Leaked emails update (Michael Jackson)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MJ is the GOAT performer. People will love the show. No one put on a show like Michael did, there's insane theatrics, magic and all the classic, 'signature' Jackson that everyone loves. If it really is Prague, in HD, I'm very very excited for this release. I've been hoping for an opening night to be released just to see how he moved 'fresh' right at the start of the tour,

I completely agree with you.

It's not ruining his reputation, it's showing a genius focus entirely on the dance & giving the audiences around the world a visual performance they will never forget.

It won't ruin his reputation as a dancer, but it will ruin his reputation as a singer.

I can see the comments now

''He was a good dancer, but he wasn't a good singer. If he was a good singer then he wouldn't need to lip sync''

It's unbelievable.. How can you be excited to watch this ? The media destroyed MJ and now his fans too.

It won't ruin his reputation as a dancer, but it will ruin his reputation as a singer.

I can see the comments now

''He was a good dancer, but he wasn't a good singer. If he was a good singer then he wouldn't need to lip sync''

VERY over exaggerated.

Plus, his directing efforts were also evident if you take into consideration the theatrics, very entertaining.

The Black Eyed Peas put on a very theatrical and entertaining show. As does Katy Perry. And Lady Gaga. And even Justin Bieber. Flashing lights and video projections does not a good performance make. Vocals are a highly significant factor.

I only keep on making my point because of all the childish complaints.

It's not childish to express disappointment over a project that many of us simply do not want to see released.

VERY over exaggerated.

Yes, because calling something "visually flawless" isn't over exaggerated. (Wink, wink.)

Michael's reputation as a live performer will undoubtedly be tainted if this tour is released. People picked up on the lip-synching for the Wembley concert and that was only four or five songs out of the entire damn show. How do you think folks are going to react when 90% of a show is dubbed?

Theatrics aren't everything

I'll take the ''Tell me what about it'' ad libs at the end of Earth Song at Royal Brunei over a tank being brought on stage anyday

Nothing for you because you want it. But for people who don't want to see this released.

I think it's disgraceful that people expect Michael to be their slave and sing full out every night if he did sing full out then his laryngitis would have gotten worse & worse. Fans don't decide what is released, just because they don't appreciate his dancing/choreography and directing abilities doesn't mean that such a project should be cancelled.

I think it's disgraceful that people expect Michael to be their slave and sing full out every night if he did sing full out then his laryngitis would have gotten worse & worse. Fans don't decide what is released, just because they don't appreciate his dancing/choreography and directing abilities doesn't mean that such a project should be cancelled.

We react like that, not for us (personally) [I don't know if you understand what I want to say] but for Michael. If you like to see people critic Michael just because you want the HWT, it's your choice. But your choice become my problem.

I e-mailed to the online team about fan concerns regarding this supposed release and I included a link to this thread so if they want to see the reactions they can.

Zakk, what the hell do you think a concert tour is?

You go out and you sing your ass of night after night after night for the people who paid hundreds of dollars and traveled dozens of miles to see you. If you're sick, you cancel/postpone a performance until you recover. But you don't go out there, mime even the easiest of songs and give (mostly) halfway decent dancing and expect people to walk away satisfied. That's not what a true entertainer does. Michael Jackson can do better than that; he's proven it.

Also, these projects are intended for the fans, so why shouldn't fans have a say in what is released? If a majority of the fan base disagrees with something it should only be theorized that we don't want it and won't support it. Why do you think the Cascios won't be released anymore?

Last edited by a moderator:
The good thing is, if they do go with HIStory, you can just take your Greatest Hits CD with you and enjoy the exact same sound experience.

Anyway, I don't see why this can't be an enjoyable debate thread? Don't you find it more pleasurable than discussing the bollocks that was the Michael album (most of) or the dramatics and despicableness that is Wade Robson.

Let's just talk about over things like Invincible & the HIStory tour over a pint and all enjoy ourselves.

Popcorn anyone?

Zakk do you realise if everyone agreed about everything this would be the worlds crappiest fan forum? Discussions like these are the most interesting because we get to share our opinions on various things.

Youre getting awful worked up because people have different opinions than you. Why should anyone close this thread. We are all still on topic as we are discussing the potential release of a HIStory concert, which many of us wouldn't think is the ideal concert to release to the public given that it was mostly playback.

While you may be excited about seeing a spectacle, many also just want to see the raw talent. Talent beats out on pyro, direction, lights, theatrics.

Each to their own, no one is attacking you, you SERIOUSLY need to calm down

This video makes me appreciate the tour a whole lot more, i hope they include the rehearsals as bonus features.. take 'Stranger In Moscow' as an example, his vocal was top notch.

Popcorn anyone?

dJZEWgm.jpg

:p

By the way I don't get the argument of picture & sound quality over the actual performance & vocals.

By that logic Justin Beiber on Blu-Ray HD is better than Bad on VHS.

When I watch Bad @ Wembley I don't care one iota that the picture could be better. I ain't looking at pixels or resolution. I'm looking at Michael performing like no other human being ever has or will, enjoying himself, looking happy & relaxed, funking his way through some of the best songs ever written. Storming his way vocally though his songs, giving them a kick that the album versions never had. Doing ad-libs that resonate and give an extra quality to a song, making it even more enjoyable than the version I knew, something I never knew was possible.

He's making new aural experiences for me, which means not only do I have songs like Billie Jean, WBSS, Another Part Of Me, Dirty Diana, Smooth Criminal as I knew them, but I know have these new live versions. So in 2012 I was lucky enough to have these Michael Jackson tracks added to my collection even years after I lost him. And I am incredibly grateful for that.

How do you know Tony, none of us have seen that show in particular. It's absurd bashing something no one hasn't even seen yet!

But we don't know if the music was live and if Michael sang more songs.

That's absurd. Don't you think the fan community would be well aware if such a show existed?

There are at least a dozen HIStory Tour shows widely available on YouTube. Each one has been below standards and pretty embarrassing at times. It's safe to assume that there won't be one randomly amazing show in a tour filled with decent-at-best. We're making educated guesses based on what we've seen thus far; you're taking shots in the dark.

But we don't know if the music was live and if Michael sang more songs.

Are you saying there's a HIStory show out there with live vocals that is different from all the rest?

I don't want to be sat through a 2 hour show trying to find the exact moment he did a bit of live vocal for me.

I'm not assuring anything, you're saying the whole tour was 90% lipped. I bet you saw the entire tour to make such bold statement.

Every show available to the fan community, whether captured from the Jumbotrons or professionally edited or taken from the crowd, has been no less than 90% mimed. These shows aren't constricted to one small period of time either; they spread over the entire duration of the tour.

It's hard to believe that there is a random show that (a) was captured on high definition film and (b) features Michael singing fully live when none of the other shows did. It's even harder to believe that the fan community wouldn't know such a show exists.

lougrizli;4070913 said:
Now the question is: What we have to do ?

“But for people who don't want to see this released” … very interesting.

You know, everything about anyone can be criticized! It goes not just for Michael and not just for something that is done wrong, some people will be very happy to destroy His dancing and theatrical and entertaining aspects of the show as well … But that doesn’t mean it must not be released because someone will “destroy” it.

So what we have to do ?

WE as His fans have to support and protect this part of His History the best we can and not destroy it OURSELVES with such cruelty, IMHO !!!

Michael tried his best for us to see it, he worked hard and wend “through hell touring”.

If we can’t be grateful and supportive then who will?

Allusio;4070955 said:
“But for people who don't want to see this released” … very interesting.

You know, everything about anyone can be criticized! It goes not just for Michael and not just for something that is done wrong, some people will be very happy to destroy His dancing and theatrical and entertaining aspects of the show as well … But that doesn’t mean it must not be released because someone will “destroy” it.

So what we have to do ?

WE as His fans have to support and protect this part of His History the best we can and not destroy it OURSELVES with such cruelty, IMHO !!!

Michael tried his best for us to see it, he worked hard and wend “through hell touring”.

If we can’t be grateful and supportive then who will?

Michael had good intentions for this tour, I will freely believe that. But the final result was very embarrassing and was not representative of the talent he had. We want Michael to be shown at his absolute best, not his absolute worst.

The only reason Michael hung Blanket over a balcony is because he wanted to show the public his child. I bet no one here will willingly support that decision. (For the record, I am not comparing the situations; I'm well aware that a tour is different from the balcony incident. I'm simply trying to make the point that just because Michael did something he thought was right and gave his best does not mean that we are required to support it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back