"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

Showing Michael's true intentions/relationships/harassment with this movie should be enough right? They don't really need to mention the allegations in any way specifically imo

Showing Michael's true intentions/relationships/harassment with this movie should be enough right? They don't really need to mention the allegations in any way specifically imo
They need to show how he was victimized and lynched by the false allegations, the humiliation he suffered is very important so people realize he was the victim and empathize with him.

I don't see Invincible selling like Dangerous in any universe. The original material on HIStory was infinitely better than that of Invincible and yet HIStory sold 20 million.
there is nothing epic like Earth Song and TDCAU on Invincible, but HIStory is missing out on the more radio friendly songs like YRMW and Butterflies

1993 was forgotten by 2001, it was the Bashir interview that did the damage. Simply not doing that and nobody would care, and he'd also still be alive
I disagree completely, 1993 stuck with Michael for the rest of his life.

The boy he paid off, the boy he gave millions in hush money too etc , there was no definite outcome from this, it left him and the public with doubt in their minds.

It was the worst decision he ever made. At least in 2005 he was found not guilty. In 93 he left himself wide open for future people to try and take advantage of him (and they did).

1993 was forgotten by 2001, it was the Bashir interview that did the damage. Simply not doing that and nobody would care, and he'd also still be alive
Nope. 1993 was the cloud that hung over Michael's legacy. It was the building block 2003 was built on. I think had he fought 1993 in court, there wouldn't have been people piggybacking on the claims to try and make a quick buck.

there is nothing epic like Earth Song and TDCAU on Invincible, but HIStory is missing out on the more radio friendly songs like YRMW and Butterflies
You Are Not Alone was a hit and They Don't Care About Us is his second most viewed video on YouTube.
I think it had way more potential for success than invincible

The boy he paid off, the boy he gave millions in hush money too etc , there was no definite outcome from this, it left him and the public with doubt in their minds.

It was the worst decision he ever made. At least in 2005 he was found not guilty. In 93 he left himself wide open for future people to try and take advantage of him (and they did).
Plenty of people have not and will never give any stock to these allegations.

"Millions in Hush Money"

Not accurate at all.

Anyway, who cares what naysayers have to say, what a magazine writes, or anything else? Either you believe he's innocent or not. No one's gonna crucify me for saying otherwise, I don't care what trumped up logic they got. Take a wide look at your other "faves' anyway, see if they come off so clean either.

MJ was done wrong in many ways and also admittedly did make it harder for himself at times also, we don't need to rehash how unfortunate it was.

Completely inaccurate, he never paid "hush money" he wanted to go to a criminal court and defend himself and made various motions to go into a criminal court before the civil trial which were denied, he would have been forced to defend himself in a civil court first before later having a criminal trial, he was investigated most of 1993, there was nothing found and then he settled out of the civil trial, there was still a potential criminal trial and the crooks who were lying about being "abused" refused to co-operate. The media spun this against him and made shit up like they always do regarding him

I don't see Invincible selling like Dangerous in any universe. The original material on HIStory was infinitely better than that of Invincible and yet HIStory sold 20 million.

I think he did lose it but it wasn't immediately after 1993. It was before 2001. I think HIStory remains some of his best work. I think Invincible was phoned in. I just dont recognize the greatness of Michael Jackson in anything he did in 2001, and if anything therer were more signs of artistic regeneration in This Is It than anything in Invncible era.
History sold less because of
The album was very expensive (Sony)​
Only 5 singles were released from HIStory first 18 months (Sony)​
appalling marketing of HIStory after the release You Are Not Alone (Sony)​
The Media review bombing it since they hated Michael and wanted him to fail​
Being slandered with claims of "antisemitism" after They Don't Care about Us​
Three of these were because of Sony, the other two reasons were because of the media.
Invincible had no promotion or marketing, the 30th anniversary concert could have been the next Black or White, since it aired to nearly 50 million people just in the United States. Instead it wasn't covered anywhere, that obviously damaged sales. It sold 3 million in the first 6 days of release, with proper promotion, singles releases and music videos during it's first 2 months it would have sold at least 12-15 million by the end of the year without question

Plenty of people have not and will never give any stock to these allegations.

"Millions in Hush Money"

Not accurate at all.

Anyway, who cares what naysayers have to say, what a magazine writes, or anything else? Either you believe he's innocent or not. No one's gonna crucify me for saying otherwise, I don't care what trumped up logic they got. Take a wide look at your other "faves' anyway, see if they come off so clean either.

MJ was done wrong in many ways and also admittedly did make it harder for himself at times also, we don't need to rehash how unfortunate it was.
But the fact is, shit sticks and so have these allegations and unfortunately he will always be associated with them.

It doesn't matter how many positive articles are written about him, there will always be that one or 10 comments that call him a nonce , I'd rather my favourite artist was not associated.

When you say take a wide look at your other favourites, what are you trying to say and what favourites are you referring to?

Completely inaccurate, he never paid "hush money" he wanted to go to a criminal court and defend himself and made various motions to go into a criminal court before the civil trial which were denied, he would have been forced to defend himself in a civil court first before later having a criminal trial, he was investigated most of 1993, there was nothing found and then he settled out of the civil trial, there was still a potential criminal trial and the crooks who were lying about being "abused" refused to co-operate. The media spun this against him and made shit up like they always do regarding him
He settled for money to put an end to the talking and to get rid of the case. Call it whatever you like.

Like what? About his face? Sex life etc? These are all questions that I would expect him to ask , the public wants to know.

It wasn't supposed to be a whitewash, nothing off limits

It was expressly not to be tabloid journalism, though almost everything about Michael Jackson somehow becomes, because attention = ¢€$#.

To me a serious journalist finds out more interesting questions than what the public has been trained to have on their minds. Anyone could have put those questions to MJ, and everyone did, Winfrey, Sawyer...

A good journalist has the ability to make the interviewee open up. Michael didn't need even that, he was so eager to be humanized that he tolerated Bashir, who was totally superfluous and detracts from understanding MJ. Probably Bashir's team has many hours more footage with Michael, showing him to be a human being and also more magic stuff we might never get to see unless it becomes really popular to show Michael in a good light.

I think the best movies yet to understand Michael are the candid footage mainly filmed by his own team like The footage you were never meant to see & Michael Jackson: Commemorated.

Last edited:
It was expressly not to be tabloid journalism, though almost everything about Michael Jackson somehow becomes, because attention = ¢€$#.

To me a serious journalist finds out more interesting questions than what the public has been trained to have on their minds. Anyone could have put those questions to MJ, and everyone did, Winfrey, Sawyer...

A good journalist has the ability to make the interviewee open up. Michael didn't need even that, he was so eager to be humanized that he tolerated Bashir, who was totally superfluous and detracts from understanding MJ. Probably Bashir's team has hundreds of hours more footage with Michael, showing him to be a human being and also more magic stuff we might never get to see unless it becomes really popular to show Michael in a good light.

I think the best movies yet to understand Michael are the candid footage mainly filmed by his own team like The footage you were never meant to see & Michael Jackson: Commemorated.
His private home movies was what we wanted to see, he should have filmed a 3 hour version of that and released it instead of working with Bashir.

His private home movies was what we wanted to see, he should have filmed a 3 hour version of that and released it instead of working with Bashir.
Yes! I can also imagine a movie compiled from more footage filmed with his friends, some famous, some not. Probably still highly possible, though the true friends are rightly very protective so it may not happen for a while if ever.

Yes! I can also imagine a movie compiled from more footage filmed by his friends, some famous, some not. Probably still highly possible, though those people are rightly very protective so it may not happen for a while.
After the biopic we need to start a movement to get that aired again, he's already incredibly popular on social media right now.

I'd rather call it what it is than what it isn't, but that's just me.
Lets be honest, in a way you could argue a part was 'hush money'. The deal was stop the (civil case) and dont ever talk about it and get some money, even though MJ also has other reasons, his advisors said it was better to pay off and move on, which was the wrong decision.

Obviously we as fans also know the backstory like Ihatethemedia mentioned
But the problem is that, even till this day cause I see it everyday on social media, that a lot of people see it as 'hush money' and dont know the background. Luckily theres a great MJarmy on twitter replying with the facts.

Lets be honest, in a way you could argue a part was 'hush money'. The deal was stop the (civil case) and dont ever talk about it and get some money, even though MJ also has other reasons, his advisors said it was better to pay off and move on, which was the wrong decision.

Obviously we as fans also know the backstory like Ihatethemedia mentioned

But the problem is that, even till this day cause I see it everyday on social media, that a lot of people see it as 'hush money' and dont know the background. Luckily theres a great MJarmy on twitter replying with the facts.
Spot on, that's the point I was trying to make.

It was a pay off to stop things from going any further. I don't know why these diehards need to come down on my arse over the terminology. It's not me they need to educate.

Let’s guess John Branca will donate 30 million dollars from the estate money and will play his big role : Michael during the this is it rehearsals in the movie and how he found 870 Demos of behind the mask

Spot on, that's the point I was trying to make.

It was a pay off to stop things from going any further. I don't know why these diehards need to come down on my arse over the terminology. It's not me they need to educate.
It literally stopped nothing, Chandler stopped them. He was just that much of a leech that the case evaporated because he got what he really wanted. All criminal proceedings could have carried on with nothing to dampen them. You don't seem to remember that distinction.

Last edited:
Nope. 1993 was the cloud that hung over Michael's legacy. It was the building block 2003 was built on. I think had he fought 1993 in court, there wouldn't have been people piggybacking on the claims to try and make a quick buck.
Nowadays I see people mentioning books MJ had in his library; that's their go to. As soon as he was accused, it was a death kneel in every way. These days, the accusations THEMSELVES are enough to stain someone forever. And they had been trying to call him that way before the 90s, they simply got it to stick with this.

Like, I'm gonna sound crazy but this SNL skit literally happened to MJ. This country (America)'s citizens and higher up have been doing this to him the whole time.

The reason for the Bashir interview was an attempt to repair Michael's image, it failed miserably.

Living with MJ came out in 2003, his image was tarnished since the first set of allegations.
Yeah, it was. But still he had overcome it. After HIStory he was somewhat on top again for a while. Only in the wake of the Invincible album it got a bit strange again, though there was no real need to temper with the image. But the Bashir shit just opened old wounds and threw us right back to 1993. Had he not paraded Arvizo around, nothing bad would have come of it. But to open the can of worms again and admitting that he shares a bed with children just was throwing down the gauntlet to everyone that wanted to bring him down.

Hmm. Yes and no. It was a short term solution to a long term problem. In hindsight, yes it was a mistake. But at the time, when you don't know you can beat those cases and might end up in jail for something you didn't do, the decision is understandable. The money didn't come out of his pocket, so that made the decision easier, I guess.

Yeah I wouldnt say 93 was ever forgotten, but the damage was compounded thanks to Bashir.
If not for Bashir there would be no possible argument against him since there's numerous smoking guns during the investigation and a million holes in the case

Lets be honest, in a way you could argue a part was 'hush money'.
We do not need to use intentionally negative phrases to describe the case when we already know what it was and what it wasn't. As already stated above it did nothing to stop any legal proceedings.

I guess we should just all start saying MJ paid boys off and provided hush money even though it's not correct at all.

Last edited:
nope 1993 was never forgotten all my life since 1993 i had family , friends and strangers believing that mj was a pedo

Back