Michael Jackson’s Thriller 3D

Re: John Landis - Top Secret Thriller Project!!!! Coming 2017

My guess is they're going to do an all-new Thriller retrospective documentary, and include elements of the original Making of Thriller documentary. Finished with Thriller in 3D with 'some' changes. Select theatres worldwide.

Though we haven't heard so much as a whisper regarding any new documentary which we usually do here. We knew something was happening with Bad 25 and Off the Wall fairly early on.

Well, if it is in fact a 3D version then it will give the people that like 3D something to enjoy and also the people that want an HD version that as well (since they have to convert it to HD to make the 3D version). So everybody wins.

I would personally love to have a 3D version if done well.
But they can easily ruin it. I hope they don't remove all the film grain when converting it to 3D. I fear that they might do it. Details are gone if they do it.

There is a lot to play with.. Unused footage, the section of the 'rap' that was, there was an 'original concept' for the video they could go back to.. They could also re film zombies and other footage excluding Michael to make the video different or longer for some cool shots film specifically for 3D..

I just can't wait to see it if it does happen please let it happen

There is a lot to play with.. Unused footage, the section of the 'rap' that was, there was an 'original concept' for the video they could go back to.. They could also re film zombies and other footage excluding Michael to make the video different or longer for some cool shots film specifically for 3D..

I would absolutely not want any new filming. Older stuff that was cut is okay but even then it depends...

^ Well you might not know wha would be new and old.. well we would hope not lol!

^ ChrisC is a wizard

I'm gonna place my bets right now and say Thriller 3D will be in cinemas with the remake of An American Werewolf in London that John Landis's son Max is directing.

Bookmark this post, you heard it here first!

I'm gonna place my bets right now and say Thriller 3D will be in cinemas with the remake of An American Werewolf in London that John Landis's son Max is directing.

Bookmark this post, you heard it here first!

I really don't think they're gonna have that film cast, shot, edited and distributed in time for Halloween 2017. I'll take the bet that you're wrong?

Though it is a nice bit of cross-promotion that I'm sure John would approve of. I just don't think the timing is right.

If they are going to wait for a specific release date of sort I'm sure it would land in the month of an actual anniversary.. The month Thriller video was released, the month the album was released or something.. other than that, 2017 is 2017...

If this would have a cinema release I'd doubt it would be in the US. We never get that stuff with MJ.. Even back in the day. I think History teaser was the only MJ thing that made theaters aside from This is It here. Moonwalker nor Ghosts did..

Moonwalker nor Ghosts did..

Moonwalker was in the theaters in Europe and Asia. I know. I went to watch it. It only wasn't in the US.

If they are going to wait for a specific release date of sort I'm sure it would land in the month of an actual anniversary.. The month Thriller video was released, the month the album was released or something.. other than that, 2017 is 2017...

If this would have a cinema release I'd doubt it would be in the US. We never get that stuff with MJ.. Even back in the day. I think History teaser was the only MJ thing that made theaters aside from This is It here. Moonwalker nor Ghosts did..

The only place I've heard of Ghosts playing to a general audience in a theatre was in the US. It played along with Thinner in selected theatres, 1996.

I am more interested in a Blu-Ray (HD) version of Thriller than a cinema release.

They could release "Michael Jackson - The Legend Continues" + "The making of Thriller" on Blu-Ray - maybe with Ghosts and a lot of the making of material, the more the better. - So few people know Ghosts exists - it's such a shame! - In my opinion Ghosts is far more creative and on a much bigger scale than Thriller.

Does anyone know the airplay history of "Ghosts" in the U.S. of A.? I know it did not premier until 2001 and then it got played a fair amount until 2003...but has it been played in the U.S. since then?!

^ I never see it on anymore.. post that 2003 time frame when it would play! I don't think it played once after the allegations hit in 03..

^ I never see it on anymore.. post that 2003 time frame when it would play! I don't think it played once after the allegations hit in 03..

That's so very sad... - Even though he was found NOT GUILTY - the U.S. don't really treat him that way...

All the injustice MJ had to face... Makes me sad

Ghost was premiered when it was first released in U. S cinemas.that was approx 97. 03 had nothing to do with it

Frankly it didnt get played much anywhere later on as there was really no market for it.ie that type of film.the closest you got was the music video for the song ghost being played.other than that imo it seemed a waste

^ It's my understanding that it never played in U.S cinemas, I do for sure remember in 2003 when it aired they were advertising it as a 'premier' and shortly shared the making of on VH1.. I believe it only played at the cannes Film Festival and in Sidney.

This whole time I believe I've read it was not in cinemas in the US.. and me being in the US did not hear about it until I really knew how to use the internet and did not watch it until It aired in 2003 on VH1.

Again...The only place I've heard of Ghosts playing to a general audience in a theatre was in the US. It played along with Thinner in selected theatres, 1996.

Yeah as chris says. It was shown along side steven kings film in U.S cinemas. MTV europe (at least) also showed it along with the shortened video made for the ghost /is it scary single release in 96/97

Last edited:

Yeah as chris says. It was shown along side steven kings film in U.S cinemas. MTV europe (at least) also showed it along with the shortened video made for the ghost /is it scary single release in 96/97

It also aired on primetime German television in 1997 which at the time was available to any UK household with satellite television.

soooo this US theatrical release with Kings film? How was this shown? before a movie the entire Ghost would play? Will You Be There style like Free Willy? or?? and aside from that it was 2003 that It finally aired In US to the public here?

Shown in full along side. Begining or end i dont know.

Yeah i used to get the german sat progs chris. Getting the munich concert etc

BTW how is this Thriller project "Top Secret" if we know about it? .....

He must need the money etc not a fan of his nasty remark's towards MJ.

I hope they'll release a bluray of Thriller but I don't like the 3d.

I hope they'll release a bluray of Thriller but I don't like the 3d.

I agree. 3D can ruin any good movie...

So I really hope Thriller will be released on Blu-Ray without 3D too.

Just what we all wanted.

At the very least I'm intrigued by the "different ending" he speaks of.

Beyond that... meh. Nothing I'm really dying to see.

Back