Heal The World Foundation (merged topics here)

Re: Heal The World Foundation

Melissa...did you get permission from MJ? The answer is NO you did not! HTWF was shut down prior to trial...so why suggest that lawyers like tmez weren't doing their jobs? Also MJ hasn't been involved with HTWF because of the history of questionable goings on with it. For the ones that really were involved with it, they don't speak of it either due to their own shame or guilt depending on what their involvement was. Also there may still be investigations regarding HTWF and the flow of money. Thanks to LeslieHu for posting some of the legal facts.

Once again, let's wait and see. Jumping to conclusions, speculation and attack will get us nowhere especially if we don't have all the facts.

Here's the thing: even IF HTWF does not officially exist anymore as an entity, what is to stop US from holding to it's ideals? What is to stop US from making this world a better place to live in, starting with ourselves, then radiating to others? Heal The World doesn't have to necessarilly be an organization; more a frame of mind, kinda like Neverland. Neverland is more a frame of mind than anything else. WE can heal the world. But it has to start from within ourselves and not by attacking others who may (or may not) know more about the organization than we do. What is to stop US from making Heal the World a reality??

Melissa

Last edited:

Hmm, that site looks dodgy to me, too. It looks like it was started by a fan, and isn't professionally designed.

Melissa, I am going to PM you (personal message; link located underneath your login name) with the info you requested. HTW is something I have always believed in, with or without a foundation. Yes, I did read through the site, but I was in agreement with it before that. I just happen to hold to the same things in my personal life and try to do my part, and teach my children to do the same. There is a great something to be said about character building; it is something our world sorely lacks these days. And, as "you can't teach an old dog new tricks", the generation to reach first is the children. It really starts with them. Changing ourselves as grownups is a lot more difficult, and unnatural, but we must go beyond what is natural and dive into the supernatural to make it work. For the kids. My God, who are we going to do it for if not the kids, the future generation??? Their lives are in our hands. Anyway, I'll PM you and I can finish this conversation in email. :) Nice to meet you. "Leslie #2" hahaha I like that.

Much appreciated Melissa. Your work and the work of all those who put in the effort will not be lost. Out of curiousity..when was the last time you spoke or met with MJ?

when we can tell you more we will

Last edited:

Melissa, good to see you are continuing the conversation. To be honest, sometimes this forum isn't for the faint of heart. Ya gotta be strong as an ox to make it through sometimes, lol

Thing with MJ fans, is there is a huge feeling of defensiveness toward him. A LOT of fans will go out of their way, even to the point of labelling, criticizing, arguing, and spewing venom, for the sake of defending him against the "haters" in this world. For me it is sad to see, and unfortunately I even see it here on this forum (though I have seen it MUCH worse elsewhere). That's because that isn't what Michael stands for AT ALL. His stand is love and respect for others. He expects that out of people who truly love him - am I right? And if MILLIONS upon millions of fans claim they love him, how many actually TRULY love him by taking his stand of love and respect?

So some of you say that the website looks "dodgy". Melissa claims it to be an unfinished temporary project with an official site under construction and coming later. Now, if you were in her shoes, would you prefer the major public to see your official site, or your temporary site? Would you shout to the world that your temp. site was up, or would you shout to the world that your official site was up? But you know, if you think the site looks too dodgy for you, then stay away from it and don't take part in an awesome movement. Don't help Michael heal the world. That's your choice. But don't attack something or someone based on your opinion when you don't know the facts of the matter. Don't judge a book by it's cover.

this is not a good representation of what Jackson fans should be.
I actually think this is out of line. There are some very legitimate questions asked. Maybe the tone is a bit stern, but the questionmarks are there and the answers are vague to say the least. Fact is that the charity was shut down prior to the whole trial episode. You say the charity was and is still active, but it was shutdown in 2002 "for failing to file yearly accounting statements" ( http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4601265 ) . So... how can it still be active as you say?

Maybe there is truth in what you say, but dragging in God, saying Michael would be hurt that his fans are unbelieving and unloving, and declaring yourself a 'humble servant' doesn't set my mind at ease. It's a way to place feelings of guilt onto people, while at the same time avoiding to really answer the questions.

I made donations to HTWF in the past (talking about the nineties here). In the beginning, I sometimes got reports on what was done with donations. But the list of actual good deeds dried up pretty soon. Didn't get any answers to my questions on that from the Foundation, so at one point I stopped donating. You don't give me reasons to start doing it again as of now.

Last edited:

oh dear,
I didn't want this thread to be a negative one! Just to find out some details. It's great that the web site creator has spoke to us. It's not like they were shoving the website in our face - we found it ourselves just out of curiosity.

I think Heal the WOrld has always been in Michael JAckson's heart and as he's become older and wiser it (charity work etc.) has become more important than his music. Lots of people tend to become more charitable when they age.

I'm looking forward to see how this project develops and even if Michael Jackson has no part of it I wish them good luck with their charity efforts.

:)

I actually think this is out of line. There are some very legitimate questions asked. Maybe the tone is a bit stern, but the questionmarks are there and the answers are vague to say the least. Fact is that the charity was shut down prior to the whole trial episode. You say the charity was and is still active, but it was shutdown in 2002 "for failing to file yearly accounting statements" ( http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4601265 ) . So... how can it still be active as you say?

Maybe there is truth in what you say, but dragging in God, saying Michael would be hurt that his fans are unbelieving and unloving, and declaring yourself a 'humble servant' doesn't set my mind at ease. It's a way to place feelings of guilt onto people, while at the same time avoiding to really answer the questions.

I made donations to HTWF in the past (talking about the nineties here). In the beginning, I sometimes got reports on what was done with donations. But the list of actual good deeds dried up pretty soon. Didn't get any answers to my questions on that from the Foundation, so at one point I stopped donating. You don't give me reasons to start doing it again as of now.

Calm down, wait and see, wait and see. In fact maybe in order to save face for Heal the World in general, before this thread gets out of hand, maybe it should be closed?? Just to save it. HTWF seems to be in a re-vamp mode. Let's give it time to go through the course of proper legalities and promotion. As of right now it isn't actively promoted, only stumbled upon. I do not believe Melissa meant for the work to be talked about or promoted while it is still in this phase. She said herself that the work was slowed down and delayed prior to the trial, but not completely destroyed. So perhaps it hasn't been in 'active' status for some years, but it hasn't necessarily been nonexistent. A restauraunt can be shut down for a while due to remodeling or some type of work going on, especially if there were legal and red tape problems (which doesn't necessarily make the business BAD; just in need of help and re-organizing), and then open back up. Same thing with a charity. It may have been "shutdown", but not completely gone, you know what I'm saying? A couple of years after I adopted from Kazakhstan, adoptions were completely halted there until proper legal paperwork from parents was filed and up to date. In the meantime they reorganized the way the did adoptions (again). Some areas re-opened, while others stayed shutdown for awhile longer. They still planned on doing adoptions. They still worked on that. Lots of adoption work was continuing to go on, just not in the same way as before, when it was active. There was lots of paperwork to be done, but no international adoptions until everything was ready again. it is now active again and works in a different way. Why should HTWF be much different?

Heal the World seemed destined to succeed when Jackson founded it.
With his career soaring thanks to a new album, Dangerous, and a lucrative Pepsi endorsement deal, the singer planned a world tour to help raise $100 million for his new children's charity and "spread the message of global love."

The organization built playgrounds, provided immunizations and funded scores of children's causes around the world. It helped pay for a Hungarian boy's lifesaving liver transplant and co-sponsored an airlift of more than 46 tons of relief supplies to war-torn Bosnia-Herzegovina in 1992.

Although it never reached the pop star's lofty $100 million goal, the foundation doled out about $4 million in its first five years, said Richard Fowler, director from 1995 to 1997.

In late 2002, however, it had net assets of just $3,542 and reported $2,585 in expenses, mostly for "management fees," according to the latest available tax filings.

As of late 2002, the foundation did not have a director, president or other top manager besides Jackson, who was listed as chairman, records show.

The foundation has been suspended in California since April 2002 for failing to file annual statements required of tax-exempt organizations, said John Barrett, spokesman for the state Franchise Tax Board. The penalty means the charity has to give up certain rights to appeal tax rulings.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2004-03-24-jackson-charity_x.htm

And to add fuel to the fire (but these ARE facts):

Independent, The (London), Aug 26, 1997
Heal the World, the charity set up by superstar Michael Jackson (left), was under scrutiny yesterday after the Charity Commission found a "significant" amount of its United Kingdom income went on administration. The singer's international charity was set up in 1992 in a with the aim of raising pounds 60m in a year. In June this year (1997) Channel 5's What's The Story programme revealed that the charity had not made a single charitable donation in the past three years. Richard Fowler, president of Heal the World International, said then that the UK charity had been made semi-dormant to cut costs, but would soon be revived.
Source: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_19970826/ai_n14119419/pg_1?tag=artBody;col1

ok, can you imagine how much charitable activity was FORCED to be stopped by Michael for years because of countless allegations, settlements, etc.? Can you imagine how much of a mess the organization would have been in because of that? Naturally it had to take a back seat, naturally costs had to be cut. Can you imagine how it would have made Michael feel to have his baby (the charity) killed? I can only imagine he was hanging on to that thing by a bare thread. And according to financial statistics, that is exactly what was going on. I am actually nearly clueless about the years 1998-2003, aside from Invincible and MSG and Bashir. They seem to be very quiet years, I guess because of the babies he was beginning to raise. Learning how to be a father (and a single one at that) kinda takes precedence over one's organization. Juggling music, kids and charity is extremely hard work; take it from me I know firsthand. In fact those were the same years I had to make my own music and charity work take a backseat; raising my family had to come first - being a military wife at the time I was practically a single mom for 8 years.

Poor Michael couldn't do nearly as much with this charity as he had dreamed of doing because greedy people are always out to ruin him and take his money and waste his time with foolish allegations. Even IF Melissa is lying, we can still do something about reviving Heal The World. It was an awesome dream of Michael's, and we can honor him and each other by helping keep it going in either official or unofficial ways.

Greening our holidays.

Positively Green’s Top Ten Eco-Holiday Tips

1. Buy and use only rechargeable batteries
2. To cut down on the waste of wrapping paper, try using materials such as paper grocery bags flipped inside out and decorated with soy ink stamps or the comic page of a newspaper for kids. Other great wrapping materials include old maps, sheet music and magazine ads. Another great wrapping idea is to enclose all your gifts in re-usable cotton mini shopping bags. You can customize them yourself and the recipient can use them over and over again.
3. Try soy or beeswax candles. They are cleaner and gentler on the environment but are every bit as beautiful and fragrant. Plus they last longer!
4. Borrow items from nature to set your table and return them when you’re done. Dried leaves or smooth stones make beautiful place cards, and a pinecone lying on its side creates the perfect stand.
5. When entertaining, don’t let all your guests drive separately to the party, register your event at Ride Amigos! They take care of everything from arranging carpools, rideshares, taxi shares and even calculates the CO2 saved by rideshares in offsetting the carbon footprint of the event. And then your friends don’t have to let friends drive.
6. Turn down your thermostat a few notches before your guests arrive. As more and more guests arrive, the room’s temperature will rise to a comfortable but not stuffy level and people won’t be sneaking outside for fresh air.
7. The holidays just wouldn’t be the same without our olfactory senses. Instead of chemically based air fresheners, scented paraffin candles and potpourri, try simmering cinnamon sticks on the stove or placing a few drops of pure essential oils on some stones or pine cones. And if you’re inclined toward baking, the smell of gingerbread cookies or apple pie fresh from the over is sure to delight any guest.
8. Don’t buy or make more food than you’ll need. If there are leftovers, send guests home with extras in pre-saved glass jars instead of plastic wrap.
9. Emphasize togetherness and people over things. What would your guests enjoy? Music, games and cooking together create memories and teach our children (and ourselves) that love and friendship are zero-waste.
10. If you’re looking for more than a warm and cozy glow, LED (or in some cases, solar), holiday lights for the home, tree and walkway can be found in colors and styles to reflect your taste and traditions. If you have old-school lights, enjoy them until they need to be replaced, but be sure to use a timer and keep them on for only 4-6 hours per night. HolidayLED’s sells LED lights, but they also have a recycling program that accepts old holiday lights.

Greening our holidays.

Positively Green’s Top Ten Eco-Holiday Tips

1. Buy and use only rechargeable batteries
2. To cut down on the waste of wrapping paper, try using materials such as paper grocery bags flipped inside out and decorated with soy ink stamps or the comic page of a newspaper for kids. Other great wrapping materials include old maps, sheet music and magazine ads. Another great wrapping idea is to enclose all your gifts in re-usable cotton mini shopping bags. You can customize them yourself and the recipient can use them over and over again.
3. Try soy or beeswax candles. They are cleaner and gentler on the environment but are every bit as beautiful and fragrant. Plus they last longer!
4. Borrow items from nature to set your table and return them when you’re done. Dried leaves or smooth stones make beautiful place cards, and a pinecone lying on its side creates the perfect stand.
5. When entertaining, don’t let all your guests drive separately to the party, register your event at Ride Amigos! They take care of everything from arranging carpools, rideshares, taxi shares and even calculates the CO2 saved by rideshares in offsetting the carbon footprint of the event. And then your friends don’t have to let friends drive.
6. Turn down your thermostat a few notches before your guests arrive. As more and more guests arrive, the room’s temperature will rise to a comfortable but not stuffy level and people won’t be sneaking outside for fresh air.
7. The holidays just wouldn’t be the same without our olfactory senses. Instead of chemically based air fresheners, scented paraffin candles and potpourri, try simmering cinnamon sticks on the stove or placing a few drops of pure essential oils on some stones or pine cones. And if you’re inclined toward baking, the smell of gingerbread cookies or apple pie fresh from the over is sure to delight any guest.
8. Don’t buy or make more food than you’ll need. If there are leftovers, send guests home with extras in pre-saved glass jars instead of plastic wrap.
9. Emphasize togetherness and people over things. What would your guests enjoy? Music, games and cooking together create memories and teach our children (and ourselves) that love and friendship are zero-waste.
10. If you’re looking for more than a warm and cozy glow, LED (or in some cases, solar), holiday lights for the home, tree and walkway can be found in colors and styles to reflect your taste and traditions. If you have old-school lights, enjoy them until they need to be replaced, but be sure to use a timer and keep them on for only 4-6 hours per night. HolidayLED’s sells LED lights, but they also have a recycling program that accepts old holiday lights.

:angel:Impressive...Thank You for sharing your knowledge...
Keep helping to Heal The World~~~

And also.. donate your car for the foundation?????

donate your car...sure, haven't you ever donated a car before? There's people out there who need a car to get from place to place (you know, like work - get these people off welfare!!) and can't afford to buy one. There's lots of people who have 3, 4, 5 cars!! Come on, does a family REALLY need that many cars? We've donated our cars before to others. It's a nice gesture, if you do it in love.

What bout donating pieces of jewerely or nice clothes
that u dont need or that dont fit!

Im sure there are plenty of ladies that need nice colthes and jewelery!

This is my first day and post in the web.
I was wondering, Is Michael Jackson so alone that there is no one behind his back, working with him hand-to-hand, who could begin from just now on something similar, for example, to Elvis Presley Legacy co., or all his money-properties depend on big enterprises like that Mr. Barracks, (now including as soon as possible a big public Auction, what´s next...?), that we need a fan working on her own to keep the Michael Jackson Legacy? Where are the Michael Jackson Family rigths? (Prince Michael, Paris, Prince II, their legal status?).
Thank you very much.

( that we need a fan working on her own to keep the Michael Jackson Legacy? Where are the Michael Jackson Family rigths? (Prince Michael, Paris, Prince II, their legal status?).
Thank you very much.[/QUOTE]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear friends,

With my last message, I was referring to Mrs. Melissa Johson as "the fan working on her own", I don´t know if anyone of the staff could help me.

Thank you so much. -Violeta A.

This is my first day and post in the web.
I was wondering, Is Michael Jackson so alone that there is no one behind his back, working with him hand-to-hand, who could begin from just now on something similar, for example, to Elvis Presley Legacy co., or all his money-properties depend on big enterprises like that Mr. Barracks, (now including as soon as possible a big public Auction, what´s next...?), that we need a fan working on her own to keep the Michael Jackson Legacy? Where are the Michael Jackson Family rigths? (Prince Michael, Paris, Prince II, their legal status?).
Thank you very much.

Hi there, and welcome to the MJJC board!

We really don't know the answers to your questions (above). The legal status of the family is private, and is not known by the public, just as anyone has a right to their personal business. We really don't know what is being done, formally, in terms of a "legacy."

Victoria

I have not read this thread too closely, but I do have access to the official Heal The World Foundation tax filings through the year 2003.

The ones filed in 2003 (based on 2002 data) state, at the end:

HEAL THE WORLD FOUNDATION HAS CEASED ITS EXEMPT OPERATIONS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 10/31/2003. THERE WILL BE NO ACTIVITY FOR 2004 AND THE ORGANIZATION WILL FORMALLY DISSOLVED IN 2004.

On the form itself they also checked 'YES' to the question: "Was there a liquidation, dissolution, termination, or substantial contraction during the year?"

Thus, by all legal accounts, the foundation was dissolved in 2004.

I have not read this thread too closely, but I do have access to the official Heal The World Foundation tax filings through the year 2003.

The ones filed in 2003 (based on 2002 data) state, at the end:

HEAL THE WORLD FOUNDATION HAS CEASED ITS EXEMPT OPERATIONS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 10/31/2003. THERE WILL BE NO ACTIVITY FOR 2004 AND THE ORGANIZATION WILL FORMALLY DISSOLVED IN 2004.

On the form itself they also checked 'YES' to the question: "Was there a liquidation, dissolution, termination, or substantial contraction during the year?"

Thus, by all legal accounts, the foundation was dissolved in 2004.

Interesting. That was my understanding, as well. Whether or not it had been "brought back" . . . . . not sure. But if it had been, there would be subsequent tax filings. Hmmm.

Vic

michael is a hgonourable member this is what they wrote about michael on the site

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Honorary Founding Member[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Michael Jackson[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
michael_a_ring.jpg
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Mr. Jackson officially founded HTWF in 1991, forming the nonprofit, however, the heart of this charity, healing the world, one person at a time, was Mr. Jackson's life long mission and daily focus, even before the papers were signed and the foundation formalized.

HTWF focuses on character development worldwide and addressing high priority global problems and was on target to become one of the largest charity organizations in the world and also one of the greatest 'goods' to mankind and with any great good to mankind, comes opposition in that same measure. This is a universal Law.
Therefore, It is NO surprise to those that know the laws that govern us, that shortly after HTWF was launched in 1992, that the adversarial attacks on Michael Jackson began.
Despite the years of repeated attacks of the rapacious and the false rumors of this legendary entertainer and humanitarian, the fact remains that he is one of the most honorable, generous and Godlike men of our time and he will not be put down.
"The wicked can attack my manhood, but they can never change the content of my character."
Michael Jackson took many blows, but the spirit of love and truth will always prevail in the end and one man can do his part to HEAL THE WORLD.
Winston Churchill said:
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
Mr. Jackson was honored in 2000 by the Guinness Book of World Record's and in the Year 2000 Millennium Edition, Michael Jackson is listed as having the most charities supported by a pop star.
Let it be noted, HTWF was fully restructure with new directors and a refined direction, in part, due to the affect of Mr. Jackson's trial and the attacks on his character and credibility with his charitable work and children. HTWF was also slowed and delayed, but never destroyed.
mic_piedpiper_r.jpg

Welcome back! Welcome to HTWF.

Is Heal The World Foundation still linked to Michael

Does anyone know whether Heal the World Foundation which Michael founded still linked to Michael. I know it was close to his heart

Is it true that it suffered financially and closed its doors in 1995 or there abouts does anyone know the reasons.

Re: Is Heal The World Foundation still linked to Michael

the new htw thats been set up had nothing to do with mj from what ive read. ppl should be careful

Re: Is Heal The World Foundation still linked to Michael

Nope

I'm pretty sure Michael stopped having anything to do with HTWF in the early 2000's

Back