MJ and Queen world premiere!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a link to an interview with Orbit about the track. .

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/interviews/a609289/william-orbit-talks-queen-forever-it-pulled-me-back-from-the-desert.html#~oVl1C13sYzgrSk

He comes across as so smug about the tweets. He was only responding to the sillier tweets and completely ignoring all the others that questioned the quality of the vocals/mix itself. He basically says "I know what I'm doing and it sounds fine"

I would hate for him to touch anything else by Queen. I won't even comment on the thought of him touching any of Michael's work

He basically says "I know what I'm doing and it sounds fine"

Pdh1JeD.gif

This articles explains it all and proves that I was right - there is no demo of the duet. The actual duet never happened. There is only that one MJ take from Encino where Freddie is playing the piano and can be heard speaking in the background. And of course Freddie's professional recording.

""It was ever so rudimentary. It was basically Freddie hitting the piano - studios in those days didn't have separation - so he's banging out the piano and then overdubbed some beautiful harmonies. He must've spent an awful lot of time. Michael Jackson, I think, came in and did a take and you can hear Freddie on the multi-track calling out 'The bridge here', 'The repeat chorus' and everything like that. Clearly, Jackson's involvement was brief and thereby technically a challenge in the audio."

So the mixing of the vocals could go either way. There is no "right way" or "true to the demo" or "how it was supposed to be".

""Then there was the dynamic between the two artists. Do you have them sing line, line, line, line, or do you have them sing verses? It was collective by the way - there was a lot of debate amongst myself, Brian and Roger - but whether we made the right choice over how we presented the singers, there was a lot of debate. We didn't have as many options as people might think. 'Why don't you have that bit there?' and I don't like to say it, but maybe we didn't have it. It was recorded in a throwaway way over 30 years ago. It was quite a jigsaw puzzle. Fortunately, Queen have got their own engineers and they helped me out. The quality of their people right across the board was awesomely amazing."

If the duet never occurred, Orbit didn't make it look like proper one either way. I was kind of pissed not having released State Of Shock and Victory but after hearing what was done with There Must Be More To Life Than This, I'm glad the Estate is holding those tracks.

""Then there was the dynamic between the two artists. Do you have them sing line, line, line, line, or do you have them sing verses? It was collective by the way - there was a lot of debate amongst myself, Brian and Roger - but whether we made the right choice over how we presented the singers, there was a lot of debate. We didn't have as many options as people might think. 'Why don't you have that bit there?' and I don't like to say it, but maybe we didn't have it. It was recorded in a throwaway way over 30 years ago. It was quite a jigsaw puzzle. Fortunately, Queen have got their own engineers and they helped me out. The quality of their people right across the board was awesomely amazing."

It sounds to me Queen wanted it the "line, line, line" way. That would have been better indeed.

Up to 'Bijou' on the Queen Forever album, and i have thoroughly enjoyed it thus far. My favorite song is 'Let Me In Your Heart Again'. TMBMTLTT is a close second, only let down by the mixing. The new ballad version of 'Love Kills' is beautiful. Great purchase.

It sounds to me Queen wanted it the "line, line, line" way. That would have been better indeed.

That is true. They said in an interview that their unreleased mix is done that way - "line, line, line". I agree that that would have been better. Also that way we'd have more MJ vocals.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-dancer-Sergei-Polunin-dreamy-video-clip.html

And now famed music video director David LaChapelle has again teamed up with Ukrainian ballet dancer Sergei Polunin for a whimsical interpretation of Michael Jackson and Queen’s track There Must Be More To Life Than This.

The David Jones ambassador gave fans a sneak peek of the upcoming video via Instagram on Friday, sharing a slew of stunning behind-the-scenes snaps.

‘THERE MUST BE MORE TO LIFE THAN THIS! When I first heard this song it made me cry,’ Jess wrote alongside the behind-the-scenes photo.

Before adding: ‘To hear these two legends sing & to hear Michaels voice. I love this song & I'm so proud to be apart of this special film. A song of depth & a timeless meaningful message.’

‘A true honor to be apart of the NEW Michael Jackson & Queen Music Video DIRECTED by the one & only DAVID LACHAPELLE!’

2629E7A300000578-2973012-image-m-87_1425085907661.jpg

2629E7BA00000578-2973012-image-m-88_1425085978450.jpg

Reminds me of this one...
draft-43c4bef8-9297-45ae-b297-950d97d4dd7a.jpg

Wow.

I really hope this is true. - And hope it will be released as an official music video! - Then hopefully TMBMTLTT will be released as a single so we do not have to buy the entire QUEEN GH album just to get one song!

And if it is indeed released as a single hopefully it will be released with 3-4 different versions. - Maybe 1 FM solo, 1 MJ solo, and 2 alternative mixes.

I so very much hope it will be released as a single. - It's a great song, but I refuse to buy the entire album just to get one song... (I am a QUEEN fan BTW...)

The Sergei’s facebook news page says this:
Sergei Polunin, David LaChapelle, Queen & Michael Jackson - "There Must Be More To Life Than This"
PS: This is a new anti-war video directed by David LaChapelle starring Sergei Polunin set to Queen & M. Jackson's "There Must Be More To Life Than This". This is a leaked release and it remains unclear if it will ever be officially released. The link below is viewable in all countries (video downloaded from YouTube leaked channel).

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/k460izVLjJ22j3afDSt?start=1

But I don’t really understand why do they use the same dancing place as in the video Take me to the church ?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-tW0CkvdDI

Very nice indeed.

A little tough with the dead soldiers - but then again war is a tough subject - and it should be shown as it is...

Great song and great video.

^^WOW. I just watched the 2nd video just now and Polunin is just amazing-reminds me of Baryshnikov back in my youth.
I watched TMBMTLTT this morning from my phone and really loved it-although that story line is not what I was expecting from that song AT ALL. But it was great.And maybe it was my phone, but it seemed that Michael's lines just got drowned out in the music at one point. Gigantic wall of guitar sound. I didn't notice that the first time I listened to the final version-but that was awhile back.

Are either of these really official videos? The one is just on YouTube under the director's channel.

^ I find it unexpected that the director used one of his videos to create another … dancing parts from TMBMTLTT are alike with Take me to the church video. I guess the 2nd one is official.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-tW0CkvdDI

One more thing… Sergei Polunin is Ukrainian dancer and Ukrain is in the state of war nowadays so maybe that is the reason for the story line.

Last edited:
I think the video is really great-an extremely powerful message that's very appropriate right now.

Edited upon thinking about it. Just an extremely powerful message on the tragedy and heartbreak of war.

Centuries of wars and young men and women cut down in the prime if their lives. And usually for nothing but differences in religion or politics.

What a waste.

Last edited:
I can't seem to find that video that you are talking about but I found one with just Michael solo part and it just blew me away! His voice is so powerful!!:wild:

Can someone post the link for the video please. All I get is the one called take me to church.:ermm:

That video looked very artistic, I liked it. Freddie's lyrics talked about war and how humanity kill each other, showing the soldiers was appropriate.

The audio soumds muc better than what we heard the first time but it doesn't sound like a duet.

Back