MJ Estate versus Melissa Johnson and HTWF /Update: Settlement Enforced - HTWF lost the Appeal

Re: Update: MJ Estate files supplement to their complaint against Melissa Johnson and HTWF

I'm just speechless about how incredibly much everything has changed since Michael died (was killed), how different and crazy the world now is for those children... Hopes for better, though, somehow....

Re: Update: MJ Estate files supplement to their complaint against Melissa Johnson and HTWF

can these people get anymore digusting...trying to get moeny for a fake charity so THEY themselves can get their grubby hands on Michael's money....but really..I wonder WHO"S brain thinks up this shit....Randy..that's who...maybe Joe....just when I think I have heard it all...NOPE....out comes something more despicable than the last thing...when will they give it up..
Katherine is no innocent infant in all this, I'm sure her brain was almost exploding next to that of her disgusting son's and husbands while thinking of money getting/making schemes.

virginia_woolf;3337679 said:
4/11/2011
Michael Jackson Estate vs. Melissa Johnson - Updates
Short update in the above titled case: according to the Judge's today decesion, there will be a non-jury trial as per the MJ Estate required it.

http://lesliemjhu.blogspot.com/2011/04/michael-jackson-estate-vs-melissa_11.html

And let me give you a little more detail about it.

This jury trial - non jury trial issue has been going on for a while.

Estate requests a non-jury trial as they are not asking for any damages and asking only for injunctive relief . In other words they only ask the court to stop Melissa Johnson and fake HTWF from using Michael's name, image and likeliness and want Michael's trademarks and government records to be corrected.

HTWF lawyer argued that Estate initially wanted a jury trial and later just changed their minds and just did a verbal request on March 29 for a non-jury trial.

In reality what happened was that some claims was rejected by the court and therefore it became a no damages - injunctive relief type of case. And more importantly (and funnily) Estate and HTWF had filed a joint "proposed pretrial conference order" on March 7, agreeing to a non-jury trial.

So it looks like either HTWF's lawyer signs and agrees to stuff without reading as he believed the request being done verbally on March 29th or he forgot that he sent a joint written request on March 7th.

and let me tell you something -

When Marc_vivien and I were reading HTWF lawyers claim about "only verbally requested on March 29", we were able to remember that we read "non-jury trial" being mentioned on a document before. More than that we were able to find the document. So you can see that our knowledge of what's happening in the case looks better than HTWF's lawyer.

Furthermore Marc and I speculated that the Estate would mention the signed document in their response and this is how they started their response to HTWF's jury trial " Defendants’ counsel participated in the preparation of, and signed a pre-trial order that stated that “there are no issues to try to a jury.”

Funny isn't it?

^^Thank you for the last update Ivy. It amazes me how many people and entities believe they are dealing with a kangaroo Estate. They fail to understand that Michael's Estate is represented by some highly intelligent, smart, educated, knowledgeable people. This is not an Oxman headed estate.

What is the advantage of a none jury trail?
Lesliem say on her blog a while back the case could have rap up long ago but Miss Jonhson keep asking the court for more time, we know see why she need more time.

What is the advantage of a none jury trail?

more quicker. decision is generally done based on law and facts (and not emotions) as the judge is making the decision. More appropriate if the issues are technical, complex in nature. It will be more informed decision as the judge had seen similar lawsuits several times before.

For example this case arguments include trademark law. you can say that a judge would be more suitable to understand and follow the law than 12 regular people from the street.

jury advantage is that you need consensus for a verdict and in some cases even 1 sympathetic juror can hold a verdict.

Plus John brancro have been around from the start of Mj solo career he know who the shady player are, thing started to go down hill for mike when he listen to the voice of jealousy around telling him Branco has too much control.
We see those people come into Mj life and time up time he turn back to John for help,
Mj 1997 will it was only JB name as executor to his estate,
This tell me Mj know in his deeper heart that he could trust JB, but don't under estimate the deep hate and jealousy that has been going at JB the player know if they get rid of him Mj legacy would be fair game.
We have seen it over the years how many plot to get rid of JB so they can move in on Mj.

more quicker. decision is generally done based on law and facts (and not emotions) as the judge is making the decision. More appropriate if the issues are technical, complex in nature. It will be more informed decision as the judge had seen similar lawsuits several times before.

For example this case arguments include trademark law. you can say that a judge would be more suitable to understand and follow the law than 12 regular people from the street.

jury advantage is generally that you need consensus for a verdict and in some cases even 1 sympathetic juror can hold a verdict.

Thank you that what I was thinking, why HTWF would not want such a trail,

^^Thank you for the last update Ivy. It amazes me how many people and entities believe they are dealing with a kangaroo Estate. They fail to understand that Michael's Estate is represented by some highly intelligent, smart, educated, knowledgeable people. This is not an Oxman headed estate.

Yes and aren't we glad re: the bolded statement.

Thank you Ivy for the update. I have no words except for that nothing surprises me any longer :no: and that I feel very bad for Michael's children. :( I pray that justice is done on behalf of Michael and in all aspects. :angel:

This so call "MJ fan (as she calls herself) But others prefer to call her a "fan divider/Jackson family mouth piece" speaks out defending Katherine/Mann and HTWF! lol :mello:

http://youtu.be/KYv2Q1hjzxw

Last edited:

I saw that video today and I have seen it referred to as "freedom of speech".

In United States allegations of moral turpitude crimes (which includes fraud and perjury -or lying to court as it's called in the video) is defamation per se.

Thanks for the updates Ivy.

I don't understand, when you do a fake charities, when you stole money from people ( fans ), you must go in jail normaly or to be publicly guilty.

The Estate must follow these vultures Jacksons included until the end.

Mmmm it keeps getting interesting!

http://youtu.be/3KRX8yCZCF0

A lot of people are saying allegedly what they seen an heard but, what about legal documents of proof? Isn't that what these people like Mann and Johnson gonna need at the end of the day! Word of mouth can get u so far in the court room!

what is she saying ? she has seen or heard something ?

In other words we should not ask any question we must just support KJ and HM and HTWF wrong or right.
I just don't get it KJ is getting all her bills pay by the estate plus money, and she submit her list of expense to the judge so what other expense could she possible have that require her teaming up with those people?
She trust Mann after seeing that contract I am sorry I have to question KJ bussiness and tieing Mj kids to said contract where they don't get paid for making appearance with her. Those children are exploited for Money,
We were all into KJ Conor until she decide to hand over MJ kids to any and all who wanted to use them.
M Jonson why would she need to hold on to a charity for MJ that he close, When MJ was good and ready he would have take up his charity and dust it off and open it, was HTWF in some kind of danger? So miss Johnson has to rescue and safe keep it?
Was there a problem with it close? And why hound him about charity when he was in the middle of a trail fighting for his life?
When did bob jones stop working for MJ?
Every time those people open there mouth they sound silly, Mike fans are not stupid we know what the game is.
Why are they paying a lawyer to take the AEG case? the lawyer should get pay after he win the case, this case must not be really that strong.

what is she saying ? she has seen or heard something ?

nothing. she's repeating what Melissa Johnson is saying. She has no first hand knowledge whatsoever. It's a worst case of hearsay. Plus she with Eddie Jones has been on Joe's side and against executors for a long time.

The only interesting thing she said was that Howard Mann was helping Katherine with bills and her legal costs against AEG. and that he's the only one that helps her. Sorry but where's her kids? Why cannot her kids Randy that wanted that lawsuit or Janet that obviously has the money can't help to pay their mother's legal bills?

Radaronline has a story about Katherine's declaration. Also has a quote from Howard Weitzman

EXCLUSIVE DOCUMENTS: Katherine Jackson Slams Executors Of Michael's Estate -- Read Her Declaration

Katherine Jackson is making some very shocking claims in a sworn declaration in connection with a lawsuit involving a charity that her superstar son Michael had been involved with prior to his death, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned.

EXCLUSIVE DOCUMENTS: Katherine Jackson Slams Executors Of Michael's Estate

The executors of Michael's estate, John Branca, and John McClain filed a lawsuit against Melissa Johnson and The Heal The World Foundation because the Estate didn't give permission for Jackson's name or likeness to be used, and in a sworn statement Katherine is fighting back, claiming the lawsuit would be entirely against her late son's wishes.

Katherine says in her sworn declaration: "It is not my desire, nor would it be the desire of my son Michael, to continue this lawsuit against Heal the World Foundation. Michael would be very upset, if he knew our charity was being torn down by people who say they are doing what he wanted."

Katherine says she had hoped the Estate would drop the lawsuit after she joined the Foundation's board of directors in 2010. "I had hoped that once we (Joe & Randy Jackson joined the board also) all joined the Board of Directors of Heal The World, and it was made clear my desire to be a part of the charity, that the Executors would wirthdraw this lawsuit against the charity. However, they did not."

Katherine goes on to say: "Michael's children absolutely do want to carry on their father's legacy of giving and healing and to demean and distort that desire for greed is as awful as you can get."

Katherine also claims that despite being designated as part of the committee that would make decisions regarding which charities her late son's funds were allocated to, she has been "completely excluded from any decisions concerning this issue or any other decision pertaining to my son's estate."

Going on to claim: "Nearly two years after my son's death the estate's funds are being used to hire lawyers that suppress my family's ability to support charity, instead of giving away the 20% according to his wishes."

And: "Continuing to sue his charity, even a charity that myself and my son's children support, is only one example, where the estate executors are doing the opposite of what Michael wanted, the opposite of what I want now, and instead, they do what they want and what is in their best interest."

Howard Weitzman, the attorney for Michael Jackson's Estate tells RadarOnline.com: "Mrs. Jackson's declaration is unfortunate. Michael Jackson created a Trust to protect and preserve his legacy for the ultimate benefit of his children. Michael did not and would not give away the rights to use his name, likeness and related brands to Melissa Johnson for her Heal The World Foundation. Mrs. Jackson will be part of a three person committee with the two individuals, John Branca and John McClain, selected by Michael as the trustees of his Trust. When appropriate this committee will then decide which organizations "for the benefit of children and/or children's causes" shall be the recipient of Michael Jackson's generous charitable bequests. The time for designating the charities is subject to court approval."

I see the. Gloves are off and line are draw in the sand,
Howard Weitzman, the attorney for Michael Jackson's Estate tells RadarOnline.com: "Mrs Jackson's declaration is unfortunate. Michael Jackson created a Trust to protect and preserve his legacy for the ultimate benefit of his children.
I am no lawyer and that is how I see it too, she is apart of the trust to select the charity so why is she jumping the gun?
It's very unfortunate that Katherine Joe and randy did not see it fit to start a new charity, one that would have us fan supporting without the conflict.
It is by choice that they aline them self with a organisation that the estate file a suit agains to stop exploiting Mj likeness.
I can only jaw drop with eyebrow raise at the Jackson's.

Katherine says she had hoped the Estate would drop the lawsuit after she joined the Foundation's board of directors in 2010. "I had hoped that once we (Joe & Randy Jackson joined the board also) all joined the Board of Directors of Heal The World, and it was made clear my desire to be a part of the charity, that the Executors would wirthdraw this lawsuit against the charity. However, they did not."

The fact the Joe AND Randy have joined the board, SPEAKS VOLUMES, in my opinion.

And again, I have to note:

Where the heck was all of this CONCERN, when Michael was still alive? Why didn't Joe, Randy, and Katherine become involved with Melissa Johnson when Michael was still alive? Now that 20% is at stake, they all are overflowing with concern.

BOARD MEMBERS "usually" get paid off of the top, before any money is actually given to a worthy cause. Not all the time, but in most cases, that's how it works. So I would have to say, if the Jackson's are involved, then they will DEFINITELY want their money upfront. Melissa Johnson probably doesn't realize it YET, but she has jumped directly into the fire, when she signed those 3 up. Real talk!

My heart aches at the thought that Michael's kids are brought in the middle of this mess and probably completely brainwashed at this point, thinking the Estate are the bad guys while Mann and Johnson are fighting the good fight. It makes my skin crawl.

This is what I said 2 days ago

Two minor corrections for the time being
1. The Estate is still in probate so that means they cannot distribute money to charities yet. So Katherine is way early in trying to determine charities. Dear Adam Streisand please explain your client what is a probate and how it works.

This is what Weitzman says today

Howard Weitzman, the attorney for Michael Jackson's Estate tells RadarOnline.com: The time for designating the charities is subject to court approval."

As you can see it's probate basics.

I am no lawyer and that is how I see it too, she is apart of the trust to select the charity so why is she jumping the gun?

For months I have been asking "where's Adam Streisand? (Katherine's lawyer in the Estate and probate matters) because some of her (and Jackson's) claims and requests are against probate rules and to me it seems like no one is explaining them anything.

I mean look to it

- Complaint: Katherine doesn't receive a lot of money. Answer: Estate is in probate they have to pay the debts first.
- Complaint: Estate spends more money on business issues and lawsuits then Katherine. Answer: Estate is in probate and they have to settle all claims and lawsuits and debts before they can distribute money to beneficiaries.
- Complaint: Estate hasn't given money to charities. Answer: Estate is in probate and they have to pay the debts first.

as you can see most of the complaints and claims can be explained simply by the fact that "Estate is in probate". My above post (2 days before Weitzman's statement) shows that I - a common citizen - can understand this (without a lawyer) and I wonder why they can't ?

For months I have been asking "where's Adam Streisand? (Katherine's lawyer in the Estate and probate matters) because some of her (and Jackson's) claims and requests are against probate rules and to me it seems like no one is explaining them anything.

I wonder if Adam Streisand is even still in the mix at this point.

Or did he and Katherine Jackson part ways after she signed on with Howard Mann.

I don't think Katherine sought Mr. Streisand's counsel, before she signed that bogus contract with Mann and if she did, I'm positive that Mr. Streisand would have objected to her signing that piece of paper which later became public.

At this point, I wouldn't even put it pass Howard Mann to "instruct" Katherine, that she doesn't need Adam Streisand anymore, because HE, Howard Mann, will tell her everything she needs to know. It does seem as if Katherine Jackson has put her trust, 100% with Howard Mann, because he's able to give her a few thousand dollars each month.

I wonder if Adam Streisand is even still in the mix at this point.

I don't think Katherine sought Mr. Streisand's counsel, before she signed that bogus contract with Mann and if she did, I'm positive that Mr. Streisand would have objected to her signing that piece of paper which later became public.

When we last checked his website still listed him working with Katherine. And Katherine signed the contract with Mann without a lawyer , it's written in the document.

------------

Edit: Now also TMZ has the story of what Katherine said about Branca.

TMZ just posted this too

Michael Jackson's mother says one of the guys in charge of the MJ Estate is a crook who stole from the singer ... and to top it off, she claims Michael never even liked the guy ... this according to new legal docs obtained by TMZ.

Katherine Jackson just filed a declaration in a case involving MJ's old charity -- the Heal the World Foundation.

According to the docs, Katherine is FURIOUS the estate is going after HTW for using MJ's image and likeness without permission ... and insists, "Michael would be very upset, if he knew that our charity was being torn down by people who say they are doing what he wanted."

Katherine then goes after MJ executor John Branca -- saying, "Mr. Branca was a man that my son was very worried about."

She adds, "Michael told me on more than one occasion that he did not like this man and did not trust him, he told me that John had stolen from him."

Katherine continues, "This lawsuit is exactly the type of awful thing that Michael said he was capable of doing."

No comment so far from the estate's executors.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/04/12/kathe...e/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

When we last checked his website still listed him working with Katherine. And Katherine signed the contract with Mann without a lawyer , it's written in the document.

------------

Edit: Now also TMZ has the story of what Katherine said about Branca.

I don't think that Streisand's firm would automatically take down Katherine's name from their website. It's good P.R. for the firm, in my opinion.

I recall Mann's contract stating that no attorney counseled Katherine, but if she had an attorney, shouldn't she have used said attorney or would she have put her faith completely in Mann? I would have to say that Katherine Jackson doesn't care about the LONG-TERM, she is only interested in how much she can obtain today. Same thing with the Koreans, didn't she realize that sooner or later, the Koreans would come after them for their money.

I wonder if she had an attorney when she signed on with the Koreans, or did she just take their money AND RUN. LOL!

im sooo sick and tired of this messssssssss........ every day another drama... wathcing this from a distance is frigging exhausting because i just get so pissed off of whats going on and the worst part is im afraid they will brainwash the kids into believing the estate is working totally against them...!!!! Katherine should know that everything has to be set before thet estate can start distribute any money to charities..!!

Someone should also once and for all show her and Randy jackson proof that Branca did in fact work with MJ after he supposedly stole from Michael. There have to be facts like documents and what not.

i hope once and for all that a judge will shut down Johnson and Howard Manns greedy asses... this is too much now

^^
This (HTWF case) will be over soon. We will be probably getting a good amount of info about this case in the next 2 weeks as the case will start next week and is supposed to take a week. So if everything goes planned (without any delays, extension etc), we should know the result of this case by the end of April.

Mann case is still in the stage of being determined whether it will be dismissed or whether it will go to trial.

Katherine Jackson -- MJ's Executor STOLE From Him

Katherine Jackson -- MJ's Executor STOLE From Him
Michael Jackson's mother says one of the guys in charge of the MJ Estate is a crook who stole from the singer ... and to top it off, she claims Michael never even liked the guy ... this according to new legal docs obtained by TMZ.

Katherine Jackson just filed a declaration in a case involving MJ's old charity -- the Heal the World Foundation.

According to the docs, Katherine is FURIOUS the estate is going after HTW for using MJ's image and likeness without permission ... and insists, "Michael would be very upset, if he knew that our charity was being torn down by people who say they are doing what he wanted."

Katherine then goes after MJ executor John Branca -- saying, "Mr. Branca was a man that my son was very worried about."

She adds, "Michael told me on more than one occasion that he did not like this man and did not trust him, he told me that John had stolen from him."

Katherine continues, "This lawsuit is exactly the type of awful thing that Michael said he was capable of doing."

Re: Katherine Jackson -- MJ's Executor STOLE From Him

I find it very interesting that the Mainstream Media has not picked up on Katherine Jackson's RAMBLINGS regarding the Estate of Michael Jackson. Says a lot, in my opinion.

The only folks interested are TMZ and that other online gossip site.

Back