Help Haiti - International Donation Information HERE!

Re: Help Haiti

hey ur from iceland..my stepmother and sister are from there! not sure of an international number but you can try redcross :) ill look for some stuff tho

Thank you.. I will check the Red Cross here..

cool :) Where in Iceland are they from?

no you dont call...send a text message to that number and you will get a text message back asking you to confirm your donation :)

I'm sorry I'm still confused. So when I donate, will they want a credit card? Or will the $10 automatically go to Red Cross? I read somewhere that it will be charged on the bill, so won't my cellphone company get the extra money? I don't even send text messages so that's one reason I'm confused too.

I'm keeping the people in my prayers and thoughts and feel encouraged by the fact that when disasters like this happen the world pulls together and unites to help. God bless them.

Thank you guys for the info!!! :( Is just so sad :cry: Plase keep helping!!!

All I know how to do on my phone is call people. When I had my phone transferred from another company to my present cellphone company, all the numbers were added on. I don't know how to add that number on and then to text. Isn't there another way I can give to Red Cross. This is so frustrating. I want to help and can't. :( :(

Re: The Daily News Jan 13 - Our thoughts and prayers goes out to the people of Haiti

Yes, keeping Haiti in my prayers and everyone from all over the world that will be working together to help them. May everyone remain strong, so all can pull through.

.......................Same here,its terrible whats happening there:no::(
So amazing to see the threads and L.O.V.E here:D:wub:

Oh BTW,why not merge them all in one and post that one Thread as a' sticky on all the forums?:D:yes:

Re: The Daily News Jan 13 - Our thoughts and prayers goes out to the people of Haiti

This is probably the worst natural disaster that's happened in the western hemisphere. I hope the threads will be merged here in the main forum? Thanks.

Ok I did it but I have to confirm. HOw do I do that. The light on my phone doesn't show enough for me to see the whole message

My prayers & thoughts are with the ppl from haiti

I can only shake my head and grieve for all those who are suffering right now from the earthquake which hit Haiti. I can't imagine the hurt and the pain so many are feeling right now. I hope the world prays for Haiti and this devastation.

Thoughts and prayers to the Haiti victims & the desperate families waiting to hear word on the fate of their loved ones.

Donate money--it's the most important thing we can do right now. Even a small amount will help...Be sure to donate to a reputable charity, and not to some unsolicited email.

If you go to www.cnn.com and link to the Earthquake page there's a list of charities that are all reputable--Red Cross, Catholic Charities, etc. CNN reports that $1.7 million was donated overnight in the US, but more is needed. Much more.

I donated money by clicking on the link to the charity's web page and it was easy.

damm this shit is fucked up. i'm sorry and i'm Haitian american and this is to sad. i know if mike was here he have a tribute song made in no time. this makes me sad to see this. i cant speak

Thank you ForeverTheKing from the bottom of my heart for this thread. Lemme give you a warm hug from France. I'm haitian ( but ive never been there). I do not have any family member over there. I'll see how i can donate some money, with all the haitian ppl living in France, ill surely find a way to help.

Last edited:

To find ways to help, please visit WWW.CNN.COM/IMPACT
Text Haiti to 90999 on your cellphone for a $10.00 donation that will go to Red Cross to help the people of Haiti. I feel so heartbroken but I can't even imagine what the people in Haiti are feeling right now. Please DONATE!!! Please keep bumping this thread up.

The scenes on the News are heart breaking. I pray for a miracle of love to heal this country and its people.

I'm just thinking, I wonder if we, as a community, can do something. Maybe Gary could set up a paypal account for donations. We could come up with a goal amount, say $5000, for example, and we all just donate until we raise enough funds to reach the goal. We could vote on which charity to give the funds to, or we could divide the amount among all the charities. I think it would help unify us. It would be amazing if we could all work together in an effort to help other people. We could take it beyond this aswell. What do you think?

Whatever you do, please make sure the donations go directly toward the charities who can actually help - and not the 'made up ones' that appear right after a disaster. :no:

Haitian Earthquake Relief Fraud Alert
The FBI today reminds Internet users who receive appeals to donate money in the aftermath of Tuesday’s earthquake in Haiti to apply a critical eye and do their due diligence before responding to those requests. Past tragedies and natural disasters have prompted individuals with criminal intent to solicit contributions purportedly for a charitable organization and/or a good cause.

Therefore, before making a donation of any kind, consumers should adhere to certain guidelines, to include the following:​

• Do not respond to any unsolicited (spam) incoming e-mails, including clicking links contained within those messages.
  • Be skeptical of individuals representing themselves as surviving victims or officials asking for donations via e-mail or social networking sites.
  • Verify the legitimacy of nonprofit organizations by utilizing various Internet-based resources that may assist in confirming the group’s existence and its nonprofit status rather than following a purported link to the site.
  • Be cautious of e-mails that claim to show pictures of the disaster areas in attached files because the files may contain viruses. Only open attachments from known senders.
  • Make contributions directly to known organizations rather than relying on others to make the donation on your behalf to ensure contributions are received and used for intended purposes.
  • Do not give your personal or financial information to anyone who solicits contributions: Providing such information may compromise your identity and make you vulnerable to identity theft.
Anyone who has received an e-mail referencing the above information or anyone who may have been a victim of this or a similar incident should notify the IC3 via www.ic3.gov.
http://www.fbi.gov/pressrel/pressrel10/earthquake011310.htm

With the Earthquake Happening in Haiti, I had this thought about Michael and honoring him

Hello everyone,

OK so last night I was watching CNN with my husband and Anderson Cooper had Wyclef Jean (he is from Haiti) on there talking about the disastrous earthquake that has happened in Haiti. Once it went to commercial I said to my husband that I bet Wyclef gets a concert together to help the people of Haiti...

Then this thought hit me and it made me sad....

Right now Michael would be at the tail end of his concerts in London. You gotta know that going forward he would have donated a portion of the proceeds from the remaining concerts to help aid the people of Haiti....

This is the first major disaster since he died.....and now is the time that we are gonna see it hit home...

No Michael to write a song to raise money for aid

No Michael to get other singers together to sing that song for aid

But what there is now everyone is us...

Now is the time to take everything Michael talked, everything Michael sang ,everything Michael ever taught us about helping out those less fortunate than we are, now is the time for us, his fans to step up in his place and do our part here.

Now is the time to help carry on his legacy of helping those that are in peril as the people in Haiti are.

Michael is gone, but we are still here. This is what we must do for him. When a disaster like this happens, and we think wow I bet Michael would have done something to help out here, have your next thought be how can I help in his name.

40% of the POPULATION of Haiti are children under the age of 14......

Not that he would not have been all over this trying to help anyway he could, but once I heard that about how many children there are there, I knew I had to say this tonight...

Here are some ways you can help....

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/01/13/haiti.earthquake.how.to.help/index.html

Whatever we can do to help is good enough. No amount is too little....

Let's do this in Michael's name...

Let's let the world know that while he may be gone, his message of helping people that are in desperate need still lives on and always will

Re: With the Earthquake Happening in Haiti, I had this thought about Michael and honoring him

Well said Mugsy, couldn't have said it better than myself.

:angel:prayers and thoughts go out to those in Haiti. SO devastating.:(

If there are any Icelanders here.. the numer to donate to the Red cross for Haiti is 904-1500!

Keep helping Haiti!!

God bless them :(

I'm just thinking, I wonder if we, as a community, can do something. Maybe Gary could set up a paypal account for donations. We could come up with a goal amount, say $5000, for example, and we all just donate until we raise enough funds to reach the goal. We could vote on which charity to give the funds to, or we could divide the amount among all the charities. I think it would help unify us. It would be amazing if we could all work together in an effort to help other people. We could take it beyond this aswell. What do you think?

..................Great plan!:D:wub:

Guys,

Here is another opportunity to help - instantly:

https://secure.globalproblems-global...t7f1tt3.app28b

Because thousands of UN staff are already on the ground in Haiti, your donation will get to work ASAP.

And please if you hear of other ways to donate please update in this thread...if there is a drop off point for food, clothes, water, etc in your area please post it up...we have to help each other please...make Michael proud and find it in your heart to help!

This thread should not be falling to the bottom of the list :( I'd give anything to be down there helping to pull people from the rubble right now...

Re: With the Earthquake Happening in Haiti, I had this thought about Michael and honoring him

It actually made me cry listening to the news yesterday. All I can think is if Michael was here he would of been one of the first people to help..

I donated through Catholic Relief Services. Whatever you can do, please do it. These people need all the help they can get. If you have $5 to spare, please donate! Every dollar will make a difference! I feel so sad because not only Haiti is one of the poorest and smallest countries in America, now it is also damaged by mother nature...

Hey guys! Thanks for opening ur hearts for the cause! I'm up early trying to set up a drop off site for my area for wyclef's organization...we did great yesterday but Haiti still needs our help and support! If u haven't done so yet please Help Haiti by sending in ur donation...every little bit helps guys

Back