How many languages do you speak?

Mostly English, I knew a little of French and I'm trying Japanese.

Well my native language is American English. The only other language I can speak fluently is British English. Which I had learn from watching a lot of British shows over the years. I can also fluently read Roman Numerals. Which is quite easy to learn how to read them. These are the following languages I can speak a little bit of.

French
German
Pennsylvanian German
Urdu
Hindi
Italian
Japanese
Chinese
Polish
Russian
Ukrainian
Hebrew
Irish and Scottish Gaelic
Swahili
Icelandic
Greek
Latin
Hawaiian
Portuguese
and Spanish

As for Spanish I can speak and understand that language almost quite well. I know how to speak these languages from what I had read and heard on tv over the years. Hindi and Urdu are the languages I really want to speak fluently. And I am really trying to by watching Bollywood movies.

I only speak English. I speak a little Spanish, but I'm trying to learn more. I would LOVE to be able to speak Spanish fluently. I also want to learn French and Japanese.

My native language is Dutch, and I also speak English and German fluently. I learnt French for 6 years in secondary school and was once able to speak it fluently as well, but I haven't used it at all in over a year so it's kinda fading away.. I can still understand about 80% of it when it's written though, and about 50% of it when it's spoken. It's easier to translate French to Dutch than Dutch to French imo. But it's crazy how quickly linguistic knowledge fades away, you really have to keep up with it constantly in order to 'save' it. A little over a year ago I was able to read Candide by Voltaire in French without any problems (school assignment ;)), I still have the book so I tried it again a week ago and I found myself struggling to understand certain words at times. It's sad :( I'm planning to take a French course soon though, I heard that a lot of this "hidden knowledge" comes back very quickly once you start really practicing it again... I hope so :)

I speak English and Danish. But Danish mostly.. because it's what I speak everyday..
Beside of it... Kurdish and French but only little bit... I understand Kurdish mostly but I can't speak it so much...

Besides my native Lithuanian language i can speak English and Russian. I know a bit of French, Spanish, Italian, German and Arabic. I'm gonna to refresh my French language and also I would like to learn Japanese :D.

Last edited:
Next to Dutch I can speak English. When I was younger I also was able to speak German (well the basics that is) but over the years I lost that because I never had it in school. Now I'm trying to learn Japanese:yes:

I can speak german (native) and english...
I'd like to learn french, japanese, spanish and italian but I just don't have the time and my english is far from being perfect, although I can understand 99% of everything and compared to other germans I'm quite decent at english, lol.

I wish I had taken the chance to learn french in school a few years ago, but I didn't. That was a horrible mistake... :no:

Finnish and English.
I understand swedish somewhat and can speak it too a bit but I'm far from good.
I've studied spanish and german but I'd like to begin to study them again. I took only two courses of both in HS.

Russian and English. I used to study German but I haven't had practice speaking it for several years so I can't speak it fluently anymore.

I speak English fluently, little bit of Spanish, German and native language, Albanian.

I speek my native Dialect (which is no written language), German, English, French, a bit of Italian and a bit of Russian.

Russian and English. I used to study German but I haven't had practice speaking it for several years so I can't speak it fluently anymore.
Hey. We should meet :) . I need practise in Russian and could help you with German :hug: .

I can speak French (mother tongue) and English. Since i am Haitian i understand Haitian Creole but cannot speak it haha. I could but my accent sucks so bad i do not even bother trying. I'd like to learn Arabic one day but i have been told i should not even bother trying as it is very difficult haha. :)

Latvian - my native language
English
Russian - still learning

I'm fluent in my primary language which is English (even though I don't have an English accent) and I can also speak Polish.

I speak just English..thats all...nothing to complicated about me...:D

Romanian (my native language), English fluently, and I used to also speak fluently in French and Spanish, learned in primary school, but I can't find the time to pick them up again, I must tho... Very very basic Italian (more than scarcely taught to us at the uni..), and used to be able to form a few sentences in Latin as well, taught in the highschool, and can understand Portuguese, and a bit of German, and can read some Russian. ..I'm in love with foreign languages, unfortunately, I mostly read and speak in my mother tongue and English and can't find more time for the rest, nor do I have people to speak these other languages with in person.. but I'd pick them up fast if I'd do it regularly.

Russian (my native language), English fluently (at least I hope so after living in Canada for that many years), very limited Hebrew.

My native tongue is Spanish, but I obviously speak English fluently. I also speak German semi-fluently, and am learning French, Russian, and some Japanese.

4 fluent (English, Arabic, Persian, Kurdish), one conversational(?) and that's French.

Picking up Spanish too.

Just English and Jacksonese. {I think we all speak Jacksonese fluently ;))

I speak English which is my native tongue and I'm semi-fluent in French as I started learning it from an early age. I am currently learning Urdu as my boyfriend's mother doesn't speak much English so communicating with her can be difficult. I am finding Urdu a lot harder to learn than French, not sure whether it's just a harder language in general or if I just picked up French easily because I started learning it so young.

Dutch, English, German and Spanish are fluent, más o menos. French I learned for six years and I understand it well, but somehow eversince I studied Spanish there's no room for French in my brain, so I can hardly speak it anymore. I read Latin and Old Greek, which comes in handy when visiting churches and when in Greece (the alphabet is still the same - so can read menus and stuff).

^That's so cute. Being/feeling German hasn't always been so popular I guess, although you're not the only one:

Back