"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

That happened already long time ago and it is a very dark cloud
how so when ‘thriller’ is still charting in 2023/4?
his music is still being played and discovered by new generations on social platforms. we just about reached point where people could separate the artist from the person. then came the news of this biopic..

his music is still being played and discovered by new generations on social platforms. we just about reached point where people could separate the artist from the person. then came the news of this biopic..
The music was separated from the artist in 2009 imo but 2019 reversed that idea. The narrative is too one sided now, Michael has been taking punches to the face since 2019, finally it feels like the Estate is fighting back, it is well due.

That is if the Estate is clear and aggressive in their stance regarding the allegations, if they can’t explicitly speak out his innocence in the film (because of fear of media criticism) then they have failed on Michael and his legacy. So I am personally very happy regarding the supposed leak of the script.

Michael is still selling and that is good but the biopic will most likely have a very positive effect on his legacy. I expect a big gain of thriller sales.

What would you propose the Estate to do instead of a biopic? I see nothing else in a creative or musical sense. I see this as Michael’s last stand, his final big moment before the inevitable drop into obscurity.

I personally can’t wait and I hope you will eventually get around and view the project more positively. 🙂

The music was separated from the artist in 2009 imo but 2019 reversed that idea. The narrative is too one sided now, Michael has been taking punches to the face since 2019, finally it feels like the Estate is fighting back, it is well due.

That is if the Estate is clear and aggressive in their stance regarding the allegations, if they can’t explicitly speak out his innocence in the film (because of fear of media criticism) then they have failed on Michael and his legacy. So I am personally very happy regarding the supposed leak of the script.

Michael is still selling and that is good but the biopic will most likely have a very positive effect on his legacy. I expect a big gain of thriller sales.

What would you propose the Estate to do instead of a biopic? I see nothing else in a creative or musical sense. I see this as Michael’s last stand, his final big moment before the inevitable drop into obscurity.

I personally can’t wait and I hope you will eventually get around and view the project more positively. 🙂
the allegations should be handled in court by the legal team. it’s the same charges by the same accusers.. nothing new. they’re suing his production companies, which have rejected any responsibility. let the evidence, or lack there of, speak for itself the way it did before.

unfortunately even if michael is shown to be not guilty (which he was multiple times), he was still an adult who slept in the same bed as unrelated children. there’s no getting around that. for a lot of people it was, and still is inappropriate, even if no abuse took place.

a biopic overseen by the family & estate, that addresses these issues, will be viewed as one sided and biased. it isn’t even complete yet and the media are already complaining. can you imagine how bad it will get once it is? why remind the public of all of that?

I don’t understand this fear of michael being forgotten. he was too unique and groundbreaking for that to ever happen. he’s literally in the history books. his influence is seen in many of today’s artists. usher recently wore a sparkly glove to pay tribute at the superbowl. it’s unrealistic to expect him to be as big as he was during his peak. yet he still manages to pull in impressive numbers.

he doesn’t need a biopic full of trials & tribulations to keep him relevant. instead, the estate needs to focus on projects that honour the values that michael represented. that’s one way to expand his audience (‘thriller 40’ documentary completely missed the mark).

maybe they could reissue media that is long out of print? the e.t storybook for example. or find a way to complete projects that never saw the light of day? his short films could be remastered on his official YouTube channel, and key performances could also be uploaded there (why isn’t motown 25 available?) i personally think it would be amazing if michael had his own (fictional) animated series, outside of the j5 cartoon🤩💜

having said that, I don’t need anything. I’m perfectly happy with what michael released during his lifetime.

Why should the artist be separated from the person? Michael was a wonderful person and he deserves to be recognized as such.
I’m disputing or agreeing with that. I never knew, spoken to, or spent time with him. no matter how many books, interviews or documentaries I’ve consumed of him.

still, there’s no mistaking that his life was controversial and often overshadowed his musical genius. I think this biopic will make things worse. just my opinion.

Worrying about what the media says is a waste of time. They're never going to be favourable to him. But people are disconnected from the media now more than ever. The media could call Michael guilty and say the movie is terrible and it still will gross over a billion dollars and his albums will dominate the charts. I think at this point most people have made up their mind one way or another on Michael Jackson and my personal experience is that most people think he was talented, weird, and ultimately 'probably' innocent. Those who think he's guilty cant stop us from havinbg our own little party over here and enjoying his music.

I’m disputing or agreeing with that. I never knew, spoken to, or spent time with him. no matter how many books, interviews or documentaries I’ve consumed of him.

still, there’s no mistaking that his life was controversial and often overshadowed his musical genius. I think this biopic will make things worse. just my opinion.
As much as I love Michael, his relationship with children is something I did not agree with. It was odd and certainly not normal. However, as we all know he was found innocent and that's what matters most.

I do think the Biopic is the last big project that could do wonders for his reputation and turn the tide if done right.

Well, in late 2024 Dan Reed plans to release Leaving Neverland 2 worldwide, in 2025 (or early to mid 2026) the trial against Wade & Safechuck will probably take place which will be a massive thing in the media. In 2024 or 2025 Taj Jackson will release a 10+ episode series about Michael Jacksons life which will include the allegations from MJs side, including all details that points towards MJs innoncence thats never been put out in the public by the media.

After the trial is done its rumored Dan Reed wants to release Leaving Neverland 3.

We are entering a 2 year period where the allegations again will take center stage and its not because of The Estate or us fans, its because on Dan Reed, Robson & Safechuck! How and why would the biopic who could reach billions of people make things worse considering all the other things that will be going on about the allegation topic during the same time period?

If there was no trial, no accusers, no Leaving Neverland sequels upcoming, I could kind of see your point, but not with all the other things already making the abuse allegations the biggest story in town!

Last edited:
What will happen simply is. And largely depends on ones own point of view. Just accept your own feelings and move on.

Well, in late 2024 Dan Reed plans to release Leaving Neverland 2 worldwide, in 2025 (or early to mid 2026) the trial against Wade & Safechuck will probably take place which will be a massive thing in the media.

I actually dont think it will be a massive thing in the media at all. I think public interest in those same guys saying the same things will have waned.

I actually dont think it will be a massive thing in the media at all. I think public interest in those same guys saying the same things will have waned.
exactly. a sequel is one thing, but a three parter?
unless new accusers come forward, I doubt that the same people can keep making documentaries saying the same things.

Well, in late 2024 Dan Reed plans to release Leaving Neverland 2 worldwide, in 2025 (or early to mid 2026) the trial against Wade & Safechuck will probably take place which will be a massive thing in the media. In 2024 or 2025 Taj Jackson will release a 10+ episode series about Michael Jacksons life which will include the allegations from MJs side, including all details that points towards MJs innoncence thats never been put out in the public by the media.

After the trial is done its rumored Dan Reed wants to release Leaving Neverland 3.

We are entering a 2 year period where the allegations again will take center stage and its not because of The Estate or us fans, its because on Dan Reed, Robson & Safechuck! How and why would the biopic who could reach billions of people make things worse considering all the other things that will be going on about the allegation topic during the same time period? if there was no trial, no accusers, no Leaving Neverland sequels upcoming, I could kind of see your point, but not with all the other things already making the abuse allegations the biggest story in town!
I still can't get over the fact a sequel is being planned, but a third part??? Who is this guy and why does he have an obvious vendetta against Michael? Is this Sneddon in disguise??

I know this won't happen - totally will not happen - but there is one scene I wish they would include.

Susan Rogers was a studio engineer who worked with Prince for five years in the 1980's. She also worked on 3 tracks on 2300 Jackson Street and talked to Jackie about his early experiences with J5. Jackie describes a typical recording session when J5 had to do their vocals

Jackie - " we'd be at Motown ... and when it was time for us to do our vocals ... everybody would show up at the session ... the secretaries would be there with their husbands and their children ... the control room would be just full of people ... my brothers and I would have to perform on the other side of the glass ... Berry Gordy and our Dad there ... it was terrible"

Susan - 'those kids were so under pressure ...'

Time stamp for the quote approx 34m / 35m

🙄🙄🙄 don't think Colman was impressed with that joke.... could have been worse I guess.
Is there any other celebrity that has been ridiculed and bullied to the same extent as Michael? The guy has been dead for 15 years and he’s still getting bullied and picked on, and don’t tell me “it’s just business, it’s comedy” What’s funny about that? What even angers me more is this relatively new Hollywood movement about mental health and how we people shouldn’t judge or bully other people because we never know what they may be going through. That’s all fine and really great but why is it that Michael is an exception to that? They bullied him relentlessly in life and are still doing it in death. People are a bunch of hypocrites and I’m tired of it.

Just had to vent about this.

Last edited:
Everyone's reception seemed so positive until a few weeks ago, what happened? For days now I've only seen negativity, from news reports to the Oscars comments. It seemed too odd to me that the press would dedicate all that space to MJ without mocking him, unfortunately it is clear that the movie will be targeted and laughed at. We can only hope for good results at the box office.

Is there any other celebrity that has been ridiculed and bullied to the same extent as Michael? The guy has been dead for 15 years and he’s still getting bullied and picked on, and don’t tell me “it’s just business, it’s comedy” What’s funny about that? What’s even angers me more is this relatively new Hollywood movement about mental health and how we people shouldn’t judge or bully other people because we never know what they may be going through. That’s all fine and really great but why is it that Michael is an exception to that? They bullied him relentlessly in life and are still doing it in death. People are a bunch of hypocrites and I’m tired of it.

Just had to vent about this.
Well said as always my friend! Couldn't have put it better. Hypocritical is an understatement isn't it

A 4 hour movie? That's a slog even for the biggest MJ fans going. That would put a lot of people off.

Imagine having to sit through 4 hours of guff, people would walk out before it finished.

Keep it trim but full of quality and excitement. Make the audience want more so they see it multiple times.
& That's how series were created ladies and gentlemen 🤭🤭

Yeah that's gonna be interesting. I wonder if they can get around it somehow by simply not using the Chandler name or creating a new name to avoid legal issues?

Jordy lives a hidden life possibly under a new identity now? If the big focus will be on the 93 case , I wonder if it will make him stick his head up and speak out?

He does not have a new identity, PLEASE stop spreading this lie around.

The man has been Jordan Christopher Chandler since the day he was born until today, he never changed his name. that lie was spread by the guilty side in order to make people believe he is in danger from Mj fans. And fans continue to spread it like dummies.

He does not have a new identity, PLEASE stop spreading this lie around.

The man has been Jordan Christopher Chandler since the day he was born until today, he never changed his name. that lie was spread by the guilty side in order to make people believe he is in danger from Mj fans. And fans continue to spread it like dummies.
Where is your proof that he doesn't?

For someone as infamous as he was due to the allegations, he's somehow kept a hidden profile and never been photographed in years. It wouldn't surprise me if he's using another name.

After the leaving Neverland documentary you would expect him to be hounded out. Yet there was nothing.

For someone as infamous as he was due to the allegations, he's somehow kept a hidden profile and never been photographed in years. It wouldn't surprise me if he's using another name.

After the leaving Neverland documentary you would expect him to be hounded out. Yet there was nothing.
Watch the “square one” documentary. It’s made very clear he made no attempts to change his name or even hide his MJ fandom

Watch the “square one” documentary. It’s made very clear he made no attempts to change his name or even hide his MJ fandom
Very interesting, thanks

Still find it surprising that he's not been spotted in years especially from paparazzi.

because he got a certain type of license using his real name in 2022. It's public record.

For someone as infamous as he was due to the allegations, he's somehow kept a hidden profile and never been photographed in years.
He has been photographed, the most recent pic I have of him photographed in public is from 2021. And he's been photographed and posted on people's social media pages as recently as last year.

You just don't know where to look to find info about him. And I'm not going to tell you either, because the people on this site lack common sense and maturity and will get every page with info or pics about him to go private and shut down.

It wouldn't surprise me if he's using another name.

people know where he is and how to find him. Wade and James and their lawyers know where he is, they don't really want to talk to him because they aren't confident that he will tell them what they want to hear, neither is the media.

The prosecutors in 2005 knew where he was but they lied and claimed he left the country so they wouldn't have to explain why they never subpoenaed him.

The guilty side only wants what he said about Michael in the 90s to be heard. They do not want to hear what he has to say now, no matter how much they pretend to.

What about this scene?
Man MJ has such a soothing voice I could listen to him all day, it's so fascinating to listen to him tell stories of his life and how he saw things, I wish there was uncut unedited 100 of hours of MJ just being interviewed, to listen to the man behind the mask to learn about the real MJ without all the BS and lies.

Back