"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

The rumour about the alleged December release date for a biopic trailer is gaining traction online. Still can't find anything official, though.

Michael Jackson albums on Epic don't need any help. It's The Jacksons & Jackson 5 records that are not as well known, other than a few songs like I Want You Back or Shake Your Body. I think albums like Goin' Places & Moving Violation are kinda obscure. They did not do that well when originally released. Probably most people don't know the group had a Saturday morning cartoon show & a variety show on TV during the 1970s. Same for specials like Goin' Back To Indiana. Those are not still rerun like The Monkees' 1960s sitcom. DVD compilations of the old Dolly Parton & Cher variety shows are sold on Time-Life infomercials. Starting last year, the owners of Midnight Special started putting entire episodes of the show on Youtube. Previously, Midnight Special also had Time-Life DVD compilation sets.
Yeah going back and doing a audit on all of the Motown albums, DVD's and singles would be the best.

How the hell as Dan Reed been allowed to read a copy of the screenplay, he's now spouting how it looks like branca has sat down and told them what to do, to make him look good, it's just wrong

When and how was it confirmed Dan Reed got a copy of the manuscript?

Last edited:
When how was it confirmed Dan Reed got a copy of the manuscript?
Seems to me that this character will stop at nothing to sabotage the project. I still believe he's an undercover child molester (allegedly) (the opinions expressed by me does not represent this forum)... Anyhow, we all should be aware by now that these mean-spirited fools are up to no good and are gearing up again. My feelings toward Michael's estate is that I believe they know what they are doing. That mockumentary in 2019 tired to cancel Michael Jackson completely, but it didn't work. It may have done some damage, yes it did, but was Michael Jackson muted permanently? No way, and he will never be cancelled... Michael Jackson One at Las Vegas is still running (I hope to go see it one day), and MJ the Musical is a huge success (I saw it three times already!)

Back to the biopic, I know it will not cover everything, it's impossible to do with a 90-120 minute movie. I'm not going to hold my breath until I see the trailer, which will be a couple of months from now. However, I believe Jaffar will do a great job, and I hope that he knows what he's in for, because we know how the media is... I'm not expecting anything from them at this point... they already showed us again and again who they really are... However, I'm looking forward to this movie... "The Jacksons: An American Dream" was great, so they got big shoes to fill... we shall see!

Yeah going back and doing a audit on all of the Motown albums, DVD's and singles would be the best.
I don't think The Jacksons/J5 have ever had anything (officially) released on home video other than the cartoon TV show on DVD & Blu-ray around 2013. It didn't stay in print long. Anything else was bootlegs unless you count Motown 25 & The Best Of Soul Train. Even LaToya had a music video collection on VHS.

Dan Reed said he got a copy of the script, but what proof do we have he's not lying about that just so he can get his name in articles?
who gave him a script?

And previous articles said the script that got leaked was an older first draft, not the current draft.

If its true that the reed got the script, it's probably a fake script or and obsolete script. I wouldn't be surprised if the estate sent fake script out to troll the fake news media.

People, please, stop covering everything DR does. He is just using you to increase his profile, so he can continue to make money
off of Michael Jackson. I wonder if he is paying people to come here and make threads about him. 🤨

I think the Dec 5 date for the trailer makes a lot of sense. It would play before Xmas holiday releases and they would probably premiere it during the billboard music awards (they are usually around that time)

jaafar-jackson-in-michaels-iconic-thriller-varsity-jacket-v0-1zthwubh7joc1.jpg

jaafar-jackson-in-michaels-iconic-thriller-varsity-jacket-v0-nock4wbh7joc1.jpg

more-new-photos-from-set-v0-gx2ouwmcbjoc1.jpg

more-new-photos-from-set-v0-bxaafxmcbjoc1.jpg

Jaafar wearing the Baseball Varsity jacket from the Bad era in new set photos
jaafar-jackson-in-michaels-iconic-thriller-varsity-jacket-v0-hbumiu1t8joc1.jpeg

Last edited:
Is anyone not sure they'll be watching the film?
Totally. No plans to watch it. Actually, it's funny bc film is not my jam and biopics in particular don't interest me so I wasn't too bothered about this project. Very much hoped it would turn out to be a good piece of work and that those who want it would have a lovely time watching it but, for myself, I wasn't interested. Then, yesterday I saw a tweet claiming the trailer would be out in December. Got very over-excited, posted the thing over here, then someone kindly pointed out it was from a fan-made page so I deleted it. 🙄

But for a moment there I was quite excited, lol. :ROFLMAO:

That said, I still don't have any plans to watch it. I can't quite get my head around watching someone play Michael when I can watch the real thing. I do understand - completely - the point of a biopic and what it could achieve if all goes well. I don't object to it, I just don't feel I need it.

Because it might be too painful?
Yes. The photos of Jaafar are weird, unsatisfying and just ... I don't even know how to explain it. Not wanting to rain on anyone's parade. I can see why people are excited by the photos released so far. I understand the excitement around Jaafar. But it's not for me. And seeing those photos is heartbreaking. Really, really painful so goodness knows what the film would feel like. I want the film to do well and everyone to be really pleased with it but I'm not expecting to go and see it. I might change my mind but, right now, it feels unlikely. I just don't think I can do it.

Is anyone not sure they'll be watching the film? Because it might be too painful?
Oh, please. Get a Grip on yourself. Michael Jackson was the most JOYFUL person ever to be on this planet.
Just LISTEN: "EVERYBODY"

"ENJOY YOURSELF":

I know I've said this before but I'm going to have to say it again because it's really important, I'm really concerned on how they portray Branca and Sony especially in light of what's happened recently. They can't just portray Branca as the best person ever and what's really gonna be worrying is portraying Michael's fall out with Sony as just a overreaction probably to justify their recent decision to sell half of the catalogue which is just downright wrong.

Back