Guns N' Roses

Ya we have to compromise..lol thats only we can do now..But the truth is none of them have tht caliber to go on Solo,no offense but its really true..

I think Axl can go solo, and slash has many fans, dont know, may be we dont need to be negative about it.

I think Axl can go solo, and slash has many fans, dont know, may be we dont need to be negative about it.

Nah Im not impressed with this Solo idea for any Gunner..its already proved none of them have that caliber..This GNR thing will be always attached to them and ppl will always keep waitin for Re union and anyway we already know they are not goin to re unite as Axl said..My point here is when every member worked out their relationships then why Axl is left behind.And anyway when you're celebrity you cannot have your ego driving your mind all the times cuz tht just destroy your creativity and popularity.And hehe wait for some time you will understand why none of them can go Solo:)

And Im not negative here its just reality if reality is negative then we cant do nothin about it..And we all have seen most of the bands being together get such huge success but when they go Solo they just mess up..and there are plenty of examples for it.There are very very few examples of those ppl who got huge success even after the split of their group..Axl and Slash are both very much talented but still none of them have such a great caliber to go on being Solo artist but ya if they can work out then it could be like one of the greatest re union..I dont want them to wait til they all are like 60-70 yrs old to Re unite..tht will not be a good thing cuz til then fans will loose interest in their Re union..The only one thing i dont get is both are in their forties and still got so bad blood for each other like they are little kids.:rofl:

I prefer the 'New Guns' vs 'Old Guns.' There were members in Guns before Slash and Duff, Axl formed the band, so it's always been about a rotating cast of musicians around Axl. People who think guns formed w/ Slash need to learn the band's history; it was there before him, when Hollywood Rose merged w/ LA Guns (thus Guns N' Roses). Steven, Slash, Duff, and Matt joined at various later dates, so to think the band should end w/ people who didn't even start it, when it's always featured rotating musicians around Axl Rose, is both ignorant and unfair.

I prefer the 'New Guns' vs 'Old Guns.' There were members in Guns before Slash and Duff, Axl formed the band, so it's always been about a rotating cast of musicians around Axl. People who think guns formed w/ Slash need to learn the band's history; it was there before him, when Hollywood Rose merged w/ LA Guns (thus Guns N' Roses). Steven, Slash, Duff, and Matt joined at various later dates, so to think the band should end w/ people who didn't even start it, when it's always featured rotating musicians around Axl Rose, is both ignorant and unfair.

OK lets go to History:Das far as i can remember GNR was one of the greatest bands when Slash was still in there..Anyway maybe you havent seen the brilliance of tht old band which ruled Rock music world thats why you choose new line up..I dont know why Axl fans have so much problem with ppl who like Slash:)..Slash is really awesome Guitar player if he wasnt then MJ wud have never called him to studio to play on his songs..Anyway i guess its just personal taste lol..but personal taste doesnt mean that you start to ignore the reality..lol..I dont know where you're from but to most of Rock audience GNR=Axl and Slash..you wont believe it but my friend bought Chinese Democracy cd and when he saw there was no Slash on the album he was astonished cuz he thought its GNR so obviously it will be Axl Rose and Slash..its just one example ppl really gets confused with it..there are few things in this life which happens and they happen in such a huge way tht they are part of you no matter what..So ppl will know gnr but with Axl and Slash on their minds.and we can say no new line up is better no axl is better off without old guys,it just dont work that way cuz Axl never started solo he formed a band and being in band means you have to rely on other guys and fortunately Axl got hold on name Guns n Roses otherwise he was going to get fired after the spaghetti incident.And how Axl got hold on name I think we will never know,we have 2 stories for that but dont know which one to believe:no:

But still if you like New Line Up better then its cool,atleast you will plenty of chances to see GNR live:)

Rahul you are right on some points, but Axl is good you cant deny that, yes is far too egocentric, but he has something to back it up, see, Axl was catching all the attention from the beggining of the band whoever the members were, and the other members of the band from USE YOUR ILLUSION era were jealous, thats the truth, they couldn't stand the whole thing around Axl, its true, Slash is GREAT; but he is a guitar player, and well, in bands the ones to get all the attention are the front man/woman, they should have let their egos behind and realize that in bands thats how it works, i mean Izzy will never be like Axl, if you see the Don't Cry video, there is a part where someone is holding a poster that clearly says WHERE'S IZZY referring this whole problem that Izzy could not hide, but it was the thought of all the other member, see Izzy said Axl was the protagonist of most of their videos and he (izzy) wanted to be more important in the videos, Izzy said this, and Axl found out about this whole thing and thats why you see that poster in the Dont Cry video, so is not Axl fault, it was all about who got more attention, pretty sad, but true.

OK lets go to History:Das far as i can remember GNR was one of the greatest bands when Slash was still in there..Anyway maybe you havent seen the brilliance of tht old band which ruled Rock music world thats why you choose new line up..I dont know why Axl fans have so much problem with ppl who like Slash:)..Slash is really awesome Guitar player if he wasnt then MJ wud have never called him to studio to play on his songs..Anyway i guess its just personal taste lol..but personal taste doesnt mean that you start to ignore the reality..lol..I dont know where you're from but to most of Rock audience GNR=Axl and Slash..you wont believe it but my friend bought Chinese Democracy cd and when he saw there was no Slash on the album he was astonished cuz he thought its GNR so obviously it will be Axl Rose and Slash..its just one example ppl really gets confused with it..there are few things in this life which happens and they happen in such a huge way tht they are part of you no matter what..So ppl will know gnr but with Axl and Slash on their minds.and we can say no new line up is better no axl is better off without old guys,it just dont work that way cuz Axl never started solo he formed a band and being in band means you have to rely on other guys and fortunately Axl got hold on name Guns n Roses otherwise he was going to get fired after the spaghetti incident.And how Axl got hold on name I think we will never know,we have 2 stories for that but dont know which one to believe:no:

But still if you like New Line Up better then its cool,atleast you will plenty of chances to see GNR live:)

All very true Rahul, in regard to the public and most people, even the most die-hard of GNR fans, associating the band w/ Slash and the 'classic 5' line-up as I think of them (Axl/Slash/Izzy/Duff/Steven). In fairness that is the line-up that catapulted the band to its highest heights of fame and one of the top selling American bands of all time, and the prior GNR line-up didn't even release any albums.

As an Axl and Guns fan, nah, I don't have a problem w/ Slash or his fans (as I myself am a big fan of his work w/ Guns and MJ), but it is frustrating and sadening to see people hate on the new band though. They're pretty awesome musicians, all really top caliber, so it disheartens me to see people cast off the new material w/out giving it any chance. Most of the negative reviews all seemed to hate the album before even listening to it, most prefaced w/ comments that didn't even have to do w/ music, like "14 million dollars to make," "17 yrs since the last album of new material," "no Slash/Izzy/Duff," etc etc etc. What does the cost of the album have to do w/ whether it's good or not? Granted I have read some genuine negative reviews w/ genuine musical criticisms, which I respect, but I think most people have a preconceived problem w/ Axl and the band.

As for your disappointed friend who bought the album, yes, I have a friend who has no interest in the album because of the lack of Slash, lol! Oh well, at least the album finally came out, and hopefully it won't be another 17 yrs before Axl releases some new music. I guess the best way for Axl to overcome the image of "old guns" (as he calls them) is to actually release music regularly, and when he tours, to actually play more then 2-3 new songs!

As for Slash, I've started reading his autobiography, which I heard was good, and I'm curious who his next lead singer will be since firing Weiland. He said that he wants to return to the sound of AFD, which is good. I was never much of a STP fan, and I guess VR tailored their sound to suit Scotty Weiland. Should be fun to see who they get and how they sound. . . . BTW happy new year!

All very true Rahul, in regard to the public and most people, even the most die-hard of GNR fans, associating the band w/ Slash and the 'classic 5' line-up as I think of them (Axl/Slash/Izzy/Duff/Steven). In fairness that is the line-up that catapulted the band to its highest heights of fame and one of the top selling American bands of all time, and the prior GNR line-up didn't even release any albums.

As an Axl and Guns fan, nah, I don't have a problem w/ Slash or his fans (as I myself am a big fan of his work w/ Guns and MJ), but it is frustrating and sadening to see people hate on the new band though. They're pretty awesome musicians, all really top caliber, so it disheartens me to see people cast off the new material w/out giving it any chance. Most of the negative reviews all seemed to hate the album before even listening to it, most prefaced w/ comments that didn't even have to do w/ music, like "14 million dollars to make," "17 yrs since the last album of new material," "no Slash/Izzy/Duff," etc etc etc. What does the cost of the album have to do w/ whether it's good or not? Granted I have read some genuine negative reviews w/ genuine musical criticisms, which I respect, but I think most people have a preconceived problem w/ Axl and the band.

As for your disappointed friend who bought the album, yes, I have a friend who has no interest in the album because of the lack of Slash, lol! Oh well, at least the album finally came out, and hopefully it won't be another 17 yrs before Axl releases some new music. I guess the best way for Axl to overcome the image of "old guns" (as he calls them) is to actually release music regularly, and when he tours, to actually play more then 2-3 new songs!

As for Slash, I've started reading his autobiography, which I heard was good, and I'm curious who his next lead singer will be since firing Weiland. He said that he wants to return to the sound of AFD, which is good. I was never much of a STP fan, and I guess VR tailored their sound to suit Scotty Weiland. Should be fun to see who they get and how they sound. . . . BTW happy new year!

Hey first of all Happy New Yr. to you and to Vard too:)

Actually I firstly didnt like album really but Street of Dreams is really great song,I heard it frm Boston when it was called "The Blues" but Axl changed the title of the song.Chinese Democracy is ofcourse one of the best albums to come out after 2002..Im not really into tht new artists like Britney or Beyonce and I dont even care about Madonna..I think Chinese Democracy surprasses all these new artists plus Madonnna no matter how much money she make..Im mentioning Madonna many times here cuz I really don't get why she get paid for being so Untalented..Anyway back to the topic actually this problem of Old line up/New line up will always exist no matter how hard Axl try..And I really dont know much about Velvet Revolver..honestly i never heard even a single song from them..But VR also had same success like Chinese Democracy.there one album sold like 3 million but if Im wrong about it then im sorry I dont know much about them..And when it comes to attention if Slash dont top on Axl then Axl dont top on Slash either..ya its true that Frontman gets more attention but Slash was kinda different guitar player,i dont see that feel and energy in any guitar player which makes him unique..this man literally dances while playin guitar and most of the times he dont miss a single note..thats really big thing and cuz of that split all the members from old line up still have legal issues and those issues really took a big toll on each and every member of the band:(

And ya jealousy is always there in every Band,it was not particularily in GNR.I think its really true that Axl started to work like GNR was his Solo project,when we work in a group then opinion of just one member doesnt matter..For once its ok for twice its ok but third time there will be friction and its human nature we cant change it..Its not about who's more talented,we are here talkin about a group not about who's more talented.What Michael did back in 1979 was really a wise decision,for his own ideas he separated himself from Jacksons and launched Off The Wall and kept workin on his solo projects too and he got out of the jacksons clean in 84 without any issues.we can say they were brothers so it was easy but unfortunately this thing MONEY sometimes makes you blind about relationships no matter how close relationship is.Believe it nor not,no matter how hard Axl try to convience the public that he got hold on GNR name just to improve sales,he cant make everybody forget what they had in their minds frm long time and at the end Axl is the bad guy though die hard fans will still hold on but many will loose interest:(

Happy new year rahul_adams2001!!!
why you say Axl is the bad guy, i mean in evry band the frontman gets all the attention, the videos are almost based on the singer, is like that, if you watch every video from whatever the band is you wanna take as example you will see, the singer is allwys the one getting the attention, the focus, and with Michael, people around him said that the others brothers WERE jealous of Michael (theres a whole big story behind that), and i think its true.
Im a Guns fan, i love all their song from the begginig till now, I mean Slash is great, but i like more the art of singing and expression, yes Axl plays piano, but i like to see him stand, making the crowd go crazy, i like that kind of energy the most ,thats why i like Michael, i like the most the aggresive Michael, i think he gives himself to the public, or the music, everything is there on stage, when you see that kind of acts you can see the real talent, at least thats my say.

Ooh i love me some GNR. In my country GNR must be one of the most popular bands ever :D November Rain, I dont think anyone here doesnt know that song LOL. I personally love Dont Cry more. Their videos for these songs are Epic!

Ooh i love me some GNR. In my country GNR must be one of the most popular bands ever :D November Rain, I dont think anyone here doesnt know that song LOL. I personally love Dont Cry more. Their videos for these songs are Epic!

Wow cool, what country?

Hey first of all Happy New Yr. to you and to Vard too:)

Believe it nor not,no matter how hard Axl try to convience the public that he got hold on GNR name just to improve sales,he cant make everybody forget what they had in their minds frm long time and at the end Axl is the bad guy though die hard fans will still hold on but many will loose interest:(

Though I'm a huge Axl fan I agree. No matter whose fault the break-up is, Axl retained the band's rights and didn't release any new music for almost an entire generation -- and then did zero promotion -- that's crazy! Van Halen, in contrast after DLR left, released albums right away w/ Sammy Hagar. Yeah fans debated and said "Van Hagar" or whatever, but the band did not become irrelevant. . . . As I've said I enjoy the new band and hope it tours and releases more albums, but I wonder what its future holds w/ such low sales. Hopefully they'll do some kind of promotion @ some point, tour, and release another album in a yr or 2 and promote it. The music world needs Axl to stay around! lol

As for Madonna I agree and never got the mass appeal. She's got a few catchy pop hits from the 80s that I like but not much else. Oh well diff'rent folks diff'rent strokes.

As for going solo maybe once upon a time Uncle Axl at his height, but after seeing the low sales of Chinese Democracy I don't think so. And after reading Axl's postings, he said his solo material is more instrumental, and that even though people think otherwise, Chinese Democracy was a collaborative effort, so I'd prefer him w/ Guns anyway. I like the new Guns sound and know of most-all of his band members or their former bands, so I would be disappointed if Axl just used random studio musicians.

Though I'm a huge Axl fan I agree. No matter whose fault the break-up is, Axl retained the band's rights and didn't release any new music for almost an entire generation -- and then did zero promotion -- that's crazy! Van Halen, in contrast after DLR left, released albums right away w/ Sammy Hagar. Yeah fans debated and said "Van Hagar" or whatever, but the band did not become irrelevant. . . . As I've said I enjoy the new band and hope it tours and releases more albums, but I wonder what its future holds w/ such low sales. Hopefully they'll do some kind of promotion @ some point, tour, and release another album in a yr or 2 and promote it. The music world needs Axl to stay around! lol

As for Madonna I agree and never got the mass appeal. She's got a few catchy pop hits from the 80s that I like but not much else. Oh well diff'rent folks diff'rent strokes.

Axl's zero promotion of the album makes people think that maybe Axl didnt want to relase the album,maybe company forced him to release the album.Maybe Axl didnt come out to promote to avoid those questions from media which were unanswered in the past.And its really not easy being hiding for yrs and then coming out of dark but he will have to do this if he really thinks that his album got potential to sell..But this Slash thing is always gonna backfire on him.There are 3 types of GNR fans,ones are Axl fans,ones are Slash fans and rest are GNR fans but this last GNR group is also divided in 2 parts..one is old band fans and others new line up fans..So Axl got long way to go if he keep this GNR name attached to himself just for sake of his ego..I think Slash,Duff and Matt have moved on but Axl just dont wanna.Duff even said that if Re union happens then it will be blast if it doesnt then also its alright he is matured enough to get over that GNR thing.And I think thats the best answer he could give about Re union:)

And ya Vard ofcourse Frontman gets all attention but GNR is really a exception,trust me..these 2 Axl and Slash ruled it.And we all know when 5 people are workin together then no matter how alike they are still there will be little friction and that thing happens with every group..

Yeah, I read GNR message boards, and like the 1st track on Use Your Illusion 2, it's like a 'Cival War' lol! But two Civil Wars! Axl vs Slash and New Guns vs Old Guns! I remember reading on heretodaygonetohell.com during the 06 tour, New Guns fans angry that Izzy came on stage, saying things like, "Axl doesn't need anyone from the old line-up," "The new line-up is better w/out them," and it's like WTF, Izzy wrote/cowrote most of the songs in GNR's catalogue!

Yeah, I read GNR message boards, and like the 1st track on Use Your Illusion 2, it's like a 'Cival War' lol! But two Civil Wars! Axl vs Slash and New Guns vs Old Guns! I remember reading on heretodaygonetohell.com during the 06 tour, New Guns fans angry that Izzy came on stage, saying things like, "Axl doesn't need anyone from the old line-up," "The new line-up is better w/out them," and it's like WTF, Izzy wrote/cowrote most of the songs in GNR's catalogue!

Ya kinda true..actually new line up fans get all freaked out when they hear the success story of the old line up.and they are pretty much Axl fans those will kiss Axl's a$$ no matter what he does but one thing is for sure that Axl really handles it like his Solo project..its not a band really its just a stage with all its door opens for anybody.If Axl says yes then you can come in and if Axl kicks you out then you're out or if you dont say yes to Axl then also he's gonna kick you out.Personally if i am in some group I wouldn't want everybody else to think like me..It would be better if others guys think alike so that we can have crticism within plus this criticism within improve quality of your own music.Anyway I think I've moved on on tis Re union stuff,I know inside my heart I still want it :D I can accept it but not every wish could be fulfilled:no:

I hear what all you guys are saying...apart from Axl the best thing that has come out of ex-Guns members is Velvet Revolver and it was pretty good but sounds like a nursery Rhyme when compared to Chinese Democracy.I'm very content that Axl is the captain of the GNR ship! And if you sit down and watch a live DVD from old Guns and then one by new Guns...its very very clear to see Axl is alot happier and relaxed with this new band than he ever was with old GNR.

Yes just stop the whole fight for who is better as long as its music, and its good, its allright, I love Guns N Roses

We are not fighting Vard,its just a discussion and ofcourse we all love GNR music for sure!!!!:yes:

ok :D, but you are right that guns are not as great without the Axl, Izzy, and Slash combination, yes you are defenitly right, i was listening to the old guns, and to the use your illusion era was the best.

ok :D, but you are right that guns are not as great without the Axl, Izzy, and Slash combination, yes you are defenitly right, i was listening to the old guns, and to the use your illusion era was the best.

Watch Ritz 88 concert of original GNR,you will see how great there combination was..I have tht show on dvd.If you want to download tht show ill try to give you a link..its about 800 MB file and its complete concert in great quality.Just let me know if you're interested in downloading tht concert in great quality:)

Watch Ritz 88 concert of original GNR,you will see how great there combination was..I have tht show on dvd.If you want to download tht show ill try to give you a link..its about 800 MB file and its complete concert in great quality.Just let me know if you're interested in downloading tht concert in great quality:)

YES, i would love to!

Thank you very much!!! you're the best, ill search for the codecs, Thank you:) :yes:

Hey no problem Vard..I love this concert..its so amazing plus no so huge stage just normal stage with great talent of the original members:)..I love Steven in this concert..just take look how he plays drums you will forget Matt.:D

Hey no problem Vard..I love this concert..its so amazing plus no so huge stage just normal stage with great talent of the original members:)..I love Steven in this concert..just take look how he plays drums you will forget Matt.:D

I will, then i let you know, you're cool man, thanks again!!

I was having a problem with this stipid computer of mine, so im am downloading it now, its 4:52 am in argentinian time hahaha.

I just seen the concert, its awesome, Steven Adler its like a little kid having fun!!! hahaha, Axl as always GREAT!!!!, and of course Slash too, good, good amazing concert, simple and energetic.
Type of internet connection, ummmm, i dont know anything about that, i just have it. India, good sounds there, very beautiful people.

Back