o David Williams: guitar
o Mike Sembello: guitar
o Paul Jackson, Jr.: guitar
o Nathan Watts: bass guitar
o Ollie Brown: drums
* Provided Scream: LaToya Jackson
o The Jacksons: percussion
o Paulinho da Costa: percussion

No where do I see a drum machine nor synths.

and you're wrong, 'Swing' is the basically the manipulation of the drum machine. You're just reaching for the sake of it.

a synth is a keyboard. and as far as everything else you are saying...u don't have music knowledge dude. u fail, indeed...i'm not gunna go back and forth with u. Janet did not start this nj swing. Michael did. done. over. out.

slow down 'nasty', put it next to 'this place hotel' using the same tempo, and u will find that nasty walks in the footsteps of this place hotel. and, with this, i'm leaving this fruitless argument with u because u simply don't know swing. it's over.

DirtyDianaMJ☆;2784210 said:
And I posted the fact that She is FLOPPING and you can't seem to own up to it!! But I'ma let you keep on being delusional!!

Changing topics, I see. I never disputed that Janet didn't have a flop album. Since people consider going platinum flopping :sigh:

Right. I provided facts and you couldn't handle.

:rolleyes:

You must be one of those self-righteous "natural" people that rock afros and think Neo-Soul is REAL music :lol:

Not only do you have horrible music taste and your very childish as hell.. your very ignorant as hell as well because you only said that because I have a picture of Erykah Badu as my signature??? so ignorant. You dont know ish about me... Instead of pointing out things that have nothing to do with the arguement to criticise me on why dont you try backing your posts with REAL facts if you expect for me to take ur posts seriously... Its nothing to be taken personal. Its just a music discussion and if you cant be mature about it then just dont participate in it.

So much fail in this post.... :sigh:

I'm not a music expert, but I would think that while Teddy engineered the sound to try emulate sounds that he had heard before no? The sound is similar, but the technique in order to achieve the sound is what made it its own subgenre.

That is what a lot of artists do. Find a new way execute something and when successful, it becomes something innovative. Then, it becomes influential.

a synth is a keyboard. and as far as everything else you are saying...u don't have music knowledge dude. u fail, indeed...i'm not gunna go back and forth with u. u act like Janet invented the word 'swing'.

slow down 'nasty', put it next to 'this place hotel' using the same tempo, and u will find that nasty walks in the footsteps of this place hotel. and, with this, i'm leaving this fruitless argument with u because u simply don't know swing. it's over.

More fail... You're on a roll! :lol:

If there was synths in 'This Place Hotel' it would've been indicated just like this -

Prince's Dirty Mind album personnel -

* Allen Beaulieu – photography
* Lisa Coleman – keyboards, sitar, vocals
* Dr. Fink – synthesizer, keyboards
* Ron Garrett – remix assistant
* Bernie Grundman – mastering
* Bob Mockler – remixing
* Prince – arranger, composer, bass, drums, engineer, guitar, keyboards, producer, vocals

but its not and there isn't any synths nor drum machine in 'This Place Hotel' AND you will get over it. I bet you would say MJ influenced Opera too :hysterical:

'Nasty' is NOTHING like 'This Place Hotel'. Keep reaching for the stars.

More fail... You're on a roll! :lol:

If there was synths in 'This Place Hotel' it would've been indicated just like this -

Prince's Dirty Mind album personnel -

* Allen Beaulieu – photography
* Lisa Coleman – keyboards, sitar, vocals
* Dr. Fink – synthesizer, keyboards
* Ron Garrett – remix assistant
* Bernie Grundman – mastering
* Bob Mockler – remixing
* Prince – arranger, composer, bass, drums, engineer, guitar, keyboards, producer, vocals

but its not and there isn't any synths nor drum machine in 'This Place Hotel' AND you will get over it. I bet you would say MJ influenced Opera too :hysterical:

'Nasty' is NOTHING like 'This Place Hotel'. Keep reaching for the stars.

look up the definition of synthesizer, and you'll find that it doesn't have to be listed. you're too in love with Janet to know any better. i forgive you.

instrumentation has nothing to do with the word 'swing'. swing with a percussive sound was invented by MJ.

Changing topics, I see. I never disputed that Janet didn't have a flop album. Since people consider going platinum flopping :sigh:

But 20 Y.O. barely sold over 500K..and her last album didn't even sell over 500K..that is a FLOP when it comes to Janet, who is supposed to be a legend and the Queen in your eyes..

I'm not a music expert, but I would think that while Teddy engineered the sound to try emulate sounds that he had heard before no? The sound is similar, but the technique in order to achieve the sound is what made it its own subgenre.

That is what a lot of artists do. Find a new way execute something and when successful, it becomes something innovative. Then, it becomes influential.

The New Jack Swing sound is influenced by the Minneapolis sound in the first place. Teddy Riley didn't engineer the Minneapolis sound that would be Prince, Jam & Lewis and the rest of Prince's proteges

The FACT is Jam & Lewis innovated a New Jack Swing sound for Janet's Control album. I'm not lying. Geez, you mention Janet inspired or innovated something and people go in a frenzy on here. I'm not discreding MJ's contribution music in anyway. Some of you need to deal with the fact that there are other innovative artists and one happens to be his sister.

Not only do you have horrible music taste and your very childish as hell.. your very ignorant as hell as well because you only said that because I have a picture of Erykah Badu as my signature??? so ignorant. You dont know ish about me... Instead of pointing out things that have nothing to do with the arguement to criticise me on why dont you try backing your posts with REAL facts if you expect for me to take ur posts seriously... Its nothing to be taken personal. Its just a music discussion and if you cant be mature about it then just dont participate in it.

330tztk.jpg

and I have nothing else to say to your post.

The New Jack Swing sound is influenced by the Minneapolis sound in the first place. Teddy Riley didn't engineer the Minneapolis sound that would be Prince, Jam & Lewis and the rest of Prince's proteges

The FACT is Jam & Lewis innovated a New Jack Swing sound for Janet's Control album. I'm not lying. Geez, you mention Janet inspired or innovated something and people go in a frenzy on here. I'm not discreding MJ's contribution music in anyway. Some of you need to deal with the fact that there are other innovative artists and one happens to be his sister.

her and jam and lewis did not innovate new jack swing. i know you need it so bad it hurts, but it didn't happen. Michael did it. hopefully, you'll feel better in the morning. it has nothing to do with emotions. it's just fact.

look up the definition of synthesizer, and you'll find that it doesn't have to be listed. you're too in love with Janet to know any better. i forgive you.

instrumentation has nothing to do with the word 'swing'. swing with a percussive sound was invented by MJ.

I will excuse your delusions on this. You clearly are too manifested in your love for MJ to not accept FACTS. You couldn't take that Janet presented an album with a new sound so now you're looking through EVERY hole to connect MJ to the innovation of New Jack Swing. Wrong and more wrong. There's no synths in 'This Place Hotel'.

and LMFAOROFLOMFGGGGGGK :eek:

did you just say MJ invented Swing!? :mello:

I'm too f--king through with this mess!

her and jam and lewis did not innovate new jack swing. i know you need it so bad it hurts, but it didn't happen. Michael did it. hopefully, you'll feel better in the morning. it has nothing to do with emotions. it's just fact.

You're delusional. MJ didn't innovate New Jack Swing.

Janet, Jam & Lewis did :)

You'll get over it

I will excuse your delusions on this. You clearly are too manifested in your love for MJ to not accept FACTS. You couldn't take that Janet presented an album with a new sound so now you're looking through EVERY hole to connect MJ to the innovation of New Jack Swing. Wrong and more wrong. There's no synths in 'This Place Hotel'.

and LMFAOROFLOMFGGGGGGK :eek:

did you just say MJ invented Swing!? :mello:

I'm too f--king through with this mess!

i hope u r, because it is mess.

i said nj swing. not general swing. that would have to be jazz, itself.

u see...u keep using the word 'sound'. well, since we're talking about 'sound'. the 'sound' of njs started with this place hotel, and baby be mine.

at least...choose ur words carefully. i hope ur done :yes::D:)

u know u lost an argument when u use the word 'delusional'. along with not knowing music, u r an amateur psychiatrist. amateur for sure. :lmao: and..look who is pressed, now. expletives, included :lmao:

i know that comes with u knowing that i'm right about this.

by the way..i have a keyboard/synthesizer, so i know what one is. so a keyboard CAN be a synthesizer and doesn't have to be mentioned in credits.

i'll call the company that made it, and tell them, you have a dispute. LOL.

i hope u r, because it is mess.

i said nj swing. not general swing. that would have to be jazz, itself.

u see...u keep using the word 'sound'. well, since we're talking about 'sound'. the 'sound' of njs started with this place hotel, and baby be mine.

at least...choose ur words carefully. i hope ur done :yes::D:)

The SOUND didn't start with MJ. Trust that it didn't, delusional one.

The SOUND started with Prince in Minneapolis. So I guess this makes MJ influenced by Prince too since he released a NJS album :lol:

But anyway Janet, Jam & Lewis presented the 'Jungle Beat' which inspired the NJS genre. You know 'What Have You Done For Me Lately?' presented the "LatelyBass" preset that is now on keyboards :hysterical: YESS!! and that preset influenced techno and house music. Janet's influence crosses to f--king house and techno. Oh and MJ isn't even in the equation.

Get over it, vncwilliam

The SOUND didn't start with MJ. Trust that it didn't, delusional one.

The SOUND started with Prince in Minneapolis. So I guess this makes MJ influenced by Prince too since he released a NJS album :lol:

But anyway Janet, Jam & Lewis presented the 'Jungle Beat' which inspired the NJS genre. You know 'What Have You Done For Me Lately?' presented the "LatelyBass" preset that is now on keyboards :hysterical: YESS!! and that preset influenced techno and house music. Janet's influence crosses to f--king house and techno. Oh and MJ isn't even in the equation.

Get over it, vncwilliam

trueopian, ur whole argument is bogus. u might as well say Janet invented gunpowder, ur so over the edge, right now, with lies. MJ invented the sound of njs, in this place hotel..

and house..is it's own genre, and Janet Jackson had nothing to do with that. it's a lame sound, anyway..so i don't know why u wanna give that one to Janet.

u know u lost an argument when u use the word 'delusional'. along with not knowing music, u r an amateur psychiatrist. amateur for sure. :lmao: and..look who is pressed, now. expletives, included :lmao:

i know that comes with u knowing that i'm right about this.

by the way..i have a keyboard/synthesizer, so i know what one is. so a keyboard CAN be a synthesizer and doesn't have to be mentioned in credits.

i'll call the company that made it, and tell them, you have a dispute. LOL.

:hysterical:

You're so ridiculous its hysterical!!

There isn't synths in 'This Place Hotel'. Aren't you a MJ fan? LMAO! You should know this.

Open your ears -

[youtube]8r9k1QZM-F0[/youtube]

Prince is the one that created the Minneapolis sound in the late 70's.

A synthesizer is an electronic instrument that utilizes multiple sound generators to create complex waveforms that can be combined into countless sonic variations through various waveform synthesis techniques. and its styled like a keyboard. So yes, it could be referred as just a keyboard but in the credits it would be refereed to as a "synthesize,keyboard". Seriously get a clue! :lmao: Even if we go by your delusions as if there were synths in 'This Place Hotel'. It didn't inspire jack. Prince is the man that it all links back to :) I know it makes your blood boil to know that.

:hysterical:

You're so ridiculous its hysterical!!

There isn't synths in 'This Place Hotel'. Aren't you a MJ fan? LMAO! You should know this.

Open your ears -

[youtube]8r9k1QZM-F0[/youtube]

Prince is the one that created the Minneapolis sound in the late 70's.

A synthesizer is an electronic instrument that utilizes multiple sound generators to create complex waveforms that can be combined into countless sonic variations through various waveform synthesis techniques. and its styled like a keyboard. So yes, it could be referred as just a keyboard but in the credits it would be refereed to as a "synthesize,keyboard". Seriously get a clue! :lmao: Even if we go by your delusions as if there were synths in 'This Place Hotel'. It didn't inspire jack. Prince is the man that it all links back to :) I know it makes your blood boil to know that.

thanks for helping my argument about synths. i was gunna call yamaha, who made my instrument, to help u out, but i guess, that's not necessary now.

and now, i think ur going out of touch with Prince. i was just talking about njs. that's MJ's territory. and yes..i know what this place hotel sounds like.

unfortunately, i know u r refusing to put the two songs next to each other(nasty, and this place hotel), because i know u won't be able to tell the rhythms apart.

ur basically arguing my argument about synths and busting a gut at the same time. quite amusing.

ur saying that it can be called a keyboard, but not necessarily. haha.

so, the credit isn't needed.

by the way, taking something from MJ, and then applying it to Janet, and then, to Prince, then, back to Janet, only to give it back to Prince, when i stated it was from MJ, makes u an interesting character. whoa.

Last edited:
trueopian, ur whole argument is bogus. u might as well say Janet invented gunpowder, ur so over the edge, right now, with lies. MJ invented the sound of njs, in this place hotel..

and house..is it's own genre, and Janet Jackson had nothing to do with that. it's a lame sound, anyway..so i don't know why u wanna give that one to Janet.

The irony!
You refuted what you said earlier! That's how I know you're delusional compulsive liar. First, you said it was Guy that created NJS now you're saying MJ since I actually proved that Janet's album was the first present NJS :hysterical:

and yes, Janet did - WHYDFML It should be noted that the famous "LatelyBass" preset on the Yamaha TX81Z (used extensively on house and techno songs of the late '80s and '90s) was based on the bass tone of this song, and subsequently named after it as well.

thanks for helping my argument about synths. i was gunna call yamaha, who made my instrument, to help u out, but i guess, that's not necessary now.

and now, i think ur going out of touch with Prince. i was just talking about njs. that's MJ's territory. and yes..i know what this place hotel sounds like.

unfortunately, i know u r refusing to put the two songs next to each other(nasty, and this place hotel), because i know u won't be able to tell the rhythms apart.

:eek: Now I think you're just doing this on purpose

NJS- Janet, Jam & Lewis - Prince

It links back to the one and only - Prince Roger Nelson.

MJ didn't create a sound. He just helped popularize them.

MJ is the just the follower of the NJS genre that Janet, Jam & Lewis helped create. Get mad! Again, keep telling yourself all these delusions. You're the only one that believe them

The irony!
You refuted what you said earlier! That's how I know you're delusional compulsive liar. First, you said it was Guy that created NJS now you're saying MJ since I actually proved that Janet's album was the first present NJS :hysterical:

and yes, Janet did - WHYDFML It should be noted that the famous "LatelyBass" preset on the Yamaha TX81Z (used extensively on house and techno songs of the late '80s and '90s) was based on the bass tone of this song, and subsequently named after it as well.

:eek: Now I think you're just doing this on purpose

NJS- Janet, Jam & Lewis - Prince

It links back to the one and only - Prince Roger Nelson.

MJ didn't create a sound. He just helped popularize them.

MJ is the just the follower of the NJS genre that Janet, Jam & Lewis helped create. Get mad! Again, keep telling yourself all these delusions. You're the only one that believe them

no. i said it was Guy..then i corrected myself, and said it was MJ.

it was MJ, then Jam and Lewis, then Guy.

don't go too near Janet..ur too in love to see straight.

there are a lot of envious dudes of MJ, like u. they're in the media. yeah..i know ur on this site. that's the kicker.:lmao:

i'm havin a lot of fun, though. thanks.

Now it all comes from Prince..you are trying your hardest to shade MJ in order to make Janet look good..I know what you are doing..

Anyways, Control is Prince all the way..deal with it!!

DirtyDianaMJ☆;2784282 said:
Now it all comes from Prince..you are trying your hardest to shade MJ in order to make Janet look good..I know what you are doing..

Anyways, Control is Prince all the way..deal with it!!

Contradicting yourself, I see.

The NJS sound links back to Prince. That's what I said. Reading is essential.

No one's shading MJ :mello: is it because I'm not saying "Oh MJ created Jazz, R&B and every form of music" is it because Janet actually presented a NEW genre with an album which MJ failed to do. LMAOOO!! You people are so crazy.

Control inspired NJS which was inspired by the Minneapolis sound which was pioneered by Prince

:)

Isn't Dangerous a NJS album? :lol:

OM Goodness. What is going on in here? Stop it!

What's going on is there are fans letting their fandom in the way of reality. 144,000 thinks that MJ created New Jack Swing :mello: :hysterical:

You're delusional.

Jam & Lewis are proteges of Prince so there sound is from the Minneapolis sound. I swear its like talking to a 3 year old with you :mello: I bet you would say that MJ invented loafers, cars, white socks, shoes, gel, toothbrushes, etc. :lol: Crazy.

MJ didn't create NJS nor did he inspire the genre in any shape or form. He was too busy doing the Quincy Jones sound to influence NJS :lol: Now you're enraged. and no one's jealous of MJ :hysterical:

I'm going to stop since I'm speaking to a mentally deranged being.

like i said earlier, MJ added baby be mine, on thriller.

but he started NJS, with this place hotel.

and Prince's sound has nothing to do with the NJS. his sound is a totally different ball of wax, outside of Nasty, which is njs, which started with MJ. the rest of the control album is inspired by Prince. but MJ started njs.

now ur not able to have knowledge of music, so u have lying insults. u already decided to agree with me on keyboards, now, maybe, one day, u will be able to learn, and grow, when it comes to music, in general.:)

like i said earlier, MJ added baby be mine, on thriller.

but he started NJS, with this place hotel.

and Prince's sound has nothing to do with the NJS. his sound is a totally different ball of wax, outside of Nasty, which is njs, which started with MJ. the rest of the control album is inspired by Prince. but MJ started njs.

now ur not able to have knowledge of music, so u have lying insults. u already decided to agree with me on keyboards, now, maybe, one day, u will be able to learn, and grow, when it comes to music, in general.:)

More fail. 'Baby Be Mine' is R&B, no hint of NJS. Keep reaching. 'This Place Hotel' is R&B, not hint of NJS.

Are f--king kidding!? :mello: Prince was the one that created a hybrid of Funk, R&B with New Wave that influenced the genre New Jack Swing. New Jack Swing is basically the same thing but with Hip-Hop which Jam & Lewis did with Janet's Control album.

MJ didn't start NJS, delusional stan. MJ followed it with his Dangerous release

YOU are the one that has no knowledge in music. First you try to say a synthesizer is the same as a regular keyboard when it actuality its form is as one but totally different with different tools. You try to say 'This Place Hotel' has synths or any kind of hint of NJS. When it doesn't. So in conclusion, I'm speaking to someone who's mentally challenged.

More fail. 'Baby Be Mine' is R&B, no hint of NJS. Keep reaching. 'This Place Hotel' is R&B, not hint of NJS.

Are f--king kidding!? :mello: Prince was the one that created a hybrid of Funk, R&B with New Wave that influenced the genre New Jack Swing. New Jack Swing is basically the same thing but with Hip-Hop which Jam & Lewis did with Janet's Control album.

MJ didn't start NJS, delusional stan. MJ followed it with his Dangerous release and even his Bad album too.

YOU are the one that has no knowledge in music. First you try to say a synthesizer is the same as a keyboard when it actuality its shaped as one but totally different. You try to say 'This Place Hotel' has synths or any kind of hint of NJS. When it doesn't. So in conclusion, I'm speaking to someone who's mentally challenged.

hahah..

here are the two songs together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh_gaaUiNs8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tev8I_tCs7A

when u say keyboards in general, ur talking about a whole cottage industry of synthesized sound in a keyboard. u agreed with this, u know i said it, but u wanna keep going because u just want to be heard. i put the two songs together, and anybody who doesn't have a dog in the fight, will see that they sound the same beat.

MJ invented njs.

like i said, people who dish insulting names, have no knowledge. i'll let other people come to this post and click on the links. u just can't be spoken to.

Is it that you didn't understand what I said or you are just trying to ignore it. I said stop it! That means name calling, talking down to people, etc. Are you kidding my that your next post right after the warning, was another insult on people. It is not necessary. Thread closed for cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back