Michael Jackson Wanted To Collaborate With Lady Gaga

Lady Ggaga is ok for me. Like some of you i'm not that into her...but I have to say that she's got some catchy songs, She's making her marks with her outfits at award shows and unique performances and Music videos!...Mike knows who to work with...he knows from just one look or listen that they'd be good singers or dancers. :D I would have Loved to see what they could have done! :D

L.O.V.E.
Romi

Not a huge Lady Gaga fan, but I do like the majority of her music and I think she has talent. It would have been cool if Michael would have worked with her.

anyone knows when the video Poker Face was realeased??? i just want to know if Michael got to see that one, that video was the one that caught my attention, anyone knows???

anyone knows when the video Poker Face was realeased??? i just want to know if Michael got to see that one, that video was the one that caught my attention, anyone knows???

from wikipedia

"The video premiered on October 22, 2008."

Thats weird I was just watching some clips of hers for the first time on Utube last night. Apparently the video "Love Game" was shot as a tribute to MJ's "Bad" - she said so on her iPod cast once.

Ok I really have to ask this as I have been dieing to know but too afraid to ask. Is she a hermaphrodite or are they just rumours? I apologise in advance if any fans of hers take offence.

Interestingly enough I might add her song Poker Face is in my top 5 most hated songs of all time list. I can't figure out why everyone loved it so much! It drove me insane!

I must add, IMO, Lady Gaga is a different type of artist than those we've seen in our current day. She actually really, really talented musically, but gets a bad rap from the media and critics because she's seen as "weird", almost exactly how they treated Michael during the 80's and early 90's.

Well I love her. She's like fresh air in current (and very boring) music scene.

To all the people said she can't sing, I suggest you to go to youtube and watch a few of her acoustic and live performances. The girl can sing. She writes her own music too. Yes, she's eccentric and she's over the top but that's a part of the show. Michael was labeled as eccentric many times too.

A collaboration with Michael would be so amazing, my head would have been blown up probably:lol:

Now I am sad and pissed off that it wasn't meant to be. :(

Travis payne shut up your mouth. Is he now an official spokesperson for MJ? He can say anything he wants anyway.
MJ is always open to working with anyone anyway. Last time was chris brown, justin tinkelate, beyonce, britney spears and everybody else. anyway, from how MJ said it, he's like okay we can collaborate with anyone and everyone from stevie wonder to akon to lady gaga.

Travis payne shut up your mouth. Is he now an official spokesperson for MJ? He can say anything he wants anyway.

Huh? The guy was asked a question and he answered it. What's wrong with that?

I must add, IMO, Lady Gaga is a different type of artist than those we've seen in our current day. She actually really, really talented musically, but gets a bad rap from the media and critics because she's seen as "weird", almost exactly how they treated Michael during the 80's and early 90's.
oh really? from what I read, she's only praised for being weird and eccentric.

Huh? The guy was asked a question and he answered it. What's wrong with that?
Cause he's making news out of nothing. It's revealed long time ago that lady gaga, leona lewis and akon are possible guests of his O2 shows. now cause she's more 'in', Travis payne is like 'oh MJ likes her too and it makes me like her' In This is it, I've felt he's annoying type of person and now this, he annoys me even more.

I don't like lady gaga. For one thing she tries too hard to be "eccentric and different" IMO..whatever. I get bored hearing her. Not trying to piss anyone off or anything..Michael's the best!

What can I say? Michael Jackson was and still IS the best and everyone who got a chance to work with him JUPMED at the chance. Who wouldn't? He could have taught her some real talent and could have showed her how it's really done.:cheeky: He could have showed her...showed her the way to gooooo....:D *singing*

Cause he's making news out of nothing. It's revealed long time ago that lady gaga, leona lewis and akon are possible guests of his O2 shows. now cause she's more 'in', Travis payne is like 'oh MJ likes her too and it makes me like her' In This is it, I've felt he's annoying type of person and now this, he annoys me even more.

I fail to see what was so wrong about what he said. He was asked a question, he answered. As far as I can see he never claimed to be a official spokesperson or whatever. He wasn't disrespectful, he didn't say anything bad. He just said Michael liked Gaga. What is there to get so angry?

Is it so unbelievable that Michael might have liked Lady Gaga or wanted to collaborate with her anyway?

Thank god that never happened. I don't like her music, and it sounds like Travis doesn't either since his reply was "Really?"

I don't like lady gaga. For one thing she tries too hard to be "eccentric and different" IMO..whatever.
While Mike and Prince did what exactly?

If anyone tried too hard to be eccentric it was some our biggest and most loved stars.

Well I love her. She's like fresh air in current (and very boring) music scene.
It's a step forward in what has been a pop impasse for a long time. I thought Winehouse would continue to bring the goods, but she went and messed herself up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a big follower of Lady Gaga, but have listened to a few of her songs and performances. Looking past the gimmicky costumes, she has true showmanship. Something that is lacking in most young artists today. That is probably why Michael was a fan of her music. He had such a keen ability to recognize true talent in someone. I think that their styles, both being over the top, would have meshed well together. Alas, we'll never know. But I am looking forward to hearing whatever new songs MJ was working on the last few years. I am so anxious for some new material! :)

oh really? from what I read, she's only praised for being weird and eccentric.

Depends on what you're reading from, if its MTV.com or something, then yes, they praise her for the creativity of her videos and music. If you read other media outlets, she gets that same praise, but is berated at the same time. I remember after the MTV award ceremony, and the TMZ's of the world, would say "wow, she actually wore that? what a weirdo, but her performance was nice." It was also the media who began that whole thing about her possibly being a man, that a large amount of US citizens still tend to believe.

First, I'm an American who's lived outside the US for almost 4 years now. I kept hearing people on tv here in Europe talking about Lady Gaga and I assumed she was British or Swedish or something, lol. I'm totally out of it when it comes to what's hot back home. So when they announced who was performing for the MTV VMA's I was like :bugeyed Americans know Lady Gaga??? :scratch:It just didn't seem to fit with what I knew of home when I left not so long ago. So, although, I don't really like her stuff that much personally, I am soooo glad that people are embracing more dance-oriented music! That whole pimp/hoez hip hop crap is sooooooooooooo way past my nerves (starting about 10 years ago :rolleyes2:). So I'm glad that music with a beat, something that isn't about 'b*tches' and 'the back seat of my Benz' is the top seller besides MJ in 2009. So for that: :clapping: Now if Gaga would stop trying too hard, maybe she'd interest me more.

While Mike and Prince did what exactly?

If anyone tried too hard to be eccentric it was some our biggest and most loved stars.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this. Michael and Prince were not TRYING to be eccentric and different. They WERE eccentric and different. They were who they were and that was perceived by others as being eccentric and they were unwilling to change to please others.

I don't know why, but with Lady Gaga, I get the impression (and it is just mine) that she may be a little off kilter, but she tries to take that and amplify it x's 10 just to try and prove something she doesn;t have to prove and has been proved by others (and better) already. To me she os an example of trying too hard and not just being true to who you are.

That being said, pop music now a days is almost total garbage (For the first time in years, I don't even listen to the radio anymore) and a few of her songs I really do like, I even bought them.

Let me point it out this way, take a way the stage and costumes from David Bowe, Michael, Prince, Little Richard and see them in plain clothes, sitting and talking, and that uniqueness that they have follows them. They still seem special. If you take all of the make up and costumes off of Lady Gaga and to me she just seems small. I hope I explain myself well enough.:)

A collaboration would have been very interesting to say the least.:yes:

If you take all of the make up and costumes off of Lady Gaga and to me she just seems small. I hope I explain myself well enough.:)
Yeah after one (and a half) album.

a9u4vq.jpg
wvwped.jpg
25fugi9.jpg

All of your "eccentric" pop heroes got the same treatment from "critics" like yourself. Damn, Little Richard stans still shit all over Prince to this day.

Yeah after one (and a half) album.

a9u4vq.jpg
wvwped.jpg
25fugi9.jpg

All of your "eccentric" pop heroes got the same treatment from "critics" like yourself. Damn, Little Richard stans still shit all over Prince to this day.

This is a forum for all different type of people with many different interests. Because I don't like someone you obviosly do, does not mean that I am some ignorant critic who is just misunderstanding her and judging her. I am open to all types of eccentricity. I see it every day as I work in an art field. I don't like faux people who try to be something other than what they are in order to stand out.

Most of us born in this world are run of the mill and quite ordinary. When someone comes along who really thinks differently and wants to expand human consciousness by thinking out of the box, I say go for it.

If you took MJ's first one and a half albums, what would you have even then. Something great. And he did it without trying to be something he's not. He was interested in just making good music.

I can't comment on Little Richard's fans.

Travis DID NOT say that Michael wanted to record music with Lady Gaga. He said she was on a wish list of guest performers for This Is It. That makes a huge difference to this thread.

Back