Michael Jackson’s Halloween - New animated special coming this fall

I'm sure this isn't what everyone was expecting but look at the bright side this is a positive thing in regards to MJ. The estate said they had numerous projects in the works. I say sit back and relax this project might be geared towards the younger audience but I'm certain there will be something coming for everyone.

Overreaction of the year.

It is NOT an overreaction. It is simply someone stating both their opinion and fact. This is an insult. What worries me as well is that this is going to be seized upon by the tabloids as "omg Jackson mixing with the kids again" . We deserve at least something from these blood suckers.

Hammerhead Productions and Dippe have been part of some B-list movies, hopefully Branca and McClain make good use.

You have got to be effing kidding me?!? Really? There needs to be a complete overhaul in leadership at the estate. Just another boneheaded move in a long line of dumb decisions.

1. This Is It soundtrack made from the album edits, rather than MJ's concert playbacks (which would have made more sense)
2. Michael album debacle
3. Bad25 remixes instead of more demos or unreleased material
4. Bad25 & Off The Wall documentaries no one cared about or wanted
5. Xscape promotions (including hologram performance)
6. OTW re-release that featured NOTHING NEW...ooh excuse me....we got a piece of chalk.
7. Relegated Dangerous 25th anniversary to just a celebration online...no special anniversary release that EVERYONE wanted.

Why am I not surprised. This is the same people who went on record saying how great an idea having the HIStory tour on DVD, and that "the vocals on the Michael album are 100% his".

What more BS can they do to tarnish MJ's legacy?

Xscape was good, Bad 25 and Off the Wall docs were good, MJ Immortal tour was huge success and so is MJ One
This is it was a success too so not everything they have done is horrible

And MJ LOVED animated movies and wanted to make some himself so if it's done well why not?

What worries me as well is that this is going to be seized upon by the tabloids as "omg Jackson mixing with the kids again" .

What does this have to do with kids? Only kids watch animated movies?

Insult? You may not like it. It may not be the kind of project you are intersted in but to call it an "insult" without actually knowing what it will be like, IS an overreaction. And who cares about the freaking tabloids?

It is a total insult due to the fact that we have been given pretty much crappy releases since MJ passed. They make all this "hoo har" about a major announcement for an HOUR long ANIMATION? Cmon.

I think sometimes hard core fans just need to get over themselves. Not everything is targeted to them. This project is obviously aiming to target a new generation of people and introduce MJ's music to them. If it is well done then it bring in new fans.

To be fair, Respect, no one here should be expected to be supportive of anything just because it may bring in new fans. I think most of the criticism here, apart from Prince of Pops points, is warranted.

I couldn't care less either way to be honest. The days of getting my hopes up about anything MJ related are long gone.

Xscape was one of the best albums of 2014 and one of the bestvposthumous releases ever made. I know you're talking about the promotion, but clearly, it worked due to its success.

Purist fans are very dull, they dislike remixes even though MJ liked them and always worked with current artists without sounding tacky. You don't have to like it, and if you don't, just stop caring, there's worse problems. Besides, that kind of rant won't get anywhere.

Estate announce new project what is your thoughts

What do you think of the new announcement. I think that they did the most stupid project ever no thriller 3D no new album no dangerous25 but they are doing a CARTOON what is your thoughts ?

Whether the cartoon is any good or not remains to be seen. It's not something I am interested in myself, but I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with creating a one-off cartoon for a Halloween special. It depends on how it's done and we don't know that yet.

I do think they made another gaffe in promoting this as a major announcement (and then delaying it by a day). I am hardly active in the online MJ world nowadays but it takes about 5 minutes on a forum like this or Twitter to know which rumours are swirling around - in this case, mainly Thriller 3D. Their online/PR team seems to really be out of touch with big parts of the fanbase.

I'm going to watch it but I think they can do better ps hoping thriller 3D is happening at least

I'm going to watch it but I think they can do better ps hoping thriller 3D is happening at least

If it is it will not be for a very long time yet. Another strange idea as well anyway imo due to the fact that 3D has been "tried " twice once in the 70s or 80s. And again about 10 years ago. It has never taken off.

So? Bad25 was rather a flop, yet it is much better than the commercially successful Thriller25, IMO.

It gets down to the fact that the Estate simply do not care about what the fans truly want . It is called making a quick BUCK. Yes it was better but where is the proper promotion for any of those projects, yes of course there was the odd commercial here and there but that was it. I give up. I honestly hope someone leaks into Sony's files and releases everything and scuppers Sony once and for all but that would not stop them . They probably would just remix the leaked tracks and issue them with a crayon the next time instead of chalk . I honestly give up with it.

MJ also loved KFC, but slapping his name on a bucket of chicken dosen't make it anymore exciting.

I will watch this and possibly end up enjoying it but I'm not going to pretend that it's anything to genuinely be excitied about or even in the same league as Disney/Pixar! Bowie's people do things in a highly respectable manner and when you're aware of what's being done for certain artists you just sigh a breath of "If only" for Michael! And the poster who name checked all the posthumous projects has a point in so much as there's simply a trend within brand MJ that's sub par. I loved Bad25, I loved Xscape and I loved the 2 Spike Lee Joints, but there is, for the most part multiple flaws within most of the posthumous projects. There's this constant interspersing of tacky and cheap almost side-projects that is less about encapsulating MJ and more about clichéd mass appeal.

I think sometimes hard core fans just need to get over themselves. Not everything is targeted to them. This project is obviously aiming to target a new generation of people and introduce MJ's music to them. If it is well done then it bring in new fans.

I was just getting ready to say this new generation of Michael Jackson fans. That how i see it too love to see this happen.

At this point... I think the biggest way they can win MJ fans over on this one is if they debut an MJ song on the animated special... that segment becomes the short film for it.. Far stretch from reality I'm sure, but that would be something special!

I didn't say they are required to like it and be supportive. I am talking about calling each and every release crap, "an insult" and what not. I do think it is an overreaction.

I didn't get my hopes high, so I am not disappointed. When people were speculating here about a 8 disc Dangerous re-release and what not I knew they were setting themselves up for a disappointment. MJJC has a tendency for that.
Same here, but it is of course not a good sign that many fans have stopped caring when the Estate promises a major announcement days in advance. We are exactly the people who are supposed to get excited by that type of hype. If even many of us don't get excited anymore, who will?

With regards to people being disappointed with this announcement, I do not think it has anything to do with MJJC specifically either. When you check the comments under this announcement on MJ's Facebook page it's littered with complaints. I had a look on Twitter and that is the main response I see there as well. I don't think people are specifically upset about this cartoon. If this had been presented as a fun little side project, I doubt so many fans would have complained. I think it's the fact that many fans are disappointed with Estate projects in general, and/or the fact that many fans were expecting something bigger due to the way they promoted the announcement and the rumors going around about Thriller 3D.

It probably would have gone over better if they had included a trailer as well. This announcement is just too vague.

I didn't say they are required to like it and be supportive. I am talking about calling each and every release crap, "an insult" and what not. I do think it is an overreaction.

I didn't get my hopes high, so I am not disappointed. When people were speculating here about a 8 disc Dangerous re-release and what not I knew they were setting themselves up for a disappointment. MJJC has a tendency for that.

Don't you mean the members of MJJC have a tendency? much like the fans pretty much all over various platforms seem to be too.

Anyway - it's all very well having projects like this, I'm sure kids will love it - however hyping like they have done to the hardcore fans really was a bit silly in my book.

On that announcement:
tenor.gif

But on that animation:
giphy.gif

When people were speculating here about a 8 disc Dangerous re-release and what not I knew they were setting themselves up for a disappointment.

There was only one person here who was foolish enough to believe this would happen....

Well we know a bunch of people involved with the project.. I say reach out to see what other info we can get:

Animation by: Hammerhead - http://www.hammerhead.com/
Producer: Daniel Chuba
Director: Mark A.Z. Dippe
Voice of Vincent: Lucas Till
Voice of Victoria: Kiersey Clemons
Other Voices: [FONT=&quot]Christine Baranski , [/FONT][FONT=&quot]lan Cumming, George Eads, Brad Garrett, Lucy Liu, Jim Parsons

[/FONT]

Everyone is assuming there will be no previously unheard snippets of MJ, but in a one-hour programme, anything is possible. I can't imagine any new songs, but maybe unheard fragments...

Back