Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' jacket up for auction_ UPDATE Post #77 SOLD 1,800,000.00

Re: Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' jacket up for auction

Has it been confirmed that Karen is the one who gave the wig up to be given to auction as opposed to a family member? Or, are we still at a point where we do not know?

Thank you.

The wig is being given by lynda parrish - one time hairdresser of MJ. She had the wig on display some time back didn't she?

Has it been confirmed that Karen is the one who gave the wig up to be given to auction as opposed to a family member? Or, are we still at a point where we do not know?

Thank you.

No, it wasn't Karen, but according to her (twitter) it was someone named Lynda Parrish who did his hair for the TII concert tour press conference.

Karen, however, has been defending her buds over their decision to sell the jacket, going as far as to say that Michael wouldn't mind it if he knew his friends needed the money. Question is, how badly do they need the money? As stated before, I'm sure they are not destitute.

Karen, however, has been defending her buds over their decision to sell the jacket, going as far as to say that Michael wouldn't mind it if he knew his friends needed the money. Question is, how badly do they need the money? As stated before, I'm sure they are not destitute.

havnt karen said before that all these who are auctioning away their stuff are sell-outs???? Im pretty sure she has been very vocal about Juliens auction house before.. so now she had a change of heart when it seems as her friends are the sell-outs? smh

^Yup looks like it.

It's a pity that MJs friends and outfitters can't get together to form the nucleus of a museum with the items they have. I expect they would manage to get 'nonprofit' status for some kind of charitable foundation based on this...items could be used educationally eg for study by students interested in costume design/ music history etc.
even if it was just a 'pool' of items they could lend out for exhibitions, it would be something. (Having a permanent building to house items would probably be prohibitively expensive, plus it limits the collection's 'reach').

I'm sure there must be lots of private collectors who would be willing to lend their items to the same exhibitions...something really big and impressive could be put together if there was some way of co-ordinating it...and maybe they could exhibit at the empty Neverland buildings, if the estate and CC would let them.

One thing that struck me about this sale was that over 50% of items seem to be from a probable 'fan' source (most of the signed albums, photos, magazines and smaller items). I am amazed that so many are selling so soon.... Michael gave a lot of his time 'for free' and for love to sign these items, and it is sad to see them being sold off in such large numbers.

I checked that. The jacket that is owned by the Estate and on display at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is the zombie jacket.

2hd4f8x.jpg

so I wish they got this jacket as well.

thanks ivy so its not totally the same.i thought it was just the same as the other and two were made to be used.yeah they should have both if theres any justice.if that were me id be making sure the kids got everything poss,not selling things off.

How many jackets are there? I think things should be kept and then his children can decide when they are older to what should happen to them.

Alright this is a fake jacket !!! The real jacket of MJ of thriller is in the HARD ROCK CAFE IN MIAMI !!!!!!!!! It's signed by MJ as wel it says, GIFT FOR HARD ROCK CAFE BY MJ WITH SIGNATURE !! I HAVE A PICTURE SOMEWHERE !!!!!

Parrish email add is available if anyones intested....

money money money. sickening.

^ This jacket is the real deal. It's NOT a fake. I think it'll end up fetching 1 million US. Just my guess.

It's a shame for the wig!

Alright this is a fake jacket !!! The real jacket of MJ of thriller is in the HARD ROCK CAFE IN MIAMI !!!!!!!!! It's signed by MJ as wel it says, GIFT FOR HARD ROCK CAFE BY MJ WITH SIGNATURE !! I HAVE A PICTURE SOMEWHERE !!!!!

This is the jacket at Hard Rock. It says it was used in "Moonwalker Tour" not in the video but Hard Rock memorabilia website no longer lists this jacket, is it still there?

dwxh7o.jpg

list of items at hard rock according to their website
- Fedora @ Hollywood
- Yearbook @ Orlando
- Glove @ Macau
- Beat it Jacket from video @ Washington DC
- Victory tour shirt @ Beirut
- Handwritten Bad lyrics @Indianapolis
- Boots from Bad tour @ Indianapolis
- Boots from Bad tour @ Macau

off topic: hard rock has a MJ fedora in Hollywood which he reportedly traded with a fan for a collection of McDonalds Happy Meal toys.

This Is Sick

Happy meals toys story made me smile... Mj all over if true

wow amazingly sad i dont think this kind of thing would happen outside the us, i dont want to offend so let me explain michael was hated trough us media in the trial and he even moved to bahrein, i think the stardom and hollywood feel is soo strong that people will buy anything. Even justin biebers hair i read, hilarious

but its sad i hope some good person get the red jacket and made it for display.. or safe it well so it doesnt disappear in a corner of a house

off topic only michael could dance in a jacket like that, dancing like that :)

off topic: hard rock has a MJ fedora in Hollywood which he reportedly traded with a fan for a collection of McDonalds Happy Meal toys.

Ha ha I believe it's true. So cute.

Back to the topic. I am so disappointed about Bush and Tompkins selling the thriller Jacket.
They cried on TV and blamed AEG and many others using MJ to profit.
They are doing the same things here.
I just don't think they can call all others money grabbing when they do the exact same thing.

This is the jacket at Hard Rock. It says it was used in "Moonwalker Tour" not in the video but Hard Rock memorabilia website no longer lists this jacket, is it still there?

dwxh7o.jpg

list of items at hard rock according to their website
- Fedora @ Hollywood
- Yearbook @ Orlando
- Glove @ Macau
- Beat it Jacket from video @ Washington DC
- Victory tour shirt @ Beirut
- Handwritten Bad lyrics @Indianapolis
- Boots from Bad tour @ Indianapolis
- Boots from Bad tour @ Macau

Beat it Jacket is now in Hard Rock Cafe Bucuresti - Romania

I don't like this. Holding onto these material possessions won't bring Michael back but they should be used to preserve his memory. Not auctioned off.

Sick.

It's so sad how in the blink of an eye, and for a little money, anybody will sell anything! Friends selling clothes, family selling mailboxes and stylists selling wigs...

Unfortunately in this day and age money talks, and if it isn't nailed down and has some kind of interest, it will be sold!

As far as I'm aware Michael never spoke publicly about wearing a wig and therefore I think it is a huge lack of respect that somebody can be selling this! The jacket he wore, maybe... but the wig? Who has the right to do that?

Things like the Thriller Jacket should certainly be placed in a museum! When they emptied Neverland, where did everything go? Who owns all of Michaels possessions now? The estate right? Surely they should use the money they are making to buy and stockpile these things and one day, when the time is right, display it for the world to see... all in one place! (NEverland) x x

But I live in hope that maybe the Estate will buy these things... if they have any sense!

As for the mailbox from Carolwood... The house never belonged to Michael so the mailbox would be considered stolen if somebody other than the homeowner were to sell it??

It's so sad how in the blink of an eye, and for a little money, anybody will sell anything! Friends selling clothes, family selling mailboxes and stylists selling wigs...

Unfortunately in this day and age money talks, and if it isn't nailed down and has some kind of interest, it will be sold!

As far as I'm aware Michael never spoke publicly about wearing a wig and therefore I think it is a huge lack of respect that somebody can be selling this! The jacket he wore, maybe... but the wig? Who has the right to do that?

Things like the Thriller Jacket should certainly be placed in a museum! When they emptied Neverland, where did everything go? Who owns all of Michaels possessions now? The estate right? Surely they should use the money they are making to buy and stockpile these things and one day, when the time is right, display it for the world to see... all in one place! (NEverland) x x

But I live in hope that maybe the Estate will buy these things... if they have any sense!

As for the mailbox from Carolwood... The house never belonged to Michael so the mailbox would be considered stolen if somebody other than the homeowner were to sell it??

Agree with all the above...but I think the person who accidentally damaged the original mailbox paid to replace it and was given the damaged one in return...so they did own it.

Yes.... :( If I had anything from Michael, I would NEVER sell or place in an auction.

Is there any chance the MJ estate will buy this jacket back? PLEEEEAAAASE!!!

Back