Justin Bieber doesn't know what the word 'German' means. No, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't bother to watch the video, but seriously guys - you're making fun of a 16 year old? How big of you.

At the risk of veering the thread off topic, I must point out out that the media was very favorable towards Michael when he was the child star of the Jackson 5.

It was Joseph's verbal and physical abuse that "pretty much destroyed Mike's self-esteem as a child."

You are 100 percent right and I have many articles from the 70's to prove it.

Maybe he did not find the word in the card. Or maybe he read too fast.

Everyday damn press lied about Michael Jackson and we know it. But we forget that when the victim is someone else. A singer who is a fan of Michael.

A shame.

Quoted for emphasis.

I'm making a mental note now that on MJJC laughing at a harmless silly celebrity clip is a no-no and spawns pretentious cliches like "how big of you guys, laughing at a little kid like that!" as well as dumbass comparisons to Michael Jackson's media treatment. So many threads that should have just been goofy and chuckle-worthy are consistently swallowed whole by tidal waves of girly over-sensitivity. I don't know if tidal waves swallowing stuff is accurate terminology, but you get my drift.

I wonder if Justin Bieber is getting special treatment here not because he's 16 but because he looks 11. Definite possibility.

I think here on MJJC everyone is entitled to their own opinion and expressing it in a respectful manner. If feeling sorry for someone being bashed and called names because of a mistake is 'dumbass', then each to their own, clearly. I'd rather be called oversensitive than ridiculing others no matter how 'stupid' they are. That's an awful thing to do. I don't like Justin Bieber, but that's no reason for me to belittle him. But if that's fun for you - knock yourself out.

I think here on MJJC everyone is entitled to their own opinion and expressing it in a respectful manner. If feeling sorry for someone being bashed and called names because of a mistake is 'dumbass', then each to their own, clearly. I'd rather be called oversensitive than ridiculing others no matter how 'stupid' they are. That's an awful thing to do. I don't like Justin Bieber, but that's no reason for me to belittle him. But if that's fun for you - knock yourself out.
Agreed !

At the risk of veering the thread off topic, I must point out out that the media was very favorable towards Michael when he was the child star of the Jackson 5.

It was Joseph's verbal and physical abuse that "pretty much destroyed Mike's self-esteem as a child."

Wrong.

The Jackson 5 were ignored by much of the press. With some exceptions - such as Rolling Stone - the magazines for black audiences were the ones that put Michael on the cover. In the book written by MJ's mother, she says that even after "Off the Wall" the magazines continued to ignore Michael.

Kay.

I just need to be clued in to these things. I didn't realize we were at a point where laughing at something silly a singer said in an interview (regardless of whether or not it was his fault) which isn't even that of a deal was evil. Now I know. :). Awhile ago I posted a clip on the Michaelmania section of MJ saying something hilariously wrong and found humor in that as well. I guess I'm also a bully and Michael hater for that.

BTW is it also wrong now to find that "they don't have maps" beauty pageant chick's comment from a couple years ago humorous? Or is that okay because she's an adult and Justin Bieber is two years away from being an "adult"?

It's not about adults / children. It's about people. You're free to laugh at what you choose to laugh at. Have fun. I just think calling people who see this differently 'oversensitive' and 'dumbass' was uncalled for.

umm....I really cannot believe this thread still actually exists....:bugeyed...Leave the poor kid alone!

It's not about adults / children. It's about people. You're free to laugh at what you choose to laugh at. Have fun. I just think calling people who see this differently 'oversensitive' and 'dumbass' was uncalled for.

i agree. it's like we're being guilt tripped, and desensitized.

^ Uh huhhh, and you don't think there was any guilt-tripping going on whatsoever from the folks who find it mean to laugh at this?

Oh, shucks, what am I saying? It's always just you and your side that's "victimized" in every thread, vnc! ;)

^ Exactly, lmao. He's too old not to be held accountable for not knowing what "German" means. This is classic. At first I just thought he didn't understand the guy's accent, which would have been acceptable, but then you realize that he really just doesn't know. Awesome.

Right no personal accountability. At one time people were thinking of moving out at 18. Could this guy do anything without handlers.

Oh, c'mon! what 16 year old doesn't know what German means .......oh.....wait......Justin Beiber doesn't LOL

Only a stupid or ignorant one.

At 12 you should know what German is for crying out loud.

Exactly!

VICTIM???? WTF. LMFAO.

THIS IS NOT A BIG FUCKING DEAL. HE IS A CELEBRITY WHO SAID SOMETHING STUPID. AND NOT EVEN CAREER KILLINGLY "I HATE THAT KID" STUPID. JUST "HAHA THAT WAS STUPID" STUPID.

God, so much siriuz bizniz on here lol.

Right on.

Poor justin!
Hes only a yound kid, the stupid media pfftt

Yeah, its the media's fault he doesn't know that.

Hey im 26..and im still clueless @ times!

Just because you are doesn't mean we should all be.

Bieber means Beaver in German

Thanks for this.

Come on now, I odnt like Bieber as much as the next person but I think that people are over-reacting.

Remember Mike used to be in the same shoes as Justin once (except he was much smarter and way way way more talented... :p)

You know how all the constant lies and media attention pretty much destroyed Mike's self-esteem as a child.

No, he was universally praised as a child.

:hysterical: what a shame, did he ever look at a map of the world? or has he learned history at all?

Either he's dumb or the dumbed down school system is responsible. I suspect the former.

One thing's for sure. He will remember the word "German" forever now.

You would hope.

But he read the word and said he doesn't know it!

I don't know what makes people want to defend his ignorance and/or stupidity.

Oh, shucks, what am I saying? It's always just you and your side that's "victimized" in every thread, vnc!

Often is with him.

Unfortunately, I can't rep the Grandmaster yet. He's 16 and does not know this! Either, he's naturally stupid or plain ignorant, or as a third possibility has been conditioned to hate and repress his German heritage. Germans are indoctrinated with the most guilt of any nationality.

Comparisons with MJ, first in what his career will be, and now this are just plain silly.

You know how all the constant lies and media attention pretty much destroyed Mike's self-esteem as a child.

You are 100 percent right and I have many articles from the 70's to prove it.

Wrong.

The Jackson 5 were ignored by much of the press. With some exceptions - such as Rolling Stone - the magazines for black audiences were the ones that put Michael on the cover. In the book written by MJ's mother, she says that even after "Off the Wall" the magazines continued to ignore Michael.

MySerenity5 says "constant media attention destroyed Mike's self-esteem as a child" and you, MJStorm, say he wasn't covered enough and that had the same effect. As MarielovesMJ said, there was a lot of media attention at that time and it was overwhelmingly positive.

And according to Michael's July 06 2002 speech at Harlem, it was after he achieved unparalleled success that the media turned against him:

Jackson then said that as soon as he started gaining power, the system that once propped him up started working to destroy him. "Once I started breaking sales records," he began, "I broke Elvis Presley's record, I broke the Beatles' record — once I started doing that, overnight, they [the media] called me a freak, a homosexual, a child molester. They said I bleached my skin. They did everything they could to turn the public against me. It's a conspiracy."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1455990/20020709/jackson_michael.jhtml

I just want to add that the blame for the negative turn of the press rests partly on Michael as well.

If you guys went onto another forum, and there was a whole thread like this making fun something Michael had said or did. You would all be furious. 'Oh, why cant they just leave him alone! He doesnt deserve this!'

Well guess what, your doing the same thing.

He probably should know what German means. Perhaps he does but just couldnt read it right of the card. It could be just a mistake that we would never have been able to know about because we arent him.

Yet its all been blown massively out of proportion.

Sometimes a lot of MJ fans are such hypocrites, I have to come right out and say it. No wonder nobody takes us seriously.

I'm disappointed in MJ fans. You always check the news 1000 times before believing it when it comes to MJ yet you fall for anything when it comes to other stars. The question is obviously phrased wrong. And he thought "german" was an expression, nothing more.

This is blown waaaaaay out of proportion.

:lol: Well Justin still seems to be a nice guy way better than the other justin who is almost twice his age..

It seems to me like he just misunderstood the question. He probably thought they were referring to German as a basketball term or something.

i'm disappointed in mj fans. You always check the news 1000 times before believing it when it comes to mj yet you fall for anything when it comes to other stars. The question is obviously phrased wrong. And he thought "german" was an expression, nothing more.

if you guys went onto another forum, and there was a whole thread like this making fun something michael had said or did. You would all be furious. 'oh, why cant they just leave him alone! He doesnt deserve this!'

well guess what, your doing the same thing.

He probably should know what german means. Perhaps he does but just couldnt read it right of the card. It could be just a mistake that we would never have been able to know about because we arent him.

Yet its all been blown massively out of proportion.

Sometimes a lot of mj fans are such hypocrites, i have to come right out and say it. No wonder nobody takes us seriously.

exactly exactly exactly

lol I think he knows what German means. He must've been jet lagged and had a momentary lapse in concentration.

I'm disappointed in MJ fans. You always check the news 1000 times before believing it when it comes to MJ yet you fall for anything when it comes to other stars. The question is obviously phrased wrong. And he thought "german" was an expression, nothing more.

If MJ said that, it woudn't be less funny
I don't exclude that Justin could misunderstand something, but it still sounded like he never heard this word :bugeyed

I would still laugh if it was Michael :). Laughing doesn't always equate to "being a hater" or "bullying" :). Sometimes people just laugh when something is amusing instead of overanalyzing the shit out of it and turning it into a massive issue :). I laugh at friends quite often too :).

There, not a hypocrite. At least not for this :).

Oh BTW, the "Jewman" explanation makes it even funnier. Especially considering the word that it actually was. Iiiirony!

If MJ said that, it woudn't be less funny
I don't exclude that Justin could misunderstand something, but it still sounded like he never heard this word :bugeyed

It would be less funny because the people will call him a dumbass and this forum would be wild. I doubt any MJ fan laughed when they called him "lunatic" for dangling the baby..

I would still laugh if it was Michael :). Laughing doesn't always equate to "being a hater" or "bullying" :). Sometimes people just laugh when something is amusing instead of overanalyzing the shit out of it and turning it into a massive issue :). I laugh at friends quite often too :).

There, not a hypocrite. At least not for this :).

Oh BTW, the "Jewman" explanation makes it even funnier. Especially considering the word that it actually was. Iiiirony!
Exactly! OMG people are taking this way too seariously. It was just a funny thing, he didn't know what German means lol, and now I'm over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back