Michael Visits Antique Store Pics MOD WARNING post 417

do you think Michael does it for publicity?

yep partly for sure... I guess there is as we know a health problem with his skin... but however in a way Michael seems to have also always loved it to be some kind of bizarre popstar. He's way too intelligent to not know that appearing like this somewhere wouldn't draw attention on him.
I heard him saying that he doesn't like it to be called certain ways... and that is of cuz his right because how can you judge someone only by whatever he looks like or what the media is telling, that's just not right. That's certainly what he is teaching his children, be understanding, find some empathy, look more into things and do not punish judgement on someone. So I'm sure they will grow up being tolerant and self confident enough to respond to him appearing this way and others maybe responding intolerant to his appearances.
See Michael is just not average Joe. It's his job to play around with the media. If Michael Jackson is going into stores this way they might also call the security probably (to keep him and the store save) but nobody does cuz they think someone would rob them.
Conformity is not his way... cuz nature forces him... and cuz he's intelligent enough to find very own and original ways of life for himself.

I do understand fans who seem to wish more conformity coming from Michael and in the following less negative press... but ppl you have to see through this and find out it's your very own need for conformity what you wish to be served... Michael however partly can't and on the other hand obviously doesn't need to serve that anymore because he is Michael Jackson and there's nothing wrong with the way he's appearing, plus never forget even negative talk in the media keeps him in the focus of attention. He is not average Joe. He can't be average Joe anymore and I'm happy for him it seems he doesn't need to and doesn't want to be and that means behave like average Joe. He seems in peace with himself. I sincerly wish the same for all of us fans.
Also I do understand his wish not to be judged superficially by only his clothes, by only his skincolor, or by only certain actions... don't try! nobody!
Cuz nobody will ever be able to fit into these mocassins he's wearing.
Let's enjoy we're living in the area Michael Jackson... it's special and it will never be the same again!

There are things you can change and things you can't change... try to find your peace in between there. :cheeky:

i loved how nobody really payed attention to those wonderful things michael told the fans outside of the store. instead everyone got obsessed over his clothes :doh:

See Michael is just not average Joe. It's his job to play around with the media. If Michael Jackson is going into stores this way they might also call the security probably (to keep him and the store save) but nobody does cuz they think someone would rob them.
Conformity is not his way... cuz nature forces him... and cuz he's intelligent enough to find very own and original ways of life for himself.

I do understand fans who seem to wish more conformity coming from Michael and in the following less negative press... but ppl you have to see through this and find out it's your very own need for conformity what you wish to be served... Michael however partly can't and on the other hand obviously doesn't need to serve that anymore because he is Michael Jackson and there's nothing wrong with the way he's appearing, plus never forget even negative talk in the media keeps him in the focus of attention. He is not average Joe. He can't be average Joe anymore and I'm happy for him it seems he doesn't need to and doesn't want to be and that means behave like average Joe. He seems in peace with himself. I sincerly wish the same for all of us fans.
Also I do understand his wish not to be judged superficially by only his clothes, by only his skincolor, or by only certain actions... don't try! nobody!
Let's enjoy we're living in the area Michael Jackson... it's special and it will never be the same again!

There are things you can change and things you can't change... try to find your peace in between there. :cheeky:

everybody read this a million times..lol..or at least try(especially the bolded part). it is so true. especially the bolded part.

the only plausible explanation for someone not being at peace with what Michael does(even tho he and that someone have nothing to do with each other) is if that someone is not at peace with themselves.

i loved how nobody really payed attention to those wonderful things michael told the fans outside of the store. instead everyone got obsessed over his clothes :doh:

Well you know it's almost always the same people who won't comment on anything actually positive, but as soon as something comes up which could be twisted in to a negative, well, they show up then alright. I don't even think they're aware of it, it's just how they're wowned.

Nobody cares how Michael's dressed when they get around him. All they want to do then is touch him or talk to him. If you say you wouldn't but would either walk away or tell him he looked crazy, then you're either lying or you have no idea how his presence generally affects people.

Well you know it's almost always the same people who won't comment on anything actually positive, but as soon as something comes up which could be twisted in to a negative, well, they show up then alright. I don't even think they're aware of it, it's just how they're wowned.

Nobody cares how Michael's dressed when they get around him. All they want to do then is touch him or talk to him. If you say you wouldn't but would either walk away or tell him he looked crazy, then you're either lying or you have no idea how his presence generally affects people.

very true. if they think they wouldn't be affected, it's because they haven't been in his presence yet.

the total proof of that was his appearance at virgin megastore in new york. it was taking a long time for him to arrive, and some people started booing and being disappointed in him. then he appeared and nothing but screams erupted.

Right. People lose their minds when Michael's around. I remember this one video from a couple years ago where this one kid was standing outside a ship Michael was in complaining how he didn't care about Michael and just wanted to buy his comic books, and immediately following his complaint, he turned and starred through the window at Michael, lol.

very true. if they think they wouldn't be affected, it's because they haven't been in his presence yet.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm going to have to disagree with this, it is a generalization. Several years back for the COL event in LA, many other MJJF staff and members were involved with the program at the theater. We all were in very close approximation (within feet) to Michael both before and after the event. Not one single person behaved in anything but a professional manner, no one "lost it", no one screamed, no "I love you's", etc.,from any of our group. The audience inside and others outside were a completely different scenario.

Afterwards we discussed how being in his presence was remarkable because of who he is and what he has done in and for the entertainment world, but that was it.

Imo, ultimately how one reacts around him is dependent upon one's basic personality, knowledge and respect for boundaries, and good dose of common sense thrown in. Not everyone comes out of the same mold obviously, so the scenarios change with the people (fans) involved.

Last edited:
And if anyone's feeling NCN ("normal clothes" nostalgic, lol!) you can bump up the other pic threads... y know.

Well I sure as shit know they'd be excited and just happy to see Michael. That doesn't mean they'll mob him, but I don't see anyone walking up to Michael and saying 'Michael, you look like a fool'. Not if they're some fan or regular joe off the street. Michael's different, he shouldn't change just because people have a problem with him being unlike them.

yep partly for sure... I guess there is as we know a health problem with his skin... but however in a way Michael seems to have also always loved it to be some kind of bizarre popstar. He's way too intelligent to not know that appearing like this somewhere wouldn't draw attention on him.
I heard him saying that he doesn't like it to be called certain ways... and that is of cuz his right because how can you judge someone only by whatever he looks like or what the media is telling, that's just not right. That's certainly what he is teaching his children, be understanding, find some empathy, look more into things and do not punish judgement on someone. So I'm sure they will grow up being tolerant and self confident enough to respond to him appearing this way and others maybe responding intolerant to his appearances.

I would like to add something:
I no way want to talk ppl down who would like to see Michael acting or better dressing maybe more classic, conform... at least not so extraordinary. I understand everybodies wish for less negative press and less negative talk.
I just wanted to point out that Michael is obviously not going for that because there's hopefully more important going on. His happiness is obviously not so much build on what others think of his appearance or what they write, it's important that they write... and that's what I think could help us fans also... it seems his focus is more on getting attention, to keep in the focus... and the reason for that could very well hind to new material from him being on its way.

So let them talk... whoever... I mean couldn't we just also move on from this one fan (or not) in here calling Michael a fool for dressing this way... as a matter of fact... it's not important.
Focus on the positive.
Ppl and fans are talking... that's cool and I think that's what was wanted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm going to have to disagree with this, it is a generalization. Several years back for the COL event in LA, many other MJJF staff and members were involved with the program at the theater. We all were in very close approximation (within feet) to Michael both before and after the event. Not one single person behaved in anything but a professional manner, no one "lost it", no one screamed, no "I love you's", etc.,from any of our group. The audience inside and others outside were a completely different scenario.

Afterwards we discussed how being in his presence was remarkable because of who he is and what he has done in and for the entertainment world, but that was it.

Imo, ultimately how one reacts around him is dependent upon one's basic personality, knowledge and respect for boundaries, and good dose of common sense thrown in. Not everyone comes out of the same mold obviously, so the scenarios change with the people (fans) involved.

that was still something. and, like u said, the audience in and outside were a different scenario. if ur around him awhile, like say, employees, nobody expects you to scream 24/7. but as u stated, ur still affected. i don't know how u were when u first approached his presence for the first time in your life. and i don't know if u will tell me.

Right. People lose their minds when Michael's around. I remember this one video from a couple years ago where this one kid was standing outside a ship Michael was in complaining how he didn't care about Michael and just wanted to buy his comic books, and immediately following his complaint, he turned and starred through the window at Michael, lol.

lol :yes:

that was still something. and, like u said, the audience in and outside were a different scenario. if ur around him awhile, like say, employees, nobody expects you to scream 24/7. but as u stated, ur still affected. i don't know how u were when u first approached his presence for the first time in your life. and i don't know if u will tell me.

NP, that was the first time I was in his close "presence". We're probably going OT here, but I really think it depends upon the person, maybe their age, what their profession may be, and their general behavior in any situation that is highly charged (good or bad); perhaps how many other extremely high profile people one has been around in any sense, etc.

In all honesty, there's not too much in life that surprises me anymore, and that includes anything (be it seen as a positive or negative) that involves Michael.

NP, that was the first time I was in his close "presence". We're probably going OT here, but I really think it depends upon the person, maybe their age, what their profession may be, and their general behavior in any situation that is highly charged (good or bad); perhaps how many other extremely high profile people one has been around in any sense, etc.

In all honesty, there's not too much in life that surprises me anymore, and that includes anything (be it seen as a positive or negative) that involves Michael.

well..whatever the case..nice to see you still on these forums, after having been around his presence and...used to it. lol

well..whatever the case..nice to see you still on these forums, after having been around his presence and...used to it. lol

Not "used to it", but my guess is there are MANY more members that fall into whatever category I fall into. Maybe I'm being off-base here, but I believe there's a ton of members that have been around for quite awhile, and just don't post very often or don't spend alot of time on the board. Doesn't mean they're(we're) not still curious about Michael, new music, new projects, etc. If anything, it's just that you learn to go with the flow, continue to live life, and never (or rarely) be surprised by anything concerning Michael, OR the media.

You know what, if Michael started wearing boring 'normal' clothes there would be people complaining about it too.

As far as i am concerned he can wear whatever the beep he wants to.
So what if people (or fans) dont like the outfit, i dont think he cares much about my opinion or anyone elses when it comes to the clothes he wears.

I dont usually get involved in discussions on this board but there, i've said it!

now i got that off my chest i can continue being polite and talk about innocent things, lol.....

Last edited:
You know what, if Michael started wearing boring 'normal' clothes there would be people complaining about it too.

As far as i am concerned he can wear whatever the beep he wants to.

Funny you should say that and you're right!

If MJ had on a regular suit, the board would have gone like this:

"I don't like that jacket."

"How come he's wearing those pants."

"Why is he wearing that t-shirt, the colors are ugly."

"He's too skinny to wear pants like that."

"I DON'T LIKE HIS HAIR!"

"Why is he wearing those boots, the heel is too high, I don't like them."

LOL! I have a million other "complaints," but you can see where I'm going.

Mike should just walk around in a beat it jacket..that would spice things up a bit..lol :lol:

"I DON'T LIKE HIS HAIR!"

LOL, exactly!

"I DON'T LIKE HIS HAIR!"

:rofl: Exactly.

theres no other reason imo. its not like he does it not to be noticed lol. of course he gets attention even when hes dressed normally but i think he just likes to annoy/wind up the press and to get a reaction out of them and everyone else so dresses like that. i think he likes messing with ppls heads lol

OMG! I skipped over half of the pages here. My brain tends to start spinning inside my head after a few of these episodes of fandom or whatever it's called.

What do I think?

Well the fact that I'm pissed off with the neighbors and it's cold with snow all over the damn ground and I haven't got enough sleep and I haven't decorated for Christmas and don't think I will and now I'm face with answering a question that I asked myself...Well...

Could it be that Michael had this in his closet and he was dreaming that he was Aladdin floating on the magic carpet and when he woke up he just had to put it on?

or

It was a gift and who ever gave it to him called and asked, "Have you worned that outfit I gave you yet?"

or

All of his other clothes were dirty and were in the hamper or at the cleaners and it was either this outfit or his Thriller costume because he has about 10 of those hanging in sealed plastic bags inside his closet.

or

He lost a bet with Blanket when they played "Chutes And Ladders" or "Sorry" or a game of "Pitty Pat" and he let Blanket choose what he would wear, hence the "Lone Ranger's Mask and Hat and the Tonto Slippers".

I saw that episode once in B&W. It was tight.:D Love that Lone Ranger and Tonto.:punk:

See he wasn't portraying Zorro because he didn't have on a long flowing black cape and all black attire. FOLKS GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.

I think I answered myself sufficiently.:D

OMG! I skipped over half of the pages here. My brain tends to start spinning inside my head after a few of these episodes of fandom or whatever it's called.

What do I think?

Well the fact that I'm pissed off with the neighbors and it's cold with snow all over the damn ground and I haven't got enough sleep and I haven't decorated for Christmas and don't think I will and now I'm face with answering a question that I asked myself...Well...

Could it be that Michael had this in his closet and he was dreaming that he was Aladdin floating on the magic carpet and when he woke up he just had to put it on?

or

It was a gift and who ever gave it to him called and asked, "Have you worned that outfit I gave you yet?"

or

All of his other clothes were dirty and were in the hamper or at the cleaners and it was either this outfit or his Thriller costume because he has about 10 of those hanging in sealed plastic bags inside his closet.

or

He lost a bet with Blanket when they played "Chutes And Ladders" or "Sorry" or a game of "Pitty Pat" and he let Blanket choose what he would wear, hence the "Lone Ranger's Mask and Hat and the Tonto Slippers".

I saw that episode once in B&W. It was tight.:D Love that Lone Ranger and Tonto.:punk:

See he wasn't portraying Zorro because he didn't have on a long flowing black cape and all black attire. FOLKS GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.

I think I answered myself sufficiently.:D

I vote for the bet with Blanket! Lol. I love these little scenarios. ^^

Back