Leaked emails update (Michael Jackson)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all the great tours MJ did why release HWT on cinema? I do not dislike the history tour but comeon who the hell is in charge of these decisions? Maybe I speaketh too soon. I will wait for confirmation on this.

HIStory Tour 20th, BAD Tour 30th 2017 & Dangerous Tour 30th in 2022? wishful thinking but Tour anniversaries seem to be their way ;)

IMO Dangerous the first leg was even better than Bad. His live vocals were impressive, the music, choreography and special effects were quite improved. It'd be a better choice to release on cinemas or even Bad I agree but some of you are bashing (yes, you are) a show you haven't even seen and complaining over something you don't know it's true.

''HIStory Tour in Prague:

[ Curiosity ] The HIStory concert in the Czech capital has not only highlighted the immense public ( 130,000 people!) , But because it has the largest number of music 100% live tour. Unlike other shows, Michael Jackson sang , for example, "Scream " and " You Are Not Alone " fully live.''

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));
Post by Michael Jackson Brasil.

We're not even sure this is reliable information at this point. But if it turns out to be true, the general public sees MJ as this performing genius. With any other artist, they may see them lip-syncing and call them out in a heartbeat. But with MJ, I think they would not notice it and just think he sounds as good live as he does on record, especially people who aren't too familiar with music and live performing.

''Hi Zakk:
Just be careful when you assume anything before it is announced. Rumors are just rumors and discussions are that until anything is announced. That being said, as always, I have passed your email on to the folks at the Estate.

Best,

MJOnline
The Official Online Team of The Michael Jackson Estate™''

hmm, this response is interesting.. maybe they're pissed off about the leaked emails.. i hope MJBeats didn't post lies..

Did MJ really perform Scream and YANA live on the opening night?

We're not even sure this is reliable information at this point. But if it turns out to be true, the general public sees MJ as this performing genius. With any other artist, they may see them lip-syncing and call them out in a heartbeat. But with MJ, I think they would not notice it and just think he sounds as good live as he does on record, especially people who aren't too familiar with music and live performing.

The lip syncing on the HIStory Tour is beyond obvious. Especially on songs like Billie Jean and Beat It where he goes from the perfect album vocals to the rough and scratchy live vocals.

''. Rumors are just rumors and discussions are that until anything is announced. That being said, as always, I have passed your email on to the folks at the Estate.

I think this response indicates that a E-Mail-discussion about this release exists, but yes a discussion is not a decission.

There was also a E-Mail- discussion from Sony about selling their share of Sony-ATV, but not a descission.

Last edited:
They could say the audio was dubbed because they couldn't find the multitracks?

Out of curiosity, how many songs did MJ actually sing live on the History Tour? Or did he come in with bits and pieces of live vocals between songs? Most of the History Tours I've seen seem to be almost all playback, so I'm curious if he changed his live vocals during specific shows?

you can hear ''oosh'' just before he sing's..
which means his microphone is turned on

Out of curiosity, how many songs did MJ actually sing live on the History Tour? Or did he come in with bits and pieces of live vocals between songs? Most of the History Tours I've seen seem to be almost all playback, so I'm curious if he changed his live vocals during specific shows?

Nope. Same songs every time. WBSS, J5 Medley, last part of Billie Jean,last part of Beat it, and little bit of Heal The World.

I have never heard anything about MJ ever have performed YANA live.

I think it is only WBSS and J5-medley that's live. - And then some addlibs in the end of some songs.

Waay tooo much playback. - Critics will be very very critical. - also because playback is seen down on these days - more than it was back then.

check out 6 minutes 5, live vocal ad lib

Wanna Be Startin Somethin and Jackson 5 Medley was 100% live. On Billie Jean the live vocals usually came in after the first moonwalk, and on Beat It the live vocals usually came in after the guitar solo. You Are Not Alone and Heal The World had live adlibs towards the end of those songs

Scream was sung live at Brunei 1996 and Beat It was sung live at one show, but I can't remember which one

Could someone please make a small recap? So the Sony is considering to release HIStory World Tour in Prague in theaters?

For now those are just rumors are not reliable information. There's no reason to create drama TBH.

Not drama, but I think now is the time to voice our concerns to the Estate/Sony. After they officially announce it there is nothing to be done any more. Backtracking from there due to negative fan response would look bad.

Could someone please make a small recap? So the Sony is considering to release HIStory World Tour in Prague in theaters?

The facebook page Michael Jackson Brasil claims so. They say that the info comes from leaked emails.

IMO Dangerous the first leg was even better than Bad. His live vocals were impressive, the music, choreography and special effects were quite improved. It'd be a better choice to release on cinemas or even Bad I agree but some of you are bashing (yes, you are) a show you haven't even seen and complaining over something you don't know it's true.
We share the same opinion, great. Everything about Dangerous was better, the stage, the intro, the theatrics, the sound, the Lightning, the dancing/choreography. The first leg is the perfect representation of Michael as a live performer.

We share the same opinion, great. Everything about Dangerous was better, the stage, the intro, the theatrics, the sound, the Lightning, the dancing/choreography. The first leg is the perfect representation of Michael as a live performer.

I personally think Bad Tour is a lot better than Dangerous Tour. I think that was Michael in his prime and he didn't need much theatrics. He was just on the stage and performed and almost no breaks. Also his voice was a lot better. I think everyone of those things you said were better on Bad Tour. :)

Only thing that was better on Dangerous Tour was the intro. That intro is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back