Is a massive "D25" box set about to be announced Monday?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually you can see Michael's hands completely change position after that camera angle change in the above video. It's clear if you watch it frame by frame. The tape might have been damaged so they used footage from some other concert. I wouldn't be suprised if there is more edits like that.

Very professionally edited, hard to say. :) I see that everything is smooth like one piece.

I love this concert though!!!

Last edited:
I wonder why they didn't think about releasing this New York concert? Picture quality is better and great audio:

I wonder why they didn't think about releasing this New York concert? Picture quality is better and great audio:

Probably because of not good enough (read: commercially releasable) audio.

The fact is that the Estate has all the info and we only can speculate why and why not. I guess lots of people here did it (speculated) good back in 2012. :D

But in the end Bad25 is and was one of the best releases of all time by the Estate. Lets see if something will change tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure the audio is good enough because they officially have it on Youtube. :)

But in the end Bad25 is and was one of the best releases of all time by the Estate. Lets see if something will change tomorrow.
I agree. I was so excited when the Wembley concert was announced. It was awesome to see a full 1988 concert.

I'm pretty sure the audio is good enough because they officially have it on Youtube. :)

Well... kinda. But then comes the point that fans (means us) demanded this royal concert. And we got it. Be careful what you wish for. :D

We should have had demanded LA 89 instead. Or something else. But we got what we wanted. And that was good enough for me!

When can we expect the announcement in the UK tomorrow? Is it 1700?

And guys dont forget that MJ did not want to release bad tour at all, so..... blame him too that we do not have a blu ray concert of that tour. It is not just the Estate. Or our wishes. LA was meant for release back in 90, but was cancelled, so make your own conclusions. Steve knows.

I'm pretty sure it's about Thriller 3D. I wonder what they will include on the Blu-Ray if they release it in the future? A one short film and a documentary about it isn't enough. Also I'm not buying Thriller album re-release just to get the HD version of the short film.

I'm pretty sure it's about Thriller 3D. I wonder what they will include on the Blu-Ray if they release it in the future? A one short film and a documentary about it isn't enough. Also I'm not buying Thriller album re-release just to get the HD version of the short film.

The Estate talked about multiple projects. I think that there will be more. Thriller 3D is just not enough for a big announcement.

Guys, I just want to reiterate that I LOVE the Wembley concert. My only point was to compare that they used "Michael's personal VHS copy" in relation to the possibilty that someone from the label said that MJ's intentions were to have a stick of chalk released with the original release of OTW back in 79.

Yes I believe they released the Royal performance because they obtained the soundboard mix from a fan on here who I think worked on the tour?

For me, Bad25 and Xscape Deluxe have been their two best releases.

Guys, I just want to reiterate that I LOVE the Wembley concert. My only point was to compare that they used "Michael's personal VHS copy" in relation to the possibilty that someone from the label said that MJ's intentions were to have a stick of chalk released with the original release of OTW back in 79.

Yes I believe they released the Royal performance because they obtained the soundboard mix from a fan on here who I think worked on the tour?

For me, Bad25 and Xscape Deluxe have been their two best releases.

Same here.

What if John Landis took unused footage from the Thriller shoot and edited a completely new full-length never before seen cut of the short film? It would be quite astonishing to see the most iconic music video of all time with alternative scenes and a different audio mix, aswell as 3D.

The Estate talked about multiple projects. I think that there will be more. Thriller 3D is just not enough for a big announcement.

The announcement might just be about Thriller 3D premiering at some film festival. Don't expect too much.

Regarding Wembley: if you do not know yet then HappyLee has done a wonderful work on this piece, colours are smoother, at least for me. But I like both, the official release and HL version:

mega:#!yI1HzbrD!bycFZgttmgKScao5v9XxZhSMuisw2FMcS1zmouGgO44

If this link doesnt work then go to this spanish forum and type londres in search box.

6581821420131106143650038.jpg

Bucharest 1992 (MJJLatvia Edition):

https://mega.nz/#!j0YVQDRS!C3i3wPox-...yrLCNaMxGumKuc

6581821420130108194056037.jpg

Last edited:
Regarding Wembley: if you do not know yet then HappyLee has done a wonderful work on this piece, colours are smoother, at least for me. But I like both, the official release and HL version:

mega:#!yI1HzbrD!bycFZgttmgKScao5v9XxZhSMuisw2FMcS1zmouGgO44

If this link doesnt work then go to this spanish forum and type londres in search box.

6581821420131106143650038.jpg

Bucharest 1992 (MJJLatvia Edition):

https://mega.nz/#!j0YVQDRS!C3i3wPox-...yrLCNaMxGumKuc

6581821420130108194056037.jpg
That looks nice. This up on YouTube? Perhaps not allowed because it's offical. I'm not in a position to download at the moment but it looks good.

So there is a possibility for a blu ray release! Brilliant. Thanks for sharing this. Very funny in parts, especially the bit with Micky Mouse "holy s##t!" :lol:

I hadn't seen this in full before. He talks about going back to the original negatives which is just music to my ears.

Regards the announcement, wasn't it expected to be 1200hrs EDT? If so that's 1700 UK time?
I believe they said from 8:00pm GMT.

You all can understand what is being said with five people talking about the same time in the John Landis video interview...from last year?! That's impressive...please tell the rest of us what was said...

...if they are releasing "Thriller" of some sort with "The Making Of..." and or some new documentary in 3D then why would they not release it in the home video format? That would include Blu-Ray and d.v.d. by default. No one releases just 3D home videos without Blu-Ray and d.v.d. and maybe digital download, right? It's hard to imagine too much of an audience who downloads 3D films...

You all can understand what is being said with five people talking about the same time in the John Landis video interview...from last year?! That's impressive...please tell the rest of us what was said...

...if they are releasing "Thriller" of some sort with "The Making Of..." and or some new documentary in 3D then why would they not release it in the home video format? That would include Blu-Ray and d.v.d. by default. No one releases just 3D home videos without Blu-Ray and d.v.d. and maybe digital download, right? It's hard to imagine too much of an audience who downloads 3D films...
He's gone back and remastered the Short Film and added a different ending and its in 3D. He said all recent versions of Thriller are shity copies because they're copies of copies of copies, they're dupes. He didn't say anything else about that.

He enjoyed working with Michael on Thriller and they always got along, even when he was suing him for his pay on Thriller Michael rang him to do BOW and he was like what about my money. He didn't enjoy BOW as much as he felt it cost too much and whereas in Thriller it was his thing, BOW he was there to give Michael what he wanted.

He was mad one day when Michael didn't show up and it cost the studio 60 to 70 thousand dollars. When Michael came back he said he was in Toys R Us with Macauley Culkin and they spent 50 thousand on toys. John said to Michael it's hard to spend 50 thousand and if you ever do that again -leave him stranded on the set- he was gone! He said he was a different person after 8 years of God-like fame but they always got on well.

When he worked with him on Thriller they shot it in 4 days and he thought Michael was only about 17, he didn't realise he was in his 20's.

Why so pessimistic? Admit that you, like all of us, still want to know what will be going on. Even though that some things (okay, many) are done in a bad way for the fans.

Last good release for me was Bad25. And may be Xscape.

No sorry I just don't anymore, since they keep messing with his work.

Are you not even bothered by the prospect of hearing previously unreleased material??

Nope, If Mike didn't want me to hear it, I respect his wishes.

Really, Gaz!?

How many threads, comments, users, do you think your site would have if MJ releases stopped the day he died?

Clearly you know nothing about me so that point doesn't even warrant a response.

just out of curious but I don't know where to ask this, does anyone have this CD? if so, does it sound better or it's just the audio taken from the TV broadcast?

2gy12s0.jpg

^ Same. Even though it most likely be about Thriller 35, I'm still quite excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back