Leaked emails update (Michael Jackson)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there were ever a project to make the general public doubt Michael's ability as a live performer, it's the HIStory tour.

I'm honest to God praying that this isn't true.

this is why they should include the rehearsals.

I hope this means that Prague is also in HD. Blu-Ray release would be great but I don't think they should release HIStory Tour in cinemas because of lip-syncing. Bad Tour would be perfect for cinemas.

I don't think we should should take this as a fact just yet. :)

Ugh. HIStory tour cinema release? I guess the Estate/Sony continue not to care about MJ's artistic legacy. I don't consider this good news.

I thought the Estate was paying attention to fans and saw that this is a controversial plan even among hardcore fans, so they should stay away from this and focus on promoting something that would promote MJ's legacy as a live performer and not make people doubt it.

Ugh. HIStory tour cinema release? I guess the Estate/Sony continue not to care about MJ's artistic legacy. I don't consider this good news.

I thought the Estate was paying attention to fans and saw that this is a controversial plan even among hardcore fans, so they should stay away from this and focus on promoting something that would promote MJ's legacy as a live performer and not make people doubt it.

The HWT needed to be released eventually, i'm glad they're not releasing the piece of crap *Cough* Munich *Cough*

If there were ever a project to make the general public doubt Michael's ability as a live performer, it's the HIStory tour.

I'm honest to God praying that this isn't true.

If it is true then the estate hasn't got a flipping clue!

If that info is true, glad it's not Munich. I don't think I've seen performances from Prague, so I don't know if Michael could sing more but they could dub it with live vocals.

I wouldn't like watching a dubbed concert. I think concerts should be like they originally were. They shouldn't try to change history. If Michael sang under the playback then they could use that but they shouldn't take audio from other source.

The ones against releasing HWT on cinemas are harsh and unfair towards Michael, the man had been singing since he was 5 years old, did he have something to prove to all of you? He was sick, his lupus was messing up with him and I bet he toured merely for contractual reasons. And that info said it's not confirmed yet. I don't why they divulged it if they don't know for sure it's true yet.

The HWT needed to be released eventually, i'm glad they're not releasing the piece of crap *Cough* Munich *Cough*

Release is one thing. As a low key fan oriented release maybe. But to put it in the cinema as the representation of MJ as a "live" performer? He will torn to pieces by the general public and questioned as an artist. Just watch! I really think at this point the Estate should hire some artistic director or something who has an idea about what looks good and what does not. As a release, actually this is my worst nigthmare. I am not looking forward to it at all. There are so many great tours by MJ, why to represent him on the big screen at his worst?

The ones against releasing HWT on cinemas are harsh and unfair towards Michael, the man had been singing since he was 5 years old, did he have something to prove to all of you? He was sick, his lupus was messing up with him and I bet he toured merely for contractual reasons. And that info said it's not confirmed yet. I don't why they divulged it if they don't know for sure it's true yet.

The general public/critics won't care if he had this health problem or that health problem. All they'll see is someone obviously lip syncing 90% of a show and they'll tear him apart for it

Disgraced by people's words. I think we should request the rehearsals, then everyone wins.

The ones against releasing HWT on cinemas are harsh and unfair towards Michael, the man had been singing since he was 5 years old, did he have something to prove to all of you? He was sick, his lupus was messing up with him and I bet he toured merely for contractual reasons.

General public doesn't know that and they might not care. People might think that Michael can't sing live based on HIStory Tour.

OTW for 2015 and HIstory for 2016 is a bit illogical.

There are several History tours online and one in particular that has been broadcasted in Europe. I am not truly impressed with the idea of releasing the concert in theaters. There is no promise of extra footage for the DVD release.

No one is unfair. No one is bashing MJ, but you said it yourself: MJ was sick and maybe only toured for contractual reasons. The point is simply if he had lot better tours, and he did, why not represent him at his best to the public and not his worst? It's not about us, fans, not seeing the reasons for his excessive lip-synching, but the general public won't care about that. They will simply laugh at him and bash him and say: "This is the big Michael Jackson? What was the big deal?" Is that what we want when he had tours that represent him a lot better as a live performer? Is it really "loving MJ" to support this release or is it "loving MJ" when we want that he represented in a better shape to the general public?

I'm gonna email the online team right now.

Also, if the HIStory Tour fails to impress a good chunk of the fanbase, then what hope does it have in impressing the general public/critics?

How did you find out their email adress? :)

I can't say, but i've requested rehearsals so that fans can be happy.. and i've also requestd live vocals to be mixed in from the multitracks..

I can't say, but i've requested rehearsals so that fans can be happy.. and i've also requestd live vocals to be mixed in from the multitracks..

Zakk, please do tell them that the release of the HIStory tour to the cinemas is a very controversial topic even among fans and many of us just feel it would not be the best representation of MJ as a live performer. All of his other tours would be a lot better for cinema release.

Zakk, please do tell them that the release of the HIStory tour to the cinemas is a very controversial topic even among fans and many of us just feel it would not be the best representation of MJ as a live performer. All of his other tours would be a lot better for cinema release.

i said the release is random, and it should have been Dangerous Tour instead and i've asked them to release the rehearsals and use some live vocals from the microphone recording's. I'm not going to request them to cancel it.

Bucharest was quite edited, I'll never understand why, probably the HBO broadcast didn't have good camera angles but that's not how the concert was.

MJ Online Team also has Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/MJonlineteam

I hope they read what people tweet to them.

Do they ever answer?

MJ Online Team also has Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/MJonlineteam

I hope they read what people tweet to them.

Do they ever answer?

They've answered to all my BAD Tour Blu-Ray requests, so i think they should.. they normally reply at 8pm English time.. i'll let you guys know if i get some word back or if the online team proves it to be cancelled..

i said the release is random, and it should have been Dangerous Tour instead and i've asked them to release the rehearsals and use some live vocals from the microphone recording's. I'm not going to request them to cancel it.

Thanks for your effort however; I can only see the release of a dubbed concert as a mistake waiting to happen.

After Xscape, I am finding it difficult to trust Estate/Sony's MJ releases. The release are always bungled at some point in the process no matter how good they are or could be.

They've answered to all my BAD Tour Blu-Ray requests, so i think they should.. they normally reply at 8pm English time.. i'll let you guys know if i get some word back or if the online team proves it to be cancelled..

What did they have to say about BAD Tour blu ray?

Interesting. Have they said anything about if the release is possible or not? You don't have to tell if you don't want. :)

Last response was ''noted as always. thanks for the suggestion''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back