Michael Jackson: The Experience - Discussion News And Updates Thread

Just downloaded it for my ipad and i have to say....AMAZING! i really love it...i prefer it more than the ps3 and wii to be honest with you... its really addictive and i have to say...even Hollywood tonight is really good! Good job ubisoft...expecting more songs real soon and i hope you release a iPhone version!

Jackson_popcorn.gif

I bought the complete game with all the songs and outfits!! AWESOMENESS!!!

MJ's game has consistently been outselling Black Eye Peas's, even when it was out of stock on Amazon.

Ubisoft might have been taken by surprise, because there hasn't been a single ad for MJ's game compare to BEP. It's all word of mouth from last year.

As of last week, MJTE had sold 3.31M WII Units and a little over 800K on the other platforms.

Ubisoft doesn't seem to understand this game's LONG TERM potential. A few well-placed ads would have push it higher up the charts.

Compare MJ's first four weeks to Black Eyes Peas....Really unbelievable.

MJTE
screenshot20111209at902.png

Black Eyes Peas

screenshot20111209at903.png

For the week ending December 8th 2011:

MJTE was #5 best selling WII game in UK

Best Selling game

Last edited:
I feel my fingers are hurting after tapping my iPad screen non-stop for the past hour. It's a nice game. The graphics are truly amazing. :punk:

Hmm... Now I'm really tempted to get the Wii.

I just wish they (Ubisoft) could of kept the same graphics and look from the Wii game to the Kinect version... Just like what they did to Just Dance 3.

i know they are planning a PS Vita release, but does anyone know if there is any plans for an iPhone release???

I love this iPad game more than wii. smooth criminal is the best, actually all of them. Michael's songs and his shortfilms are really timeless. I am quite addict to it. So much fun and the graphics are so amazing!

over 129K units sold this past week. With ONLY 5,300 from first week sale in Japan.

So the bulk of those sale is coming from Europe & America. Since it's sold out on Amazon.com, and only 1 week left before Christmas, it might not cross 4M by the end of the year.

screenshot20111216at639.png

FYI: BEP sold 73,000 units this week.

So have any lucky fans here managed to get hold of the new PS Vita with a copy of MJTE?
I thought about importing it to the UK but didn't do it in the end.
If anybody has it, please post your thoughts...

What Ubisoft has done this year is so frustrating.

If it hasn't already, I will make sure the estate is made aware of this.

screenshot20111224at807.png

Last edited:
So has anyone got the 3DS version of MJTE? If so, any tips for any of the challenges in the game? It's actually pretty difficult if you want to get 100%. There's no way to know the secret freestyles and apparently no other sources on the internet and the "Get X Perfect moves in a row" challenges are INCREDIBLY annoying... In Bad, one of the challenges is to beat the Rookie mode with only Perfect moves! Even if you're the best player in the world, one wrong move for whatever reason means you have to begin again!

So has anyone got any tips? Any secret freestyles for songs to unlock more content?

I know what you're going through. I got the 3DS version myself and I completed most of the challenges. Yes, getting all perfect moves in a row is very difficult. Trust me, I know. I'm still wondering about the secret freestyles myself.

But overall, it's a great game. The graphics are awesome and after playing enough to earn lots of points, you get to enjoy the performances without playing from the On Demand Performances.

What was your favorite? For me, it's between "Remember The Time" and "Ghosts."

My favourites are between Ghosts, Smooth Criminal and Blood on the Dance Floor. The only challenges I haven't beaten that aren't freestyle or StreetPass related are Bad's Perfect moves for the entire song in Rookie and BOTDF's Beat Expert Mode with a K grade... When it gets to the chorus, not missing anything in order to get that grade will take a LOT of work. Getting a K grade doesn't involve points so much as it does not missing...

FunFact: As of December 31st, Michael Jackson the Experience has sold 3.85 Million WII copies WorldWide. #StillKing

So has anyone got the 3DS version of MJTE? If so, any tips for any of the challenges in the game? It's actually pretty difficult if you want to get 100%. There's no way to know the secret freestyles and apparently no other sources on the internet and the "Get X Perfect moves in a row" challenges are INCREDIBLY annoying... In Bad, one of the challenges is to beat the Rookie mode with only Perfect moves! Even if you're the best player in the world, one wrong move for whatever reason means you have to begin again!

So has anyone got any tips? Any secret freestyles for songs to unlock more content?

Hey, I think I found what you're looking for and so did I. Look at this website:

http://www.ubisoft.co.jp/products/159/index.html

I haven't tried it yet, but I will when I get home tonight and see. It might be it.

Hey, I think I found what you're looking for and so did I. Look at this website:

http://www.ubisoft.co.jp/products/159/index.html

I haven't tried it yet, but I will when I get home tonight and see. It might be it.

Thank you for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've now all of them, save for Bad because for some reason it won't register, despite having done all the correct moves.

Any news on more songs for the iPad version? There's Game Center achievements for Bad, The Way You Make Me Feel and Ghosts yet they don't feature??

[h=1]New Michael Jackson: The Experience HD DLC Now Available[/h]19 January, 2012
By ManPac (online)
michael_jackson_experience_blip.JPG
Today, Ubisoft announced three new downloadable songs for Michael Jackson: The Experience HD App for iPad. The three new songs are Bad, The Way You Make Me Feel, and Ghost, each priced at £1.49 GBP. In addition to this update, Michael Jackson: The Experience HD now supports AirPlay, allowing users with Apple TV to enjoy the videogame on their big screen.

True to Michael Jackson’s ground-breaking and visionary work, theMichael Jackson: The Experience HD app introduces a brand new way of playing rhythm games, allowing users to experience the excitement and the
michael_jackson_experience_ipad1.jpg
magic of game environments based on Michael Jackson’s iconic short films in their own hands. Designed and optimised specifically for Multi-Touch on iPad, users are able to experience a more natural way to play rhythm games by drawing a series of shapes with their fingers according to the beat and choreography of the Michael Jackson avatar. Players can rediscover environments from Michael Jackson’s classic music videos with spectacular high-definition graphics and sound.
The Michael Jackson: The Experience HD App is available for £2.99 from the App Store on iPad. The three new songs are Bad, The Way You Make Me Feel, and Ghost, each priced at £1.49 GBP, and Electronic Theatre will keep you updated with any further song releases.

Ubisoft is one of the worst companies in history. They wouldn't download so I deleted the app, but when I resynced it, all of my other purchases were gone. Complete waste of time.

Anybody found anything to solve the issue of purchasing the other songs? Because I can't neither.

^^ So you can't buy the songs either? I'm about to attack the ubisoft forums :p I asked a question through app support, waiting for a response.

^^^You are not alone. I tried, but nothing happened. A lot of people couldn't buy them either. I looked and only a few could through Game Center (seeing high scores), but I don't know how that happened. I can only assume it's a glitch, but I don't know. I don't want to take any chances right now. All I know is, I'm a patient guy, but don't test me, Ubisoft. They've been good, but they're getting off track.

I don't understand it really, we are giving them money! I'd think that would make them release something that worked.

Back