Lloyd's refuse to pay insurance policy for This is It/ MJ Estate fights back/ Update: Case Settled

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused now, so who is paying for his legal fee of the current criminal charge?
It seemed that he hired quite a few lawyers.
If he was broke and the insurance company won't pay, who is paying for him now?
or I am totally misunderstood?

hes working now and the rest is prob been done pro bono until the insurance issue is resloved.and if the insurance eont pay either his lawyers walk or they will make enough money in the long run if he walks.the P.R will be priceless.

Kaymon u aint got a clue about murray after all these months if u are asking was he concerned about not having insurance cover!

Re: Lloyd's of London refuse to pay insurance policy for This is It , goes to court to invalidate po

Lloyds vs. AEG Live and The Michael Jackson Company

As the media reported, the Lloyds sued both AEG Live and The Michael Jackson Company this week. Below you may read some details about the case:

- Lloyds and AEG started negotiations for a while about the insurance payments due to MJ's death. But according to Lloyds, AEG refused to handle important documents and informations to them regarding MJ, AEG and Conrad Murray. Therefore Lloyds is not willing to pay any money, or not the full amount.

- The insurance agreement refers to MJ as "Mark Jones" and to his company as "The Mark Jones Company LLC" for privacy reasons.

- Interstingly the agreement was about 30 concerts, therefore MJ planned way more than 10 concerts from the very beginnings. That doesn't support the claims that MJ has been pushed into more concerts without his knowledge.

- According to the agreement there were some restrictions, like Lloyds' representatives should have seen MJ on one of the London rehearsals, as well to see his medical reports. That finally never took place.

- According to the papers MJ hasn't visited any doctors since his 2005 trial than "cosmetic doctors".

- The insurance agreement details how the stage would have been look like, and it's moving parts. As well it lists all the team members appearing on stage.

- It's been planned the MJ will live in a rented place paid by AEG Live UK. He would have been move by 2-3 cars, and the travel time would take 20 to 60 minutes depending on the traffic. He would have been accompanied by Karen Faye, Conrad Murray and his children on occasions. Plus 2-3 bodyguards.

- MJ would have been arrive to the UK on or around 4th of July, 2009 by a private chart. The first rehearsal would have been on the 8th, of July.

- AEG expected 43 million USD in incomes after the first 30 shows.

- MJ did not agree to any "meet and greets" kind of parties.

- Dr. Tohme Tohme was also covered by the policy.

Re: Lloyd's of London refuse to pay insurance policy for This is It , goes to court to invalidate po

Isn't AEG on record saying that they originally only agreed that there would be ten shows. But after seeing how the tickets sold out within an hour, they pushed the number of shows up to fifty shows. Why would they lie about that? I don't get it. Is the above article just based on Lloyd Insurance's claims or what?

Last edited:
Isn't AEG on record saying that they originally only agreed that there would be ten shows. But after seeing how the tickets sold out within an hour, they pushed the number of shows up to fifty shows. Why would they lie about that? I don't get it. Is the above article just based on Lloyd Insurance's claims or what?

they may have said that as a P.R stunt.like when promoters anounce more shows due to amazing demand etc.but the first contract says min of 18 max 31 shows

Good Lord how did it all get to this. I find at times pinching myself hoping its a nightmare:(......

so michael did agree to more then ten concerts??? it was a lie that he was pushed?? or do i not understand it corectly?

karen faye conrad murray all time? xx

they may have said that as a P.R stunt.like when promoters anounce more shows due to amazing demand etc.but the first contract says min of 18 max 31 shows

Wow. I would love to see how AEG is going to respond to this then. What a hot mess.

so michael did agree to more then ten concerts??? it was a lie that he was pushed?? or do i not understand it corectly?

karen faye conrad murray all time? xx

If I remembered correctly, even Karen Faye said the dancers and lots of people who participate in TII were signed up for 2 year contracts. They were thinking to tour in other countries too. The contracts MJ signed initially is already more than just 10 shows. I can't remember it's 31 or other number.

sorry double post

The original contract mj signed stated a minimum of 18 and a max of 31 with more added if both agreed.so mj agreed to at least 18 shows.the only question is who agreed to the xtra 19 shows? Mj or thome

Thome, most likely. Most.. most likely. ...

The original contract mj signed stated a minimum of 18 and a max of 31 with more added if both agreed.so mj agreed to at least 18 shows.the only question is who agreed to the xtra 19 shows? Mj or thome

Thome, most likely. Most.. most likely. ...

In the end it really doesn't matter who agreed for the additional shows if Michael signed a contract giving Thome the power to do such (whether through the AEG contract or his contract with Thome). I believe the AEG contract indicated that his representative could make the decision but I would have to go back and check on this.

But, the thing is that at this time we have never seen or heard of anything indicating that Michael tried to get out of the contract or change the number of scheduled concerts to less than 50. I think a lot of beef with the 50 number comes from others versus from Michael.

Yeah legally it doesnt matter.but im intrested in it as a moral issue and what was going on interms of mj being the cash cow and what it says if thome went over mjs head.gives u an insight

if mj didnt want to do all 50 once they were anounced there would be nothing he could do realistically.as u say if thome agreed through the poa there was nothing illegal there. And mj knew the p.r effects of any shows getting pulled.so thats why it intrests me as to who agreed to the xtra 19.it gives u an insight of aeg etc attitude to mj and forcing him into a corner

Yeah legally it doesnt matter.but im intrested in it as a moral issue and what was going on interms of mj being the cash cow and what it says if thome went over mjs head.gives u an insight

if mj didnt want to do all 50 once they were anounced there would be nothing he could do realistically.as u say if thome agreed through the poa there was nothing illegal there. And mj knew the p.r effects of any shows getting pulled.so thats why it intrests me as to who agreed to the xtra 19.it gives u an insight of aeg etc attitude to mj and forcing him into a corner

I get what you are saying. But, obviously there was some sort of long term plans in effect just based off the other contracts, etc. I think that AEG was probably as any promoter would be -- thinking get as much as you can because this is going to be not only the hottest ticket but history.

I am trying to think in terms of timeline: MJ allegedly got rid of Thome after all that stuff went down with the property/items being close to being put up for auction, right? Wouldn't this have come out after the AEG contract? Surely if Thome messed up so badly with the contract agreement, MJ would have booted him then because locking you into a contract that you don't want would be huge. Of course this is just an opinion. Who knows . . . maybe the parting was due to a combination of things.

Everytime I think about Thome I still think how strang it was that he was at the hospital the day Michael died; I believe he was seen with Jermaine. And then didn't the judge make reference to Thome still being connected to Michael at the time of his death?

I just wish there was something out there in Michael's own words that pulls all this together versus everyone else putting what they think or want to have happened out there. So, I definitely understand what you mean, elusive.

It does matter who agreed for the additional shows a whole lot. It was not Michael who agreed to that and that's not me trying to desperately place the blame on others. Thome Thome has obstinately refused to consider himself fired, even though Michael did fire him for all the mess he put him in, starting with the Julien's Auctions. Feel like a broken record about this. .. Michael was only one human being, while his name was a whole empire, he couldn't oversee everything. I don't need additional papers to confirm this, it's actually the lack of them that are making all the difference, and by saying that, Murray's blame is not being reduced, for he still pulled the final trigger. But that's just for a different thread. It's sort of vexing, though, having to read the same ol' things pertaining to Michael's death, that 'Oh, we need the actual proof' and all that, and just how some can't seem to grasp on it being a more than dubious death. Actual proofs of everything won't be made available to us, it's how reality is. Michael's own words to his fans some reliable people here have heard and seen via YouTube at some point, also make me believe this a whole lot - for the upteenth time, that video existed and no, that wasn't a hologram of Michael's, nor people's hallucinations: he said almost tearing up that he didn't want these many concerts added. Rewind all the craziness prior to June 25, as well, and one will get an enormously twisted page of life, filled with abusive lawsuits and even fan crazes, just an all-round massive pressure.

But I'll stop now. Don't wanna have ppl accusing again of how some are influencing (and helping) Murray's defense with such comments and other such bull ish like we're in some prison or sth, or like Murray and team are that stupid. Nobody who did what he did and did not do that June 25, and to the most famous person in the world can be that stupid. Nobody. ..

Last edited:

And then didn't the judge make reference to Thome still being connected to Michael at the time of his death?

yes he did that was when thome was trying to get out of testifying. thome had 2 lawyers. one told the judge he wasnt working for mj in june ie got sacked in may which he did and the other said he was still working for mj in june. the lawyers obviously didnt talk to each other or something was going on. the other night it made me think about the insurance. correct me if im wrong but wasnt thom still on the policy into the middle of june when adjustments were being made for dancers being added etc. surely he would have been taken off? then theres the odd rumour about thome being brought back after mj sacked him in june. something went on but i doubt we will ever know the truth

This whole thing about Tohme is a complete mess. The man is still a mystery to be unraveled. I wonder where he is now.... :unsure: :fear:

It does matter who agreed for the additional shows a whole lot. It was not Michael who agreed to that and that's not me trying to desperately place the blame on others. Thome Thome has obstinately refused to consider himself fired, even though Michael did fire him for all the mess he put him in, starting with the Julien's Auctions. Feel like a broken record about this. .. Michael was only one human being, while his name was a whole empire, he couldn't oversee everything. I don't need additional papers to confirm this, it's actually the lack of them that are making all the difference, and by saying that, Murray's blame is not being reduced, for he still pulled the final trigger. But that's just for a different thread. It's sort of vexing, though, having to read the same ol' things pertaining to Michael's death, that 'Oh, we need the actual proof' and all that, and just how some can't seem to grasp on it being a more than dubious death. Actual proofs of everything won't be made available to us, it's how reality is. Michael's own words to his fans some reliable people here have heard and seen via YouTube at some point, also make me believe this a whole lot - for the upteenth time, that video existed and no, that wasn't a hologram of Michael's, nor people's hallucinations: he said almost tearing up that he didn't want these many concerts added. Rewind all the craziness prior to June 25, as well, and one will get an enormously twisted page of life, filled with abusive lawsuits and even fan crazes, just an all-round massive pressure.

But I'll stop now. Don't wanna have ppl accusing again of how some are influencing (and helping) Murray's defense with such comments and other such bull ish like we're in some prison or sth, or like Murray and team are that stupid. Nobody who did what he did and did not do that June 25, and to the most famous person in the world can be that stupid. Nobody. ..

Unfortunately, it goes back to the contract and if that contract (that Michael signed) allowed for anyone other than Michael to okay something about the concerts, including the final number, then in a way he handed over that power. But, the reason it doesn't matter hugely for me is that Michael apparently had plans that went past the London concerts anyway; so it doesn't seem as if he really said ten concerts only for me and nothing more (including the fact that the contract didn't have 10 only concerts). Let's be honest, if someone says you can deal with this person on my behalf and a promoter followed that, then that is hardly going behind someone's back; it's a business decision; now the thing is you better make sure the person speaking on your behalf knows your wishes backwards and forwards.

It is the same with this insurance contract. They could possibly be hoping that the technicalities of it all helps then win. And sometimes that is all that is needed, whether fair or not.

yes he did that was when thome was trying to get out of testifying. thome had 2 lawyers. one told the judge he wasnt working for mj in june ie got sacked in may which he did and the other said he was still working for mj in june. the lawyers obviously didnt talk to each other or something was going on. the other night it made me think about the insurance. correct me if im wrong but wasnt thom still on the policy into the middle of june when adjustments were being made for dancers being added etc. surely he would have been taken off? then theres the odd rumour about thome being brought back after mj sacked him in june. something went on but i doubt we will ever know the truth

There just seemed to be either too many hands in the pot or too many hands trying to get in the pot. That is when things go crazy.

Surely this should be able to be confirmed one way or the other in terms of pay checks, etc. I think about how Michael covered himself with Raymone. Wouldn't he have done so with Thome?

Frank came and rearranged things to two shows a week and a three month break. Some of the dates were changed and such. (remember some of you were crying about that) Robin Gibb said when he talked to Michael a few weeks before he died Michael told him he had no problem with the dates he was however worried about being torn apart by the press

This whole thing about Tohme is a complete mess. The man is still a mystery to be unraveled. I wonder where he is now.... :unsure: :fear:

Conveniently keeping a lower than low profile, so he doesn't get asked about anything. Remember how he cancelled his Larry King apointment on the show under a most pathetic, imbecile pretext of having some dental problems, as he saw how many questions would pour in for that show waiting to be answered.

Frank came and rearranged things to two shows a week and a three month break. Some of the dates were changed and such. (remember some of you were crying about that) [...]

A total mass hysteria had unfolded, yeah...

Robin Gibb said when he talked to Michael a few weeks before he died Michael told him he had no problem with the dates he was however worried about being torn apart by the press

:( *sigh*

Conveniently keeping a lower than low profile, so he doesn't get asked about anything. Remember how he cancelled his Larry King apointment on the show under a most pathetic, imbecile pretext of having some dental problems, as he saw how many questions would pour in for that show waiting to be answered.

Yes.... The simple fact that he have canceled was very suspicious to me. He knew he would be confronted and bombarded with many questions. And now he's out there.... *big sigh*

Yeah I never understood why he cancelled with Larry King. Hey the new show is effectively a tabloid now with Piers Morgan, I'm sure he'll feel right at home now.

Thome would have been stupid to go on king when there was a police investigation.in sure his lawyer put a stop to it.

Re: Insurer Seeks to Void Policy for Jackson Shows (Says Michael Never Had the Required Medical Exam

Of course Michael's death wasn't an accident. Just look at the evidence! Analyze and you will see.

Too many things that the LAPD isn't even looking into. I DO believe that the prosecution is IGNORING bits of important circumstantial evidence in this case.

This makes me so angry.

OT: this hits home or me so much when my best friend kept telling me that her husband was going to kill her. He was retired commercial pilot and she and I were flight attendantst. He has a 4,000 sq ft home in San Diego, CA. He never put her name on the deed and was a ver strange personality. They had been married about seven yrs when things went arry. she considered me part o her family cause she had no one else but that man she married. She trusted me with everythin, all of her posseesions that were special to her heart, things her mother had given to her when her mother had passed. I convinced her to stay , hang in there for 10 yrs and she wouldn't have a problem if a divorce pursued. Well, she called me and said she was upstairs in their family bedroom, one which she never slept in with him in yrs.
She had he afairs and he knew. He called me in March 2006 and said she shot and killed herself. He told me she put the gun in her mouth and blew her brains out and the next day, he cremated her body. I went down there to try and seekl inormation ffrom the detectives but all they wante to do was to swep It uner the carpet . She had no other family, I was the only one she trusted and to this day I think he killed her. Was there motive? money...intent? she was cremated! No closur or me what so ever.

Back on topic. As someone said earlier, "why" people kill? we will never really know that answere.:boohoo:boohoo

Last edited:
Insurers Of Michael Jackson Comeback Concerts Want His Medical Records
(CNS) Posted Monday August 15, 2011 – 9:10am
Members of the late Michael Jackson's estate are fighting an attempt by the insurers of the pop star's attempted comeback concerts to obtain his medical records.

Lloyd's of London filed suit against AEG Live and the Michael Jackson Company LLC in Los Angeles Superior Court on June 6.

Lloyd's wants a judge to declare it does not have to pay AEG's $17.5 million policy on grounds the insurers were not told the singer was taking drugs before he died June 25, 2009, at age 50.

The estate is not a party to the suit but has objected to a subpoena for Jackson's medical records, saying the information is confidential and protected by the physician-patient privilege.

Lloyd's issued seven deposition subpoenas for the records on July 12.

Two are directed at Dr. Arnold Klein, Jackson's former dermatologist, and Dr. Allan Metzgar, who once accompanied the entertainer on a concert tour in the 1990s and is a specialist in treating lupus.

Lawyers for the estate filed their objections to the subpoenas Aug. 5.

A hearing on their motion is scheduled Sept. 16.

Lloyd's lawsuit against AEG claims the company did not tell the insurer about the singer's medical history, "including, but not limited to, his apparent prescription drug use and/or drug addiction."

The company also alleges AEG did not disclose the star's use of propofol, an anesthetic that has been blamed for his death.

The singer allegedly received a dose of the powerful sedative from Dr Conrad Murray, who is scheduled to stand trial next month on a charge of involuntary manslaughter for allegedly not monitoring Jackson after administering the drug to help Jackson sleep.

http://bhcourier.com/article/Local/...eback_Concerts_Want_His_Medical_Records/79419

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back