James Brown

Supe, if you have the soundboard recording uploaded already, i'd appreciate it if you'd share it here.

JB has tons of official concert releases,

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1224420... brown live&rh=i:aps,k:james brown live,i:dvd

and they keep repackaging his '85 Chastain Park concert, so it should be available just about anywhere.

but one of my favourite concerts hasn't been released yet in its entirety, and it's a very moving one from 1968 in Boston on the day after Martin Luther King's assasination. i uploaded a TV version of it over at MaxJax, if you're interested:

Aww man, I really hope that link doesn't expire?! Thing is, I'm in the middle of exams and I have alot of work to do. I'l only be able to do some downloading after 10 November:(

na that'll stay around for a good while, don't worry. all the best for your exams.

James Brown, B.B. King live at the Beverly Theatre. There's a weird dip in audio quality right after MJ sings, but it's on the last track and luckily not during MJ's improv, so it's a great listen. This is 192kbps vbr mp3 (lame encoded),

81042879lv8.jpg

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QOPSBV3C

James Brown, B.B. King live at the Beverly Theatre. There's a weird dip in audio quality right after MJ sings, but it's on the last track and luckily not during MJ's improv, so it's a great listen. This is 192kbps vbr mp3 (lame encoded),

81042879lv8.jpg

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QOPSBV3C
thanks a lot, mate. just had a good listen to it, not bad in quality.

Thanx bra! I figured I get myself a law degree for the next time they pull a fast one on Mike, lol.
f_laugh.gif
represent!

I loooooooooove James brown. :clap: I adore James Brown!! :wub:

w4.jpg

James Brown man..FREAKING GENIUS, i just cant help but imitate him always hahah, he was unique, i mean one of those persons like MJ you cant copy them, everybody will know you are imitating them... thats part of a genius as well, that uniqueness, AWESOME GENIUS

I just love his vibe, wow, wish Michael would have made it to his 73 too, JB had 73 when he died wasnt he..

I love James Brown and should take more time to get into him. My sister saw him a few years ago when he supported the Red hot chili peppers, she said he was amazing! I was toatally jealous! He he

I saw the Blues Brothers (the one from 1980) last night which was great timing as I had said to myself a few days ago that I'd love to see this film again & see the James Brown scene and the Ray Charles scene. I remember the first time I saw the film with my cousin. We laughed soooo much!

I love him..The Godfather of Soul and MJ's inspiration..that moment at the 2003 BET awards when MJ joined him onstage was like one of the best TV moments of all time!

We miss you James Brown!!!

[youtube]1aqXJYi8RQ0[/youtube]

Those of you who listen to rap might know this as Chubb Rock's Treat You Right.
[youtube]1fhbJ95C08A&fmt=18[/youtube]

one of the ten most influential and impacted artists ever imo.

a trendsetting groundbreaker that went funk,R&B,pop. he was the band-leader with vision and drive. always got the best.

I love James Brown! True legend of performing!

I want to know more about this man, and i wonder if somebody could recommend some books or some dvds for me to buy because i want to know his story.

Would be great guys. Thanks! :D

Back