Michael Prince & Brad Buxer - Secret Project (Confirmed MJ related - Post #155)

Re: Michael Prince & Brad Buxer - Secret Project (maybe MJ related)

i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE brad buxer

The point is also the unfairly high expectations of the fanbase.
Everybody should keep the huge surge in sales after 06/25/09 & the following saturation of the market in mind.
MJ is also not here to promote his work. There won't be no second THRILLER. There won't even be a second INVINCIBLE -saleswise!
But there is no need for any recordbreaking anymore, MJ has them all, he has done all that.
Let's enjoy his god given talent, enjoy the music & the artistic approach of his work.

I totally agree. But still, it would be great for the next album to achieve good sales. Of course there won't be another album to sell as much as Invincible, especially seeing as how Michael isn't here to promote it (as you said), but it doesn't hurt to hope for it. You have to admit, it would be amazing to see Michael hit number one again :) If the next album is produced as well as Bad 25 was, I'm sure the fans will be pleased. But we can't help but hope for success.

I totally agree. But still, it would be great for the next album to achieve good sales. Of course there won't be another album to sell as much as Invincible, especially seeing as how Michael isn't here to promote it (as you said), but it doesn't hurt to hope for it. You have to admit, it would be amazing to see Michael hit number one again :) If the next album is produced as well as Bad 25 was, I'm sure the fans will be pleased. But we can't help but hope for success.

I here that! Maybe if the tracks are strong it will promote itself. The general public does luv MJ. A few really good toons could do it. Need some mainstream AirPlay. I don't think videos are important unless it's studio footage.

I here that! Maybe if the tracks are strong it will promote itself. The general public does luv MJ. A few really good toons could do it. Need some mainstream AirPlay. I don't think videos are important unless it's studio footage.

I think the world needs another strong MJ dance track; if anyone could bring that, I figure RedOne could, if he's on board. Maybe even another gorgeous ballad. I think putting a new track on a commercial would REALLY peak interest.

A new album? I think it's time. Have to admit though it makes me nervous to think how this one will turn out, if true? And I wouldn't mind unreleased songs I heard already to be on it. As long as it's a good balance of real MJ songs I haven't heard too.

Last edited:

The Estate or Sony doesn't market personally to individual fans taste. They market to a larger market and to the whole world who needs to hear these songs released, whether they have been leaked or not. I would assume most fans would want the world to hear and know how great these songs are whether we have heard them or not. The general public /world is not privy to the leaked songs nor have they downloaded them. Michael's music isn't for just die hard fans but for the whole world to enjoy and be inspired by. I get very excited thinking the leaked songs will be available to the world and general public out side of his die heard fan base. I want the whole world to hear and enjoy his music. That is what Michael always wanted . Michael deserves that. he also deserves to have his music chart and be recognized by the industry as well to stay revelent in todays industry. and fans are ones most responsible to make that happen..

If fans don't support and buy it that hurts Michael legacy the most and not anyone else . For instance BAD25 was a great release and mainly marketed to fans with all the extras for them. Its sad so many didn't take the effort to make it soar not for any one else .. but for Michael - I applaud the Fans that made an effort to promote it and those that did actually did buy instead illegally downloading it .. I have no patience or respect for any who do that.

Thank you Qbee for your post. I love it and agree with it.
Now, it is our job to do our bit for Michael and carry his legacy to the future.

I would love a new album - and I sure will help promote it and I will buy it both as a CD and on iTunes.

New MJ album would be great.

Then "Green Hornet Groove". The title sounds weird to me.

Well, does not "Monster" originate from 1999, when Michael was working with Brad on
"Shut Up And Dance", "Hollywood" and "I Am A Loser"?

Shut Up And Dance? You mean the Dixie Chicks project? :unsure:

Birchey has called the material with Michael Prince and Brad Buxer "above and beyond amazing" and perhaps the best work Michael's ever done, which excites me even more.

Birchey has called the material with Michael Prince and Brad Buxer "above and beyond amazing" and perhaps the best work Michael's ever done, which excites me even more.

Sorry for my ignorance but who exactly is Birchey? Someone who worked with MJ?

Sorry for my ignorance but who exactly is Birchey? Someone who worked with MJ?

It's not ignorance, don't worry :) As Bubs said, Birchey is one of two people who hacked into the Sony servers and stole a multitude of Michael's music; multi track stems, unreleased songs, etc. If you heard that cool alternate mix of Hollywood Tonight with a guitar solo, that's Birchey's mix.

I am afraid that most of the songs are incomplete, as Michael recored the vocals before he decided to release them...

^^^^According your link, Michael indeed recorded/working on many songs with Buxer during TII rehearsals and he also filed a creditors claim after MJ's passing for music development, production and performance.

I wonder if this secret project has something to do with those songs?
Did anyone with twitter account asked if they could give a hint:)

Michael and Brad Buxer stopped working together in 2006, when Brad went on to become a full time commercial pilot in a change of career.

It's not ignorance, don't worry :) As Bubs said, Birchey is one of two people who hacked into the Sony servers and stole a multitude of Michael's music; multi track stems, unreleased songs, etc. If you heard that cool alternate mix of Hollywood Tonight with a guitar solo, that's Birchey's mix.

Gotcha. Thanks! I have been following that story but did not put 2 and 2 together. I went and read some of the postings here, crazy. I guess they know what song are out there eh? That's all kind of sad. I can't believe that was the only punishment. that change my mind about downloading anything. A few songs is one thing but all of them that's insane. I'm staying away from that thread as far as posting. I always felt blessed to have this forum to read nobody needs to ruin that. My wife always says you should be on Facebook for all the MJ stuff. I tell her I have my info coverd she always say facebook has more. She has no idea does she. Peace and MJ to all!

Hope it's not a complete disaster this time.

Last edited:

Double post.

I think it's time someone convinces Will.I.Am to release the finished tracks he and MJ did.

I think the time is right. I am in love with the new Britney Spears collaboration: "Dance and Shout"!

Thanks Stella for this useful post!

And also thank you for the world changing revelations you've advertised in the past regarding the illegal-downloading (aka birchey) trial & cascio tracks.

Let's not turn this thread into a Birchey discussion. There's a thread for that.

So I guess now we know where the acapella of "Slave to the Rhythm' comes from...

I mean the music is obviously Fanmade. It's horrible. From the headphone bleed in the beginning of the track you can hear the original arrangement, now THAT sounds awesome.

So I guess now we know where the acapella of "Slave to the Rhythm' comes from...

I mean the music is obviously Fanmade. It's horrible. From the headphone bleed in the beginning of the track you can hear the original arrangement, now THAT sounds awesome.

Actually, the music was produced by Tricky Stewart in 2010. It is not fan made. The vocals are from around 89/90.

Actually, the music was produced by Tricky Stewart in 2010. It is not fan made. The vocals are from around 89/90.

Can't be. It's not an professionally recorded production.

I assure you. What is your source? And his vocals sounds more mature than 89/90. His singing style is too different. I'd say HIStory or INVINCIBLE?

I assure you. What is your source? And his vocals sounds more mature than 89/90. His singing style is too different. I'd say HIStory or INVINCIBLE?

Tricky said in an interview that he had produced Slave to the Rhythm for the Michael album. It was originally done by L.A. Reid and Babyface in 1990 before Teddy Riley joined the mix. Michael could easily manipulate his vocals to sound older OR younger -- Much Too Soon is from 1994 and everyone was convinced it was from 1981. I'm pretty sure Tricky even spoke about the song on Twitter when it leaked... not sure though.

But Stella, I'm pretty sure Brad and Michael stopped working together in 2008... at least, that's what I remember being told. The last song they worked on together was From the Bottom of My Heart... which, now that I think about it, was recorded in 2005... but I'm really not sure.

Tricky said in an interview that he had produced Slave to the Rhythm for the Michael album. It was originally done by L.A. Reid and Babyface in 1990 before Teddy Riley joined the mix. Michael could easily manipulate his vocals to sound older OR younger -- Much Too Soon is from 1994 and everyone was convinced it was from 1981. I'm pretty sure Tricky even spoke about the song on Twitter when it leaked... not sure though.

But Stella, I'm pretty sure Brad and Michael stopped working together in 2008... at least, that's what I remember being told. The last song they worked on together was From the Bottom of My Heart... which, now that I think about it, was recorded in 2005... but I'm really not sure.

Who really knows eh? MJ worked on the DL all the time. Let's just hope we're getting new material soon

My source is Tricky Stewart who talked about working on the track in an interview with Vibe magazine. He also talked about how it was written by LA Reid and Babyface who as we know, stopped writing together in the early 90's. It's the modern sounding music that throws people, but the vocals are certainly Dangerous era, especially as it was written by LA Reid and Babyface who were working together with Michael during that time. The version leaked is the Tricky Stewart version that was originally considered for the "Michael" album. It was leaked along with DYKWYCA and Blue Gangster from within Sony in November 2010. There were some poor fan made remixes put together but the version I am referring to is the proper mix. Listen closely to the vocals - same age as DYKWYCA.

@IMWhizzle: What Stella posted, is correct.

According to Joe Vogel's "Man in The Music", they did. Page 257: "Before parting in 2008, however, they [Mj and Brad Buxer) worked on numerous songs, including 'Days in Gloucestershire', 'Changes', 'Hollywood Tonight' and 'Best of Joy'."

According to Joe Vogel's "Man in The Music", they did. Page 257: "Before parting in 2008, however, they [Mj and Brad Buxer) worked on numerous songs, including 'Days in Gloucestershire', 'Changes', 'Hollywood Tonight' and 'Best of Joy'."

I don't really trust in Joe Vogel much; he DOES have wrong information in his book. But seeing as how he actually talked to Brad, I figure this is accurate.

Back