How great did Michael look in This Is It?

In TII Michael looked the best he's looked since 1999! It is amazing what a new hairdo can do to change your looks. I always loved Michael in curls ala BAD era, and in TII he went back to it and looked great! I never liked that straight hair that covered a lot of his face, did not suit him at all. He was a bit thin during TII but not bad. His face was full and not sunken in and even his nose seemed fuller too. Anyway, he looked beautiful!

MIST;3566760 said:
We can´t compare HIStory tour with This is it,Michael was more than 10 years older and he hadn´t done concerts for a long time.
You are less energetic when you get older and need more time to get in shape.

One more reason for him to have more body fat. As we grow older, our metabolism works slower, hence using less energy and for this reason we tend to put on weight more easily. And the fact he didn't perform for more than years, it's also another reason for him not to be so skinny, as he was not exercising too often.

It´s common you put on weight when you get older and don´t exercise but that´s not for everyone.
Many are skinny all their lifes although they eat a lot.
In the pictures I´ve seen of Michael during his last years he was skinny.

For me...Michael allways looked beautiful. He was skinny before, yes...but he was little too skinny for TII and 50 shows.
I can"t honestly say that much from those small footage they showed us in the movie. But he looked tired.

MIST;3567499 said:
It´s common you put on weight when you get older and don´t exercise but that´s not for everyone.
Many are skinny all their lifes although they eat a lot.
In the pictures I´ve seen of Michael during his last years he was skinny.

Exactly MIST and also some people when are under lot of stress loose weigh. In my case, no matter how much I eat I don't weight more than 91 pounds, in the stressful times I weight 88 or 89 pounds. Now imagine a professional dancer preparing the biggest comeback concert ever, we already know how perfectionist he is, obviously all those things create stress want it or not an also we already knew Michael could loose 4 pounds per show, I guess it applies to rehearsals as well.

Michael was skinny in This Is It but he was still healthy. Yes 136 pounds is thinner than most but it still falls within a normal BMI range. The guy who did Michael's autopsy said that Michael has healthier than the average person his age.

and Michael was not at his thinnest during This Is It anyway. He was far more thinner in the 80's.

1222s.png

Notice that his legs are thicker in This Is It than what they are in Thriller

Last edited:
^ no, in History era he was ''fatter'' or no so thin as TII.

As far as looks go, I like the way he looked in the gold pants. But, no matter what, he was beautiful.

ThisisItrehearsals2009LeftHistorytour1997Right.jpg

In TII Michael looked the best he's looked since 1999! It is amazing what a new hairdo can do to change your looks. I always loved Michael in curls ala BAD era, and in TII he went back to it and looked great! I never liked that straight hair that covered a lot of his face, did not suit him at all. He was a bit thin during TII but not bad. His face was full and not sunken in and even his nose seemed fuller too. Anyway, he looked beautiful!

I complety agree with you. Also when i see MJ with that straight hair i'm reminded of the dark time that MJ went through with the 2005 trial but when i see him with curls i'm reminded of MJ being on stage and entertaining. Maybe that's why i'm not a huge fan of his staright hair because it reminds me of a horrible time in MJ's life

We know he didn´t find the magic until the last rehearsals and there are moments in This is it where he hadn´t found IT.He wasn´t the performer we were used to see then.
But he still was a great performer.

I think Judge Pastor and murrays defenceteam are so lucky to have seen more footage from This is it.

This is It is actually on tv this weekend for the first time where I live. I watched last night and it still hurts to watch. Some parts made me smile like Michael on the cherry picker or when he says he is "sizzling" before smooth criminal and he would feel the image on the screen behind him. Whenever he smiled and laughed too. Earth Song just kills me because that was the last song he ever sang or rehearsed. Some parts are just so hard. I don't know how else to explain it.

He looked healthier and stronger when rehearsals started. I think he looked tired as it went on but he wasn't getting the proper care he needed. We all know that. Michael still had it. Performance wise he was getting stronger towards the end. That's how it felt to me. It was all coming together and it makes so sad that he never got to do the shows. Not even just one. It would have been a great show.

He looked good but he had so sad eyes. Since the trial from 2003-2005 he lost his special shine in his eyes. He looked very stressed and tired and his body was a little to thin.

He if he had had the opportunity of performing at least one show of This is It tour, it would have been great. Unfortunately he didn't.

I think he looked simply beautiful..like always. I love you, Michael.

tumblrlrl152bhht1qieu4k.jpg

296doiq.jpg

He wasn't always thin. During the Dangerous and History tours he wasn't so thin. He looked fuller. See his legs.

Then again, that was - as far as I can tell - the only eras in which he looked this full. Even so, after July of 1997 Michael got a lot thinner. Just compare any HIStory-show from 1996 with the one in Copenhagen. In addition, his legs were just as thin in the 80's as they were in This Is It. Just watch Thriller, where his clothes emphasizes his thin (but still quite healthy) body. I think Michael looked fine in This It It.

Last edited:
To me his thinness did not make him look unhealthy, since i saw him just as thin during Thriller and Victory. What I saw was that he seemed tired after Ghost. I attributed this to Muarry's treatment or maybe he had a treatment at Kliens for a procedure, which made him sleepy. Another thing is that I went to see TII to enjoy Michael, and was not looking at his thinness at that time.

He looked well, but very thin. When I went to see it, I remember my mom saying "he needs to eat a damn sandwich." And I had to agree. I'm not saying he was ugly, that man could NEVER be ugly. He just wasn't at his best.

I thought he looked fantastic!

Yeah, sure, thin blah, blah....but you try looking that GOOD at 50.

Michael looked well. Yes, he was thin but he still had energy to do what he loved doing all his life! Oh, and I also noticed he looked tired and I don't blame him, you can get tired when you're a hard worker. But I'll just say this: Michael was happy singing all his songs again and he never lost that magic.

He looked good but he had so sad eyes. Since the trial from 2003-2005 he lost his special shine in his eyes. He looked very stressed and tired and his body was a little to thin.

Maybe he was tired and thin but he never lost that special look in those amazing eyes only that he probably saved it only for the most special people in his life, the ones he deeply and truly loved. :heart:

Michael was rehearsing for hours a day so of course he's gonna get tired. Anybody would doing what he does.

It's not like he showed up at rehearsals, rehearsed one song a day and then went home

How many hour did he rehears daily? 8?
It'd be so illogical if he wouldn't look tired but I haven't seen any other man looking as gorgeous at 50 as Michael! :nono: :wub:

Back