Janet’s Rock Witchu Tour [All threads merged]

Monday, September 15, 2008
That Grape Juice holds contest for free Janet tickets

Entertainment news blog ThatGrapeJuice.net is holding a contest and giving away pairs of tickets to ten upcoming shows of the Rock Witchu Tour.

To enter the contest, fans must create a YouTube video explaining why they should win.

More details are available on ThatGrapeJuice.net.

http://www.janet-xone.com

Here's another thang, something so AWESOME!!! Check it out:

Tuesday, September 16, 2008
New look at screen work for the Rock Witchu Tour

Mtion graphics and interaction design company Transport, has posted a description and sample reel onto their website of the work they completed for the storyline videos that are projected onto the television screens during Janet's Rock Witchu Tour:

When onedotzero calls and asks you if you want to make some video to play back during a concert performance, and that performance will be done by one of the biggest pop stars of all time, and you get to pretty much do what you want...how the hell do you turn that down?

You don't. This was one of those projects that just showed up out of the blue and we had to take it.

The timeline was short (nearly 2 weeks). The technical constraints were different than we were used to (a grid of 56 different LED screens making a 30 foot wide and 16 foot tall wall of video), and we would be working blind for a portion coming up with whatever we wanted...which is weird coming from a client regardless of who they are.

After a last minute (meaning we found out the day before) trip to LA to shoot Janet Jackson on greenscreen, we huddled up for a couple days coming up with our plan and began rounding up assets. Once we received the footage from the shoot, we went into a production hole that we would only be able to emerge from once we were done. Many, many late nights later we had a solid round of content to present to Janet for approval.

Here's where some project explanation needs to happen. The whole show, which you should try to see if it comes near you, is based on a futuristic blade runner-like scenario, and there are forces battling for Janet's very soul. Our job was to turn Janet into good and evil versions of herself showing the struggle, but also be very techno-apocalyptic in style for both the good and evil characters...which according to Janet we nailed.

Some hefty sound design support was provided by the superstar Guy Baker over at Digital One.

http://www.janet-xone.com

You guys really gotta get out there and see Janet's show! Her stage is off the hook! When the curtain went up...and yes...a curtain literally went up...her stage lit up. Her stage changed colors. Her show was very futuristic. It made you feel like you were at the movies and almost like you were in a movie.

Between sets, one of her dancers was even moving around to music like that creature from Lord of the Rings. He was moving just like that creature with the big eyes!! That man was limber!

Her stage came half way out into the area. It was set up just like the stage was at the last BET Awards. Her run way was not a straight one as some writers will cause readers to think. Her stage came out into the audience as a huge square and she was dancing all around it so the concert goers could see her really, really good!

Janet was moving. She was constantly moving.

IT WAS A GREAT SHOW!! IT'S WORTH SEEING MORE THAN ONCE!!

:yes:

^ I will definitely go to see her if she just comes to Finland.. :yes:

Who in here is coming with me in D.C. @ the Verizon Center, October 15th to see Janet?!! I just bought tickets! :D I can't wait!!!!

Re: Janet’s Rock Witchu Tour [All threads merged]

FIRST SHOW IN VANCOUVER VIDEO FROM JD

Wow, Janet's still got a huge fan base to play to despite her lastest album not doing well. I'm impressed, and she still seems young like the Janet from 10yrs ago when I saw her Velvet Rope Tour.

Wait till you see her DANCE!!! That gurl can move those FEET!!!

Discipline @ Oakland

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=k0Hl7oltMsc

:smilerolleyes:
Dude was the PERFECT guy to pick! He had us all crackin' UP!!! Janet really had him GOIN'!!! He wanted to EAT HER UP like a Thanksgiving meal with all the trimmings!!!

When he closed he eyes to go to sleep that night, I bet all he saw was JANET JACKSON, JANET JACKSON, JANET JACKSON!!!

JJ really gave him some THANNNNNGS to remember!!!

:lol: :lol:

^^ Me toooo!

Thanks to everyone for sharing your concert stories. :flowers:

Yo by the way did ya'll know that Latoya and Jermine was at the LA show. Plus, Chris Tucker, Brett Ranther, Raven, T-Boz, Bow Wow and JD. I think i'am missing a couple of people that was there.....

I'm sure Janet is gonna give on of these guys a heart attack one of these days :bugeyed the look on their faces is like they are in pure agony with the torture LOL!

Last edited:

Oooohkaaayyy, this might be a long post you guys. but I have to tell you about my time at the concert, started out with a really lucky events, and DAMN it ended lucky!
So me and my twin sister get there around 5:30pm we get there and the line is just now beginning. So we're thinking cool the line has barely began, so we began talking to this woman and her two children they are fourteen the woman was named Kim, and the kids happen to be twins, she asked us where we were sitting, awe tell her 18B - Nose bleeds. So she looks at us and smile and says "Do you guys want floor tickets?" My sister was instantly, saying, "Are you serious?!?!?" she gave us two Floor tickets for FREE... we get inside the stadium and well we use the rest room and find out where we are sitting..

WE ARE SITTING INSIDE THE FREGGIN CAT WALK! :wild: :bugeyed

I had several panic attacks. A DJ came out and was mixing, it was so cool as soon as they started playing Michael's Wanna Be Starting Something, the crowd ERUPTED!!!!! it was like he was coming on stage or something! I loved it though! :clapping:2 hours later she came on stage, it was so futuristic, she was so damn beautiful my gosh! Flawles! I was in Section A row 9, seat 5 my sister was 4 :wild: I was so close to her I could practically touch her leg,. thats why they told us not to raise out hands out, I was almost shoulder to shoulder with the side of the cat walk...
One special highlight in the performance, Black cat, she started and well myself James and another guy stuck our hands out and she gave us fives! I am never washing my left hand ever again O_O I got hit with sweat multiple times from the dancers and herself!
The explosions were pretty awesome! I loved it except for the fact it scared me every time it happened. they had segments in between where you'd see her o the screen portraying a dark force and then portraying a light force almost like good vurses evil. It was great during te slow songs like Lets wait a while and Again, she wore this red cascading dress with half her back showing, her half of one shoulder exposed. Shes beautiful O_O

The night went well and doing Again and uhm Lets wait a while may have been a s song before then, the crowd gave her a standing ovation and well the inside the cat walk where we were were already standing, because of the acceptance among the fans, she started crying, her hands started shaking and she was crying Awwwwwww!
But other than that discipline was insane, the guy looked as if he was going to pass out O_O poor guy! even though I was in the front I wanted to see even closer so I grabbed my pair of bionoculars amnd zoomed up on the guys face and everything, poor guy looked like he was about to pass out :bugeyed Janet worked it for sure!

Wanna read anymore on my experience check out my blog later on today! :D! I'm writing ever freakin detail

26033847bj5.jpg

39111469cb0.jpg

71512741fs1.jpg

49048659eg0.jpg

11jn9.jpg

12fg6.jpg

13hx6.jpg

14yh5.jpg

16kb2.jpg

17we5.jpg

18yb4.jpg

19tw9.jpg

22dw3.jpg

25ot4.jpg
28hn6.jpg

30ar8.jpg
33qq5.jpg

I'm glad you guys had fun, BI. I'm tryin NOT to freak, but I can't HELP IT AH! :devil: WHY?!

And that stage set is soooooooooo retro. Let ME on there, Ms. Janet!!!!

Thanks for the pics, mickson!
Janet has some nice dresses.. I want to see her so badly! Come to Finland.................

Michelle you are sooooooooooooooo lucky, that was soooo funny that you manage to get floor seats! I can't wait till she comes to the UK! I think she will, it's a world tour right?

The Vegas concert was last Friday, Sept. 19th.

Thanks for the rundown, BI and the pics, to the poster who posted them.

Thanks for the pics thanks for the pics thanks for the PICSSSSSSSSS :wild: :wild: :wild:

I'm loving the outfits!

Back