Is a massive "D25" box set about to be announced Monday?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. That is NOT what happened! Lol. I don't even know where to begin...I am so sorry that you can see past an organization that helped to destroy someone who is no longer with us because of the things they helped put in motion that he would never be able to recover from. And no they did not stick by him when the Chandler thing happened so you can wipe the delusional reminiscing of twinkles out of your eyes. They were going to dump him back in 1994 but some other Asian company said that they would take him and with Michael wanting to leave Sony then he was good to go. That's why "HIStory: Past, Present, And Future - BOOK I" got the promotion it so rightfully deserved at least initially. Talk about Stockholm Syndrome. Facts and details matter. Sheeew!
You know, I can be condescending too. Especially reading that Original post of the MEGA BOX DANGEROUS set-talk about "delusional" and "twinkles in your eyes." But was I?
No.

First off, thanks for notifying me of the Monday announcement. Up until now I didn't know such a thing was gonna happen.

Second, as much as I wish it was a late Dangerous 25 release, it most likely won't be.

And third, this will probably be for the Thriller project they've been working on with John Landis.

I agree with HIStoric; if it is in fact going to be similar to the Off the Wall 2016 reissue (the album + the documentary), I hope we get at least a little bonus material this time.

Hmmm, look at the support for "Dangerous 25"! :) But yeah, I'm sure it is the "Thriller 3D".

Will it be extensive for a "Thriller 35: Still Alive!" massive box set?! How would this work? The "short promotional film" for "Thriller" has been released on d.v.d. a number of times over the past twenty years but the best selling "Making Of Thriller" has never even been released on d.v.d. mere less Blu-Ray? How is a 3D version suppose to work when most people cannot afford that kind of home equipment? Would this really drive people to the theaters? I hope so! That along with an alternative ending of some sort, eh!

It probably won't be a massive "Thriller 35: Still Alive!" box set though. Why include a Victory Tour concert? Remixes, demos, alternative versions of songs, instrumentals, accapellas, re-recordings, live companion discs to the concert and a gorgeous hardcover book? Let's hope it is something simply like two discs. Perhaps digi-packaging. Some sort of packaging that not only will wear out quickly but will start to tear up as soon as you open it. We don't want it to be Earth shattering great.

Last edited:
Alex, how massive will this box set be?

I was going to get the bus into town but maybe it will be too big to manage. Should I drive in? But then, will it even fit in the car?

Maybe I should go for home delivery, but then. If the box set is so massive, think of the shipping costs.

This is difficult. Damn the Estate for releasing so much.

Alex, how massive will this box set be?

I was going to get the bus into town but maybe it will be too big to manage. Should I drive in? But then, will it even fit in the car?

Maybe I should go for home delivery, but then. If the box set is so massive, think of the shipping costs.

This is difficult. Damn the Estate for releasing so much.
Which one are you talking about? D25 8-disc with the Batman style hardcover book or Thriller 35 Still Alive??

I passed on the chalk, so I will take one of each! I've been saving since Xscape! wow people are bored.

I passed on the chalk, so I will take one of each! I've been saving since Xscape! wow people are bored.
I've seen the stick of chalk go for astronomical prices on eBay. Unused ones are crazy money!

Seriously, I'll never come to terms with a stick of chalk packaged with an album. We joke about a Dangerous deluxe coming with a mask of MJ's eyes from the album cover and as funny as it is, it would still be way better than a stick of chalk.

reissues

You are aware that these projects happen and have for the past decade for endless l.p.s that never sold anything near what "Dangerous" sold? You really think nothing related to those projects is going to sell in the future?! Lol. It is impossible to discuss anything with people who cannot understand what is being said.
What's your point? Just because something has not sold that much in the past does not mean anything. Ford sells more cars than Rolls Royce, but that does not mean there is not a market for Rolls Royce. More people shop at Kroger's than Whole Foods, but that doesn't have anything to do with people who shop at Whole Foods. There's many albums that sold well in the past that do not get deluxe versions or reissues like MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, Milli Vanilli, New Kids On The Block, etc. There probably is not a market today for a deluxe version of Vanilla Ice's debut album, even though it sold over 10 million copies. Most people are only interested in Ice Ice Baby, not the rest of the album. Most albums do not get anniversary editions, popular or not.

Most l.p.s don't have to! We are only talking about one of the best selling recording artists of all time all around the world! :) What's with the anger and dismissal of exciting and great things that can and probably will happen in the future?! Lol.

Most l.p.s don't have to! We are only talking about one of the best selling recording artists of all time all around the world! :) What's with the anger and dismissal of exciting and great things that can and probably will happen in the future?! Lol.
So is Madonna and none of her albums ever had a deluxe version. Her first 3 albums had a remaster, but there were no extra tracks. Same for the early DLR Van Halen albums.

What's with the anger and dismissal of exciting and great things that can and probably will happen in the future?! Lol.

In what world is an expanded multi-disc Dangerous box set a likelihood?

Support ? occurrence.

DuranDuran! If I hold something behind my back some of you would go, "It's gone!" and if I held it front of me the same folk would be like, "It's back!" and I could go back and forth on and on and get the same reactions! Lol. There is no reason Madonna or all sorts of certain artists could not have exciting things done for their individual l.p.s! Check out superdeluxeedition.com!

Stevie

DuranDuran! If I hold something behind my back some of you would go, "It's gone!" and if I held it front of me the same folk would be like, "It's back!" and I could go back and forth on and on and get the same reactions! Lol. There is no reason Madonna or all sorts of certain artists could not have exciting things done for their individual l.p.s! Check out superdeluxeedition.com!
What about Stevie Wonder? It's been long rumored that he has it set up that all of his unreleased songs are to be destroyed when he dies. That might include the stuff he produced for the Jackson 5.

Well, someone should GENTLY convince him otherwise...and if persists then LIE to him! Lol! I've spoken to some people about this including a relative of Glady's Knight that Stevie really does not have anything to worry about and if for some reason he does just have someone and or some people keep both quality control or make sure nothing gets released that it shouldn't be. But yeah, that idea of Stevie's archives being destroyed is simply (laughing as I'm saying it) UNACCEPTABLE! Simple as that! Oh, how great would it be for his l.p.s to be expanded!

Even expanded releases done already are not expanded probably anything near what they could be! A new format will probably have to be done for the industry...but it will mean TONS of work for everyone involved for many years!

I dream of this all day, all day, and all of the night! I walk the streets with delight with a skip in step with the beat amongst the heat! I say to myself help the ones who need it for that one day may be me if you please! We must walk softly and not weep for life can be as good or as bad as we make it every week! Don't look down like a sad clown look up like one who faces the crowd and smiles with joy and laughter! Togetherness is all we are after! Um, after we eat, sleep, and maybe work in the dirt some, eh. We never know what the future may hold so hang on for no matter what you have been told prepare yourselves for all possibilites so you may be able to reap opportunities and survive well whatever challenges lay a head! Um, IIIII need to go back to bed...sorry about that! :)

I imagine for this "Thriller 35: Still Alive" project will unfold gradually in a number of manners over the next few months! I would think the first would be the world premier at whatever film festival has been said, the second will be the 3D version of this new "Thriller" with an alternate ending late October for Halloween, and the third will be some sort of physical release around the American Thanksgiving for the Holidays. The physical release will probably have the original "Making Of Michael Jackson's Thriller" on a disc and a second disc will have a new updated documentary on "Thriller" and contain the new version with the alternative ending on that. Imagine it coming in a box like a stone grave and you open it up for its contents?! Oooo! Exciting, eh?!

I'm psyched! Bring this on! I mean The Estate have already said they are not intending (at least at the time of the interview a few months ago with John Branca) that they are not going to release any more new music so it won't be anything past whatever to do with the "short promotional film" of "Thriller" aside from what I imagine would include the original "Making Of..." from 1983. In this case next year would be the thirty fifth anniversary for that...not this one which makes you think...

Last edited:
I honestly dont care about Thriller any more... Dangerous and History would be way more exciting, considering that Bad has already got its anniversary release.

At least a stick of chalk is practical. I would take an entire blackboard over another Cascio release.
Haha fair point. Suddenly that stick of chalk looks damn good.

Guy from Sony "Well we gotta give them somethin'!!"

Guy from Estate "Well we gave them some Cascio tracks a few years ago and there was a major over reaction and a bloody court case! Frank and Jason would want twice the amount this time, a bonus fee if he does Oprah again! We shifted an extra 50 copies after that interview!"

Guy from Sony "Well I'm all out of ideas this time! We gave them Afrojax! Christ we gave em Pitbull!! By the way, he get paid yet? I've told Jenny not to take his calls anymore, guy has zero patience! So I'm all out of ideas kid genius! You got ANY ideas at all!"

Guy from Estate "Ok! I've just thought of something! Brace yourself for this!"

Guy from Sony "Ok I'm braced! Didn't Michael use that? 'Brace yourself? Very good I see what you did there. Ok I'm waiting!"

Guy from Estate "Look at the wall over there. What do you see?"

Guy from Sony "A Prince poster. Don't you think that would be pushing it?"

Guy from Estate "No, next to the Prince poster. And we're on a budget here! We can't afford no Prince poster! Colour and ink cost dollars! We're not made of.....well we're not paying for a full coloured giant Prince poster only for those nut jobs to throw it back in our face!"

Guy from Sony "Gawd damn it! Can you just spit it out??"

Guy from Estate "What's next to the Prince poster?"

Guy from Sony "A blackboard! Great we'll give them all a gawd damn blackboard! That's really gonna be cost effect! Seriously! Like we're the bank of Rothchild over here!"

Guy from Estate "Look closer! What's resting on the ledge of the blackboard??"

Guy from Sony "Chalk? Chalk!!! Chalk!!!!! Chalk!!!! Todd your a gawd damn genius!! They better be paying you over there!! You still driving that Bugatti? Jenny cancel my two o'clock! Heck Jenny cancle the rest of the evening and bring in a bottle of the finest....."

^ me wonders if Az and Alex have the same dealer?!

^ me wonders if Az and Alex have the same dealer?!
You tickled me with this! I'm actually laughing and quite giddy! Lmfao! Seriously this thread has cracked me up no end.

Re: Stevie

What about Stevie Wonder? It's been long rumored that he has it set up that all of his unreleased songs are to be destroyed when he dies. That might include the stuff he produced for the Jackson 5.

Even if nobody ever hears them I hope they don't destroy his unreleased works. Stevie is beyond genius

Re: Stevie

Even if nobody ever hears them I hope they don't destroy his unreleased works. Stevie is beyond genius

I have a feeling some collaborators will 'smuggle out' copies or make backups that they'll hide so they aren't destroyed. Many times in history has art been ordered to be destroyed, only for it to turn up intact years later because someone smuggled out a personal copy.

I haven't even been following Michael Jackson news for years and I can absolutely with 100% confidence answer NO to this question. Not now, not ever.

I've seen the stick of chalk go for astronomical prices on eBay. Unused ones are crazy money!

Seriously, I'll never come to terms with a stick of chalk packaged with an album. We joke about a Dangerous deluxe coming with a mask of MJ's eyes from the album cover and as funny as it is, it would still be way better than a stick of chalk.
OK-I have to ask. Didn't they say the chalk idea came from Michael's original marketing plan for the 1979 album?
Or do you all think they just made that story up to make the chalk more palatable?

barbee0715;4199146 said:
OK-I have to ask. Didn't they say the chalk idea came from Michael's original marketing plan for the 1979 album?
Or do you all think they just made that story up to make the chalk more palatable?
Did they say that?? If they did, I don't believe them, in much the same way the used "Michael's personal VHS copy of Wembley" as a selling point for Bad25. Any VHS/DAT tapes that were available to them were Michaels personal belongings! Including the footage of The Way You Make Me Feel and the Billie Jean footage edited in where the tape was damaged. I have no probs with that by the way, I understand things have to be marketed to make them more attractive. Even if Michael did suggest a piece of chalk in 1979 when he wasn't yet a megastar and was very much Quincy's protégé, I find it very dubious. Even if he did suggest it, surely it could only have been a throwaway comment that somebody has recalled.

Can you guys give me the second where Billie Jean in Wembley was edited? I cannot find it. For me everything is one film reel.

Can you guys give me the second where Billie Jean in Wembley was edited? I cannot find it. For me everything is one film reel.

Do you mean the part that is from some other concert? It just near the end. The camera change after 6:50 in this video:

I haven't watched it in about a year but I plan to soon. I can't recall the specific moment but from somewhere past the halfway mark close to the dance breakdown at the end, look out for a stage cable behind Michael on the steps of the bandstand. You'll notice the cable is in a different position or gone completely. It's nothing bad by the way, most every live DVD from any decent artist is edited to some extent. My point being was that they had more than one VHS tape as apposed to "Michael's personal copy" on the tour he reviewed every -probably not every but many copies- of his performance.

I haven't watched it in about a year but I plan to soon. I can't recall the specific moment but from somewhere past the halfway mark close to the dance breakdown at the end, look out for a stage cable behind Michael on the steps of the bandstand. You'll notice the cable is in a different position or gone completely. It's nothing bad by the way, most every live DVD from any decent artist is edited to some extent. My point being was that they had more than one VHS tape as apposed to "Michael's personal copy" on the tour he reviewed every -probably not every but many copies- of his performance.

Actually you can see Michael's hands completely change position after that camera angle change in the above video. It's clear if you watch it frame by frame. The tape might have been damaged so they used footage from some other concert. I wouldn't be suprised if there is more edits like that.

Okay I got your point.

But I believe the Estate that they had only one Wembley VHS July 16 1988 copy (no other VHS copies from that exact concert, nothing). Otherwise they would have released something different and we would have even got blu ray release.

And their main plan was to release the same concert they got the best audio from. Plus fans demanded years this royal concert.

But yes, they have lots of other concerts indeed. VHS, Beta tapes, whatever. But we will never see them I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back