Joe Jackson Dies, Aged 89 (27/06/18)

4DB4E4F300000578-0-image-a-1_1530151714769.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkjBW4Zn60a/?taken-by=parisjackson

parisjackson

RIP The HAWK. Joseph Jackson.

spending those last few moments with you were everything. being able to tell you everything i needed to tell you before saying goodbye was such a blessing. everyone that came to visit you, came with love, respect, and so much pride in their hearts for you. proud of you, proud to be your children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren, proud to have your strength and share the dynasty you spent your life creating, and proud to be a jackson. you are the first true jackson. the legend that started it all. none of us would be anywhere near where we’re at if it weren’t for you. you are the strongest man i know. your life’s work will go down in history, as will you, to be known as one of the greatest patriarchs to ever live. i will cherish every moment with you til the day i die, especially our last moments. being able to hold your hand, lay with you and cuddle you, give you kisses all over your cheeks and forehead, meant more to me than you’ll ever know. quoting advice you gave me when i was a little kid and seeing your eyes light up, sharing stories my dad used to tell me about you, telling a joke and hearing you laugh for the last time.. my heart is full knowing we left each other in that way. i made you promise me you’ll come visit me. you agreed and i’m going to hold you to it. and i promised you that we will keep telling your story, over and over. to never be forgotten. my great grandchildren will know who joseph jackson is. i love you grandpa. so so so much that words can’t describe. i have immense gratitude for you, and always will. we all feel that way. thank you for everything. truly. rest in peace and transition. i’ll see you in my dreams very very soon.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">IN MEMORY OF JOSEPH JACKSON: &quot;My father did always protect us and that’s no small feat... He looked after our interests in the best ways. He might have made a few mistakes along the way, but he always thought he was doing what was right for his family&quot; –Michael Jackson (Moonwalk) <a href="https://t.co/zNMKTfIcEm">pic.twitter.com/zNMKTfIcEm</a></p>&mdash; Michael Jackson (@michaeljackson) <a href="https://twitter.com/michaeljackson/status/1012073110848311297?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">27. Juni 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">THE END OF AN ERA-Rest well Joe, you've earned it. Without you there could not have been the J5, Michael, Janet, LaToya, Rebbie, and grands! <a href="https://t.co/NUOsVDBQyW">pic.twitter.com/NUOsVDBQyW</a></p>&mdash; Harrison Funk (@harrisonfunk) <a href="https://twitter.com/harrisonfunk/status/1012046809596874752?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">27. Juni 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A few weeks ago on Father’s Day I posted a picture of my great grandfather, my grandfather, my father and me as a child for Father’s Day. “The love never ends.” At the time I had no idea… <a href="https://t.co/1DLkJbTVJV">https://t.co/1DLkJbTVJV</a></p>&mdash; TARYLL Jackson (@tarylljackson) <a href="https://twitter.com/tarylljackson/status/1012055382687174657?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">27. Juni 2018</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thank you Grandpa for the amazing strength, determination and pride you showed this family. The Jackson legacy would not exist without you. <br>I lost a grandfather but heaven gained The Hawk. <a href="https://t.co/PagFmSW2Q6">https://t.co/PagFmSW2Q6</a></p>&mdash; Taj Jackson (@tajjackson3) <a href="https://twitter.com/tajjackson3/status/1012050308397240320?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">27. Juni 2018</a></blockquote>

Re: Joe Jackson dies aged 89

Now there are reports that Paris and Janet are arguing over the funeral because they both want to pay for it..

Now there are reports that Paris and Janet are arguing over the funeral because they both want to pay for it..

Janet should pay for it as she is the daughter. But really the Jacksons need to get a grip and come together in this tough time.

It's nobodies business who pays for what..It's a tough time for the family,and let's respect that please

It was reported that Jackson was in the last stages of terminal cancer. His son, singer Jermaine Jackson confirmed the news to China.org.cn and said, "It's sad because he is our hero and he's the reason why the Jackson 5, The Jacksons, Janet Jackson, and Michael Jackson became global superstars, it's because of my father's vision to see what we all could become. Joe is our hero."
Joe Jackson died just two days after the ninth anniversary of Michael Jackson's sudden death on June 25, 2009, which shocked and saddened the music industry and music lovers around the world.
China.org.cn met Joe Jackson in Las Vegas in 2014 where he expressed his willingness to visit China, "Over the years fans never cease to amaze me with their love and dedication to keeping my son's legacy alive. I will make it a point to come and visit Chinese fans in China."

http://www.china.org.cn/arts/2018-06/28/content_53813916.htm

There is zero chance Janet would want to pay for this. The report is completely false. The estate paid for his medical bills and will pay for his funeral. I am sure all the jacksons who made the trip to Las Vegas will send the bills to the estate for reimbursement as they consider this a "family gathering" and they always make sure that the estate pays for their gatherings.

Makes janet look good making it out shes fighting to pay the bills.radar is full of crap so who knows the origin of the story.greasy brown?

As said above its been confirmed that yet again the estate paid to bring joe back from brazil and paid his medical bills etc.

A Thank you and farewell from Management
by Angel Howansky on June 28, 2018

Our final post from the management of the late Joseph Jackson. A kinder, gentler and truthful friend in his later years, you could not ask for. With his quick smile and contagious laughter, he spent the last years of his life, living as he wanted, a free spirit, a leo in the wild. A special thanks to some of the many people who were instrumental in his later life:

Slide-0-4.jpg

Charles Gael Coupet, who treated him as the father he never had. In later years goals are not meant to be reached but serve simply as something to aim at. He created a plethora of them to keep him active: Going to the Vegas swap meet, traveling on cruises, eating endless lunches, getting lost intentionally with wrong directions to create an adventure out of a car trip, attending red carpets, award ceremonies, cinemas, and countless trips to home depot for house improvement pet projects. He did this almost every single day for three years in an effort to prevent him from wasting away in front of a TV screen.

Slide-5.jpg

Jasmin Jones, his wonderful assistant, who met him during a random Las Vegas accident. And unbeknownst to her, helped this old gentleman unconditionally, staying by his side until the ambulance arrived. She proceeded to work for him, dedicating the last two years by his side, sacrificing thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter holidays to make sure Mr. Jackson never spent them alone. We thank your family for their understanding.

Slide-1-4.jpg

To the Estate of Michael Jackson, Howard Weitzman, John Branca and John McClain, who had the fortitude to see past Mr. Jackson&#8217;s earlier statements, and without question, came to his rescue. They covered all his health costs, flying him back to the US from Brazil and continued to provide the best care for him possible, without which he would have long since departed from us.

Slide-2-4.jpg

To his Medical staff: Dr. Wafaa Alrashid, Dr. Tammara Beeghly, Dr. Darville Knowles and Dentist Dr. Jennifer Cha, Thank you ! Shannon Jones, RN (Registered Nurse), for going beyond the call of duty, nursing Mr. Jackson back to health after his stroke in Brazil and continuing her proactive service over the years by making multiple trips from Los Angeles to Las Vegas just to check on him.

Friends: Juliana and her husband Brian Rast of Las Vegas, for not only organizing his 87th birthday celebration at their private residence, allowing all invited guests to come, eat, drink and enjoy everything for free but also covering all expenses unconditionally. Odie and Sharron Anderson of Chicago, for hosting his 89th birthday party in a like fashion at their private residence. Richard Nilsson (who stood by his side during his Brazil health scare, sleeping on the floor of the hospital throughout the whole ordeal), Madame Thao, Dieter Wiesner, Fabian Vincent, Paul Padda, Ralf Sesselberg, Solange Ghonda , Simon Sahouri , John Taylor.

To the Premsrirut family, Joe&#8217;s extended family in Las Vegas! Thank you for opening up your lives and home to him. It meant a lot to him to count you all as family. Janet Smith, for, always providing a liaison to his family, going out of her way to make certain he was able to reconnect with his brother Lawrence, weeks before he passed.

PicsArt_06-28-03.44.46.png

Patricia Diaz (caregiver), who provided caring services for Mr. Jackson up until the last week when he was taken to the hospital. Your dedication to this man, whom you treated as if he was your father, was unparalleled. He confided in you stuff he would not even tell the medics, because of the incredible bound you built. We will forever be thankful for your services.

General Staff: Geneva Santiago (Masseur), Mayberry Maids (cleaners) , Lerisa Smith (cook), At your service home care, Thank you.

Last and most important of all, to his wife Katherine Jackson, who stood steadfast by his side, wanting only what was best for her husband, providing for him indirectly during many lean years without his knowledge. In all things of life, words run miles but actions run marathons. Hers produced interludes in a melody so vast and eternal that human ears could never appreciate the tonal range of the symphony.

&#8220;It is what it is; it ain&#8217;t what it ain&#8217;t and it ain&#8217;t what it could be.&#8221; &#8230; Joseph Jackson

To our dear friend, rest in peace, you will be missed.

PicsArt_06-28-01.16.58.jpg

PicsArt_06-28-01.13.08.jpg

Joe-2018.jpg

https://www.jwjackson.com/a-thank-you-and-farewell-from-management/

Makes janet look good making it out shes fighting to pay the bills.radar is full of crap so who knows the origin of the story.greasy brown?

As said above its been confirmed that yet again the estate paid to bring joe back from brazil and paid his medical bills etc.

And gives the black community another chance to drag MJ's kids and hate on them. I am sorry to say this but I cannot believe the level of hate and resentment the black community has for the three of them. I guess LSA does speak for the black community at least to a certain degree. Some black folks are not any less racist than redneck whites especially when it comes to MJ's kids.

So what I mean is yes I think they are MJs biological children but it is not so strange if they don&#8217;t know what Joseph was really like back then.

Surely it's not unreasonable to expect a certain level of decency and kindness from people who claim to hold dear a man who sang about love, brotherhood and harmony among all people. A man who did recall the painful memories of his childhood and the omissions of his father, but who also acknowledged more than once understanding his father's circumstances, the forgiveness he had for him and the sound relationship they were enjoying. That is why I find it rather ridiculous for certain fans to hold unending grudges against Joe, when his son, the one directly affected by his father's actions and inactions, had already forgiven him. Not only that, but I find disturbing the absolute lack of compassion when talking about a departed man. If people cannot have respect for the man's life, then at least grant some for his death.

AND, on top of it all, to go and insult Michael's own son is downright outrageous. It's absurd for fans to think they know and understand Michael's circumstances better than his own family. One day, this kind of vicious discourse against the family may come back to haunt some people. The ones who thought they had the right to curse Michael's dead father, his son and his entire family just because they thought they knew better because they had bought his records, attended his concerts or supported him during his trials, however kind that might have been.

I'm convinced that if Michael were alive, he would be livid and disgusted with the attitude shown by some of his fans. Unfortunately, he wouldn't be surprised, nor would he express that disgust too directly either. He was too kind and too much of a gentleman to do that. Fortunately or not, I'm not that lady-like, therefore I don't like to hold back when I feel that the circumstances call for it.

God rest Joe Jackson's soul and protect the family from the misguided wrath of some who claim to stand for love.

Last edited by a moderator:

I would caution VERY strongly against such language and the sentiments behind them. I realize many people only care about Michael and what they considered to be his well being based on what they knew of his struggles. They have no interest whatsoever in his extended family, in either his parents and siblings or his children. Fair enough, it's their prerogative as fans. I also realize many are not religious and don't hold any conviction about the afterlife. But to have such words about Michael's dead father and his own son it's all a bit too much.

Surely it's not unreasonable to expect a certain level of decency and kindness from people who claim to hold dear a man who sang about love, brotherhood and harmony among all people. A man who did recall the painful memories of his childhood and the omissions of his father, but who also acknowledged more than once understanding his father's circumstances, the forgiveness he had for him and the sound relationship they were enjoying. That is why I find it rather ridiculous for certain fans to hold unending grudges against Joe, when his son, the one directly affected by his father's actions and inactions, had already forgiven him. Not only that, but I find disturbing the absolute lack of compassion when talking about a departed man. If people cannot have respect for the man's life, then at least grant some for his death.

AND, on top of it all, to go and insult Michael's own son is downright outrageous. It's absurd for fans to think they know and understand Michael's circumstances better than his own family. One day, this kind of vicious discourse against the family may come back to haunt some people. The ones who thought they had the right to curse Michael's dead father, his son and his entire family just because they thought they knew better because they had bought his records, attended his concerts or supported him during his trials, however kind that might have been.

I'm convinced that if Michael were alive, he would be livid and disgusted with the attitude shown by some of his fans. Unfortunately, he wouldn't be surprised, nor would he express that disgust too directly either. He was too kind and too much of a gentleman to do that. Fortunately or not, I'm not that lady-like, therefore I don't like to hold back when I feel that the circumstances call for it.

God rest Joe Jackson's soul and protect the family from the misguided wrath of some who claim to stand for love.

Thank You...

Prince is correct, Michael never said that Joe ABUSED him. Michael said that Joe whipped him. Oprah said &#8220;did he beat you&#8221;? Michael answered yes. In the black community, the words &#8220;whipping&#8221; and &#8220;beat&#8221; are sometimes used synonymously. The media is the one who used the word that Joe abused Michael. Janet said that Joe hit her with a belt as she got out of the bathtub .All of the brothers have said that Joe hit or whipped them. The media never used the word abuse when Janet or her other siblings
Talked about their whippings or beatings.

Another thing is that Prince is correct again, when he said that Joe raised Michael and his siblings correct or they would have been in gangs. Michael has said that and so have the others. Prince is repeating what his father has said. Therefore, why are you SOME of you fans calling Prince dumb?

No one is saying that Joe was perfect, but, Michael had forgiven his father. WTF, should fans jump all over Prince for grieving for his grandfather? It&#8217;s what
Michael would have done if he were alive. Damn, this was Michael&#8217;s father, and Prince, Paris and Bigi&#8217;s GRANDFATHER. They are Not &#8220;shitting&#8221; on Michael&#8217;s legacy by honoring their grandfather. SMDH at some of you.

Last edited:
Yuuup Joe turned his children into stars......but there was a price which cannot be sugar coated.....How Joe Jackson Made—and Broke—Michael Jackson https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-joe-jackson-made-and-broke-michael-jackson?ref=scroll

"In regards to Joe Jackson’s legacy, there are two undeniable truths: Joe Jackson was the catalyst for the remarkable success of the Jackson family, and he was also responsible for doing irrevocable damage to that family. We can’t pretend that he’s just a victim of his time—he was a calculating bully. His children’s scars are real and they have stayed with them. He was also a man who wanted something more for his family. He achieved that. That’s nothing to gloss over. We should recognize that vision. And we must acknowledge his role in building an entertainment empire. But I hope we also acknowledge that to make the King of Pop, he didn’t have to break Michael Jackson."

somewhereinthedark;4224950 said:
Prince is correct, Michael never said that Joe ABUSED him. Michael said that Joe whipped him. Oprah said &#8220;did he beat you&#8221;? Michael answered yes. In the black community, we use words &#8220;whipping&#8221; and &#8220;beat&#8221; synonymously. The media is the one who used the word that Joe abused Michael. Janet said that Joe hit her with a belt as she got out of the bathtub .All of the brothers have said that Joe hit or whipped them. The media never used the word abuse when Janet or her other siblings
Talked about their whippings or beatings.

Another thing is that Prince is correct again, when he said that Joe raised Michael and his siblings correct or they would have been in gangs. Michael has said that and so have the others. Prince is repeating what his father has said. Therefore, why are you SOME of you fans calling Prince dumb?

No one is saying that Joe was perfect, but, Michael had forgiven his father. WTF, should fans jump all over Prince for grieving for his grandfather? It&#8217;s what
Michael would have done if he were alive. Damn, this was Michael&#8217;s father, and Prince, Paris and Bigi&#8217;s GRANDFATHER. They are Not &#8220;shitting&#8221; on Michael&#8217;s legacy by honoring their grandfather. SMDH at some of you.

This is pretty stupid thinking. Beating your children is not the only way to not have them be in gangs. Please stop with the revisionist bullshit. Prince cannot even comment on his father's experience with Joe because he did not have that upbringing because MJ made sure what he did to him would never happen to his own children. Also, Michael did say Joe abused him. Yes without Joe we would not have had MJ but trying to justify his shitty behaviour just because he is dead is very weird to me.

Prince is cursing MJ's fans for their disdain for Joe.

I think its because he along with the other grandchildren he were never exposed to what MJ and his siblings endured with Joe. So of course he is gonna see him in a totally different and positive light. And along with the 2005 trial, I'm sure MJ didn't tell them everything about his complicated relationship with Joe....a man who wouldn't allow him or his siblings to call him "Dad"......and yet Joh'Vonnie who was his illegitimate child and whom he lavished with love, money and gifts could without fear. I have also seen this with my own family, when my grandmother died. To me as a child she was wonderful.....it wasn't only later when I was older, that I found out how cruel she was towards my mother.

This is pretty stupid thinking. Beating your children is not the only way to not have them be in gangs. Please stop with the revisionist bullshit. Prince cannot even comment on his father's experience with Joe because he did not have that upbringing because MJ made sure what he did to him would never happen to his own children. Also, Michael did say Joe abused him. Yes without Joe we would not have had MJ but trying to justify his shitty behaviour just because he is dead is very weird to me.

I just don't like how it makes MJ look.....hanging him out to dry like that. And some people forget Joe that continued this way when they became famous....he crossed over that line, so it went beyond 'discipline'. And yes MJ may have forgiven him......in order to move on and......but he didn't forget, hence leaving Joe out of ALL his wills and keeping a distance from him and various members of his family, at the end of his life.

Last edited:

Prince is cursing MJ's fans for their disdain for Joe.

Prince is doing the absolute right thing by defending his grandfather from the so called fake MJ fans such as yourself, who love to always hate on the Jackson family. I'm proud of him and Michael would be too, if he was alive today. Prince knows his grandfather better than any of us, so stop hating on him for standing up for his grandfather. Joe wasn't perfect and he did beat up his kids a lot, as we all know. But Prince never saw that side of him. He only saw the mellowed down version of Joe Jackson, and not the strict disciplinary father that Michael & his siblings got to see. And let's not forget Michael loved his father and forgave him, so who the hell are you to talk **** about Joe? You don't like him? Fine! But don't hate on him at this time or those that are paying tributes to him.

Without Joe Jackson, there would be no Michael Jackson. Regardless of how talented Michael was, he wouldn't have even been a music artist, if it weren't for Joe. Joe was the architect behind the success of Michael Jackson. I know it isn't easy for you, but try not to let your emotions get in the way of facts.

SmoothGangsta;4224952 said:

It&#8217;s obvious that whipping your children is not the way to keep your kids out of gongs. That IS some pretty stupid thinking. Btw, no one is trying to justify how Joe raised his children. I&#8217;m just telling you that is the way some parents raised their kids in those days. I think it is ignorant that some people think that they can tell Prince what he can say about his grandfather in his time of grief. That would be like me or someone else not in your family, trying to tell you how to say something about your deceased loved one. Damn, I know we love Michael, but to have the audacity to tell his son how he is supposed to tribute or grief for his OWN grandfather, not yours or mine, is too freaking much. WE(you or me) don&#8217;t have that RIGHT. Again, I am not trying to justify how Joe raised his children, I am saying that some of you are just taking this thing too far, when you attack Michael&#8217;s SON on how he tributes his grandfather. Fans can feel like they want to about Joe Jackson, just show respect to MICHAEL&#8217;s children on how THEY tribute their grandfather. This is a disgusting way to show your love for Michael by attacking his son, just because Prince chooses not to talk negatively about his deceased grandfather.

Prince is doing the absolute right thing by defending his grandfather from the so called fake MJ fans such as yourself, who love to always hate on the Jackson family. I'm proud of him and Michael would be too, if he was alive today. Prince knows his grandfather better than any of us, so stop hating on him for standing up for his grandfather. Joe wasn't perfect and he did beat up his kids a lot, as we all know. But Prince never saw that side of him. He only saw the mellowed down version of Joe Jackson, and not the strict disciplinary father that Michael & his siblings got to see. And let's not forget Michael loved his father and forgave him, so who the hell are you to talk **** about Joe? You don't like him? Fine! But don't hate on him at this time or those that are paying tributes to him.

Without Joe Jackson, there would be no Michael Jackson. Regardless of how talented Michael was, he wouldn't have even been a music artist, if it weren't for Joe. Joe was the architect behind the success of Michael Jackson. I know it isn't easy for you, but try not to let your emotions get in the way of facts.

He used to take 5-year old MJ to strip clubs to perform and fill his pockets with money while mocking his looks and destroying his self-esteem. MJ made it big because he had the talent and the perseverance unlike his brothers who lived off him for the rest of their lives along with their offspring. Now everyone in that family is fine with how Joe treated mj because it was the misery and suffering of MJ that made him the genius he was and secured them financially for life. Always expecting MJ to provide for them because according to them and to some of you Joe, Katherine and the siblings made him and as such all of them are entitled to his money and fame. Of course they will not admit that MJ's misery and poor choices in life have their roots in how he was treated as a child. The Jacksons take credit for "creating" MJ but blame everyone else but themselves for MJ's early demise. MJ forgave Jordan Chandler do you think the fans forgave him just because MJ did so? Joe Jackson was the root of all the problems that MJ faced during his lifetime. This is a fact that no sane person would deny.

I did not attack Joe at all until that ignorant video of Prince. Frankly speaking I could not care any less about Joe. I am mad at Prince's ignorance and the fact that he has joined his family in attacking MJ's fans agian because of his desperation to be accepted by them. MJ forgave Joe for his peace of mind but he never forgot the abuse and to have the family now rewrite history and say what Joe did was right is disgusting and inexcusable.

Since Joe kept them out of street and jail. Do you consider the jackson siblings to be role models by any means? all of them except Marlon were deadbeat fathers. If it were not for MJ Tito's sons would not have continued their education because after Dee Dee divorced Tito he refused to support them financially. Now look at them praising him like he was the best dad anyone could dream of. I wonder if life was not nice to them and MJ did not step up to help them, would they think the same of Tito? The same goes for Jermaine kids and Randy's. MJ's money kept that family "tight" because ever since MJ left their group they have clinged to Katherine ALL OF THEM the father and the siblings and the grandchildren to continue to enjoy MJ's money. They cannot afford not to be the "tight-knit" family they claim to be otherwise they will be ruined financially. I wonder how many of them were willing to support Joe and pay his medical bills if it were not for mi's estate? I bet none.

Last edited:
somewhereinthedark;4224965 said:
It&#8217;s obvious that whipping your children is not the way to keep your kids out of gongs. That IS some pretty stupid thinking. Btw, no one is trying to justify how Joe raised his children. I&#8217;m just telling you that is the way some parents raised their kids in those days. I think it is ignorant that some people think that they can tell Prince what he can say about his grandfather in his time of grief. That would be like me or someone else not in your family, trying to tell you how to say something about your deceased loved one. Damn, I know we love Michael, but to have the audacity to tell his son how he is supposed to tribute or grief for his OWN grandfather, not yours or mine, is too freaking much. WE(you or me) don&#8217;t have that RIGHT. Again, I am not trying to justify how Joe raised his children, I am saying that some of you are just taking this thing too far, when you attack Michael&#8217;s SON on how he tributes his grandfather. Fans can feel like they want to about Joe Jackson, just show respect to MICHAEL&#8217;s children on how THEY tribute their grandfather. This is a disgusting way to show your love for Michael by attacking his son, just because Prince chooses not to talk negatively about his deceased grandfather.

I'm not trying to tell prince what to say about his grandfather. I'm merely giving my opinion on what he said. I think what he said was pretty ignorant and stupid. Joe did not raise them the right way or anything to that affect. It seems he is following the Jackson family in bigging up a man who was abusive and mean, especially to his own father. It makes me think that Prince maybe doesn't understand MJ as much as he likes to think he does. As I've said he cannot comment on MJ's upbringing because MJ made sure he never saw that. He really needs some perspective.

Last edited:
SmoothGangsta;4225028 said:
I'm not trying to tell prince what to say about his grandfather. I'm merely giving my opinion on what he said. I think what he said was pretty ignorant and stupid. Joe did not raise them the right way or anything to that affect. It seems he is following the Jackson family in bigging up a man who was abusive and mean, especially to his own father. It makes me think that Prince maybe doesn't understand MJ as much as he likes to think he does. As I've said he cannot comment on MJ's upbringing because MJ made sure he never saw that. He really needs some perspective.

No, it&#8217;s ignorant and stupid to get mad at what a grandson feels like saying about his grandfather in his time of grief. I&#8217;ve never heard anything like this in my life; strangers, albeit MJ fans, having the audacity to tell a grandson, Michael&#8217;s son, how to grieve. Michael forgave his father. We, the fans, don&#8217;t have to. But we sure the hell don&#8217;t have right to tell a FAMILY member how to respond. Let me repeat that statement, We sure the hell don&#8217;t have the right to tell Prince or any of the other grandchildren how to respond to Joe&#8217;s death.

somewhereinthedark;4225031 said:
No, it&#8217;s ignorant and stupid to get mad at what a grandson feels like saying about his grandfather in his time of grief. I&#8217;ve never heard anything like this in my life; strangers, albeit MJ fans, having the audacity to tell a grandson, Michael&#8217;s son, how to grieve. Michael forgave his father. We, the fans, don&#8217;t have to. But we sure the hell don&#8217;t have right to tell a FAMILY member how to respond. Let me repeat that statement, We sure the hell don&#8217;t have the right to tell Prince or any of the other grandchildren how to respond to Joe&#8217;s death.

I don't agree with you at all. I already said I'm just giving my opinion on his comments. I feel you are very much simplifying what he said and not looking at the implications of it at all. I'd also like to clarify I get that he has just lost someone close to him, and that can make you say stuff that you might think is not what you wanted to say later. But I still feel like I'm allowed to say what I think about his statements.

Last edited:

Blissfully ignoring Michael's own forgiveness of his father lol... Blues Away must be drinking the Koolaid themselves

MJ forgave Joe in an attempt to save his own sanity, not to alleviate him of any blame or guilt.

I’ve been quiet on this, but I agree with those who say who are we to tell the Jackson family how to grieve, react to the death of their father/grandfather? I lost my father a few years back and I’d be damned if someone is going to tell me how to grieve for my father! It’s my life, my business, not yours! And that’s the same for the Jacksons in regards to we the fans.

Back