Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

Now and Then sounds more than decent imo. It's amazing they were able to get his voice sounding so clean from that crappy tape recording. The results of the get back documentary and the recent red and blue remixes tells me the AI they used is ahead of most other stuff out there.

Seeing as Peter created it specifically for working on Beatles material I kinda doubt he'll let others use it.

Last edited:
I didn't know that about TYLA. I just want to hear the song as it is, in good quality, I love the rawness and intensity it has in the demo. I fear the estate would rework the song and lose that element. It really drives the song

Has there been no response from the auctioneers yet?

Last edited:
List of all songs:
New Jelly
Like You / Like U
Rescue Me
What Do You Want From Me
Diana Ross
Tears of Stone
Haven't Got A Lot
Starlight
How You Like Your Love
Love Games
Circles
DNA
Doing What My Heart Says Do / Doing What Your Heart Says Do
Thinking About You
Oh Love
Lost In Love
Only You
You'll Know
Take Your Time
Ain't No Doubt About It
Give All Your Love
Sexy Love Song
U Know
Best Is Yet
So does no one agrees that at least these titles look like they were created by MJ..? Would be weird for anyone else to come with stuff like 'Jelly' and 'Diana Ross'..?

So does no one agrees that at least these titles look like they were created by MJ..? Would be weird for anyone else to come with stuff like 'Jelly' and 'Diana Ross'..?
imho these seem more like generic Babyface or Bryan Loren titles, except for a few.

Those sound like MJ titles, but "sexy love song" definitely is not MJ's style.

Honestly, I agree with them on this front. The estate has released enough poorly mixed and mastered music already. If the available mix sounds anything like the leaked demos from Sundberg’s laptop, they aren’t up to par. MJ deserves to have his music presented in the highest quality.
It sounds EXACTLY like all the Westlake demos on Bad 25. I'd be more than fine with it.

Peter Jackson's MAL technology would undoubtedly do a great job on TYLA, considering the sound quality of the song is 100x better than Now and Then.
But there's no way he'll license it out in a hurry. Maybe if the estate pays him well enough, but can't see that happening
You're just forgetting something: what they did for Now and Then was strip the vocals from the instrumental. For a proper remix, they'd need to do stem separation and that's not possible. Peter Jackson's MAL was used on the remix of Revolver, but they had the original 4-track masters.
One thing is separating each element on a track consisting of guitar, bass and drums. Splitting the stems of a 24+ track mixdown is a whole different game.

It sounds EXACTLY like all the Westlake demos on Bad 25. I'd be more than fine with it.

You're just forgetting something: what they did for Now and Then was strip the vocals from the instrumental. For a proper remix, they'd need to do stem separation and that's not possible. Peter Jackson's MAL was used on the remix of Revolver, but they had the original 4-track masters.
One thing is separating each element on a track consisting of guitar, bass and drums. Splitting the stems of a 24+ track mixdown is a whole different game.
Sounds like a more complicated version then.

I was assuming that the estate would take their 'straight to remix' approach for the track and therefore would only need the vocals. And then release the existing tape as the 'original version' without mixing it.

But yes, of course for a remix of the original they'd need the master tapes

I was assuming that the estate would take their 'straight to remix' approach for the track and therefore would only need the vocals. And then release the existing tape as the 'original version' without mixing it.

But yes, of course for a remix of the original they'd need the master tapes
Oh, that? Yeah, valid point, but I don't think they'd be willing to remix any and every track for release. Let's face facts, enough is enough with that.

Oh, that? Yeah, valid point, but I don't think they'd be willing to remix any and every track for release. Let's face facts, enough is enough with that.
It would be nice to contemporize the original demoes, instead of constructing new songs around his vocals. Just strip the vocals and recreate the songs in the modern day.

In 1993 deposition there is title called cry .or don't cry so MJ have second song called cry

It would be nice to contemporize the original demoes, instead of constructing new songs around his vocals. Just strip the vocals and recreate the songs in the modern day.
This is probably a good middle ground in my opinion. The original TYLA certainly sounds dated and wouldn't have any chart success in the current state, if that's what they wanted.
I wish they had done the same for Price of Fame from Bad25. With a live orchestra and rerecorded instruments it would've been great, but to me the released version sounds very dated even compared to the original Bad album tracks. The Pepsi version sounds just as crappy so I doubt Quincy ever worked on it either

Why don’t we have any multitracks from the thriller era demos. I always wanted to hear the stems for state of shock with Freddie mercury or starlight

its unknown where the original 1988 master tape lies. brad has a copy, korgnex has something related to it, but thats about it.
Why would Korgnex have it? That’s what I hate about him, why would you spend so much money to buy a song just for yourself to enjoy? He just seems greedy imo

Guys. Imagine if estate will give us a present. They will release all unreleased songs on album, promoting Michael movie.
TYLA, GYWOOM, BB and other songs will be released on this album 😃

I wish they had done the same for Price of Fame from Bad25. With a live orchestra and rerecorded instruments it would've been great, but to me the released version sounds very dated even compared to the original Bad album tracks.
I mean, I kinda get it. I strongly disagree though. Something about Price of Fame cuts right to the heart really.

Back