"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

or random things like Invincible stuff, random music video's recreations or other random moments. Just the essentials.

Going to have to stop you here .... Eddie is not a random moment. 🥰Hope they include eddie. Spike Lee is also not a random music video director. 🤨
When J Jackson reenacts the dangerous tour ... Sideah 🫶 was a huge part of that. Mtv would always show that clip of those two together...I for one , wished and wanted to be her. So many did ! Fact Fact Fact .
Plenty of ways to look at this. It is going to be pretty tough i think. In a way... i feel it is like the LG video currently ! :LOL:

Bubbles? .... 🥰

Who cares who wrote a song? Did Elvis’ song writers get name checked in his film? You guys complain about the length of the film yet want everyone who knew Michael in the damn thing. It is not important.
Who cares about Elvis' film? Siedah Garrett matters more than any of those writers, just like Man in the Mirror matters more as a song. I'm not backing down on that.

It's complex to me , & not a 'done' thing since the film seems to be wanting established today actors to play the characters who we knew of as 'real people' back then .if we were lucky to get Kevin hart to ' play' Eddie Murphy ... or whatever , it would be super emotional .i might just cry a little lol ....just all of this...super emotional .😕 Ms Siedah G's 'character reference ' tweet yesterday got me charged up! ..and teared up..... She was the backbone to Man In The Mirror...I think they need to re-think some things.

Extra- point- Will Smith ? now i know my man , Willlll is gonna get casted ? surely? voice over? ... hehe could he maybe provide a reenactment of James Earl Jones ?? the narration for the [ huge at the time] Video release - Motown On Showtime ? JEJ 's voice was used to some great effect to make points about Michael's career milestones at the time...🙃

Kayne West , Akon , Slash , John Landis, Will I Am ...

I hope the Biopic is meticulously detailed, the Creme De La Creme to bring new fans, and is the point reference that future fans will want to go to.

It's complex to me , & not a 'done' thing since the film seems to be wanting established today actors to play the characters who we knew of as 'real people' back then .if we were lucky to get Kevin hart to ' play' Eddie Murphy ... or whatever , it would be super emotional .i might just cry a little lol ....just all of this...super emotional .😕 Ms Siedah G's 'character reference ' tweet yesterday got me charged up! ..and teared up..... She was the backbone to Man In The Mirror...I think they need to re-think some things.

Extra- point- Will Smith ? now i know my man , Willlll is gonna get casted ? surely? voice over? ... hehe could he maybe provide a reenactment of James Earl Jones ?? the narration for the [ huge at the time] Video release - Motown On Showtime ? JEJ 's voice was used to some great effect to make points about Michael's career milestones at the time...🙃

Kayne West , Akon , Slash , John Landis, Will I Am ...

I hope the Biopic is meticulously detailed, the Creme De La Creme to bring new fans, and is the point reference that future fans will want to go to.
You're listing all the people who actually have no place in this, I'm sorry. Eddie Murphy was an anomaly in particular. Never talked to MJ after 92 again.

They could make a movie off of him just getting awards. I can't imagine they're prioritizing that.
We would be recognising his building achievements. To make him what he is today. So , as i said the [1989] Lifetime achievement award with Eddie Murphy should be imperative to include. This became The Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award.
Important for history and his story.

One more. And you know who else should get a mention? Prince should get a mention or character in the biopic and i know these two were like apples and oranges but fact .. it was the media which created that 'comparison ' and then that divide! I have a dvd from late 80s which the presenter is excitedly yet randomly plonked between two cardboard displays of both. Michael's image is there for no reason! and i don't know why m would be depicted on the dvd when it was a dvd of a p concert other than the media wanting to implement that rivalry. [especially breakfast news shows [done my homework here] - TVAM i'm watching u lol ...when you existed, yeah you ...name dropping rival creating ,bunch of messed up fiends. British media again .... :( ]

The media in general though , twisted & sabotaged so many things in Michael's lifetime including friendships and we , the fans also felt that! Fortunately [ much through Michael !!!] people are now much more ' media savvy' these days so I feel this mistermeaner should somehow be addressed or highlighted. ...somewhere.

Some could argue much like Drake & Abel 'beef' now ... history repeats itself. But getting back to the point. and i think my genuine request stands. Prince should be in this too.

If they do not wish to address this, or can't or whatever rules might be set in place for both estates then when/if j jackson.. reenact the ...scenes where ... michael passing broke .... I feel they should highlight , say a locked door in which Prince also cried for days & wouldn't come out!! just like you , me and many of us. When they go into how Michael's passing affected the world...celebs and 'regular' people , all the tweets and what have you ~they could combine all those scenes to represent ' the internet' age ...and that great shift in cultural society. Getting teared up just thinking on this ..But, hey I truly believe a 'locked door ' scene is at least , the right thing to do. to make it right in a way.
Yes!(y)
Our queen ,[!] see this magnetic name flow here ? 🤷‍♀️Madonna is another possible character /mention..

Random thought .. Bruno Mars to play possible Prince parts..?🤷‍♀️
Madonna ...um... who could play our queen, Madonna ? I have my ideas for her...really so many! another pivotal moment ....

~i I won't answer or any reply to this one ,people ...regardless ... If it is bad feed back ,good feed back , laughed at or ignored or duplicated feelings...
Then so be it. [as i have not studied the whole thread, sorry]. i just wanted the crass foundation, ...of the 80's/ early 90's media brainwashing and then the much more 'savvy' internet age ...and how this media mindset which controlled most of society eventually shifted [with the combination of mjjs death] and became perhaps, full circle. -out there.
Wow wow wow ! @wendijane !!:eek:

You're listing all the people who actually have no place in this, I'm sorry. Eddie Murphy was an anomaly in particular. Never talked to MJ after 92 again.
So,.. who would give him the lifetime achievement awards? will that not count?
I have to agree here, these people were a mere footnote in Michael's life. They do not deserve to be even namechecked.

His influences like James Brown, absolutely, a rival like Prince, yes but the likes of Eddie Murphy , nah.

Michael had found his new Eddie in Chris Tucker anyway, a man who continues to support MJ to this day.

Michael spent time with a hell of a lot of people and met some of the most famous icons to have ever lived throughout his time. All these encounters do not need scenes reenacted in a movie.

We would be recognising his building achievements. To make him what he is today. So , as i said the [1989] Lifetime achievement award with Eddie Murphy should be imperative to include. This became The Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award.
Important for history and his story.
When you make the case like that, it makes sense.

The 8 Grammys in one night definitely supercedes it still.

Who cares who wrote a song? Did Elvis’ song writers get name checked in his film? You guys complain about the length of the film yet want everyone who knew Michael in the damn thing. It is not important.
Yes, really. Man in the mirror is a great song, but no reason to give Siedah a role in the biopic. It really annoyed me a little in Bad25. The songwriting of the song was discussed intensively form Siedah, but no importance was actually given to the songwriting by Michael, who wrote all the other songs on the album.

I have to agree here, these people were a mere footnote in Michael's life. They do not deserve to be even namechecked.
But ... John Landis - Thriller !! / Black or white ?

Will I Am & Akon were the names that were in the studio with michael at the time of his new music and ' come back' in 2008...

Thriller25 - Kayne West

Slash - MTV 10...:unsure:
His influences like James Brown,
I would like to see James there too. @Blues_Away2023

but the likes of Eddie Murphy , nah.
Teeeeam Eddie for meee ! 🥰
Michael had found his new Eddie in Chris Tucker anyway, a man who continues to support MJ to this day.
I see you might like Chris Tucker! over Mr Murphy! ha- so , who would play the Chris character? 🤷‍♂️
Michael spent time with a hell of a lot of people and met some of the most famous icons to have ever lived throughout his time. All these encounters do not need scenes reenacted in a movie.

It's fun yet frustrating at the same time. Like I said it is a mission. A Michael Mission ! haha [ @14,000 !! ha! oh, for the love of God say something!! 🫥 i miss you though🫠]

Who cares about Elvis' film? Siedah Garrett matters more than any of those writers, just like Man in the Mirror matters more as a song. I'm not backing down on that.
I agree, you associate that song with Michael so much, he put his heart into it and like he says Siedah you gave me

One more. And you know who else should get a mention? Prince should get a mention or character in the biopic and i know these two were like apples and oranges but fact .. it was the media which created that 'comparison ' and then that divide! I have a dvd from late 80s which the presenter is excitedly yet randomly plonked between two cardboard displays of both. Michael's image is there for no reason! and i don't know why m would be depicted on the dvd when it was a dvd of a p concert other than the media wanting to implement that rivalry. [especially breakfast news shows [done my homework here] - TVAM i'm watching u lol ...when you existed, yeah you ...name dropping rival creating ,bunch of messed up fiends. British media again .... :( ]

The media in general though , twisted & sabotaged so many things in Michael's lifetime including friendships and we , the fans also felt that! Fortunately [ much through Michael !!!] people are now much more ' media savvy' these days so I feel this mistermeaner should somehow be addressed or highlighted. ...somewhere.

Some could argue much like Drake & Abel 'beef' now ... history repeats itself. But getting back to the point. and i think my genuine request stands. Prince should be in this too.
Still stoked someone finally said this. :D
If they do not wish to address this, or can't or whatever rules might be set in place for both estates then when/if j jackson.. reenact the ...scenes where ... michael passing broke .... I feel they should highlight , say a locked door in which Prince also cried for days & wouldn't come out!! just like you , me and many of us. When they go into how Michael's passing affected the world...celebs and 'regular' people , all the tweets and what have you ~they could combine all those scenes to represent ' the internet' age ...and that great shift in cultural society. Getting teared up just thinking on this ..But, hey I truly believe a 'locked door ' scene is at least , the right thing to do. to make it right in a way.
Got me thinking hard on your 'Prince locked door ' analogy Wend. Both were private artists. I would think a simple beautiful scene like this could have maximum impact and reflection for some. It would evoke some tears for damn sure.
Our queen ,[!] see this magnetic name flow here ? 🤷‍♀️Madonna is another possible character /mention..

Random thought .. Bruno Mars to play possible Prince parts..?🤷‍♀️
Madonna ...um... who could play our queen, Madonna ? I have my ideas for her...really so many! another pivotal moment ....
( (Maybe not Madonna ha ha ) ) You don't always get it right! haha o_O
~i I won't answer or any reply to this one ,people ...regardless ... If it is bad feed back ,good feed back , laughed at or ignored or duplicated feelings...
Then so be it. [as i have not studied the whole thread, sorry]. i just wanted the crass foundation, ...of the 80's/ early 90's media brainwashing and then the much more 'savvy' internet age ...and how this media mindset which controlled most of society eventually shifted [with the combination of mjjs death] and became perhaps, full circle. -out there.
The 'door' scene ...It could be the 'opening to the internet age'. Is that what you mean Wend?? with Michael passing and Prince bereft ? As 'X' or 'Twitter' goes wild. Estate take note of this! Please Wend @wendijane Come back and explain. ((I know she never will! haha)) I'm intrigued!

Instead of carrying on discussing who was important enough to be in the film and who not as to not make a movie about other celebrities... What about making some cameos extremely short? I'm thinking about Alfred Hitchcock-like cameos in his own movies - he would frequently have a cameo of maybe five seconds in his own movies. Now, if they did it this way, they could squeeze in all the Eddie Murphys, Madonnas, Princes, Siedah G., etc, etc. and the length of the movie would not suffer from it.
In a scenario like this I would think it be important to say the caracter's name out loud to make sure people would know who it is.

Instead of carrying on discussing who was important enough to be in the film and who not as to not make a movie about other celebrities... What about making some cameos extremely short? I'm thinking about Alfred Hitchcock-like cameos in his own movies - he would frequently have a cameo of maybe five seconds in his own movies. Now, if they did it this way, they could squeeze in all the Eddie Murphys, Madonnas, Princes, Siedah G., etc, etc. and the length of the movie would not suffer from it.
In a scenario like this I would think it be important to say the caracter's name out loud to make sure people would know who it is.
Yes of course, when the director is good you can get away with anything. I'll always say that.

That would actually be a cool thought. They could include him either in the RWY video or in MSG. It would be really cool to have an actual celebrity play himself.
Even more importantly, Chris Tucker played an important part in the 2005 allegations. They should definitely have this scene in the biopic and it would be even more meaningful if it was the real Chris Tucker playing himself as he warned Jaafar/Michael about the Arvizos:

Q. When you were trying to warn Michael Jackson about Janet, where was Janet?

A. She was in the next room.

Q. Okay.

A. Yeah.

Q. And did you -- did she ever come to you while you were trying to warn Michael?

A. I mean, it was knocks on the door. I don’t know who it was. But I don’t know who it was at the door, no.

Q. Do you recall Janet saying anything about Michael Jackson being a father to their family?

A. Oh, yes. Oh, yes. That was right before we went in the room. She was frantically -- the same thing. Michael’s the father. I’m the brother. And that’s when -- that’s when I told Michael. I took him in the room, and I was trying to talk to him. I said, “Something ain’t right.” Because I was never around her that much until that point. They came to the house and then in Miami. And I said, “Mike, something ain’t right.”

I’m astonished that they’re actually going all the way through his life. Very interested to see how it works it.
Im not astonished because that's what the director and producers have been saying since the beginning.

Back