June 25th... 6 years missing Michael

I bought roses for you again this year along with so many many others.
I have to work tomorrow and am going to somehow get through the day and keep it together with a smile on my face pretending I'm okay. But I won't be. So I'll cry tonight instead and tomorrow try to focus on the fact we had you with us to inspire us, to spread your love and you message of unity and hope. And your glorious music and performances. How lucky we were...
We love you and miss you always.

BEAUTIFUL.jpg

I always dread this day whenever it comes up. Every year I just dwell on how incredibly close he was to the start of the concerts in London and witnessing the dream of having his kids watch him perform come true. That's why every year I make it a point to watch "This Is It" after a marathon of every short film Michael has ever made (thank you "Vision" DVD!). Ever since I started being an MJ fan at the age of 6 I made it a point to listen to every song he's ever made every August 29 (which is now impossible to confine to one day thanks to all the material that has come to light in the last few years) so I thought it would be logical to watch everything he's ever done on the anniversary of his death.

We love you forever, Michael.

Vh1 India ?@Vh1India

We have something super awesome lined up for you on June 25th! Stay tuned for more! #Vh1RemembersMJ
CILnZGDWsAA5PWe.jpg

Questlove Gomez ?@questlove

5 Years Ago I started this tribute on the 3rd Thursday of June. I wish I didn't have to. But spinning Michael Jackson's music is a DJs ultimate rush. Make babysitter plans now. RT now. Reserve your lane now. For this is the best party at @BrooklynBowl's #BowlTrain Bowlers will hum along and dance. Dancers will "whooNheee". Producers and music heads will try hard to figure "How did he get THAT version!?!?" (& I've upped my stem collection in the past year so *air horn*) June 25th 2010 my favorite entertainer went to the afterlife, tomorrow night we will celebrate his art. #MichaelJackson 11pm.

https://instagram.com/p/4VU0phwa9Y/

Brenda Harvey Richie ‏@BrendaRichie

Nicole with her Godfather, and Christopher Rogers! Love this picture. Michael was so happy!
CIUicxPVAAAUq5s.jpg

michael bearden ‏@MichaelBearden 3 h ago

This exact day & time 6 years ago me & MJ were having dinner talking about show details before rehearsal. Miss him! … http://www.whosay.com/l/mOsaJlY

| Even the stars disappear and the shadows devour the moonlight ... |

(I'll Be There)

LOVE link that joins Michael Jackson and his fans can never be broken.
This video aims to show the world that regardless of the distance or the circumstances, never cease to be an unusually strong connection between Michael Jackson and his fans.

How it affected the lives of each one of them around the world is something that we will never know, none of us, however, it will be the same as before, since he played in heart and soul, lifting us to ecstasy apex through his unusual love and his singular talent.

It was also my personal way to tell how it was (is) important as a human being to me, as I like him and his examples, and how it will never be forgotten.

I produced a few things throughout life, no, all brought me greater satisfaction than to have been able to build this video for Michael.
On the day falling six years of his unexpected departure this video is published for all those who share the same pain and longing that I and also to those who felt touched by Michael somehow.

https://youtu.be/yR4RH2ZMVHw

6 years ago today

Hi there, my name's Sean. I'm 24 years old, and I've got autism. Where were you and/or what were you doing 6 years ago today? :(

Thanks,
Sean

Travis Payne ?@ItsTravisPayne June 25th

RIPMJ

CIUvQjtVAAAbo9a.jpg

Jermaine Jackson ?@jermjackson5

Toughest day of year lies ahead tomorrow, for us all. Our tears are drops of love in Michael's name. Our smiles are for the memories.

I'll be joining some of you at Forest Lawn to pay my respects, from noon. In our remembrance, family & fans are one.

truly the greatest artist of all time and also a truly beautiful, amazing person. he will be remembered for years and years and years. RIP the true king of it all. I love you.

June 25th.....always a poignant day...I'll never forget that dreadful evening back in 2009,I was watching TV and thinking I may go to bed soon as I was up early for work the next morning,A mate text me simply saying "Sky News" I switched over immediately to see what was happening and the breaking news was just starting to filter through that Michael had been taken to hospital.

Rumours of all sorts across different news channels were rife to what actually was the situation,I sat there in disbelief,just hoping that the worst stories were untrue as this nightmare played out late into the night.
When confirmation of the tragedy which had unfolded was confirmed,I just sat ther numb,I felt physically sick to think that Michael Jackson,the guy who had brought me so much joy through his music was gone.
A beautiful human being who had been mistreated most of his life,a man who hadn't deserved such ill treatment from the media and more importantly,those around him.

I sat up the rest of the night in stunned silence just staring at the TV until it was time to go to work,I still don't know how I managed to get through the next day.

Anyway,to finish on a positive,Michael is no longer with us and we all miss him greatly,the world is not the same without him but his legacy will live on forever,long after we are all gone and he will be enjoyed by millions more the world over who will appreciate his genius.

R.I.P. M.J.

Last edited:
This is nicely done

CIVVjB6UkAQWik2.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately due to my restricted free time I can't really be active here at this lovely forum at the moment, however my love for you, Michael, has never ceased and it will never will, I'm sure about that. There are still days where I think of that faithful day and how much I still miss you...Your loss is something the planet will never be able to fully compensate. However I can only repeat what most other posters have already said, the music, the work you left behind for us will never die - and I'm glad I'll be forever able to honour you with it. As long as people put on your music - and I'm confident they will for hundreds of years to come - your spirit, your soul will live on among us.
And we know that's you wanted - "Through it, my music, I know I will live forever"

Love you forever and always!
Nonoka from Germany :)

it was on a Thursday too right? back in that shi**y 2009
this year anniversary seems kind odd because of that..."flashback"

still remember that day in 2009 too well and how i felt those days.

miss you, mj!

June 25th was most likely the most traumatic experience in my life. And I have been through quite a bit.

It started as such a joyful Thursday. It was the end of the day in Europe and I was about to go to bed after taking a shower. But before doing so I just checked my mails and of course this forum, as I have been doing dayly ever since the TII anouncement. Somebody wrote about Michael being transfered to the hospital. I didn't feel worried about it as it wasn't the first time he had gone to see a doctor. And with all the false rumours in Michael's life I was used to a great deal of exageration. But just for the sake of it I turned on the TV, to see if anything was being reported on any of the news chanels. It was about 22.00 o'clock and I believe there was only a short notice about it flying from one side of the TV screen to the other side. Nothing big. But soon after the short notice became longer and another news chanel started to mention it as well and I became slightly worried. Not really worried that something serious might have happened to Michael, but that the first show that I was supposed to attend was going to be pushed back one more time. The thought that something serious might have happened to Michael didn't really occure to me. That scenario was impossible in my eyes, nothing serious could ever happen to Michael, at least not in my lifetime, regardless of the fact that I was 20 years younger than him.

I sent a message to my friend with whom I was supposed to go and see the concert. She wasn't home and responded in a very calm manner where I had read the news. She didn't have acces to the internet and wasn't anywhere near the TV screen so I became her messanger for the next hour or so, can't really remember. By this time two major TV news channels began mentioning the hospital thing regularly and I became worried. This was no tabloid press speaking, this was Sky News and CNN. By the time they mentioned that he was possibly in a coma my head started hurting. I didn't really believe that he was really in a coma. I thought it was the same story again, as already happened in 1995 in NY when he was supposed to do that HBO special that I was supposed to attend as well (!).

It became very tense. I was running from my living room, where I tried to follow the news on the TV, to my working room, where my computer was (I didn't have wi-fi at that time) so I could follow the forum, in between I tried to write messages to my friend who didn't have a clue and explain her the happening (which was difficult as I didn't really know what was going on. Then, I believe it was on Sky News, I saw it for the first time, the news that some repports were saying he had passed. This is when I started to panic. As I didn't fully trust what Sky News was saying in general I switched between over to CNN which seemed to me a more formal News channel. They were now repporting on Michael full time and life, still speaking about a coma. Then I first saw the news on CNN, I can still see that grey haired guy with a grey beard, that some repports were saying that he had passed but that there still wasn't any official confirmation, it was as if he was trying to calm everybody down. When CNN confirmed it, that's when I had a total breakdown (the first one of several in 2009). I'm not a crying type of guy but this one had me completely broken down, crying, screaming that this can't be happening. My neighbours were probably wondering what on earth was happening. My dog didn't have a clue either.

To this day I still can't think of anything else that would shock me so profoundly and destroy such a big part of me. By far the worst day of my life.

I can't believe it's been 6 years..:no: I always think of Mary Frye's beautiful poem on this day. I like to think Michael would tell us these words if he could..

"Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die."

I love you Michael.. you'll always be alive in my heart :heart: love never dies..

A year ago I visited Forest Lawn and wanted to leave him a painting I made with that poem on it as close to him as possible.. but a few minutes after I put it up next to the entrance doors, out of nowhere it fell and shattered the glass :( symbolic I guess..

39TBpVN.jpg

I wrote this up like, 4 years ago? Essentially how I experienced this day:

It was Friday the 26th of June 2009 (Being New Zealand, we’re like a day ahead of USA) and it was second period at school. I was doing Maths and we had a substitute teaching us. I was at the front of the class doing some work he gave us and it was around 10:50 (Interval/Recess started at 11am) when I started hearing some people say “OH MY GOD, did you hear? Michael Jacksons just died?!” Of course, I took no notice about it because so much rumors go on about him and I wanted to finish off my maths work since I was bored and had no one to talk to. Then at interval, a friend approached me and told that he had INDEED died and that his English teacher (and the rest of the class) spent pretty much all of the English period crowded around her laptop, reading about his death. I didn’t believe him either so I got out my mobile phone and went onto a local news website. The headline?

“Pop Star, Michael Jackson, dead at 50”.

And believe it or not, it actually started to rain (which it did for the rest of the day). NO-ONE stopped going on about for the rest of the day (Apparently, someone at my mums work ran up the staircase, into the office and screamed out to the whole workplace “MICHAEL JACKSON HAS JUST DIED!”). Finally, it got to Assembly which was just after lunchtime (We have interval, then another hour of lessons, then lunch). At the end, the school orchestra played Thriller to which one of our deputy principals or whatnot went up to the podium and said “And that was dedicated to Michael Jackson, who passed away earlier this morning” (9.26am New Zealand time to be precise). Then, this f**ker next to me called [redacted] (Honestly, no one actually liked him. He was very annoying) said “HAHA, That pedo got what he asked for!” or something like that. I elbowed him hard in the stomach. The teachers didn’t hear or notice because people were applauding the orchestra. It felt good.

I remember walking out of the school gate that day and saying to my friend “Wow… it feels… sort of… different or wierd… doesn’t it?” He agreed. Every few people I’d pass by, I’d hear his name. Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson. I got home and I threw my bag onto the ground and went onto my families laptop. I was on there for an hour, just reading all the info about him. I asked my grandmother, who came over for a quick visit, if she had heard that Michael Jackson had died. She did and she had heard it on the radio earlier. I remember YouTube had on their homepage the top part set aside for his short films, Twitter had exploded, Facebook too with many friends posting “RIP” statues. Some even changing their profile pictures to him. He exploded on the iTunes charts too. This was only six hours after he was announced dead. I then did my chores, of course listening to his music on my iPod (which I had been listening to for quite a bit since early 08ish when I got my iPod in Hollywood).

Finally, the 6pm news started and of course, he was the biggest thing on there. Hell, he took up a good 20ish minutes of the entire show (there was only 20 minutes for the other news, 10 minutes for sports news and 10 minutes for weather). I remember listening to his music that night and for the first time that day, I was happy. I truly do believe he united the world through his music. Twitter was timing out, facebook didn’t update, every news website took ages to load, even Google blocked searching for his name because they thought it was a cyber attack on them to slow down their servers (Which ultimately it did). The Internet truly came to a stand still and many people have reported that that had never happened before. Internet traffic also suddenly went up a shit load too. Many experts agreed that they had NEVER seen anything like this.

I remember at like… 10:30 pm, I was in bed watching my TV (this was before I got a laptop and started to stay up late). I switched the channel to C4 (which back then, was a music channel in New Zealand). They were playing MJ’s top 40 songs. I managed to get the last 10-15 music videos. I remember time flying by and me just being glued to the screen until midnight when it stopped playing his music videos. I also discovered the song “Smooth Criminal” for the first time and God, did I love it. It was #2 or #3 on the countdown and I was quite disappointed to find it wasn’t on my only MJ album, HIStory (I bought it a while after on iTunes however). I then sat quietly in bed and thought over that day. At 9.26AM New Zealand time, one of the worlds greatest legends of all time had passed away. I didn’t cry. I don’t know why. I guess I was still in shock. Mind you, I was sad. The very first time in my life that I felt really sad that someone had died (No-one famous who I had taken a liking to had a died before).

Despite of my busy day... I cant help but browse through the internet and remember our Michael. Its been 6 years but its still hard to accept and still painful.

I remember everything that day, what I was wearing, what I was doing, etc. Around 1:30 pm my time, I heard the news about Farrah dying (Ed McMann died that Tuesday) and I said "It is going to be one more celeb to die (death comes in 3's). I would have NEVER thought it would have been MJ. I cried for four months. It is still surreal.

Unfortunately due to my restricted free time I can't really be active here at this lovely forum at the moment, however my love for you, Michael, has never ceased and it will never will, I'm sure about that. There are still days where I think of that faithful day and how much I still miss you...Your loss is something the planet will never be able to fully compensate. However I can only repeat what most other posters have already said, the music, the work you left behind for us will never die - and I'm glad I'll be forever able to honour you with it. As long as people put on your music - and I'm confident they will for hundreds of years to come - your spirit, your soul will live on among us.
And we know that's you wanted - "Through it, my music, I know I will live forever"

Love you forever and always!
Nonoka from Germany :)

It's so wonderful that his legacy will live forever, like the Mozarts, Michelangelos, and other great artists across the luminary spectrum. He admired those legends and he is indeed one of them. A co-worker came up to me just last week and said her 4 year old twins have become obsessed with him. I just smiled as there is nothing like the first embrace of MJ's magic.

Long live the King.

Last edited:
THE ESTATE REMEMBERS MICHAEL JACKSON
JUNE 25, 2015

150625_memoriam.png

Michael Jackson lives on in the hearts of millions, not just for his unmatched talent and artistry but for his optimistic spirit of kindness, warmth and caring that is sorely missed today. In a world numbed by senseless acts of violence, hatred and needless suffering, we remember and honor Michael's optimistic passion in spreading universal messages of peace, unity, healing and love to every part of the earth during the all-too brief time he was with us. On this day, our thoughts and prayers are especially with Michael's children and loved ones as we honor his legacy of compassion and determination that all of us can make a better world without hurt, fear and sorrow. - The Estate of Michael Jackson

http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/news/estate-remembers-michael-jackson

Today We Remember the King Of Pop With ‘BEHIND THE BOOM: Michael Jackson’s Influence on Hip Hop’

Today marks the 6th year Anniversary we lost the Greatest Entertainer of ALL Time – Michael Jackson!

He was a gift to the world. His music broke through color lines, opened doors and touched people all over the world.

He was not only a Music Entertainer but also a Humanitarian and fed hungry people on a Global level. His contribution to this planet was immeasurable.

In the year 2009 , the world stopped when we heard Michael Jackson had died. It was not only shocking but heartbreaking to say the least.
He has left us with music that transcends time and has left his imprint with artists & genres all over the world, including Hip Hop.

Today the BOOM JUICE CREW hosts
BEHIND THE BOOM: Michael Jackson’s Influence on Hip Hop.

A unique tribute to MJ with rare interviews and stories told by Classic Hip Hop Artists who worked with Michael and/or Sampled his music. Also unheard stories told by his closest friends like: Magic Johnson, Chris Tucker, Eddie Murphy & More… .. and of course the music of the late great King of Pop!

WE MISS YOU and THANK YOU for EVERYTHING , Michael Jackson

http://boom92houston.com/14522/toda...e-boom-michael-jacksons-influence-on-hip-hop/

6:30 pm was the time when I had gotten the worst news ever. And up until that horrible time. I was in a very good mood. Spending the day in my room. Playing my Sims 3 game on my desktop computer. While really looking forward to those concerts that Michael was going to do. I wasn't going to them. Since I had no money to go to England. But coming here and reading about what it was like was the next best thing. 6 years later I am still not any more better than I was back then. I still can't stand seeing or hearing the d word and Michael in the same sentence. Nor can I stand seeing that horrible names that evil monster has. But thankfully as of right now my bedroom is no longer the MJ shrine that it once was. Every one of my MJ posters are now off my walls. Which I am quite thankful for. I still have them of course. But I don't think I want them back up on my walls. At least not for a good long while. Thanks to what that evil monster did to him. I can very barely call myself an MJ fan now. It has been months now since I had last listen to him. And I still can't handle even watching him. But the L.O.V.E. that I have for him still remains eternal for me.:heart: :wub:

Back