"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

The runtime of this film will probably be between 2 and a half to 3 hours , I still don't know how they will fit so much in without it feeling rushed.

I have a feeling the 2005 trial might not be included at all, they could just mention in the end credits that MJ faced trial etc and was found innocent of all charges to this day.

The 93 case is really important because it changed his life. His career and reputation was never the same.

Could it possibly end with Man in the mirror Dangerous tour and include real MJ footage as the big finale?

What song what would fit for the bad tour you think? We will have motown25 Billie Jean, and seems like Man in the Mirror for the dangerous tour.

What song what would fit for the bad tour you think? We will have motown25 Billie Jean, and seems like Man in the Mirror for the dangerous tour.

Rock with You or Human Nature.

They were irrelevant during his life yes, but after his death they accused him of things he did during his peak.. it's not necessary to give them the correct name if they decide to include them. But mentioning them (even with fake names) in the script, is a way to say to the world " this is how their families met MJ and here's how they made profit of him)..
Why would they slowly like that introduce Leaving Neverland. Definitely not! It is about Michael, not LN 2.

Is that supposed to be some Off The Wall release party event? Or what exactly are we looking at in these pictures?

The runtime of this film will probably be between 2 and a half to 3 hours , I still don't know how they will fit so much in without it feeling rushed.

I have a feeling the 2005 trial might not be included at all, they could just mention in the end credits that MJ faced trial etc and was found innocent of all charges to this day.

The 93 case is really important because it changed his life. His career and reputation was never the same.

Could it possibly end with Man in the mirror Dangerous tour and include real MJ footage as the big finale?
I don't think we'll get much of Michael Jackson from the 2000s at all. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends with the Man in the Mirror performance, to be honest. I just hope I'm wrong because the drama Michael Jackson experienced in the '00s would definitely pique people's interest.

It's challenging to portray MJ during that era considering they'd have to cover Jaafar with makeup and prosthetics, and still I DOUBT it would look right. People are already complaining about his Thriller looks. Just imagine the uproar a This Is It Jaafar would cause — it would likely spark an even bigger wave of complaints.

My guess is that we'll see glimpses of an older Michael Jackson, maybe with sunglasses and a surgical mask, just to acknowledge that the later years of his life haven't been completely omitted.

Who the hell is on that OTW album cover btw? 🙈 it looks nothing like MJ or Jaafar 😂

Looks like a random competition winner

It does look a bit weird but I think we need to wait to see eit in the context of the movie. I am sure Elvis fans could have taken clips from the production and freaked out but in the end a pretty good movie was made.

There's no reason to include Wade and James in the biopic, they were irrelevant during Michael's life. They should only cover the 1993 and the 2005 allegations.
Not to mention this would open up the possibility of the Estate getting further sued by them for "using our names/likeness without asking" or some shit. They shouldn't be in the movie at all.

It's challenging to portray MJ during that era considering they'd have to cover Jaafar with makeup and prosthetics, and still I DOUBT it would look right.
They can just keep the same make-up and prosthetics for all eras after the vitiligo color change, all they need to change is the wig.

I think a lot of good can and probably will come from the biopic, including:

- a resurgence of interest in his music
- reaching new audiences
- the movie itself
- A release of new/unheard MJ music (as referenced by Prince Jackson)
- The family having a say in the narrative about Michael, his life and the allegations - a few key scenes could really paint a picture of the extorition, and if that is shown faithfully and in a way that allows viewers to make up their own mind, and do their own reseatch, it could be powerful.

I think this biopic has the potential to really springboard Michael's "career" (if you will) forward for the next 20 plus years. If it is a halfway decent movie and if it doesn't shy away from controversy it likely will be the biggest biopic we've ever seen. But it cant be a fluff piece. And it cant seek to answer 'all' of the questions about his life. It should be faihful to the facts and wherever doubt remains, it should be allowed to remain.

Here's what I think and ion care if it's an unpopular opinion

All of this is a joke to me. Biopics are no fun. I mean, why would you enjoy watching someone else acting as MJ when there is literally 4k concert footage out there. No. This ain't for me. Good if you like to waste 3 hours of your life seeing someone else acting as the greatest artist of all time, again, when there is CRYSTAL CLEAR concert footage from the 80's to be exhibited in cinemas all over the world. But no, let's make a boring ass 3 hour film of someone else acting as MICHAEL JACKSON. Oh but it is jafaar how could you say that. Yup, I CAN. still not Mike.
well no, nobody was or will ever be Mike. I’d personally rather see a documentary with actual footage of him. You get a lot out of watching candid videos he made or things he said in interviews. But the executors’ jobs are to make money for the estate and this biopic will accomplish that. It’s not for you ( or probably me).

well no, nobody was or will ever be Mike. I’d personally rather see a documentary with actual footage of him. You get a lot out of watching candid videos he made or things he said in interviews. But the executors’ jobs are to make money for the estate and this biopic will accomplish that. It’s not for you ( or probably me).

Doesnt have to be an either/or proposition. There are and will be documentaries made on Michael Jackson forever. Some of them aren't very good unfortunately. But it's not like the Estate hasnt done that and wont continue to do that. The first goal of this movie is to entertain. It will have a much wider impact that a documentary would.

1oTlWqFC_o.jpg

The best thing the biopic could do, is to show Michael's vitiligo getting steadily worse and more noticeable in each passing scene. If Jaafar looks perfect as Michael throughout that won't be an accurate reflection.

From early Thriller era on they should show Michael's cheeks being red (due to the Lupus) I fear they won't do that though.

Michael's health battles are an important part of his story, it would help the audience understand him.

It does look a bit weird but I think we need to wait to see eit in the context of the movie. I am sure Elvis fans could have taken clips from the production and freaked out but in the end a pretty good movie was made.
Speaking as a diehard Elvis fan… no. That movie was garbage. Visually it was decent and Butler did his best but the screenplay was awful and decided to go way beyond “creative liberties” and just flat out make shit up. Don’t even get me started on Hanks and his goofy ass accent. Biopics in general are usually pretty awful, I’m hoping this one is serviceable at best but biopics really aren’t for us (hardcore fanbase) and more for the general public/casual fan.

Speaking as a diehard Elvis fan… no. That movie was garbage. Visually it was decent and Butler did his best but the screenplay was awful and decided to go way beyond “creative liberties” and just flat out make shit up. Don’t even get me started on Hanks and his goofy ass accent. Biopics in general are usually pretty awful, I’m hoping this one is serviceable at best but biopics really aren’t for us (hardcore fanbase) and more for the general public/casual fan.
Yeah same what they say bout Bohemian as well. Not meant for fans but for locals or non fans even. Ive read in reddit, when Michael biopic got mixed comments at least they know and got a promo. There two posts for the first image and have 2k comments. But on TikTok, there more positive comments/ more excited for the movie.

Last edited:
This biopic has to be at least 3+ hours long otherwise it will be too short and will miss out on so many things. I'm really wanna see them show how he wrote and recorded his songs.

Doesnt have to be an either/or proposition. There are and will be documentaries made on Michael Jackson forever. Some of them aren't very good unfortunately. But it's not like the Estate hasnt done that and wont continue to do that. The first goal of this movie is to entertain. It will have a much wider impact that a documentary would.
But they could have done something groundbreaking on the documentary front for MJ. He's the first of the major superstars who was filmed for most of his life, and unique in the fact that he documented his personal and professional life extensively. There's so much footage of him that you can eschew the traditional documentary format and do something much more creative, e.g. tell the entire story (of his life, or specific periods of it) solely using footage of the time - no talking heads or journalists. They can even let him narrate the story himself using audio from the thousands of sources that exist.

I get that biopics are popular now and that it's an easy way to cash in. But a big reason biopics became popular is because they allow us to visualize what these famous artists were like in settings we had only read or heard about - it's the next best thing, in lieu of actually having real video from that time. In MJ's case you don't have to settle for the second best option. I also think a well-done documentary (series) will have a way longer shelf life and have a bigger impact on how he's perceived in the long run.

Let's hope the Estate considers projects like that alongside the big commercial cash-ins. But given their track record, it's more likely that all that footage is just slowly deteriorating.

I think a lot of good can and probably will come from the biopic, including:

- a resurgence of interest in his music
- reaching new audiences
- the movie itself
- A release of new/unheard MJ music (as referenced by Prince Jackson)
- The family having a say in the narrative about Michael, his life and the allegations - a few key scenes could really paint a picture of the extorition, and if that is shown faithfully and in a way that allows viewers to make up their own mind, and do their own reseatch, it could be powerful.

I think this biopic has the potential to really springboard Michael's "career" (if you will) forward for the next 20 plus years. If it is a halfway decent movie and if it doesn't shy away from controversy it likely will be the biggest biopic we've ever seen. But it cant be a fluff piece. And it cant seek to answer 'all' of the questions about his life. It should be faihful to the facts and wherever doubt remains, it should be allowed to remain.
Well, I hope that Taj will be able to release his documentary at the same time. So people who are open and intrigued can have a look at that and hopefully get some answers.

I noticed this too. The eyes and the smile look different.
It basically is the same. The only thing that is different is the eyes which look a bit off to me but I’m not worried because I’m just used to seeing Michael and I’m sure they will edit and stuff during post production. I hope they change the color of the chalk!

Back