour. And there’s going to be some great moments recognizing the historical significance of Sgt. Pepper.

When did you first start worrying that the ongoing writers strike might threaten the show?
I thought about it as soon as it happened with the Golden Globes. It never, ever deterred us from producing the show. We stayed out of it a lot; this wasn’t CBS’ fight. Ultimately, the musicians union and AFTRA were in support of this show. Those are the two major unions. This is the one night a year that the music business has to celebrate. It was like, our business is hurting way more than your business. Don’t hurt us on this one night. Once artists started coming forward -- Beyonce, the Foo Fighters –- the music academy had the foundation to build and deliver a show.

How can you pay tribute to 50 years of the Grammys in just three hours?
It will be three and a half hours. It’s not an easy task, putting 10 pounds of potato salad into a 1-pound container. We’ve got to keep the pace moving, celebrate the past, but speak toward the future. Not everything is going to be hard rocking. You can’t drive up the tempo for three and a half hours. But we’re coming up with some great magical moments that only happen on the Grammy Awards.

How late can you make a change to the show before it airs live on Sunday?
You can deal up until Friday, but it can’t be anything monstrous that requires a tremendous amount of set construction. But changes can be made right before and even during the show. [At the 1998 Grammys], Pavarotti called at 8:30 that night to say he couldn’t make it for his 9:30 appearance because he was sick in his hotel. Executive Producer Ken Ehrlich walked up to Aretha Franklin, who had sung "Nessun Dorma" at a charity event earlier in the week, and ended up giving one of the greatest Grammy moments ever.

What’s the latest on Amy Winehouse? Will she show?
Her visa is pending. She received a clean bill of health from the board of doctors in London who examined her Monday [Feb. 4]. She is still living at the rehab facility, but she left to go through the visa application and medical exam. I’m hopeful she will be in the building Sunday.

Any musicians you tried to get for the show but couldn’t?
We had wanted to create a great moment for Chris Brown. It was his kind of year. But he has a throat injury so he’s resting it. He will come to the show and give out a big award.

Any jazz and classical performances we can look forward to?
Herbie Hancock will perform with Lang Lang, an amazing pianist prodigy from China.

How will you unveil the My Grammy Moment winner?
The Foo Fighters will perform outdoors in the plaza with a bunch of fans. The band will do a huge performance of "The Pretender," which will be an orchestration by John Paul Jones. Three of the orchestra members will be chosen by viewers. During the first hour of the Grammys, fans will vote for one to get up and play a solo with the orchestra and Dave Grohl on vocals.

Any shout-outs to country?
Carrie Underwood will perform near the top of show. Brad Paisley will have an arena moment.

What about the opening number? I know you like to keep that a secret, but... any hints?
It will totally set the tone for the 50th anniversary, one you don’t want to miss. There will be more than one artist on stage and it hearkens back to the past.
Any other surprises?
There will be a great moment in gospel music. You don’t see an awful lot of gospel performers raise the roof. We’ll also pay tribute to the fathers of rock and roll like John Fogerty, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Little Richard.

Are you prepared for a possible Kanye West outburst if he doesn’t win?
It’s live TV. Anything can happen.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/02/50th-grammys-cy.html#more

What about the opening number? I know you like to keep that a secret, but... any hints?
It will totally set the tone for the 50th anniversary, one you don’t want to miss. There will be more than one artist on stage and it hearkens back to the past.

That's soooo a Thriller tribute medley

That's soooo a Thriller tribute medley
I kinda think so too, but still don't know if MJ will show up or not. Since it'll probably be first, can't miss the opening act. Also with Miley Cyrus, they should have a pretty good audience--the younguns seem to like her.

Last edited:

SO it sounds like the surprise Opening Number may be the Thriller tribute ..

Thank you for saying this. I thought I was the only one. :lol: Anytime MJ's awesomeness is promoted I get happy. :D

You are welcome. :) Dang! I saw the commercial yesterday and I was all excited about it. I was hoping to chat about it on here but all I saw were bashing and agruing. Man.....

The only things really confirmed now is Hannah Montana (Miley Cyrus) is added and Amy Winehouse was taken out because of visa problems especially following her drug addiction ordeal.

The only things really confirmed now is Hannah Montana (Miley Cyrus) is added and Amy Winehouse was taken out because of visa problems especially following her drug addiction ordeal.

Well, if you believe anything from tmz.com, they just said that Amy Winehouse's visa was denied. So, practically, if true, she might not go to the Grammys.

And if you hear about Mary J. Blige NOT being there, don't trust AOL Black Voices or MediaFakeOut because she's still listed as a performer. Just tellin' ya...

I just saw an ad for the Grammy awards on an Australian cable TV channel called "Arena" (channel 105) and I wasn't paying much attention but what caught my eye was like a sort of flash on the screen of Michael doing a spin from the Grammy 88 performance. It lasted like a second. But it was definitely him, spinning, in that blue shirt he wore, with the big choir behind him. No doubt it was him. Why would they show that in an ad for this year's grammy awards? As I said I wasn't paying attention (because it was a commercial break, who does pay attention? lol) so I don't know what was said in relation to the flash of MJ but I will look out for that ad again and see if they say anything while or just before that flash is shown like "including special guest performers" :) or "including flashbacks to the greatest grammy moments in history" :( .

Last edited:
i hate watching the grammy's...jackson performance or not, they always suck. tmz usually has the news before anyone else...same w/ perez. they got sources every damn where. amy has to perform via satellite cuz she was denied a travel visa.

i doubt he'll perform. prolly show up for the tribute and then duck out the back

I just saw an ad for the Grammy awards on an Australian cable TV channel called "Arena" (channel 105) and I wasn't paying much attention but what caught my eye was like a sort of flash on the screen of Michael doing a spin from the Grammy 88 performance. It lasted like a second. But it was definitely him, spinning, in that blue shirt he wore, with the big choir behind him. No doubt it was him. Why would they show that in an ad for this year's grammy awards? As I said I wasn't paying attention (because it was a commercial break, who does pay attention? lol) so I don't know what was said in relation to the flash of MJ but I will look out for that ad again and see if they say anything while or just before that flash is shown like "including special guest performers" :) or "including flashbacks to the greatest grammy moments in history" :( .

i saw that commercial somewhere too, they prob. showed it cause that's when he performed at the grammy's, i guess. They said in the commercial that there will be a tribute to thriller at the grammys.

Well I saw it on YAHOO (AP). So... ;)

Oh alright. I was just spreading the news. I had no clue that you got the information from the AP. I usually read TMZ.com first.

Access Hollywood.com also said that Amy's visa was denied.

And if you hear about Mary J. Blige NOT being there, don't trust AOL Black Voices or MediaFakeOut because she's still listed as a performer. Just tellin' ya...

To be honest, I cannot STAND mediatakeout.com! I hate that site. LOL. I do not believe a thing from that site. They lie like crazy on that site. I saw the news that Mary actually going to the Grammys on thegrapejuice.net. I get my music news from that site.

The commercial showed MJ because they are doing a Thriller 25 tribute. The commercial, from my memory, did not mentioned that MJ was going to be there or perform. It confirmed the Thriller 25 tribute.

Last edited:

They showed that clip becuase they were showing clips of Grammy
performances - That was Michaels "Man in the Mirror" performance in
88 I believe_ they have several commercials I found Michael in 3
of them so far - and it shows the same clip from the Grammy's

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back