Michael paid for Temptation Furneral in 1991!!

One of the many greatest things about our Michael was that he didn't need to publicly announce what good things he was planning on doing. He just did them, out of the kindness of his heart. Now that's what you call a true giver. We miss you Michael.

One of the many greatest things about our Michael was that he didn't need to publicly announce what good things he was planning on doing. He just did them, out of the kindness of his heart. Now that's what you call a true giver. We miss you Michael.

Yep, that's true. He just did it out of the pure goodness of his heart. He had such a good soul. The world's certainly a darker place without him. :(

thanks for the info. i was one year old, so i dont remember no ^_^
michael was always caring and such a wonderful person =(

I agree. What a fantastic and extremely thoughtful and kind thing to do, to pay for someone else's funeral.

We miss you Michael :( You never stopped giving and we will never stop giving back forever.

Exactly, he didn't do it for recognition but because to help others is the right thing to do in life.

Thank you Moddie and thank you Mello. I didnt realize this either.
I remember when Ruffin died, but not any mention of MJ's contribution.
When I read the title of this thread, the first thing I thought was,
'that's just like Michael.' He didnt have to flaunt his kindness nor generosity.
He just did what came naturally from his heart.
So sensitive to others.

I never knew about this and having known now makes me love him more. Too sad our angel is gone.

Awwwwwwwwww Bless all of you! You are all so welcome!

I had a feeling many of you had not known this about Michael, so I wanted you to know. The world has lost one of the most generous and loving human beings ever known to mankind. I agree with those who believe more people should know about his acts of kindness.

And yes Mello1, you are correct. Michael did pay for other black legends funerals adn burial's but the info is so hard to find. I do remember their being talk about Michael also paying for Eddie Kendrick's( other lead Temptation singer), healthcare and burial, but I am not 100% sure. Eddie died of lung cancer and his family wanted his body brought to his birthplace, Birmingham Alabama. My family remembers bits and pieces of this story. Michael paid for something in regard to Eddie but I am not completely sure of what exactly?

I also agree with those fans who stated how proud Michael was of his heritage. He did so much that was kept "hush hush". The Media all but looked over it and wouldn't report about it which is why, anything I can remember that can be supported by fact, i will share.

Awwwwwwwwww Bless all of you! You are all so welcome!

I had a feeling many of you had not known this about Michael, so I wanted you to know. The world has lost one of the most generous and loving human beings ever known to mankind. I agree with those who believe more people should know about his acts of kindness.

And yes Mello1, you are correct. Michael did pay for other black legends funerals adn burial's but the info is so hard to find. I do remember their being talk about Michael also paying for Eddie Kendrick's( other lead Temptation singer), healthcare and burial, but I am not 100% sure. Eddie died of lung cancer and his family wanted his body brought to his birthplace, Birmingham Alabama. My family remembers bits and pieces of this story. Michael paid for something in regard to Eddie but I am not completely sure of what exactly?

I also agree with those fans who stated how proud Michael was of his heritage. He did so much that was kept "hush hush". The Media all but looked over it and wouldn't report about it which is why, anything I can remember that can be supported by fact, i will share.

Exactly! He didn't show off like many ppl. do. He was just too Special. He NEVER wanted ppl to talk about how he helped ppl., He just did it for the joy of it. He loved people. ohh Mannn...Its sooo hard NOT to Love him. He was/is AMAZING!!!

I believe this was very early 80's.

Older comedic actor and stand up comedian Redd Foxx( played Fred Sanford in show called Sanford and Son), was facing foreclosure and was being forced into Auctioning off his belongings to pay debts. Shows like entertainement tonight showed moving trucks with men taking out very expensive artwork, furniture and etc of Redd Foxx's home and putting on side of the street. Redd Foxx was shown walking around and talking to the camera person
clearly in distress. Can't remember what he said. But there was sadness.

Days later the radio station reported Redd Foxx recieved financial help from Michael Jackson.
It apparently saved if not all but most of his stuff. They went into no details.

I never read about this from any magazine, only the radio station Dj's talked about it and that was very briefly.

Anyone remember this?

I believe this was very early 80's.

Older comedic actor and stand up comedian Redd Foxx( played Fred Sanford in show called Sanford and Son), was facing foreclosure and was being forced into Auctioning off his belongings to pay debts. Shows like entertainement tonight showed moving trucks with men taking out very expensive artwork, furniture and etc of Redd Foxx's home and putting on side of the street. Redd Foxx was shown walking around and talking to the camera person
clearly in distress. Can't remember what he said. But there was sadness.

Days later the radio station reported Redd Foxx recieved financial help from Michael Jackson.
It apparently saved if not all but most of his stuff. They went into no details.

I never read about this from any magazine, only the radio station Dj's talked about it and that was very briefly.

Anyone remember this?

Oh my gosh, never heard this. So precious. I miss him more than ever right now. :cry:

hey guys looked around a bit and found this article from newsweek. it mentions michael paying for the funeral at the end of the article. newsweek.com/id/126778

I also am hearing about this story for the first time too.

The goodness of Michael's heart knew no bounds....when you saw Michael, you saw his heart. Its a shame others refused to see what a kind and generous person he truly was.

Its stories like this that the world needs to hear about and not about who's sperm spawned what!

I also am hearing about this story for the first time too.

The goodness of Michael's heart knew no bounds....when you saw Michael, you saw his heart. Its a shame others refused to see what a kind and generous person he truly was.

Its stories like this that the world needs to hear about and not about who's sperm spawned what!

People don't wanna hear positive stuff, they like mess. Why do you think soap operas are popular?

Yes. It does make you truly love him even more to know of these deeds. He really was one of a kind.

Something elese about Michael's kindness and giving heart:

Very early on in his solo career, he was the very first Human Being, I had ever heard of that had donated enormously large sums of money to The United Negro College Fund. That may not sound important or that big of a deal to you but before Michael Jackson donated the hundreds of thousands of dollars, only Large Corporations, Banks, and Businesses had donated that kind of Money and besides, at this time, no artist, especially a Black Artist had attached themselves to a Black Foundation or Organization before. And for whatever the reason it went unnoticed on popular radio stations or news channels.

It was only after Michael's consistent years of donations to this charity that prompted other notable black artist to follow.

I first heard about this in "right On" magazine around the time of the "Beat it" video. There was also an article later on in Jet Magazine during the "Thriller" days.

I can only imagine how many young people he sent to college. Can you imagine that? If you were one of the recipients of his giving and recieved a degree all because he cared enough to give and share what he had to make sure your dreams came true so you would have a solid future ?

I think in The Magic and The Madness it said he paid for a whole academic year to qualify! :wub: I know that's a crappy book to go by but it's probably more than that.

Back