MJ clothing line by Supreme may be in the works.

In the matter of a 25 second search here you go...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-Michael...151578?hash=item41c5f6ab9a:g:XyoAAOSwJ4hY~lqn

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICHAEL-JAC...hash=item4b183f22a7:m:msxdRQz8qfdZdSCUzVAEl5Q

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-Jac...hash=item3d3a8430d8:m:m82yU3SzIM2cceJe4HDvIaw

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-Jac...hash=item238345ca12:m:maWbDnmuP4glsr59xVDO-eA

Exactly like I said.. shirts with a simple copy/paste of a picture slapped on a shirt.. I wasn't specifically talking about the Billie Jean pic. Just in general these type of shirts have been around forever, people make them at home and try selling them. But when "Supreme" did it people will drop over $100 on a shirt that quality..

You want a shirt like it? Take this pic, flip it (when it's pressed onto a shirt its reverse of course).. print it and and press on a shirt any shirt you buy for $5..

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/b4/d3/61/b4d3617bbe308255cff2a5707d83cdbc.jpg

if you'd like pressing instructions, I can send you a youtube link..

It is not high fashion because a name brand sells it. companies that CAN hide behind the title 'fashion' and make crazy money off of something that has very little value. Those shirts took no effort.. Sometimes I feel like people like debating that just to debate. Well I like a good debate so I guess sure! lol

KOPV;4196111 said:
Exactly like I said.. shirts with a simple copy/paste of a picture slapped on a shirt.. I wasn't specifically talking about the Billie Jean pic.

Well you literally said "same Michael jackson pic". What you returned, while sometimes similar, wasn't the same image and therefore not the same t-shirt.

I would buy the Supreme t-shirt (genuine or non-genuine), I wouldn't buy any of those except for maybe that Bad era one, but even then I don't think it's as good as the Supreme one.

KOPV;4196111 said:
Just in general these type of shirts have been around forever, people make them at home and try selling them. But when "Supreme" did it people will drop over $100 on a shirt that quality..

No one is claiming Supreme invented these types of shirts either. I am aware you can print your own t-shirts, but for some people it isn't the same as owning a genuine product. Nothing stopping you from googling a high resolution copy of a photo you love and printing it onto canvas, but many art collectors wouldn't consider it the same thing as buying a limited edition print properly from the artist for 10x the price.

There are a lot of people don't care about brand, just like the design and do actually make their replicas btw (if I really liked the design, I would be in this camp), but there is a more dedicated fanbase out there who are interested in owning the genuine thing. I'm not denying that brand names have an impact when it comes to fashion, because they obviously do and some people put more value on a brand name, because brand names do have an impact on how people are perceived whether you like it or not (similarly, music artists are brands in themselves and people are often judged on their music tastes). In saying this, there are many people who will look into getting the shirt not just because the brand name is respected when it comes to this subset of fashion, but because they like the design too.

KOPV;4196111 said:
It is not high fashion because a name brand sells it. companies that CAN hide behind the title 'fashion' and make crazy money off of something that has very little value. Those shirts took no effort..

Just because you don't consider it high fashion doesn't mean it isn't considered so others. The brand is generally considered higher fashion and therefore it's clothes are often considered as such. Like I said, it's worth and value is whatever people are willing to pay for it (which is why different Supreme brand clothes go for varying amounts online).

Honestly I'm just going to agree to disagree by this point. Respectfully, I think this is one of those things you either "get", or you "don't get". Brand name and design means something to some people with an interest in fashion, so they're happy to pay extra for it. Yes, they can make their own version for less (and some do), but some people see value in holding a genuine item from a rare product line from a respected brand. You might not see the value in that, and that's cool, but they do and that's why it's worth what it is. I don't consider these lines worth what they're reselling for, but I can see why other people might do. If you've read my posts and still don't get it by this point, well like I said, you either get it or you don't respectfully ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
^ Historic, I apologize for my verbiage, what I was trying to say is that for years we have been able to find shirts with printed pictures of Michael on them in the same way these are.. And 'High Fashion' is NEW styles of fashion, can you explain what is 'new' about these shirts? .. Aside from the specific, MJ on the billie Jean set crossing his arms?

^ Historic, I apologize for my verbiage, what I was trying to say is that for years we have been able to find shirts with printed pictures of Michael on them in the same way these are.. And 'High Fashion' is NEW styles of fashion, can you explain what is 'new' about these shirts? .. Aside from the specific, MJ on the billie Jean set crossing his arms?

Yeah no worries. Higher end fashion is a relatively broad term that isn't exclusive to new styles of fashion, so when I say higher end fashion I mean brands that upmarket their fashion to wealthier clients. Streetwear, which Supreme has its roots in, has started to head that way more and more. Supreme upmarket their clothes to wealthier customers, or customers who are willing to spend more on clothes, so I consider their brand and their products higher end fashion. That's all there is to it really.

I suppose this is where I apologise for my verbiage :p I should be saying higher end fashion in my posts, rather than high end which I consider to be 'different levels' so to speak. I generally consider upmarketed brands like Supreme to be higher end (as in higher than normal), but with the REALLY designer stuff like Versace, Gucci etc to be straight up high end fashion. If that makes sense? I've seen people refer to these upmarketed brands as higher end so that's where I've got my terminology from.

Last edited:
Back