Heal The World Foundation (merged topics here)

Re: Heal The World Foundation

Hi guys,
maybe u don't know me because this is my first post on this forum, but I'm a fan from Italy.
Anyway, I've discovered the website few months ago, and I thoughts the same thing:"is Mike behind that?", so, I decided to write an email to the staff with this question, and Melissa(the President) answered me back.
She told me that yes, htw and the army, all of it is Mike's, but they are not ready for the public to know about it or the site,and there will be a press release when they are ready(for example: like u can see, the web site still needs a lot of work ).
So, it is HIS charity, but please don't spread the news (for now only MJ's fan can know about it), and I can tell you that Melissa will post here asap.

That's what she told me by emails.

she posted those same responses over a year ago, before michaels death, remember, that she cannot disclose who or what HTWF is due to "legal matters", and not even now, over a year later and after his death can she disclose any information as to who and what HTWF is. no humanitarian charity operates that way. nor do they speak that way about their organization. remember, jackson left 20% of his will, to HIS choice of charities, so I hoenstly believe that HTWF has been using this opportunity to show they are in fact linked to Jackson, but cannot prove it by way of transparency, public or governement documents, etc. etc.

Melissa...did you get permission from MJ? The answer is NO you did not! HTWF was shut down prior to trial...so why suggest that lawyers like tmez weren't doing their jobs? Also MJ hasn't been involved with HTWF because of the history of questionable goings on with it. For the ones that really were involved with it, they don't speak of it either due to their own shame or guilt depending on what their involvement was. Also there may still be investigations regarding HTWF and the flow of money. Thanks to LeslieHu for posting some of the legal facts.

after reading her reponse, they were pretty vague and not directly answering much of anything asked. jermaine jackson stated that micheal had a direct hands in and on every single charity he was linked WITH and involved with, no matter how far removed or far in the background he was. he would never, ever allow the use of his name or image if it was not a charity that he created, endorsed or contributed with, to and for. I would like to see actual documents, and not just be lead by someone I don't know personally, ie: the President of HTWF. keep in mind, micheal's charity was heal the world, not heal the world foundation. her posts from a year ago are still not providing factual documentation or information regarding the link WITH and to michael jackson. while HTWF may in fact be doing many charity and humanitarian efforts around the world, If so, I applaud them and give much respect, but I don't know that for fact, do I, at this point. I can't say I know that for sure as they refuse to post the public records as a charity on their website or provide the details of how a person of the public can access their operations records since creation, which all charity organizations must do, by law.

Last edited:

Once again, let's wait and see. Jumping to conclusions, speculation and attack will get us nowhere especially if we don't have all the facts.

Here's the thing: even IF HTWF does not officially exist anymore as an entity, what is to stop US from holding to it's ideals? What is to stop US from making this world a better place to live in, starting with ourselves, then radiating to others? Heal The World doesn't have to necessarilly be an organization; more a frame of mind, kinda like Neverland. Neverland is more a frame of mind than anything else. WE can heal the world. But it has to start from within ourselves and not by attacking others who may (or may not) know more about the organization than we do. What is to stop US from making Heal the World a reality??

in my humble opinion, it is of question and concern and rightly so, as past their home page, its pretty much a fan type site, with such tabloid trash and gossip in the forums and blogs, violating his privacy and home life, which he would never, ever allow or want on any of his charity initiatives. he would never allow a charity to make threads and posts about his charges, his trials, etc. etc. not ever. and michael is only listed as a founder, which I would like to see the public records on please. because I would like to know what his link is WITH and to HTWF as it exists today, before I donate money and/or time in his memory. also, it does matter, very much so, as an organization is carrying on business using his name, his image, his humanitarian efforts to acquire donations (money) from people, from his fans, and using his name and image to promote their organization over many others. yes, we can make a difference, each of us. but, i would much rather make that difference, in his name, in his memory, to an organization he was linked WITH. I never knew any of his charity or humanitarian efforts prior to his death and once I learned all about how much he has done and given (of himself and so many hundreds of thousands of dollars) over the last 40 years, i wanted to help, do my part, but in his memory and to make sure it was with and for a charity that he was directly linked WITH, and, not with one that is not transparent and being vague about who and what they are. any reasonable person would want and need that information to make an educated and well informed decision PRIOR to giving money or time to help sick or terminally ill children. Since I cannot get any answers from HTWF, which is very odd, as any charity I have worked with and for over many years, has made the operations and records for public review. I want to make sure I am contributing to his legacy, his humanitarian efforts that he created, he was a part of, in his memory, not some agency using his name and image for their cause over many others.

Last edited:
Re: Is Heal The World Foundation still linked to Michael

I really want to get to the bottom of this...I read a message posted here from HTW after he died..that he was working with them again? They are even on facebook and people are signing up because of MJ...I really think that fans all over the world should get organized and donate to have HTW associated w MJ back running...and sustain it in his memory...I would love to volunteer, donate and work for such a cause

from what jermaine said in his interview with larry king the other night, he is making it his duty to attend to and to continue on with the 30-39 charities micheal was involved with and for. i was hoping a list of his factual charities and humanitarian efforts would be shown so we all know who and what they were. i think maybe the guness world book of records might have such a list, anyone know? i heard they have mj in there for the most charitible famous person? write larry king, jermaine jackson, his estate, wonder if that would help us know which ones are legit and allowed to use his name and image to acquire donations and contributions, volunteers, etc. in his memory?

Re: Is Heal The World Foundation still linked to Michael

Even if its not officially ascosiated with michael anymore i dont see why this means we cant donate. If the charity is genuine and michael would have approved of their work i dont see the problem, he would have been proud tbh

they do not give, provide or allow access to any of the required charity records that are to be public, as required by law, so that is the issue. statements from the president or their staff is not sufficient nor fact that they are a legitimate charity and are lawfully connected to michael or allowed to conduct business as a charity using his name and image to zcquire money... these are the issues everyone is having problems with understanding as HTWF refuses to provide those details, to validate themselves as a charity that is linked WITH micheal. most information is vague, edited, and worded very carefully as to not come out and directly say HTWF is legally and lawfully connected with and for michael jackson as a charity, as his charity, with their supporting documents. if it was, why is everything registered to the president, in regards to ownership, registration, logo, domains, namebrand, copyright issues, etc. and that no officical statement is from micheal jackson acknowledging HTWF as his, as being the one he started, nor from his family or his estate or the executors? due to the enormity of michaels charity work and efforts, physically and financially, i am sure his estate, the family and the executors would NOT ignore any charity that is tied to and with micheal, as micheal would never ignore them or allow for his legacy to ignore them. there are no legal reasons for them to be ignored, unless of course, they are not the heal the world charity he created and worked with and for, and lets admit, he was humbly proud of each organization he worked with and for, he would not lie or hide it, nor would he want them ignored by his family, his estate or legacy. so if he was tied to HTWF there would be some statement, clip, print, interview, announce, etc. from michael so his fans, the world would know he was back and this was his baby, right?

Re: I just donated 10 US dollars to HTWF [New Update July 31]

Have you just joined the forum to bash the Heal the World Foundation?

MJ started the heal the world foundation and I'm pretty sure it would not have not have closed if it were not for the agenda against him and the financial situation created!

Maybe you are right but I'd rather know fully the reasons why it closed because I don't believe MJ would turn his back on it without good reason

Last edited:
Gaia, I don't think Jane's questions are "to bash the Heal the World Foundation" at all. These are VERY legitimate questions about any non-profit organization that is taking money from people every day.

I don't know of ANY 501 (c) 3 charity that does not have to make full public disclosure about their history, who they are, and what they do with the money they take.

Jane is actually completely correct about the current HTWF not being started by Michael Jackson. Melissa Johnson bought the name and domains of Heal the World/Heal the World Foundation after Michael's CPA and attorneys let them be suspended by the state of California.

Michael's original HTWF is defunct, it does not exist any more. This is very plain in the public records I published on this forum below.

Jane is also correct about the current HTWF banning fans for asking questions and about them deleting posts and blogs on their site that ask questions--I know this for a fact, because they deleted every one of my posts this weekend.

Melissa gave this as the reason "...we WILL remove any posts or even people who create an environment of disharmony or contention.

This is a place people come for a 'good' spirit and loving support. Including myself. This is NOT a democracy in our forums, we have control of the environment we create here and we will ban anyone who is causing harm to the charity."

"Causing harm" seems to be defined as anyone asking any questions at all about the legitimacy of this group. It is simply not permitted, and I have seen 5 or 6 people banned and all of their posts deleted--in the few weeks I was there.

These are very scary people who, as far as I can discover, are exploiting Michael Jackson's name and who are taking money from true, grieving fans under false pretense.

Several people have contacted me privately with concerns about this situation--they have given Melissa money and nothing is being done for charity by these people, so they are concerned. One is even talking about hiring a lawyer to find out the truth. If Michael did NOT endorse this organization--and I can find no proof that he ever did, and Melissa & Co. have shown no evidence and completely refuse to let any questions be asked, much less answer them--well, they have a great "get money for nothing" racket going on.

I have ZERO respect for people like this. They refuse to tell the truth--which is the same as telling a lie. The fans I saw asking questions were polite, concerned, and sincere. Melissa wants to pretend that an honest, courteous question about her legitimacy is "causing harm to the charity". That is ridiculous and just an excuse not to answer.

On August 1st, Melissa posted this on the site, " ...the Jackson estate attorneys DO NOT CURRENTLY OWN the charity and you all will find out why that is, when we can tell you.

I would tell you everything if it wouldn't harm the charity.

I have been putting out many fires and not had time to post answers to your questions, but I'm working on it."

If the Jackson Estate has nothing to do with this organization... and telling us why tehy don't would "harm the charity"... and Melissa has "not had time to post answers to your questions".... Oh, come on, people. How stupid does she think we are?

OK, since people sign up and give her money every day, pretty stupid, I guess.

Eventually, someone will take her and her false foundation to court because she is taking people's money by pretending to be Michael's original HTWF. Her PR person even rewrote the Wikipedia article to say they are Michael's original Foundation and to link to them. That is how I found the site. I really believed they were Michael's Heal the World Foundation. After joining, I found out that she had no proof of that at all.

Michael's original charity was incorporated in California as "Heal the World Foundation", not just "Heal the World". Go to http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/corpdata/Sh...umber=C1688875 to see Michael's original incorporation documents, filed by Barry Siegel, MJ's CPA and who was also named by Michael as the third Executor of his Estate.

Michael's HTWF was closed because for whatever reason, Barry Siegel resigned as Executor and let HTWF be suspended by the State of California. Failure to file required documents in 2002 led to eventual suspension of the corporation in 2004. Michael was fighting for his life at this time and the people he trusted to take care of this clearly let him down. He lost control of the legal names "Heal the World" and "Heal the World Foundation".

And along came Melissa in 2008. She bought the name of Michael's foundaton from the State of California--and put up a website and rewrote Wikipedia and here we are!

If Melissa had just said that she is a TRIBUTE organization, like Jermaine's Tribute 2009 concerts, that would have been great. But no, she had to pretend to be something she is not. Michael did NOT know this woman, as is clear from her own myspace post that I personally read before she blocked it (see my post from last week below).

It looks to me like she is an opportunist, claiming to do good works, but in fact she is just collecting money by using Michael Jackson's name, his domains that she bought, and his legal name of Heal the World Foundation that she bought in 2008 from the State of California.

Jane is RIGHT, Gaia. I'm sorry, but the facts on public record do not support any of Melissa's claims.

I will keep you posted here on this site as I learn more. Several people who are members at Melissa's HTWF write to me and they are waiting to see what happens. Most of them are very disillusioned, but don't know where else to go to do charity work with other fans.

Of course, Melissa & Co. have recently posted this on their homepage about their charity work: "Due to Mr. Jackson's unexpected death and the shear (sic) volume of people that we are not currently equipped to process, we will be putting our work on the initiatives on temporary hold for a short time... Our website will remain online and members are encouraged to continue to join and support us..." In other words, "We will not be doing ANY charity work now, but go ahead and send us money..."!

Sorry, but it's a scam. OK, a SCAM--in big capital letters. I am disgusted by the whole thing and I really do hope someone sues them quickly and puts a stop to this travesty.

Kate

Last edited:
Gaia, I don't think Jane's questions are "to bash the Heal the World Foundation" at all. These are VERY legitimate questions about any non-profit organization that is taking money from people every day.

I don't know of ANY 501 (c) 3 charity that does not have to make full public disclosure about their history, who they are, and what they do with the money they take.

Jane is actually completely correct about the current HTWF not being started by Michael Jackson. Melissa Johnson bought the name and domains of Heal the World/Heal the World Foundation after Michael's CPA and attorneys let them be suspended by the state of California.

Michael's original HTWF is defunct, it does not exist any more. This is very plain in the public records I published on this forum below.

Jane is also correct about the current HTWF banning fans for asking questions and about them deleting posts and blogs on their site that ask questions--I know this for a fact, because they deleted every one of my posts this weekend.

Melissa gave this as the reason "...we WILL remove any posts or even people who create an environment of disharmony or contention.

This is a place people come for a 'good' spirit and loving support. Including myself. This is NOT a democracy in our forums, we have control of the environment we create here and we will ban anyone who is causing harm to the charity."

"Causing harm" seems to be defined as anyone asking any questions at all about the legitimacy of this group. It is simply not permitted, and I have seen 5 or 6 people banned and all of their posts deleted--in the few weeks I was there.

These are very scary people who, as far as I can discover, are exploiting Michael Jackson's name and who are taking money from true, grieving fans under false pretense.

Several people have contacted me privately with concerns about this situation--they have given Melissa money and nothing is being done for charity by these people, so they are concerned. One is even talking about hiring a lawyer to find out the truth. If Michael did NOT endorse this organization--and I can find no proof that he ever did, and Melissa & Co. have shown no evidence and completely refuse to let any questions be asked, much less answer them--well, they have a great "get money for nothing" racket going on.

I have ZERO respect for people like this. They refuse to tell the truth--which is the same as telling a lie. The fans I saw asking questions were polite, concerned, and sincere. Melissa wants to pretend that an honest, courteous question about her legitimacy is "causing harm to the charity". That is ridiculous and just an excuse not to answer.

On August 1st, Melissa posted this on the site, " ...the Jackson estate attorneys DO NOT CURRENTLY OWN the charity and you all will find out why that is, when we can tell you.

I would tell you everything if it wouldn't harm the charity.

I have been putting out many fires and not had time to post answers to your questions, but I'm working on it."

If the Jackson Estate has nothing to do with this organization... and telling us why tehy don't would "harm the charity"... and Melissa has "not had time to post answers to your questions".... Oh, come on, people. How stupid does she think we are?

OK, since people sign up and give her money every day, pretty stupid, I guess.

Eventually, someone will take her and her false foundation to court because she is taking people's money by pretending to be Michael's original HTWF. Her PR person even rewrote the Wikipedia article to say they are Michael's original Foundation and to link to them. That is how I found the site. I really believed they were Michael's Heal the World Foundation. After joining, I found out that she had no proof of that at all.

Michael's original charity was incorporated in California as "Heal the World Foundation", not just "Heal the World". Go to http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/corpdata/Sh...umber=C1688875 to see Michael's original incorporation documents, filed by Barry Siegel, MJ's CPA and who was also named by Michael as the third Executor of his Estate.

Michael's HTWF was closed because for whatever reason, Barry Siegel resigned as Executor and let HTWF be suspended by the State of California. Failure to file required documents in 2002 led to eventual suspension of the corporation in 2004. Michael was fighting for his life at this time and the people he trusted to take care of this clearly let him down. He lost control of the legal names "Heal the World" and "Heal the World Foundation".

And along came Melissa in 2008. She bought the name of Michael's foundaton from the State of California--and put up a website and rewrote Wikipedia and here we are!

If Melissa had just said that she is a TRIBUTE organization, like Jermaine's Tribute 2009 concerts, that would have been great. But no, she had to pretend to be something she is not. Michael did NOT know this woman, as is clear from her own myspace post that I personally read before she blocked it (see my post from last week below).

It looks to me like she is an opportunist, claiming to do good works, but in fact she is just collecting money by using Michael Jackson's name, his domains that she bought, and his legal name of Heal the World Foundation that she bought in 2008 from the State of California.

Jane is RIGHT, Gaia. I'm sorry, but the facts on public record do not support any of Melissa's claims.

I will keep you posted here on this site as I learn more. Several people who are members at Melissa's HTWF write to me and they are waiting to see what happens. Most of them are very disillusioned, but don't know where else to go to do charity work with other fans.

Of course, Melissa & Co. have recently posted this on their homepage about their charity work: "Due to Mr. Jackson's unexpected death and the shear (sic) volume of people that we are not currently equipped to process, we will be putting our work on the initiatives on temporary hold for a short time... Our website will remain online and members are encouraged to continue to join and support us..." In other words, "We will not be doing ANY charity work now, but go ahead and send us money..."!

Sorry, but it's a scam. OK, a SCAM--in big capital letters. I am disgusted by the whole thing and I really do hope someone sues them quickly and puts a stop to this travesty.

Kate

I agree "bash" was the wrong word to use in hind site but at the time there were three topics on heal the world running on the first page with many many posts by this poster on this subject so it seemed OTT.

They lost the tax exempt certificate in 2004. They currently have a tax exempt certificate issued in January 2009. The reason why they do not have their charity accounts on site yet is probably because they don't have too yet as they only just got their tax exemption back. At some point they will have to disclose that at the end of the tax year.

It is on this link

http://www.healtheworld.us/members/htwf/adminpages/QAwithMelissaJohnso

Last edited:
I have seen that link and been all over their site. They did not get their tax exemption "back". They got a brand new approval as brand new entity with different owners and people involved.

This is not the same Heal the World Foundation. Michael Jackson is NOWHERE in this new organization, and never has been. The old entity is dead and gone and these are new people who bought Michael's domains and legal name and are trying to make it seem that they are associated with him.

I don't want to argue with anyone, but I have done enough research online, in public records and in court filings to know that this is a completely different organization. Melissa wants everyone to believe Michael was a part of it, but he never was.

Michael never met Melissa & Co. and there is no record where he ever publicly or privately endorsed their work. Apparently, his Estate and his family have nothing to do with these people.

Looks like false pretense to me.

If someone sues them and tells me about it, I'll post it here. The court case will be public record, and maybe we can learn something that way.

I have seen that link and been all over their site. They did not get their tax exemption "back". They got a brand new approval as brand new entity with different owners and people involved.

This is not the same Heal the World Foundation. Michael Jackson is NOWHERE in this new organization, and never has been. The old entity is dead and gone and these are new people who bought Michael's domains and legal name and are trying to make it seem that they are associated with him.

I don't want to argue with anyone, but I have done enough research online, in public records and in court filings to know that this is a completely different organization. Melissa wants everyone to believe Michael was a part of it, but he never was.

Michael never met Melissa & Co. and there is no record where he ever publicly or privately endorsed their work. Apparently, his Estate and his family have nothing to do with these people.

Looks like false pretense to me.

If someone sues them and tells me about it, I'll post it here. The court case will be public record, and maybe we can learn something that way.

Did you find in your research the information as to why the original HTWF closed? and the reasons for losing tax exemption in 2004? The reasons why Michael abandoned it and allowed HTWF to close? Michael's family didn't have anything to do with the original one either. This was Michael's project not his family's. MY gut feeling tells me MJ would not have abandoned this project unless there was a good reason. I'd like to know what that was. Michael didn't make anything public after the trials he didn't speak to the media.

These are questions I'd llike to know more about, to get a feel of what this is all about.

If it is true that Melissa just bought the domain name in 2008 and pretended MJ was the founder, it would have come out earlier, no one could get away with that, she didn't know MJ was going to die. It doesn't seem to be a very clever plan.

You might be right in which case it will be closed, but I don't see evidence yet that it is fraudulent. They do not legally have to disclose charity accounts at this stage of getting a tax excempt certificate which you said was illegal.

I also suspect that if he was linked to getting it going again after the concerts, as they say there could also be an agenda to get it closed like first time. C'est la vie.

Last edited:
Yes, it was closed because Barry Siegel, Michael's CPA of many years who actually filed the original Heal the World paperwork for Michael in 1991, or whomever was tasked to do it, failed to file the annual paperwork required by the State of California. It was suspended in 2002 and finally defunct in 2004.

This is from the California Secretary of State website: http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/corpdata/ShowAllList?QueryCorpNumber=C1688875

Corporation
HEAL THE WORLD FOUNDATION
Number: C1688875 Date Filed: 7/3/1991 Status: suspended
Jurisdiction: California
Address
PO BOX 6034
SHERMAN OAKS, CA 91413
Agent for Service of Process
BARRY SIEGEL
10345 W OLYMPIC BLVD
LOS ANGELES, CA 90064

Barry quit representing Michael somewhere along the way, for unknown reasons. He was clearly close to Michael at one point, as he was the third Executor of Michael's estate named in the Will. He was also close to Lisa Marie, and still manages for Elvis Presley Enterprises. Barry Siegel resigned as Executor of Michael's Will in 2003, leaving John Branca and John McClain, who are currently serving as Michael's Executors.

Here is a quote from an article written in published on Fox News website on February 18, 2002: "As far as can be determined, Jackson's Heal the World Foundation ceased operations some time ago. It's still listed with the IRS as a charity, but there's no information about it to be found.

In the United Kingdom it's officially closed. In this country, the last tax filing available for 1999 shows Jackson giving no money to other charities at all and receiving no donations from others. He ended the year with $114,000 in claimed assets, having spent $15,000 on clerical procedures. Jackson's personal accountant, Barry Siegel, wasn't even sure the charity still existed."

Here is the link; not a good article, but still it is information: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,45857,00.html

Michael's Heal the World Foundation was definitely was closed.

Here is a quote and link from the Park Lane website (he is on the advisory board there) with biographical info on Barry Siegel: http://www.prkln.com/advisory_board.html

'Barry J. Siegel
Executive Managing Director and Managing Partner
Provident Financial Management

On April 1, 1982, Barry Siegel was one of the founding partners of the business management firm of Siegel & Feldstein, with offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Nashville, Boston and Charlottesville. In the 1990’s the firm expanded and changed its name to Provident Financial Management. In February of 1997, Provident Financial Management was acquired by American Express and subsequently by RSM McGladrey.
Today, Provident is among the largest business management firms in the United States handling the financial affairs of individuals in the entertainment and sports industries.

Some of Mr. Siegel’s clients include Elvis Presley Enterprises, Priscilla and Lisa Marie Presley, Lionel Richie, Barbara Orbison and the Roy Orbison estate, Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons, Air Supply, Tom Collins Enterprises, Dashboard Confessional, and Mike Judge (writer/animator; creator of “King of the Hill” and “Beavis & Butthead”). Mr. Siegel is also an investor in two Broadway musicals (“Jersey Boys” and “Xanadu”) and sits on the Board of Governors of the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. He is also the Trustee of Elvis Presley Enterprises.

Barry Siegel attended Cal State Long Beach and Woodbury University with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration. He was a partner in the international CPA firm of Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman from March 1972 through March 1982.

Mr. Siegel is married, has four children and resides in Marina Del Rey, California."

Provident Financial Management is a RSM McGladrey, Inc. company: http://www.rsmmcgladrey.com/Wealth-Management/Provident-Financial-Management?itemid=806&mid=806

I put all of this in here so people can see for themselves that Barry Siegel is a real person who did work for Michael, and then quit. Basically, people ran through the millions of dollars Michael originally donated to his Heal the World Foundation, and then when he was under attack and did not have time or money to give to the charity, it died. Barry Siegel moved on.

That really is what happened. Michael's Heal the World Foundation is truly dead. Michael knew it, and he also moved on to work directly with legitimate charities worldwide.

Now, with a bequest of revenue from 20% of his Estate to charities of his choice (named in his Trust, I am certain), Michael continues to Heal the World from the grave!! I love that, as it certainly does accomplish his objectives beautifully.

Melissa Johnson buying the domain names and legal entity known as "Heal the World Foundation" in 2008 does not in ANY way mean that Michael Jackson had anything to do with her.

You could have bought the names. I could have. She was just planning to do this and when the domains became available, she bought as many as she could, and then incorporated in California where Michael did. She then filed for a NEW non-profit exempetion with the IRS, put up a website, rewrote Wikipedia, and claimed to be "the original" Heal the World Foundation. And now the donations are rolling in.

Nothing to do with Michael. Nothing.

If I am wrong--someone PLEASE prove it!!

Kate

Last edited:
One other point, Gaia. Melissa was pretended Michael was the founder while he was alive, and was questioned about it on this forum in December 2008; look on pages 2 and 3 of this thread.

She said the same secretive stuff then--when Michael was alive--that she says now with him dead. It would not have come out earlier that she was lying if she was hiding it! I believe she has been hiding the facts all along and collecting as much money from fans as she can.

Michael Jackson was not a stupid man, and he was not a liar. Also, he was the boss. He did not need Melissa or anyone else "protecting" him while he was alive. He cut his own business deals and managed his own affairs. His brilliance and talent created the greatest entertainment empire in history. He is widely recognized as one of the greatest humanitarians of our time. Michael did not need Melissa.

If Melissa's HTWF was important to him, he would have told his fans. NO QUESTION in my mind. Michael would have told his fans if he had started Heal the World Foundation again.

Melissa posted on her myspace page that she never met Michael--and said he was one of the people he most wanted to meet. Now she has blocked access to that page, but I read it there myself on August 5th--five days ago.

Sooner or later, the truth will come out. I am already convinced by public record and Melissa's own behavior and words that the "relaunched" Heal the World Foundation is a scam of the first water.

Kate

I can't see any posts by Melissa on page 2 or 3, is she using a user name. I don't give any money to charity anyway, I don't particularly trust any of them anyway on where they spend the money. Heal the World Foundation don't say you have to give money they advise people to get out there and volunteer or do something to help the world or earth which is a good way to honor MJ memory, that is what I do anyway.

Some info on status of HTWF on wikepedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heal_the_World_Foundation

It is possible it isn't what it seems in which case I don't really understand why go to those lengths but it is also possible that he was going to tell his fans at the concerts. Many say had he a message about love and healing the planet to deliver, his make up artist posted on her face book that it was about healing the planet, although curiously she has also deleted it now . but I cut and pasted it at the time. Lots of people delete stuff later around MJ.Also a fan posted a lovely message he gave her a few days ago on this forum about the concerts. I don't really know what to believe, but no one has to give money to heal the world, we can do our own bit to heal the world it doesn't have to involve giving money, even they say get out and do something. volunteer.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72213

Last edited:
Her user name is MJkid and she signs her posts "Melissa Johnson" or "Melissa".

Her posts are on pg. 2 and 3 of this thread from December 2008 where she says she "can't explain everything..." etc.

This is the same exact stuff she is STILL saying now that Michael is dead. Don't explain, delete posts and blogs with questions, collect the donations... sounds like a plan to me.

Kate

Wikipedia articles can be changed by anyone with "verifiable" information. OK, buying a corporation name (such as "Heal the World Foundation") from the California Secretary of State is "verifiable". Wikipedia editors can look it up, just like I did.

So then the site can be changed by Melissa & Co. to say whatever they want it to say.

I FOUND the fake HTWF through Wikipedia, for goodness' sake! This is why lies are so dangerous.

Time will tell, I agree.

Kate

OK, how fun is this? Wow. Melissa Johnson has EDITED her posts from December 2008 within the past 24 hours. She effectively DELETED her own posts!

All of this happened after I posted here earlier today to answer the comments by Gaia and referenced her 2008 posts. Gaia, did you tell her to check out this forum and fix her old posts?

Well, we all know everything Melissa ever wrote on this site is on the server here. Just like her post on myspace saying she had never met Michael Jackson is on their server.

Why on earth would she delete her own posts from last year? Oh. Could it be that what I have been saying is true?

Shame on you, Melissa. Just tell the truth.

Kate

OK, how fun is this? Wow. Melissa Johnson has EDITED her posts from December 2008 within the past 24 hours. She effectively DELETED her own posts!

All of this happened after I posted here earlier today to answer the comments by Gaia and referenced her 2008 posts. Gaia, did you tell her to check out this forum and fix her old posts?

Well, we all know everything Melissa ever wrote on this site is on the server here. Just like her post on myspace saying she had never met Michael Jackson is on their server.

Why on earth would she delete her own posts from last year? Oh. Could it be that what I have been saying is true? END QUOTE

I didn't get to read what was on them! as I asked in my last post if they were under a user name, I did have a quick look yesterday but was too busy looking for user name melissa and didn't have time. I see that now you have given me the user name that they have been edited ,What was in them? I didn't see anything relevant. I don't see why her having met or not met Michael is relevant, she says the charity was with his knowledge. We have no way of knowing whether that is true or not, does it matter. Is there any way to access the posts?

I agree anyone can write a wikepedia article which actually make the fact you found out that it was fake equally invalid. I don't know what to believe at this stage. I'm not going to comment any further on this topic because there is no point.

this is a CBS statement on the site. http://www.healtheworld.us/members/htwf/comm/READ/00002061/CBS-NEWS-STATEMENT.html

Hi all,

I promised that I would tell you FIRST, any information before the world knows. Soon, CBS will report some information I have given them about the charity.

This information is the First I've given to the media,
and despite your feelings of being uninformed, you
have always been my priority and will continue to be so, as that is how Michael wanted it. You all recieved the ONLY information my counsel would let me give out.

Some of you have been worried, skeptical and concerned about the validity of the charity and for good reason, with fake charities already claiming they are us, with every tom, john and harry trying to claim a bit of cash off a dead man's beauty, is enough to make you question your own mom.

I understand your concerns and I share them with you. To honor my word, as I will always try to do with all of you, below is the statement I made the CBS. BEFORE it airs.

CBS:statement: July 29 2009

Dear Laura,

This is Melissa Johnson and I did get
your messages. This is the first
chance I've had to respond so I do
apologize. My staff have been warned to
fend off the media for me, so I apologize if they
were unkind.

I haven't been taking media requests since
Mr. Jackson died for many reasons, but primarily
because I have been trying to protect the charity.

Also, because I was waiting on the autopsy report.

The Jackson family do not know what is happening with the Jackson estate and I've tried repeatedly to connect with them with vital information and get no response.

As far as the Jackson camp that controls his estate,
and his managers when he passed, in my opinion,
they either let Michael die out of greed
selfishness and willful negligence or they deliberately
conspired to 'help' him die and made it look like he overdosed.

Heal The World Foundation, the charity, was preserved completely with Jackson's management in the know and it is precisely the new management staff that we were protected from.

The Jackson management that reports to you now
is NOT his management staff of many years. They

recently replaced a crew of managers and those people had been working with us for years. His old managers knew Jackson was in danger and kept our work and the preservation of the charity from them to protect it.

OFF the record:

*&&^^&***deleted were

Jackson's management of many years. I delt only
with *&&^^% for most of them. (attachment off the record)

I held all the charity and its property safely
waiting for these 'bad' people to be removed
before our work would continue. Then he died.

On The record:

1. We did not expect Mr. Jackson to die and we
were not prepared to continue without Jackson.
We left the website up so the fans and family could
have hope and grieve and for the protection of the charity.

2. We have had hundreds of offers from major corporations and businesses all over the world to make millions of dollars in partnerships and our only actions have been to protect the property of the charity and console the fans and people who want to pay tribute in their own way.

3. We did not promote the charity before Mr. Jackson
died because it was expected he would participate to launch the initiatives. The charity was preserved for his participation.The work done in the charity without Jackson had been going on for years while he stood trial, but not 'officially' but in our own time, expense and all to preserve his humanitarian legacy for his return.

4. When he died, the site we were preparing
with Jackson's management knowledge,

was flooded with people grieving and eager to
help. We could not turn them away,
rather we asked them to wait and be patient
till we connect with the family.

5. The site was set up to receive donations and
was preparing for a launch with Mr. Jackson

( attached is the TOTAL amount we have accepted
via the site.) I think we received about 600.00 via
mail in donations also. (see attached reports)

6. We have done NO media interviews, accepted NO
large donations, made NO large agreements.
Our focus is fortifying the charity in case
the same people who let Michael die,
try to discredit us, so they can take
the charity property that was preserved
FROM them.

7. Our offices have been broken into
and our vehicles, not to take valuables,
but HTWF documents. Forgive us if we
wanted to wait for the autopsy reports
before we spoke out.

8. This charity is legit and is the ONLY
charity Jackson had anything to do
with when he died. We will prove it
when our attorneys give us the go
ahead. (we have years of proof)

9. What charity work have we done
in the month Jackson died? well,
protecting the charity is the only
thing we have time for and it

has been a very difficult time.

Although it is not enough I'm sure,
I hope this clears some things
up.

My best,

Melissa Johnson

Attachements
1. paypal website reports - the only portal we take donations right now. (other than check)
off the record: 2. jackson management: this is (&^ *&^^% partner, (jackson's managers)
2. Jackson's current attorney: mark harrison works for vennable and currently represents Jackson estate, how come he's my attorney for the charity and I have no connection to the Jacksons?

End statement:

To you all,

We will tell you all more as we are able, when the
charity is safe, when we know who or what caused
Michael's death and when we know who the 'good'
guys are and the 'bad' guys are, YOU will be the
first to know.

For legal reason's we cannot share much more, but I will say that when the smoke clears, HTWF will stand and only those that seek to do right by his humanitarian legacy, will have all we have.

Like you all are worried about us, we too are worried about those that 'say' they represent Mr.
Jackson and don't do as he would do.

One of my favorite quotes:

"Don't tell me what you believe, tell me what you DO and I'll tell you what you believe"

Give us time and you will see our FRUIT, our 'work'
will tell you who we are and who has the very important task of preserving Michael's humanitarian
legacy.

We will not let Michael down, nor will we let YOU
down.

Sincerely,

Melissa Johnson

Last edited:
It's filled with accusations, non verifiable claims, innuendo's and complete vagueness. And they filed in court:
The Heal the World Foundation has filed court documents asking for the right to use the Michael Jackson trademark.

NEED I SAY MORE?

I posted before too about the resurrected foundation. And I will repeat: if this is legit... then why all the mystery about everything? Why no legal status? And why do they have a website that says has all the answers... but first you must become a member?

You don't have to pay to be a member , I joined up a few days after MJ passed, I didn't pay anything,for basic membership if you pay you get donor membership or something like that I didn't look. Ihad to join to be member of this one too. I didn't pay

Not saying that it is legit, in that whether Michael was linked or not, I don't know, I agree that if that isn't true then that is misleading.

Last edited:
I agree that there is nothing of substance in Melissa's CBS News statement... just more of the same non-answers and disinformation.

The court filing was news to me--and you are so right. There is nothing else to say, really. If they have to go to court to try to get permission to use Michael Jackson's name and trademark... clearly, he had nothing to do with these people while he was alive, as they have claimed.

Where did you see the court info, Hoofmark? If you have a link about this, please post it.

As for what was in Melissa's posts, I'm sure the originals are still on the MJJCommunity server somewhere. She cannot delete that.

The posts contained the same sort of accusations, claims and vagueness noted earlier about the CBS statement, and that seem to characterize all of her writings.

Kate

OK, breaking US news:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/11/cbsnews_investigates/main5234202.shtml

This report by CBS News was published today. It really does say it all, and I quote, "The Michael Jackson estate has no connection whatsoever to the "Heal the World Foundation” run by Melissa Johnson," said Terry Fahn, a spokesperson for John Branca, the special administrator of the Jackson estate.

Rest In Peace, Michael. I am so sick of people scamming other people in your name.

Heal The World, people! We are the world, and it is up to us to make that change!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, MJJCommunity, for being a safe, sane place to ask questions.

Kate

OK, breaking US news:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/11/cbsnews_investigates/main5234202.shtml

This report by CBS News was published today. It really does say it all, and I quote, "The Michael Jackson estate has no connection whatsoever to the "Heal the World Foundation” run by Melissa Johnson," said Terry Fahn, a spokesperson for John Branca, the special administrator of the Jackson estate.

Rest In Peace, Michael. I am so sick of people scamming other people in your name.

Heal The World, people! We are the world, and it is up to us to make that change!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, MJJCommunity, for being a safe, sane place to ask questions.

Kate

Thanks for posting the cbs news link, Kate! That clears things up.

Hi Everyone,

I am posting this on several threads, not to irritate anyone by overposting, but because I don't want to leave anyone out:

I've been busy this week and just got back to this thread. You guys are definitely right that there should be some sort of investigation and/or legal action about what Melissa is doing. I would certainly sign a petition calling for this.

Here is some really good news: go to www.uncivilsociety.org and see where Jeff Trexler has put out the Welcome mat for MJ fans who have been disillusioned by Melissa & Co.'s scam HTWF. This is not a fan site, but it is a great site to learn a lot about non-profits and charity work--how to effectively carry out Michael's vision to heal the world, in other words.

I have posted there asking people to post their ideas of what we should be working on now, and once we get some feedback, we plan to go on to the next step. The goal is to DO IT--heal the world--and we don't need a fake charity to do that.

Also, anyone banned from Melissa's HTWF is very welcome at www.uncivilsociety.org. See you there!

Kate

I guess you can add one more to the list of people banned from Heal The World.

I made a post about a week ago presenting the CBS article in the HTW forums and brought to mind that as of right now, there are no legal ties between Heal The World and Michael Jackson and if the administrators could please take down any information stating that Michael has anything to do with the "new" charity. This started a discussion with myself and other fans about whether this is the HTW that Michael started -- which is no -- and whether or not it matters if Michael's linked to the charity or not. It was a good discussion until Melissa Johnson came in and made a comment telling us to (again) be patient with all the legal stuff going on right now and then proceeded to call the people questioning the charity "Nancy Grace's" which, in my opinion, is pretty low seeing as how Nancy Grace is a spawn of the devil but that's beside the point. After her comment, the post "mysteriously" disappears and myself along with other members were banned.

Thankfully I was smart enough to take screen caps of the post in case this should happen.

If you would like to read the post, click here: http://s645.photobucket.com/albums/uu174/HTWscreencaps/

For some reason when I uploaded the caps, they shrunk. You might need to save them to read them better and then delete them when you're done.

I have to say though...after reading comments that users are having of Melissa Johnson and HTW, it makes me feel better knowing that what I've been assuming has been dead on. I feel like, once again, HTW is in the wrong hands and Michael's image is being used for the gain of others. I'm also very worried at the fact that Melissa and HTW have been having "legal problems" since 2008. Will they still be having "legal problems" in 2010? I don't know, but I've been spreading the word amongst fan sites of how this foundation is being run.

I don't need to be a part of HTW to spread Michael's message. Especially if they are turning fans away like they are.

This is all so very sad and I hope one day Heal The World will be in the right hands.

: /

Btw high fives to all the banned members that are here. We need to create a club or something. LOL! ;D

Starlet, read the updated Wikipedia article on Heal The World Foundation. It makes it clear that Michael never had anything to do with Melissa & Co.

NOW--go to www.uncivilsociety.org. Quite a few of the "banned" members of the fake HTWF are there. It's Jeff Trexler's blog, but he has said we are all welcome while we figure out how we want to do what we want to do.

laurenlovesmj was just banned also, but posted a great answer to the question we are answering on the site now.

Here is the Question: "I would like to ask everyone who comes here (www.uncivilsociety.org) to post what you think the most valuable type of work for us to sponsor with both our time and money would be: donate to children's charities, orphanages, children's hospitals, AIDS victims, educational charities, providing help to homeless children--what?"

Lauren's Answer: "Well, I think that is enough about HTWF. I want to answer Kate's question about the most valuable type of work for us to sponsor in the beginning. I think it should be something simple but hopefully effective, such a scholarship in Michael's name at Oxford, where he gave that amazing speech about parents and children in 2001. I don't know anyone at Oxford, but surely someone does. I did look up tuition costs, and although the Oxford website is pretty vague about costs for US Students, I searched around and found several sources that say a year at Oxford for a US person costs between $30,000 to $40,000--about what a good private university here costs. For UK/EU students, a year is much less--about $7,500 to $10,000.

I think a good goal would be to raise $40,000. If a US person is awarded the scholarship, it will only pay for one year, but if a UK/EU student is awarded the scholarship, it could pay for most of their undergraduate degree.

How to win the scholarship? I think there would have to be a knowledgeable review panel set up--maybe Jeff can help us with that since he is in academics. My idea--and I am sure there are better ones--would be to have an ongoing research effort into Michael's humanitarian and philanthropic work... basically a history of what he actually did to help people and the planet. The research would have to conform to rigorous academic standards, and all the papers written would become part of the body of work, whether the winning dissertation or not.

Anyway, $40,000 a year does not seem like an unattainable amount of money to raise, and it would result in some FACTS about Michael Jackson's life, something that has been in short supply.

Eventually, we could endow a professorship somewhere... I don't know. I just know that I want to see people know the truth about all the good he did, and I want young people to study and learn about what it means to do good with your life.

Anyway, that's my idea."

I think she has a great idea. You are welcome to join us.

Yes, there are people out there who are exploiting Michael's name for money.

Forget it and forget them. We have work to do.

Kate

Hi Kate, can you link me to where this discussion is? I can't seem to find it on the site.

Thanks! :)

Hi Navi,

Here is what I learned from PayPal automated chat:

"Guest
I have set up a monthly payment to a charity and I want to cancel that. How do I do that?

Sarah - PayPal
Do you want to know, can I cancel my subscription?

Yes

Sarah - PayPal
Canceling a subscription cancels all future scheduled payments of that subscription. A subscription can be canceled up to the day of the next scheduled payment.

Click the My Account tab.

Click the History subtab.

Click More filters, select Subscriptions and agreements, and then click Subscriptions.

Change the date back to the year the subscription was created, and then click Show.
Click Details next to the subscription.

Click Cancel Subscription."

If this does not do it, go to this PayPal link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/helpscr?cmd=_help&t=escalateTab

This gives you access to their automated chat so you can ask more questions. If all else fails, CALL PayPal:

PayPal Customer Service:
1-402-935-2050
(a U.S. telephone number)

4:00 AM PST to 10:00 PM PST Monday through Friday
6:00 AM PST to 8:00 PM PST Saturday and Sunday

Hope this helps, Navi! Pass it on to anyone else trying to cancel their donations.

Kate

Back