Hip Hop / Rap

From Wiki:

"C.R.E.A.M." achieved lukewarm commercial success, peaking at number 60 on the US Billboard Hot 100 in 1994. The song received universal praise from music critics, many of whom described it as one of the best songs on Enter the Wu-Tang. Since its release, the song has been called one of the greatest hip-hop songs of all time, with some who even described it as one of the greatest songs of all time. It has since been sampled by numerous artists and was certified Gold in the United States in 2009."
(emphasis added)

YES we found one . haha exactly , i mean the realness of the lyrics and it is so true . i loved this one.
[When method man had a toothbrush in that gob, just had it in his mouth - that was funny too]
i loved this video ...but the flow and lyrical content was so good.

YES we found one
yeah, my brain was melting and I was also thinking, 'oh, wend finally found one I like, lol' Pretty sure I don't know this one. It felt new to me. I was pulling away from music by the mid-90's. Most of the rap and hip hop I heard was 70's and 80's.

. haha exactly , i mean the realness of the lyrics and it is so true . i loved this one.
[When method man had a toothbrush in that gob,
SUCH a moment! :D

just had it in his mouth - that was funny too]
i loved this video ...but the flow and lyrical content was so good.
The whole shebang. Perfect. Just freakin' perfect. It's still in my head, now. I need to sit with this one.

From Wiki:

"C.R.E.A.M." achieved lukewarm commercial success, peaking at number 60 on the US Billboard Hot 100 in 1994. The song received universal praise from music critics, many of whom described it as one of the best songs on Enter the Wu-Tang. Since its release, the song has been called one of the greatest hip-hop songs of all time, with some who even described it as one of the greatest songs of all time. It has since been sampled by numerous artists and was certified Gold in the United States in 2009."
(emphasis added)
because most individuals can relate to what's being said that's why, i would have thought. That's a nice bit of info there thanks zin 🤍
I'll have to leave this one for now, babe.

I doubt you'd like that one actually queen,Not sure how you are with |Naughty By Nature - RR. is like Naughty's prodigy or something - [ Like warren G was with snoop dog's etc]
I need to gather my thoughts and process C.R.E.A.M.

I may be some time!
I am glad we found a new thing for ya queen !

yeah, my brain was melting and I was also thinking, 'oh, wend finally found one I like, lol'
:love:
Pretty sure I don't know this one. It felt new to me. I was pulling away from music by the mid-90's.
This is where my knowledge stops because Well gangsta rap didn't last that long , So i can only go by what i remember and what i felt. :(
Eazy died and Bone thugz went quite big ....pac died and it went commercial , it died with Pac, according to me. and i didn't rate him that much -Pac was only just another rapper , nothing special 2 me . I never got Biggie Smalls , i was more into Redman by then , because redman was teaming up with method man which was the ...only thing i had left of Wu. Commericalised hip hop was kind of getting played ........I guess outkast kind of lasted but got very commercial . all of my other rap acts died a harsh sudden death .if im being brutal about it .
Nas remained but i didnt like You can hate me now.
Outkast ..went huge with Mrs Jackson and that didn't float my boat .. blah..no.
This was on alot ,
it kind of travelled into ..rnb ..TLC , Donelle Jones
. mid 90s ... 1995.etc Big Pun was okay but everyone was collaborating with rnb singers pretty much .. and um so many veins from that , and it was never ever the same. we had a good maybe 5 year run.
Most of the rap and hip hop I heard was 70's and 80's.
yeah! GrandMaster Flash, and The Sugar Hill Gang rulez
SUCH a moment! :D
original lil character he had
The whole shebang. Perfect. Just freakin' perfect. It's still in my head, now. I need to sit with this one.
Right / give it some time i'm so stoked that you are impressed with it. 💓

@wendijane - kinda obvious, I guess, including Eminem but I did say I'm very mainstream, lol.

Eminem / The Monster ft. Rihanna

4m 12s

Last edited:
Eminem / Survival
ft. Liz Rodrigues - for some reason she wasn't credited on the record but she makes the damn song so she gets a credit here!

4m 31s

Kool Moe Dee, MTV VMA's, 2015.

Interesting to hear him making a distinction between MC's, rappers and artists.

2m 31s

Last edited:
Changing the pace.

Tech N9ne "Worldwide Choppers" ft. Busta Rhymes, Yelawolf, Twisted Insane, Ceza, JL, Twista, U$O & D-Loc - 2011

5m 29s

Steady B / Funky Drummer - 1987, from the album "What's My Name"

"And for all you people out there who ain't
down with hip hop: just shut up and like it!"

3m 54s

Stetsasonic - some of the lyrics to Talkin' All That Jazz

"Well here's how it started
Heard you on the radio
Talkin' 'bout rap

Sayin' all that crap about how we sample

Givin' examples
Think we'll let you get away with that?