Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' video going 3-D in 2015!

Or even HWT? Seeing that they are also celebrating the 20th anniversary of HIStory album next year. After Xscape, they should keep the momentum going. The 13 minutes short film is going to be a part of something bigger.. I am hoping its some sort of theatrical presentation on MJ. :angel: I wouldn't mind if they use it with HWT 3D tour!
By the way, this made it as a main headline in the global section of our national newspaper.

Or even HWT? Seeing that they are also celebrating the 20th anniversary of HIStory album next year. After Xscape, they should keep the momentum going. The 13 minutes short film is going to be a part of something bigger.. I am hoping its some sort of theatrical presentation on MJ. :angel: I wouldn't mind if they use it with HWT 3D tour!
By the way, this made it as a main headline in the global section of our national newspaper.

Yep but people will critic and say he use playback, etc ! While on Bad or Dangerous, he has some energy, voice, dance, speed.
+ We already have a HWT in HD, not BWT or DWT.

I don't want HWT in the cinemas 3D or not. It would only open up MJ for much criticism from the mainstream public. Bring on BWT or DWT.

Also, I cannot see how a 3D re-release of the 1983 Thriller video would be a part of a HIStory 20 campaign. Two different eras. And who said there would be HIStory 20 anyway? The anniversary releases are usually done on the 25th anniversary of an album.

I don't want HWT in the cinemas 3D or not. It would only open up MJ for much criticism from the mainstream public. Bring on BWT or DWT.

Also, I cannot see how a 3D re-release of the 1983 Thriller video would be a part of a HIStory 20 campaign. Two different eras. And who said there would be HIStory 20 anyway? The anniversary releases are usually done on the 25th anniversary of an album.

****** ******* thought it was gonna be used as the prelude to the Thriller performance on a HWT Blu-Ray.. Brad Sundberg confirmed that the estate have a HIStory project in the works, and John Landis says there's a Thriller project on the way.. to fulfill the needed amount of projects, they did need to release two projects in one year.. and i think this would be the perfect choice.. especially if Ghosts come's also as part of the spoke about HIStory project.. exciting times..

I think sometimes D.amien S.hields' blog offers good info, but often he is just speculating like everyone else. The problem is that people reading his blog take those speculations as facts as well. Just because he thought something it doesn't make it so. Just because there is a HIStory project and there is a Thriller project in the works it does not mean it will be combined. I don't see much sense in that. They are two different eras.

The only way I would see sense in it if they released a box set with Thriller and Ghosts. But not Thriller with HWT. To me that does not make any sense.

I would sell my soul to a billion devils to see BWT on the big screen!!!!!

Sorry, I have to ask ... what's HWT, BWT and DWT??!!

I just hope they don't overuse noise reduction.. i wanna see grain in the picture.. give's it depth & detail! high hopes for this if it is indeed happening.

I hope so too. If they remove the grain they remove the detail.

If they really work on a HWT, that's not a good new. Especially since it's almost Dangerous25 Anniversary (2016)

First of all, if true the Estate wants to release HWT on cinemas, f*ck the general public, f*ck them because if Michael has that legendary status and all that amount of records is because of his enormous talent and the legions of fans who have supported him for decades, not the general public.

Secondly, I don't know why you're raving and complaining about the HWT if it's mere speculation and not confirmed.

Secondly, I don't know why you're raving and complaining about the HWT if it's mere speculation and not confirmed.
John Branca himself has said that they want to release the Munich concert in cinemas 3D. So it's not just speculation. :)

I hope this Thriller 3D means that they are also planning to release the other short films on Blu-Ray also. Bad and TWYMMF would be awesome in HD.

I'm in favor of releasing HWT in HD but not that concert, Michael was very sick in that show. There's a difference between 'we want to release this' with 'we are going to release that' giving a certain date. It's not confirmed yet.

Even RS is citing the NY Daily News as a "source" for Thriller released in 3D for cinemas. It sucks there isn't a solid confirmation for it.

Short films and movies that weren't initially produced with 3D in mind, rarely lead to good results when that transition is made IMO. But hey, it's yet another great way for Sony to make money. This time off the most iconic music video of all time and without MJ having to interfere any more now. I find that sick, really. The only comfort I have regarding that is that some of the money goes towards the kids.

So, I'm not that excited about that 3D 'remake' even though as a hardcore fan I'll obviously give it a go. I hope I'm wrong regarding my poor expectations. We'll see.

I also agree that having the making of Thriller on Bluray would be really cool too.

Short films and movies that weren't initially produced with 3D in mind, rarely lead to good results when that transition is made IMO.

I think Jurassic Park 3D looked great. I could see the depth in the picture and to me the 3D effect was better than in most modern movies. It was a lot better than in 3D versions of Titanic and Star Wars Episode I. It can be done.

To me the best thing about this is that we will most likely see it on Blu-Ray! :)

To me the best thing about this is that we will most likely see it on Blu-Ray! :)

I have to be honest, I couldn't give two shits about seeing this in 3D. I'm more excited to see it (and the other short films) on Blu-ray :p

But please, please, please release Making of too! That's been last released officially on VHS!

Yeah, it's quite odd The Making of Thriller wasn't released on DVD at least. Imagine it had been released on the Thriller 25th Annoversary package instead of those 3 shorts most of the fans already have, I bet it'd have sold even more copies. I didn't get it and it kind of pissed me off.

When Thriller is released in 3D will this affect the charts? Imagine Thriller 3D being #1 or is tgis wishful thinking

When Thriller is released in 3D will this affect the charts? Imagine Thriller 3D being #1 or is tgis wishful thinking

I think they should release the short film in 3D at cinema's around the world, and include the original making of documentary including additional unseen bonus footage!

So if i understood it correctly....they are maybe going to release an only 13 minute film in cinema? :/ :p

Maybe this will be released with a 3D concert!!! We could only hope. I want Mj in full HD.

Who (other than us crazy hard core fans) would go to the cinema to see a 13 minutes music video. (fans call it a short film - others sees it as simply a music video)

I sure would love to see it in cinema, but surely there must be more than just 13 minues?

The King Of Pop is still firmly entrenched on his glorious throne and he rules forever!!!:yes::bow:
This is such an exciting news!!! :wild::woohoo::clap:

Beloved Michael, your Light is shinning brighter and brighter and the world is truly loving, admiring and celebrating your unparalleled legacy! You are winning new fans all over the world! Thank you...and may God continue to bless your extraordinary work...
:angel:we love you most...........!!!:wub:

Back