KJ vs AEG - Appeal Thread

Thanks, so they are really going through with it. A part of me hoped they would change their minds. What errors Panish thinks was made that warrants an appeal? He can't use the jurors statements and their lack of understanding theory that he had. I think the lawyers are getting paid for this work, because I don't understand why they are wasting their time with it. They will never win, never. Hopefully we will hear something more soon.

Last edited:
It's her money which Michael wanted her to have. So she is free to do as she pleases, whether we like it or not, as long as she takes care of his children.

Words fail me:doh:

tinagif04.gif

They will always go through with it to the end. they all have a chance of making huge amounts of money. the lawyers dont care if theres still a chance. they will plod on. with no doubt the estate suckers paying for it

Dammit... I don't like the sound of this. Especially with the Robson/Safechuck thing going on now too... please, Katherine, just let this go! You've put the children through enough!

Words fail me:doh:

tinagif04.gif

^^Thanks for the words plus visual. Lately, I don't know what is happening on the forum. It seems there are a lot of people who really do not understand the information, details, the cases and what they are about, and rather than read several pages to understand they do not and just get to the end of a thread and make an inappropriate comment. Take that comment up there. This has nothing to do with Katherine's money. She is suing AEG for AEG's money. How could someone write it is her money and Michael wanted her to have it. So Michael wanted to be killed and then have Katherine get money from it? Obviously you can see the poster does not know about the case and why it was filed and what the allegation is. Sometimes I feel very embarrassed because the public reads these things and think all of us have no common sense.

^^Thanks for the words plus visual. Lately, I don't know what is happening on the forum. It seems there are a lot of people who really do not understand the information, details, the cases and what they are about, and rather than read several pages to understand they do not and just get to the end of a thread and make an inappropriate comment. Take that comment up there. This has nothing to do with Katherine's money. She is suing AEG for AEG's money. How could someone write it is her money and Michael wanted her to have it. So Michael wanted to be killed and then have Katherine get money from it? Obviously you can see the poster does not know about the case and why it was filed and what the allegation is. Sometimes I feel very embarrassed because the public reads these things and think all of us have no common sense.

Thanks Petrarose, that was exactly what I was thinking.

I really wish the Jackson would just move on and let this be.

I agree. Their sense of financial entitlement and their whining about conspiracies whenever they don't get their way never fails to get on my nerves even after all this time. They lost to AEG. And they need to accept that and move on. It's bad enough that Michael already can't rest in peace because of other folks dragging up tabloid trash and garbage court cases. The Jacksons are not helping him at all by pushing this AEG lawsuit nonsense, in my opinion.

Soon we should hear something as at latest, AEG had to file their response
Respondent's brief. 07/28/2014

^^That should be good. It probably will be the same argument they claim over and over while Panish makes the same argument over and over.

AEG filed their response in KJ appeal. Katherine gets 30 day extension for her reply and new due date is September 16th.

No. Appeal briefs aren't available online. Won't know it unless media reports / posts it.

final opinion of the appeal court will be available though.

Thanks. I guess AEG's response will have the same legal points.

Um is there a REASON why everyone is so against the AEG trial?

After coming back and catching up on everything, I finally went through all of the details of the AEG case and the transcripts ...and my god, I don't think there's any reason why the Jacksons would be UNjustified in pursuing AEG for what they did to MJ. I'd be disappointed if they DIDN'T go after them. It's not about money, its the principle of the fact that there was clearly MORE to what happened to MJ than just a shot of propofol. I'm glad all of it is on record. Its truly amazing just what MJ had to endure during that period just before his death.

This is not the Jacksons crying wolf this time. This is legit. They may not be the best family in the world, but its undeniable that they loved MJ. So I seriously seriously doubt that they'd take something like this lightly - especially Katherine. I'm the first to criticize the jacksons too...when MJ was alive, a lot of this could have been prevented if they just treated him like the brother or son that he was and not listen to everything they hear in the media. But I don't believe that every action that they make is out of malicious intent. This case is certainly not coming from a place of that.

You can tell by the verdict - people who know the law all said that verdict was completely unfair. Even the jurors felt cornered. So good on Katherine to file an appeal. None of this will take AEG down, or do anything to bring MJ back, but I want this on their record. I want this to be a stain that they can never get rid of. I want this to be a real testament to what goes on behind the scenes in show business, and how someone who deserved THE MOST respect after almost 50 years in the business got little to none. NONE! Everyone saw that MJ wasn't feeling well? The show must go on!

Oh man, and just the fact that a lot of fans BELIEVE that what happened to MJ was HIS fault (not necessarily talking about people here, but just so far what I've read here shows that people are generally against putting blame on AEG)? It infuriates me. Honestly, this is not the Hunger Games. MJ deserved the respect and support he needed from his team (and so called PARTNERS) and he got none of it, not even from his doctor who was in cahoots with AEG a majority of the time. All the testimony is plain as day. MJ could have been BEGGING for help and these folks would have turned the other way. They PURPOSELY made deals behind his back. They had EVERYTHING set up to cover their own asses, right down to the footage of the rehearsals. They BULLIED MJ, BELITTLED him. Pressured him. They CONTROLLED Murray and they controlled MJ, and all MJ was trying to do was get through it. Because they didn't give him a freakin choice.

Sorry I'm so emotional but I've just now really been able to process all the facts in the case, and the truth of everything that happened is just staring everyone in the face. I will support anything that will bring that truth to light. So in this instance, I support Katherine.

Last edited:
Um is there a REASON why everyone is so against the AEG trial?

After coming back and catching up on everything, I finally went through all of the details of the AEG case and the transcripts ...and my god, I don't think there's any reason why the Jacksons would be UNjustified in pursuing AEG for what they did to MJ. I'd be disappointed if they DIDN'T go after them. It's not about money, its the principle of the fact that there was clearly MORE to what happened to MJ than just a shot of propofol. I'm glad all of it is on record. Its truly amazing just what MJ had to endure during that period just before his death.

For the Jacksons it is about money though, otherwise they wouldn't have been offering settlements more than once. They wouldn't have turned down restitution from Murray either and given him a pass if it wasn't about money. But if there's one thing we've learned it's that everything is about money with this family, everything.

Well I guess I appreciate the consequence of it all anyway - the fact that all of that stuff came to light.

I mean, they cant exactly send AEG to jail can they? Isn't trying to ruin them financially their best option?

For murray, they wanted him in jail - and apparently restitution was for 100 million (the cost of what MJ would have earned had he lived), which Murray wouldn't have been able to pay considering his practice would be over and he would have been in jail. Why not try to get the cost from the people who actually had the money and were partially responsible for MJ's death too (because they were greedy FOR money)?

If I were her, I would try to strip them of every dime they had too.

KJ won't get a dime out of AEG because she didn't and couldn't prove ANYTHING they did to support Murray in giving Propofol to Michael. Katherine can appeal until Kingdom come and she still won't have a grain of evidence to support her claims MJ was sick and AEG ignored and worked him to death. It just DID NOT HAPPEN! Murray killed Michael period and he was giving Propofol behind closed doors.

Now because of her greed MJ's Estate has to pay AEG 1.5 Million dollars and Murray is free to keep and make money off selling his killing of MJ leaking his medical information. All KJ's lawsuit did was expose MICHAEL'S personal business and take away the dignity he always fought so hard to keep private.

Last edited:
Well based on the testimony, ALL i saw was evidence of AEG ignoring him and working him to death. All they can rely on is eye witness testimony on both sides. And the fact that they REQUIRED him to go to rehearsals everyday (when he has never done that previously, even in his 30s for a worldwide tour), says tons. The fact that MJ was performing damn near concert-quality and often excused himself for not singing out (when in rehearsals for other tours he put in 50% LESS energy, and didn't feel the need to justify why, because he simply didn't NEED to), it shows that they put the pressure on him. HD cameras all around when MJ didn't give permission? They admitted to not getting MJs permission to do 50 shows, getting MJ's permission for A LOT of things was an afterthought. Everyone was seeing that stuff was wrong, that he was sick and not well, and they they needed to push the concerts back (hell, major parts of the production weren't even ready, like "lightman" and the jet plane)...and yet no one was doing anything. It was IGNORED. Almost every witness, from both sides, had at least an inkling that something was not right.

Yes Murray killed MJ, under AEG's watch.Yes Murray was negligent and did NOT do the job assigned to him (which was take care of MJ)...under AEG's supervision - which is why they are liable as well in the court of law. Katherine proved that Murray was controlled by AEG, and AEG made sure he knew that...and that all they were concerned about was making sure Murray did whatever it took to make sure MJ completed those concerts on time, despite all the red flags in the world that was going up. So if that meant shooting MJ up with a mixture of drugs he thought would put MJ down for the night, so be it.

MJ's insomnia did not flare up to that degree for no reason. If AEG were responsible and hadn't be so eager to suck everything they could out of MJ as fast as they could, then MJ would have had time to properly deal with his insomnia and get the rest he needed without those extreme measures.

I wholeheartedly disagree with this suit taking away MJ's dignity. The MEDIA does that by not reporting the whole story, but when you look at the entire picture...it honestly shows a picture of a human being who was not treated like a human being. It shows a guy in the middle of a whirlwind of personal agendas, all different, but all exploiting him - and him having no way out. It shows a man that should have been respected for the almost 50 years of experience he had in the business being treated like a completely inconsequential nuisance. Finally putting a close eye on this case made me love MJ even more because it didn't expose MJ really, it exposed the people around him. It exposed the fact that MJ's death and all that led up to it was not as simple as one doctor and one shot of propofol. It just wasn't. This is more than just 'good guy/bad guy' stuff here, it is more complex than that. But in the heart of it, AEG pulled the strings, and if MJ never signed with AEG, he would still be alive. It was a huge chain reaction of negligence (which happened to end with Murray killing him), that could have been prevented.

Even T-Mez thought that Kat had a good case and would win. Because she should have.

Last edited:
First of all evidence proves Michael did not have to attend rehearsals every day and NEVER did. Where are you getting your information from because it's not from the trial. As TII got closer to the London dates MJ was hardly coming to rehearsals at all. He came to work on June 19, 2009 sick with chills and slight disorientation. He was given food, wrapped in blankets, a heater was brought for him and he was sent home. Note: This was the first and ONLY time he ever came to work in that condition. Phillips was notified, Murray was called, Frank was called and a meeting was called at Michael’s house the next day. Doesn’t sound like nobody cared about him to me. Michael Amir Williams testified Michael told him he was only going 30 or 40% so he was actually performing less than he did during other tours when he was 30. Again I don't know where your information is coming from because MJ did give permission to film footage which is why he kept saying he was not singing full out or going full on. MJ's autopsy proved he was not sick and in fact he was very healthy. Propofol poison killed him not his health or overwork.

Murray was Michael's, Prince, Paris & Blanket's doctor at least two years before AEG agreed to pay him (AT MICHAEL'S REQUEST)to be the TII tour physician. Murray was introduced to MJ by his Vegas bodyguards not AEG. There are no records of Propofol being ordered or supplied by AEG to MJ or that they even knew Murray was giving it to Michael nightly. KJ did not prove Murray was under the control of AEG only that they hired him at MJ's request. If the goal of AEG was to make sure Murray got MJ to 50 shows they sure as hell wouldn’t have been stupid enough to insist Murray give him a powerful surgical anesthetic without proper monitoring equipment or backup staff. That argument simply makes no sense at all because it's medically unheard of!

From all I know about MJ his insomnia ALWAY'S flared up during shows and there is proof he suffered from it even when he wasn't performing going all the way back to his 20's. MJ also had a PAST drug addiction and he talked publically about it. He also took pain medications in the past for injuries and medical conditions before agreeing to work for AEG. What red flags should they have been looking for when MJ said he was fine? MJ was not a fragile infant who needed to be babysat like he was handicap. He was a grown up MAN with three children he was caring for on his own. Why didn't KJ see these Red Flags you keep talking about? After all if they were so clearly seen why the hell didn't she see them? Didn't Joe tell her to go over to MJ's house and check on him?

The AEG trial most surely did take away MJ's dignity and his privacy. The media only reported what KJ's lawyers and Randy's testimony gave them on a silver platter! I love MJ more also after this horrible trial because it showed me the people who brought the lawsuit didn't give a damn about him. They (His family) dragging his dead body through the mud. That is very sad to me. He was alone because his family just didn't care.

Last edited:
Their could have gotting Murray but the Jacksons let him slip away and then that when the Jacksons with after AEG.

MIST;4033969 said:
Didn´t Jacksons try to get a settlement several times?

Yes they did try many times to get AEG to settle (out of court!) because they were not interested in getting anything other than MONEY and lot's of it. They would have taken the settlement and not made a peep about anything if AEG had agreed to give them big bucks! In my opinion AEG would have settled if they had known about the Propofol and what Murray was doing.

Back