Michael Jackson: The Experience - Discussion News And Updates Thread

Re: 'Michael Jackson: The Experience' DELAYED + TRAILER - UPDATES Pg1 [Merged]

:O The D.S version is so cute! Looks more like him! Damn! *sigh* Great now I want the Wii and D.S! lol

http://kotaku.com/5640443/experiencing-michael-jackson

500x_black_or_white_2_hd.jpg

My rhythm is off, and I am completely out of step. This is the easiest song on the Wii version of Michael Jackson: The Experience. And the experience so far is difficult. This fall, Ubisoft is bringing Michael Jackson's dance moves to the Wii with Michael Jackson: The Experience. Next year, singing and dancing will arrive for the PlayStation Move and the Xbox 360 Kinect with the Move version getting a singing-only karaoke version. The Wii version does have song subtitles, but it is not a singing game.
As a child of the 1980s, I grew a huge Jackson fan. His music videos weren't simply videos, but were something the world had never seen. I had a white glove, penny loafers and even some sort of Jackson Sgt. Peppers-type jacket. By the end of the 80s, Jackson had become increasingly peculiar and his eccentricities (and image) continued to worsen during the following decade.
But something that did not change was his gift for both music and dancing.
Ubisoft is asking a lot of players with Michael Jackson: The Experience. His dance moves — even the easier ones — are no cake walk. Fans of Jackson should be excited that they can learn Jackson's trademark moves. Yet at the same time, there is a sense of "Oh crap, this game has Jackson's trademark moves."
Michael Jackson: The Experience does not simply replicate Jackson's dancing, but has players get up off their duff to do the moves. There are on-screen cues that clue in players for each move. On the Wii version, the game tracks the where the player starts each move while holding the Wii Remote, where the player ends each move and the degree of force which the Wii Remote is swung through space. Meaning? You apparently can't cheat the game like with, say, Wii Sports. (The Kinect and the Move versions will use more in-depth tracking.)
The Wii version ranks each song by difficulty, but the Move and Kinect versions allow players to change the difficulty of each tune. And if Jackson's moves prove too changing, players can select the back-up dancers. "They Don't Care About Us" is one of the less challenging tunes on the Wii version. When originally released, the song was one of the most controversial Jackson song with critics saying the lyrics were racist. The lyrics featured in the game have been edited so that the controversial lyrics are not included. According to Ubisoft, the song edit is Sony Music approved.
After fumbling both my left feet through "They Don't Care About Us", I found "Smooth Criminal" nearly impossible. One thing that Ubisoft has done is the repeat certain dance patterns over and over again in Michael Jackson: The Experience. It is possible to get the hang of the moves, and if you are a good dancer, you'll pick them up pretty fast.
"Smooth Criminal" does have the famous "lean move", but players shouldn't expect to learn how to do it. Jackson wore specially designed shoes to pull it off. And no, Ubisoft is not planning on releasing a Smooth Criminal lean shoes peripherals.
One or two play-throughs with Michael Jackson: The Experience is not enough time. Weeks, months (and maybe even years) would be required to get me half-way decent at the moves. You might pick it up in an afternoon. (Good for you!) In the privacy of my own home, the experience might be different. No, it would be different. It definitely would be different. And repeated play would help diffuse any feelings of being overwhelmed. I just tried to image trying to keep up with Jackson's moves and singing.
Fans of Jackson's who want to learn his moves and sing his songs will love this game. This is for you. This is what the game promises, and from what I saw of the dancing, it seems to deliver. But for now, I'll stick with Moonwalker.

The comments really piss me off. I find alot of these video game fanatics who sign up to these sites are all really immature.

Nothing to care about. They are all just a bunch of losers.

We have already planned to have a dance weekend once the Wii version of the game comes out in November :party:

Re: 'Michael Jackson: The Experience' DELAYED + Cover art - UPDATES Pg1 [Merged]

I don't know if you spotted it, but I was saying a similar thing earlier in this thread - 'dancing' with only 1 controller being tracked by the Wii. It can't possibly know what your other hand, legs, or even head are doing so what's the point? That's why I'm waiting for the Xbox or PS3 versions!
BTW, on the DS and PSP I think you'll play by tapping in time with the music. I don't know that for sure, but I have seen games do that before so it's possible.

I don't have an Xbox or PS3, and I don't want to buy either one. So, I'm stuck with the Wii version or no console version at all. Some people really, really like the Just Dance game, so maybe there is something fun about the dancing with a wiimote concept.

I don't have a DS, but, after seeing those screenshots of the MJ DS game, I'm thinking about getting one. I think the graphics in the DS version look great! (unlike the Wii version's graphics)

Ahh I can't wait to get the DS version! Looks so cute!

I've kinda changed my mind about this game. It looks pretty fun. These new screenshots and videos do the game more justice then the last ones did.

I'll definetly get the Wii version, but I'm a big video game player, owning a Xbox and PS3 as well, I think the Kinect version will just blow people away, to sing and dance at the same time and also freestyle, at get reviewed on your performance, plus I've heard you'll be able to compete head to head on Xbox live sounds wicked. Bring it on.

^ But it's only the PS3 version that you will be able to sing? I remember reading that

Press Start: 'Ico' collection, 'Michael Jackson' trailer

Sony has officially confirmed it will release a Team Ico collection for the PlayStation 3 featuring the studio's very popular PlayStation 2 games Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. Unveiled at the Tokyo Game Show, the collection will include full HD compatibility, 3D support and Trophies honoring in-game achievements. The collection will hit stores in spring 2011.

-- Finally, add Smooth Criminal, Black or White and They Don't Care About Us to the list of tracks appearing in Ubisoft's tribute to the King of Pop, called Michael Jackson: The Experience. The publisher also posted a trailer with a few more details on the title, which hits the Nintendo DS, Wii and PlayStation Portable Nov. 23. A version of the game for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 -- with support for Move and Kinect -- arrives next year.

By Brett Molina

here is link:http://content.usatoday.com/communi...tart-ico-collection-michael-jackson-trailer/1

Michael Jackson Experience: Songs List Update – PS3, Wii, Xbox 360

Micael-jackson.jpg

We reported to you recently about the delay with the release of Michael Jackson The Experience for the PS3 and Xbox 360. Today Ubisoft have added three new tracks to the list of songs which will be available in the game.
The latest tracks to be added were Black or White, Smooth Criminal, and They Don’t Care About Us. These new tracks will be making their debut at the Tokyo Game Show, which is taking place until the 19th of September. The Wii version of the game will be playable at the show.
The full list of tracks confirmed so far includes; Bad, Beat It, Billie Jean, Black or White, Earth Song, Smooth Criminal, The Girl Is Mine, They Don’t Care About Us, Who Is It, Workin’ Day And Night. The version for the Nintendo Wii and the PSP will be available on November 23 in North America and in Europe, Middle East and Asia on November 25. Xbox 360 and PS3 owners will have to wait until early 2011.
Source: Michael Jackson.com

here is link:http://www.product-reviews.net/2010...xperience-songs-list-update-ps3-wii-xbox-360/

p.s i found some pictures:
62565_160561517287288_152388764771230_539194_7777108_n.jpg

62565_160561520620621_152388764771230_539195_4649920_n.jpg

62565_160561523953954_152388764771230_539196_4488814_n.jpg

62565_160561527287287_152388764771230_539197_4015543_n.jpg

62565_160561530620620_152388764771230_539198_1622860_n.jpg

62565_160561533953953_152388764771230_539199_4963508_n.jpg

62565_160561537287286_152388764771230_539200_5030576_n.jpg

Is thriller added in the tracklist? it would be weird not to do it. It would have a great background

The trailer is brilliant!!! I'm so excited for this game now!

I'm (hopefully) getting the Wii version for Christmas and I'll buy the DS version when its released. I can't wait to play it on Christmas morning ha! :D Hopefully next year, whenever I can afford to get the Kinect, I'll buy the XBox 360 version too because I think it'll be completely different when your whole body is being monitored!

Really love the look of it! :)

^ But it's only the PS3 version that you will be able to sing? I remember reading that

Only the PS3 version has a karoke style game similar to Sing Star, Xbox version will have a dance and singing game combined, which to me sounds better. We'll have to wait and see!

Ah, I thought PS3 had the singing an dancing at the same time thing. That's what it's all about!

Re: 'Michael Jackson: The Experience' DELAYED + Cover art - UPDATES Pg1 [Merged]

Think i might get the DS or PSP version in november, then get the main one PS3 when its released

:) That's exactly what I'm going to do, that way I will have a copy of the game to take with me when I go away on holidays and on the train for over 24 hours xD

Ah, I thought PS3 had the singing an dancing at the same time thing. That's what it's all about!

Its does, if you watched the video where there was the Wii dance off for Black or White and a Bit Of Smooth Criminal it said that with the Wii, Xbox and PS3 versions you will be able to sing and dance, that's why you will need either the kinect accessories or the PS3 Move accessories to do the both.

Wii version:
Lyrics can be displayed on screen, but the player will not be scored on singing ability.

Xbox 360 version:
Players will be scored on singing and dancing

PS3:
Players will be scored on singing and dancing, the same as the Xbox360 version, but this version also includes a karaoke-only element, which is not present on Xbox 360 or Wii.

can't wait! hope its good :)

Some different footage from the Tokyo Game Show:

Smooth Criminal:

Smooth Criminal & Black or White:

Last edited:

This game looks awesome!!!

well my nephew have a PS3 and i know once i have my MJ experience i am going to bust my butt trying to do some of the moves. Just wish MJ was hear to see this in the making He so legendary

i hope the choreography is all perfect... smooth criminal looks iffy

I may get the Wii version, since it comes out in November (because I can't wait till 2011), then just get the PS3 version too when it comes out (and hopefully be able to sell the Wii version). I didn't know there were going to be so many differences from platform to platform. :/ I'm glad I decided to come in this thread. Up until now I've just been scanning articles. The only thing that sucks now is I have to get the Playstation Move accessory, which I wasn't planning on for a while because the other games available now/coming soon don't interest me.

The only thing that sucks now is I have to get the Playstation Move accessory, which I wasn't planning on for a while because the other games available now/coming soon don't interest me.

I know exactly how you feel cause the same thing has happened to me aswell. I had a look the other day at our local shopping center for if as I hadn't the foggiest on what it was as its only just been released here a couple of days ago.

They had it on special @ Kmart for $80 so I picked it up as everywhere else was selling it for $150... I don't have any intentions of buying any other game for the PS3 move, and Although I'm getting the DS version next month and will also be able to play the Wii version due to my sister getting it, I would rather purchase the PS3 move now rather then later where it might be a little hard to come by.

It looks so good maybe i'll get myself a wii or PSP for christmas/new year

Black_or_White_1_HD-noscale.jpg

Back