I went to the HIStory statue in Best (Holland).

There was a fanmeeting at the History statue the weekend after he died. For his b-day there is no fanmeeting/vigil planned as far as i know. There is just a group of fans (like me) who goes there on his b-day to bring flowers, candles etc and mourn in peace without a big party or media attention. Well atleast I hope the media won't be there. I want to ask them to leave if they are but I dunno if that's a good idea. Coz then they get the attention they want...

Who is going to attend the tribute ast the statue in Best on Michaels birthday?

I think i`m coming!
I have the feeling that i have to do something....and i think that this is it!
Ther will be a lot of people there i think because more forums are talking albout the statue!

I go to the statue. Dunno what time yet. Been thinking of just the morning coz then it's most likely still quiet. But in the afternoon or maybe evening would be nice too so there might be someone to talk to when needed and i feel less alone. My mom allready offered to drive me there again if i want too but I told her i might go by train so i don't have to bother her.

What time are you all thinking of?

I heard that they are planning something from 14.00 till 23.00.
I really don`t know what but when i hear or see something i will post it here!

(Volgens mij kunnen we hier ook gewoon Nederlands praten (o;)

Ja dat kan maarja met engels kan iedereen gewoon meelezen :)

They planned something? Who? I so hope the media isn't involved in this otherwise I have to be sure to there before 14:00. I want no media.

Bij deze:

Tremble Works, MJJC, European Jackson Events, Mac Donalds en Raffles Entertainment presenteren:

The Michael Jackson Open Air Tribute !!!

Plaats: McDonalds Best (bij Michael's beeld)
Datum: 29 Augustus 2009
Tijd: waarschijnlijk 14.00-23.00
Entree: GRATIS !!!!!!!!

Optredens zullen er zijn van internationale acts en DJ's
(o.a. Andre Santisi, Ceyload)

Videoboodschappen van Michael's familieleden. Live videoverbinding met een speciaal evenement in LA.

Free gifts, video's op gigantische schermen, vuurwerk, lasershow en uiteraard een loterij met zeer speciale gesigneerde MJ items.

Allemaal voor het Ronald McDonald kinderfonds.

Kortom......dit mag je niet gaan missen!

Thanks Janena for the info!!!
I think it`s going to be very crowdy!

What?! Fireworks...? Lasershow..?:doh:

Where's that information from actually, can I find further details somewhere? And what about the MJJC, is it something those fanclubs organized together? What's going on in LA then?

*Confused*

its organised bij thijs, he's on here as well..

info is also on the mjjc.hyves.nl

its organised bij thijs, he's on here as well..

info is also on the mjjc.hyves.nl
Thankyou! :)

Sounds good...although I'm not sure what to think of the fireworks/lasershow...but I will do my best to go there the 29th!

And that all on that tiny parking lot?! There will be media for sure. There goes my moment of peace when i won't be able to make it before 14:00 :(

I'm sure Thijs doesn't mean it wrong but this all sounds to much to me.. laser show, fireworks, performances and even a lottery. It seems to much of a celebration instead of a day to mourn if you want to :(

Yeah i feel what you are saying.

I was planning to go as well, before an event was planned.

I think if you need some quiet time without a celebration going on in the background you should try to come there in the morning...

Yeah that's the only option if i want to bring a white rose and burn some insence in peace. I can also just go in the afternoon and see how it goes, all the celebration i mean, and then if it's nothing for me just ignore it and do it my way as planned. But i think it's hard to ignore it all and people might get the wrong idea :(

Im not in much of a partymood myself and hope there will be room for mourning as well..

Btw, the first mediaperson to shove a camera in my face will regret it.

Yeah.. If i see a media person with a camera making pics or whatever off me.. I tell them to delete it and leave me alone since we all have portrait rights. If they don't listen, which i doubt if they have some respect, they gonna regret it indeed. But if they are really respectfull they just don't go there or ask permission first.
I don't mind fans making pics (unless they are from the media) as i do that myself aswell but that is for personal reasons only.

Sorry for the double post but I decided to post here instead of the tribute topic as I did go to the statue today and not yesterday because I was not feeling well.

Anyway I just came back and once again it was nice and quit. Felt like a moment between Michael and me. When I arrived there where a few more people paying thier respects. Put a white rose in the fence and I saw i wasn't the only one who had planned to burn insence coz there was an empty holder so i decided to put my stick in there. It smelt like lovely roses and even from afar you could smell it pretty good. Meanwhile the insence was burning I did read some messages people left there, they where all so lovely, and made a few pics. After a while i was getting a bit hungry so we had a burger and a milkshake and before we went home again the insence stick was almost gone so i did place a new one before I left. It felt good that I didn't cry allthough it was very hard. That means i can deal with it better now and London won't be so hard next week.

Gonna upload pics later I guess.

I was there also today ! ! ! I had some work to do saturday so I decided to go today. I was there between 12:00 - 13:30 dutch time I think. I had some roses (different colours) I climbed and I placed the flowers on his feet where it just spend about 5 minutes then the wind blows it off... We also tried to leave 2 candle burning when we left but the time we were there I lighted them about 5 times, there were burning when we left.

Aww deze draad ligt nogal gevoelig ..de immense pijn is nog te voelen bij het terug lezen van de post.
Het is nu inmiddels bijna 5 jaar en nog steeds denk ik dat we er als Michael Jackson fan nooit helemaal overheen zullen komen....maar als ik voor mezelf mag spreken, ben ik blij dat ik me in al die jaren heb kunnen en mogen troosten door naar zijn muziek te luisteren, zijn beelden en foto's te bekijken en mijn pijn en plezier met de beste vrienden (Andere MJ fans) te delen....
Hoe zou ik het anders hebben gered?

Jammer dat er zo weinig fans meer aan forums deelnemen...dat had ik graag anders gezien ...want uiteindelijk willen wij zijn LEGACY toch alive houden he?

Ik ben er meerdere keren geweest. Het is een prachtig initatief, voelt een beetje als ''forest lawn' voor degene die niet naar L.A kunnen gaan maar inderdaad het blijft moeilijk en is ook zo ver hé. Is voor mij 4 uur reizen en de laatste keer ben ik verloren gelopen :doh: Helemaal niet leuk als je uitgeput toekomt :(

Daryll748;3970121 said:
Ik ben er meerdere keren geweest. Het is een prachtig initatief, voelt een beetje als ''forest lawn' voor degene die niet naar L.A kunnen gaan maar inderdaad het blijft moeilijk en is ook zo ver hé. Is voor mij 4 uur reizen en de laatste keer ben ik verloren gelopen :doh: Helemaal niet leuk als je uitgeput toekomt :(

I have been there once ...I think it is bad located ....its difficult to reach without a car , and there is nothing more than a Mc Donalds ...It would have been much better if it was located in the middle of a big city like Amsterdam (Much closer for me to, haha)
oh mijn god , zit ik toch weer in het Engels te praten ...moeilijk hoor!
Slechte locatie vind ik het beeld in Best , slecht te bereiken met het openbaar vervoer ook ..en het fijt dat er verder niets anders is als een Mc Donalds ...zou veel beter zijn als het ergens in een van de grote steden zou staan net als het standbeeld in Muchen (Germany) ...als voorkeur zou ik natuurlijk voor Amsterdam gaan ...veel dichterbij ook voor mij ;) LOL

idd, moeilijk te bereiken als je geen auto heb... Meerdere keren van trein wisselen en dan 30 minuten te voet... het laatste stukje heeft zelfs geen voetpad en dan moet je nog een drukke baan over ook... Gekkenwerk, noem ik da!

Is niet dat ik niet over heb voor Michael maar soms is het uit de context gerukt hé :doh:

Daryll748;3970145 said:
idd, moeilijk te bereiken als je geen auto heb... Meerdere keren van trein wisselen en dan 30 minuten te voet... het laatste stukje heeft zelfs geen voetpad en dan moet je nog een drukke baan over ook... Gekkenwerk, noem ik da!

Is niet dat ik niet over heb voor Michael maar soms is het uit de context gerukt hé :doh:

Glad you agreed with me ...we might as well talk English Daz ...:(
not the first time people let me down ...especially the Dutch ...thats why I never joined a Dutch forum ...heb het gevoel dat het allemaal een beetje los aan eklaar hangt ..ik ben daar te devoted voor!

Treasure;3970150 said:
Glad you agreed with me ...we might as well talk English Daz ...:(
not the first time people let me down ...especially the Dutch ...thats why I never joined a Dutch forum ...heb het gevoel dat het allemaal een beetje los aan eklaar hangt ..ik ben daar te devoted voor!

oh well, we all stand our own ground! We verwerken het 'verdriet' allemaal op onze eigen manier!

Wij vinden 'soelaas' (comfort) in MJJC terwijl andere fans het misschien te 'moeilijk' of te 'confronterend' vinden om het verdriet om die manier te verwerken...

Teleurgesteld? (let down) misschien omdat we teveel verwachten of principes wie weet hé

De laatste jaren zijn echt een 'beproeving' geweest hé en het blijft zo hé vrees ik :blush:

Back