"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

I'd be more surprised if they did NOT include Jackson 5 scenes. I mean Michael is not like other singers, where you can just skip their childhood in their biopic. Michael was a SUPERSTAR when he was a kid. You can't skip that like it was nothing!
No but I thought they’d skip most of it for his Motown solo career. I expected the brothers to be there somewhere but more as background figures without any significant dialogue but it looks they will have a significant part in the film.

Me too, we've already had The Jacksons An American Dream mini series that already showed us everything Jackson family related.

I hope to god they don't show bloody Jermaine staying at Motown and a rift between the brothers.

This is an MJ solo film, there's so much stuff in Michael's life that they could make this into a part 1 and 2, they should be skipping past a lot of the Jacksons stuff if we're only getting one movie.

Give The Jacksons their moment to shine but please keep it brief.
I was expecting a Jacksons biopic some years after ”Michael” especially since I heard the news about all 4 Beatles members getting an individual biopic

I believe I am. Why? Because I think it's crazy that people let their opinions be swayed by movies? People had their opinions swayed by the Neverland movie. It would be crazy if they would just get swayed back by this movie, which may take liberties like the Bohemian Rhapsody movie did. People should make their opinions based on real stuff, not by movies that have an agenda.
When you put it like that, that makes total sense. Unfortunately, bad news is stronger than good news. At least at first. Lies run sprints but the truth runs marathons.

I was expecting a Jacksons biopic some years after ”Michael” especially since I heard the news about all 4 Beatles members getting an individual biopic
I'm pretty sure the Fab 4 are more popular than the Jackson 5/Jacksons. The Beatles are for sure more written about and have more things based on them. Even movies based on their songs like Yesterday, All This And WWII, & Across The Universe. The Beatles compilation 1 us one of the biggest selling albums released in the 2000s and it had nothing new on it. That was actual CD sales, not streaming numbers like new releases today. The Beatles also had successful solo careers, even Ringo's earlier albums and his current All Starr Band tours. Even a lot of Michael Jackson fans don't pay much attention to the brothers records. Expecting the general public to do so is less likely.

They could easily make a montage for Joe and Katherine's early love, and then lead into the J5 Days. Obviously they'd skip most of the career highlights and emphasize how MJ was feeling.

Me too, we've already had The Jacksons An American Dream mini series that already showed us everything Jackson family related.
Not everyone has seen that. I haven't. A big budget mainstream film is a whole different thing to a tv mini series. So many of the people on the production team for this biopic are Oscar winners or Oscar nominated. It doesn't guarantee success, of course, but it's a big deal.

I hope to god they don't show bloody Jermaine staying at Motown and a rift between the brothers.

This is an MJ solo film, there's so much stuff in Michael's life that they could make this into a part 1 and 2, they should be skipping past a lot of the Jacksons stuff if we're only getting one movie.

Give The Jacksons their moment to shine but please keep it brief.
I'm sure they will.

I'd be more surprised if they did NOT include Jackson 5 scenes. I mean Michael is not like other singers, where you can just skip their childhood in their biopic. Michael was a SUPERSTAR when he was a kid. You can't skip that like it was nothing!
Exactly so. I wouldn't expect the J5 part to take up loads of time but it's inconceivable to me that it could be left out or skipped over in a couple of minutes. It can be dealt with fairly swiftly but it simply cannot be ignored, imo. In the US the first 4 singles went to No.1. That is massive especially for an African American singing group. They had a cartoon, they did prime time tv adverts. Jacksonmania was a real thing and it was global. Michael was on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine. It doesn't matter how much anyone might hate RS and, yes, it's beyond annoying that only Michael was on the cover, not the brothers as a group. Fact is, RS did not write about teen singing groups and yet J5 got that big piece in 1971. Doesn't have to be in the film but, again, that was a big freakin' deal at the time.

I'm not saying they have to include Jacksonmania scenes. But if they do it gives a great context for later scenes from Michael's solo adult career.

I don't know if they will try to recreate the iconic Who's Lovin' You performance but they need to show something that illustrates what a phenomenon J5 were. Michael was astonishing as a child performer. I had never seen anything like it. He blew my freakin' mind.

Michael wasn't the first child star but, in the modern era, who else is like him?

Last edited:
They could easily make a montage for Joe and Katherine's early love, and then lead into the J5 Days. Obviously they'd skip most of the career highlights and emphasize how MJ was feeling.
they have alreday done that in the jacksons an Amercian dream it doesn't need to be repeated.

Hardly anyone knows "an american dream". Some of you forget that this will be a movie for Non-Fans! We are not the target group. It will be good if Michael Biopoc tells the whole story. Not just 1979 til 2001 or so.. ;)

I'm pretty sure the Fab 4 are more popular than the Jackson 5/Jacksons. The Beatles are for sure more written about and have more things based on them. Even movies based on their songs like Yesterday, All This And WWII, & Across The Universe. The Beatles compilation 1 us one of the biggest selling albums released in the 2000s and it had nothing new on it. That was actual CD sales, not streaming numbers like new releases today. The Beatles also had successful solo careers, even Ringo's earlier albums and his current All Starr Band tours. Even a lot of Michael Jackson fans don't pay much attention to the brothers records. Expecting the general public to do so is less likely.
Of course they are more popular.
But we’re in the era of biopics, everybody and their dog is getting one (even Priscilla got one). So a biopic about one of the most famous music families of all time surely isn’t far fetched, especially not if it is centered on Joe for example. I also expect one about Lisa Marie which will again need to include Michael in a side role.

Don't forget we already had a tv version in the 90s and it was fairly popular even and the band wasn't popular anymore either in the 90s.

Last edited:
Hardly anyone knows "an american dream". Some of you forget that this will be a movie for Non-Fans! We are not the target group. It will be good if Michael Biopoc tells the whole story. Not just 1979 til 2001 or so.. ;)
Thing is i dont think non fans will see it majority of them have their minds up bout michael

Of course they are more popular.
But we’re in the era of biopics, everybody and their dog is getting one (even Priscilla got one). So a biopic about one of the most famous music families of all time surely isn’t far fetched, especially not if it is centered on Joe for example. I also expect one about Lisa Marie which will again need to include Michael in a side role.

Don't forget we already had a tv version in the 90s and it was fairly popular even and the band wasn't popular anymore either in the 90s.
It didn't make much money either. Priscilla had a previous TV biopic in the 1980s. More music biopics are made for TV than movie theaters (New Edition, Aaliyah, Clark Sisters, The Osmonds, TLC, Bobby Brown, Michel'le, George Jones & Tammy Wynette, Boy George, Little Richard, The Monkees, Beach Boys, The Temptations, etc). With TV, it can be done in multiple parts. The New Edition Story was a 3 night 6 hour movie and Bobby Brown's was 2 nights 4 hours. Both had the same actors. 6 (or 10 for Bobby) hours would not have been done with a theatrical biopic. New Edition was originally going to do a theatrical movie, but the members later decided that would not have been enough time.

Just came up with this idea, after the Biopic we get re-issues of Dangerous and History and the music videos get mainstream airtime on television to promote them like they used to. For Invincible to boost the sales they could make music videos based on Michael's concepts of it, either using AI or having Jafaar portray Michael in the videos, with coverage on social media the sales for a re-issue of Invincible would be way higher

I know this is wishful thinking, but it would be great for us

Just came up with this idea, after the Biopic we get re-issues of Dangerous and History and the music videos get mainstream airtime on television to promote them like they used to. For Invincible to boost the sales they could make music videos based on Michael's concepts of it, either using AI or having Jafaar portray Michael in the videos, with coverage on social media the sales for a re-issue of Invincible would be way higher

I know this is wishful thinking, but it would be great for us
People are not going to watch music videos on TV when there's Youtube & TikTok. That's the reason MTV mostly stopped showing them and were replaced with reality TV shows. On regular (non-cable) TV in the 1980s, music videos were shown on Friday Night Videos, which came on once a week late at night.

GHjyhmXXYAAsaSD

It'll be interesting to see if the film can do anything to stop the "black/white" Michael stigma some people still peddle. Showing an 80s song MJ brings to completion in the 90s or 2000s would do a lot in that regard.

It'll be interesting to see if the film can do anything to stop the "black/white" Michael stigma some people still peddle. Showing an 80s song MJ brings to completion in the 90s or 2000s would do a lot in that regard.
How i wish that was possible

Him being casted as young MJ without someone else a bit older (between this actor and Jaafar) really gives you insight as to what periods they wont be capturing in the biopic.
Jaafar is young enough to portray Jackson's Era MJ. Maybe not One Day in your Life but would you really need another person for that?

Him being casted as young MJ without someone else a bit older (between this actor and Jaafar) really gives you insight as to what periods they wont be capturing in the biopic.
I wonder if it also means that they will skip over the pre-motown period... I would be a bit disappointed if they don't at least show how young Michael was when he started, losing his childhood because he was working day and night at such a young age.

I wonder if that's part of the movie:
Colman Domingo said he wants to find Joe Jackson's "humanity, heart and humor" in the biopic so they'll probably tone down on the abuse a bit and display it as an act of tough love. Maybe they'll show Joe hitting his children a few times but nothing overly violent.

I wonder if it also means that they will skip over the pre-motown period... I would be a bit disappointed if they don't at least show how young Michael was when he started, losing his childhood because he was working day and night at such a young age.
They're probably not going to get into that. The group was originally the 3 oldest brothers, Mike & Marlon were added later. Jermaine was the lead singer in the 3 member group. If something is mentioned maybe The Falcons. The Falcons are indirectly why the J5 exists. Tito playing Papa Joe's guitar when he was gone.

Colman Domingo said he wants to find Joe Jackson's "humanity, heart and humor" in the biopic so they'll probably tone down on the abuse a bit and display it as an act of tough love. Maybe they'll show Joe hitting his children a few times but nothing overly violent.
That is not what he means by that.

The movie needs to dispel the idiotic conspiracy theory about Michael secretly having other people father his children, so sick of that shit. Branca said the film will expose the tabloids, so they better put their money where their mouth is. This is one of the biggest lies pushed

The movie needs to dispel the idiotic conspiracy theory about Michael secretly having other people father his children, so sick of that shit. Branca said the film will expose the tabloids, so they better put their money where their mouth is. This is one of the biggest lies pushed
I agree even a lot of fans believe that nonsense. When even fans believe slander about Michael who needs mj haters?

Not sure it has anything to do with conspiracy theories, Michael was a black man, those kids are completely white , Bigi looks slightly Hispanic.

You speak as though it is 100% made up lies but the truth is it is extremely unlikely they are his biological kids, not that it matters BTW.

He was still their dad.

I don't wanna argue about those kids, one way or the other. He took care of em.

But my two cents:

It's just silly the way people be mathing this stuff. They got a white mom. Prince and Paris do.

People act like they were supposed to come out African dark. Both of them have passed and still do pass as light skins, not the version of a light skin you think they have to look like.

If you saw me you'd think I'm white at times, with two light skin parents and only one white grandparent; every other one was darker than all the Jackson's.

Y'all ain't geneticists so please stop acting like this.

And everybody knows Blankets surrogate mom was a Latina. Otherwise he (was) the spitting image of MJ.

Omg yes!!!!!! it shits me like no tomorrow

Back