Is Michael the last of the megastars?

im just saying that the audiense was lauder at the springsteen consert I went to, than the MJ consert. and I was actually supisted how silent the audiens was at the 4 conserts I have benn to...it was not like it is at the DVDs or the promofilms...

Last edited:
well MJ does have an estimated 500 faints per night.. that tells me enough.. lol!

plus, NOISE does not mean everything.. To me being silent at an MJ concert just tells me they were captivated.

But I was not there, u were.. lol!

LUCKY..

I can tell u this.. When I saw MJ at the 45th bday party.. I did not SCREAM ONCE.. (part of that was I did not want to distroy that film that my mouth was right by.) I hate watching back MJ fan tapes and it's just someone screaming. lol! But I was able to hold myself back non the less.

is that a serious question???music has been around for what 50/60 years and has generated a few megastars (argument sake). u tellin me you cant imagine there being another megastar in the next 100 years?

im just saying that the audiense was lauder at the springsteen consert I went to, than the MJ consert. and I was actually supisted how silent the audiens was at the 4 conserts I have benn to...it was not like it is at the DVDs or the promofilms...

Which one of MJ's concert did you attend to ? anyway if in London maybe a lot of fans here can testify , your saying is a bit strange .

^^ People became megastars because they created what the standard of the industry is..

The music industry as we know it was CREATED with those MEGASTARS 50/60 years ago.. It has been created now.

what is there left to be revolutionized in it?? I mean now celebs go else where to get big.. They leave the music industry because they got all they can from it.. They go to movies, clothing lines, etc... they venture OUT because the music inustry today is NOT the same..

Before you can be the best paid entertainer by being a musician.. Now it's not like that.. U HAVE to venture away from music..

well MJ does have an estimated 500 faints per night.. that tells me enough.. lol!

plus, NOISE does not mean everything.. To me being silent at an MJ concert just tells me they were captivated.

That is waht im tryint to say!...if you read what I have been writing you will see that I said: Screaming dose not mean quality....and that I think people like to stand still and look at mj in stad of screaming.
But im sure alle the conserts are diffrent. som eare more noise than others. Nad I have been to many conserts that has more screaming audince than mj. but that dose not mean it is better

Last edited:
^^ People became megastars because they created what the standard of the industry is..

The music industry as we know it was CREATED with those MEGASTARS 50/60 years ago.. It has been created now.

what is there left to be revolutionized in it??

Time will change!...the industry will look very diffrent in 10-200 years from now. And of course there are alot more going to happend and be revolutionizd...
And yes there will be many artist talanted as Mj in the future....no dout

is that a serious question???music has been around for what 50/60 years and has generated a few megastars (argument sake). u tellin me you cant imagine there being another megastar in the next 100 years?

the question releates more to real megastars not the supposed ones of today. so yes there maybe megastars or ppl who are deemed to be ones because of the way the industry is but many doubt there will ever be big real megastars again and in that sense then yes mj madonna ect are the last of the true megastars. who knows what will happen down the line the music industry may be totally different or hardly even exsist come 30-40 years down the road

That is waht im tryint to say!...if you read what I have been writing you will see that I said: Screaming dose not mean quality....and that I think people like to stand still and look at mj in stad of screaming.
But im sure alle the conserts are diffrent. som eare more noise than others. Nad I have been to many conserts that has more screaming audince than mj. but that dose not mean it is better

well....obviously you never went to a mj's concert , the images of Histerya speak for themselve they all come from mj's concerts if not where do they come from so ? you never went man stop joking .

Noise just mean that michael brings a lot emotion on people , it shows how deep people love him that's all , how the hearts are beating when he appears that's all and its common to all the megastars .

Time will change!...the industry will look very diffrent in 10-200 years from now. And of course there are alot more going to happend and be revolutionizd...
And yes there will be many artist talanted as Mj in the future....no dout

lol so let's wait for 200 years , but clearly since 25 years there is nobody near MJ's status .

the images of Histerya speak for themselve they all come from mj's concerts if not where do they come from so ?

they were all created in a studio dont u know just like the moon landings lol J/K

Im just telling my experience...if you belive it or not i cant controll.

one of the consert i went to was in Kiel in germany. it was the history tour. Im sure someone is going to say that they was there and it was mas hysterica. but it wasen´t it ws very silent audiense. but that dont have to be a bad thing at all!

Well.....i don't say silence in mj's concerts is a bad thing at all , i just say I DON'T BELIEVE YOU AT ALL that's different , and no , you went nowhere near a mj's concert tell your jokes to someone else lol .

I know there are alot of people that has the same experience. but again: it dosent mean the consert was not good. all his conserts are amazing!....its just that the screaming is not like it use to be...

It goes like this.. (FOR ME)

There are celebs.. ( Paris Hilton, Linsey Lohan, etc........)

There are stars.. (Usher, Britney Spears, etc.........)

There are big stars.. (Prince, Madonna, etc.......)

There are megastars... (Elvis, Beatles, etc...........)

Then there is... MICHAEL JACKSON..

That is very cool the way you put it...

I'd say Will Smith has been pretty popular, since 1986 when Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince came out, to his movie career today. Even Jackie Chan is known worldwide, it doesn't just have to be a music star. In music, it probably won't happen. It's different today. If they were starting out today I don't think MJ, Prince, The Beatles, U2, Elvis, Madonna, Led Zepplin, Jimi Hendrix, etc would be that popular. Back then, acts played in clubs, fairs or whatever for years before they were discovered and had time to really develop. There was no internet or instant success. A lot of acts were on small start up labels because the majors didn't want to experiment or bother with niche genres. When such genres became popular - like jazz, rock & roll, blues, folk, country - the major lables bought them out and the mom & pop labels who didn't have the funds or distribution muscle of the majors and went out of business. Majors mostly had very mainstream stuff like Perry Como or Tony Bennett. The Beatles were turned down by several labels, but they had a manager Brian Epstein who really believed in them and didn't give up. BB King sang for over 2 decades before he really crossed over. Some acts were popular because of the time period they came out like Simon & Garfunkel, Nat King Cole, Yes, or Motley Crue.

I know there are alot of people that has the same experience. but again: it dosent mean the consert was not good. all his conserts are amazing!....its just that the screaming is not like it use to be...

Again i dont say the silence is something bad where did you read that ??? i went to several concerts where there wasnt hysteria but that fantastic !!

I say I DONT BELIEVE YOU , you are just a lier , a hater , a joke what you want .
Images of Histerya speak for themselves EVEN DURING THE HISTORY ERA !!!

Like it or not that's THE FACTS !!!

Last edited:
I have been to 4 mj conserts 2 dangerus and 2 history. and nobody was screaming. the clips we see on his conserts on youtube og the bucharesti consert are all edited.
there was actually more screaming and crazyness at bruse springsten.

not that screaming is a quality sign. but you bouth it up

yes there is some screaming...but not more than other conserts. it think it is becase people want to stand still and look at him. than actually scream. Im not saying it is a bad thing. but the vhis consert videos is very edited.

here is how it actually is

Grate performance anyway!!!

The clips used were all televised and yes edited.
Here is a live mj concert and it is very loud.At 05.35 the fans are louder than the music!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZoI3haLNQw&feature=related
this is 100% live
1988 Wembley

Last edited:
Well, I got to see MJ on three tours and I went to a lot of concerts, and I can definitly tell that the last tour, the HIStory tour, had the concerts with the least audience participation. There was some hysteria going on in the first rows, all right, it's what you usually see in the live footage or concert DVDs. But apart from that, it wasn't very loud. A lot of hardcore fans who I repeatedly met at shows or traveled with were saying that as well.

If you go to a rock show, any rock show, you'll find a lot more of audience participation. I went to rock shows where a whole stadium was jumping up and down and people were singing and roaring like crazy. Not with MJ. I guess it has to do with the fact that he hasn't sung live at that last tour, he lipsynced almost through all of the songs. I talked to a lot of people who weren't directly in front of the stage and who said there was just no atmosphere. Most of them said it was a great dance show, but not a real music concert. Therefore it's of paramount importance for MJ to actually sing live at a concert.

But apart from that, I don't think this discussion has much to do with the question if MJ is the last of the megastars or not. I think he's one of the very last and one of the few that there ever were.

Last edited:
While I can co sign those observations last unicorn gave cuz there was certainly a change from those Bad concerts, to the Dangerous concert and finally the HiStory concerts I've attended here in Germany. To me I loved Dangerous the most. Bad was really great also but yeah it seemed a bit Michael wasn't that much one with his audience anymore during HiStory.

I don't see this having anything to do with being a Megastar.

To me Michael was the only one in his league always, noone has ever come close to him... maybe Elvis or the Beatles yeah but then again those last were four and then they didn't really last as long as Michael is still lasting. Also I didn't see them just everywhere as popular as Michael... for example I didn't really see Beatlemania that much in Africa for example.

And although I do think we do have some great musicians with wonderful talent out there for sure... I doubt anyone will ever reach that status quo Michael set again.

Back