MJJC Exclusive Q&A with Bill Whitfield and Javon Beard, authors of Remember The Time: Protecting MJ

Re: MJJC Exclusive Q&A with Bill Whitfield and Javon Beard, authors of Remember The Time: Protectin

Some can't deal with the fact that Michael was not what they wanted him to be. Hence the derailment

Re: MJJC Exclusive Q&A with Bill Whitfield and Javon Beard, authors of Remember The Time: Protectin

If these guys really wanted to make money they could have by saying Michael was a raging drug addict that is what people want to hear. That IMO is what some of you want to hear

I agree this seems on the surface to be a good Q&A session but how trustworthy are these bodyguards in what they say they witnessed or indeed in anything they say? I've read elsewhere they were only around for 8 months, that they were never allowed in the house, that it really wasn't this pally 6-some they seem to want to portray. And bottom line for me is their motive ... if they really had any concept of loyalty to their boss, they'd take what they witnessed to their graves, not write a (profitable) book about it. Period.

Not having read the book yet, so I cannot say anything definite. Maybe these bg's weren't allowed in the house all the time, but sometimes they did. They also spent time with MJ in the car, planes travelling around or other occasions, so they have certain amount of information what went on.

I'm in the fence about taking what they witnessed to their graves. If all the people who knew Michael, never told anything, what then? We would have only books written by the people who write books that are collection of tabloid trash, imaginary accounts, or just plain made up garbage.

Yep...keep focusing on the subject that you think other's are doing and blame them. Oh brother after what Paris testified about Grace I hardly doubt that about Michael's first marriage.

As for John Lennon and Yoko Ono, their marriage was more real than any marriage Michael had going on. Besides Paul and Linda McCartney worked with Michael Jackson and they were an even better marriage example than John Lennon and Yoko Ono. You keep dreamin'!

As for John Lennon and Yoko Ono, their marriage was more real than any marriage Michael had going on. Besides Paul and Linda McCartney worked with Michael Jackson and they were an even better marriage example than John Lennon and Yoko Ono. You keep dreamin'!

Why are you trying to make marriage as some kind of contest? There were better and more lasting marriages than MJ and LMP's, no one said otherwise. (Although I'm not sure I should admire a guy who beat his wives as some "great marriage example", so let's not go there for Lennon's sake...) That does not make it "not real". But what does your personal dislike for LMP or her marriage with MJ have to do with anything regarding this thread?

What is this thread about again?

The title is misleading :doh: This thread is about Paul and Linda's marriage (and John and Yoko too in the mix) which was everlasting and harmonious to compare MJ and LMP tumultuous and quite short marriage :cheeky:

I think the bodyguards did a good job with this book even though there is the odd thing I feel should have been left unsaid. It is apparant how much genuine affection they had for Michael. So what if Michael did have the odd girlfriend to spend some adult time with, surely nobody expected him to be celebate no matter how much he loved his first wife? These guys could have made a ton of money by making up some really salacious stuff that the tabloids would have clapped their hands in joy but they didn't. Nice anecdotes of a man they admired.

Why are you trying to make marriage as some kind of contest? There were better and more lasting marriages than MJ and LMP's, no one said otherwise. (Although I'm not sure I should admire a guy who beat his wives as some "great marriage example", so let's not go there for Lennon's sake...) That does not make it "not real". But what does your personal dislike for LMP or her marriage with MJ have to do with anything regarding this thread?

According to both Cynthia Lennon and Yoko Ono, John Lennon never hit either one of them.

As for Lisa, when she was first married to Michael Jackson, Michael had her dolled up, but then it became obvious that she wasn't happy with being changed to please Michael.

I never realized how P R O Lisa you were.

Besides...you brought up about Lisa being in the book, so you obviously want this conversation to continue. And what in the world did you have to bring up about a g spot anyways, substantiating Michael's sex life. It seems the obsession of the topic is why this particular thread took a bend in the road. It does take 2 to keep this going. I cannot and will not take sole responsibility for the 'bend' in the road. Want the conversation to stop being focused on Lisa, then don't bring it up and continue talking about the bodyguard's. And that goes for the rest of you wise guy's, too.

self-target-copywriting-gigs-300x240.jpg

According to both Cynthia Lennon and Yoko Ono, John Lennon never hit either one of them.

As this is totally off topic, here I'm gonna only say that Lennon himself admitted to hitting women in this interview: http://www.recmusicbeatles.com/public/files/bbs/jl_yo.playboy/lennon4.html . This is probably more about Cynthia than Ono, but to me Lennon is not a good example of a husband, a father and marriage anyway. But this is irrelevant for this thread, so please stop dragging Lennon and McCartney's marriage in this thread.

As for Lisa, when she was first married to Michael Jackson, Michael had her dolled up, but then it became obvious that she wasn't happy with being changed to please Michael.

Again, what does this have to do with anything in this thread? You keep bringing up totally irrelevant, off topic matters.

I never realized how P R O Lisa you were.

Because I say LMP and their marriage has nothing to do with this thread? LOL.

Besides...you brought up about Lisa being in the book, so you obviously want this conversation to continue.

I didn't. You did! No one in this thread mentioned LMP before you in post #17: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...ing-MJ/page2?p=4016685&viewfull=1#post4016685

You were also the first one to talk about sex in this thread...

And what in the world did you have to bring up about a g spot anyways, substantiating Michael's sex life. It seems the obsession of the topic is why this particular thread took a bend in the road.

Could you please point out to me where did I bring up anything about G spot in this thread "substantiating Michael's sex life"? I'll wait. Because now you simply make up things.

It does take 2 to keep this going. I cannot and will not take sole responsibility for the 'bend' in the road. Want the conversation to stop being focused on Lisa, then don't bring it up and continue talking about the bodyguard's. And that goes for the rest of you wise guy's, too.

Again, NO ONE talked about Lisa in this thread before you dragged her into this thread in post #17. NO ONE. And I sure didn't.

Last edited:

LMAO! This thread has gone waaaayyy off tpoic lol

Anyways, I have noticed 2 different stories the BG have told. Earlier when they were shopping the book around and giving interviews they said Friend and Flower visited in Vegas, then they said Friend visited a few times, now they are saying they only visited in Virginia.

Earlier they said MJ was good friends with Steve Jobs and received a few free iPhones before they were released, now they are saying they waited in line on release day to buy him one.

Lisa is actually discussed in the book. Bill relates a conversation he had with Grace about Lisa. Grace felt they really loved each other and that Lisa tried to keep people from using him. Bill: "I remember one time she [Grace] said that when Mr. Jackson was married to Lisa Marie Presley, that was a really good time for him."

I didn't know this. thanks for telling me. have you read the book? how are you liking it? I hear theres alot of great stories about michael.

The title is misleading :doh: This thread is about Paul and Linda's marriage (and John and Yoko too in the mix) which was everlasting and harmonious to compare MJ and LMP tumultuous and quite short marriage :cheeky:

There really needs to be a LOL button. ;)

I didn't know this. thanks for telling me. have you read the book? how are you liking it? I hear theres alot of great stories about michael.

I read it last night. I enjoyed it. Is some of it hard to read? Yes. His terrible isolation is very hard to dwell on. It's certainly not a "puff" piece either so those who like their Mike "perfect" probably won't be happy. Sometimes Bill and Javon are very frustrated with MJ and their situation.

I understand some fan's reticence about MJ books in general but I read all the books and make no apologies for doing so. As to this one, unlike so many others that I ended up repeatedly hurling across the room during my reads, I didn't find anything all that shocking or objectionable in it. I enjoyed the stories about MJ just being a dad the most. I'm glad he had a woman he cared about. There were some very moving passages and I do believe they really cared for Michael and his kids. Paris just breaks your heart with her sweetness.

It is interesting that he did not want to see any of his sisters and Randy. Now we know for sure what Prince meant by " he warned me of crtain people and their ways"

How much hurt he must have been to act in that way.

It is interesting that he did not want to see any of his sisters and Randy. Now we know for sure what Prince meant by " he warned me of crtain people and their ways"

How much hurt he must have been to act in that way.

Yes, indeed.

And that story about Randy crashing the gate - we have heard it before but it breaks my heart every time. How excited Michael was for Liz's birthday and then Randy sent him into three days of depression with his action. :cry:

I don't get it why his family was so unable to realize how much it hurt him that they tried to use him all the time.

I read it last night. I enjoyed it. Is some of it hard to read? Yes. His terrible isolation is very hard to dwell on. It's certainly not a "puff" piece either so those who like their Mike "perfect" probably won't be happy. Sometimes Bill and Javon are very frustrated with MJ and their situation.

I understand some fan's reticence about MJ books in general but I read all the books and make no apologies for doing so. As to this one, unlike so many others that I ended up repeatedly hurling across the room during my reads, I didn't find anything all that shocking or objectionable in it. I enjoyed the stories about MJ just being a dad the most. I'm glad he had a woman he cared about. There were some very moving passages and I do believe they really cared for Michael and his kids. Paris just breaks your heart with her sweetness.

sound like a really good read.

Because I say LMP and their marriage has nothing to do with this thread? LOL.

Let's just get to the heart of the matter...this. Paris Jackson has already testified about Grace and quoting from the former bodyguard's book concerning Grace's pov is null and void!

Well, let's see.... Someone is insisting on dragging Lennon and Ono into it, and just for some added drama - Michael and Lisa's marriage too.

Even though both of these subjects has nothing to do with the book.

It's getting more bizarre by the day.

My initial impression is that these guys truly did care about Michael and his children. They made incredible sacrifices to THEIR personal lives to take care of Michael and his family. They strike me as straight shooters with no B.S. added for drama. Even when they weren't with Michael, they would be worried about him, his safety, etc.

One part that really touched me is when they talked about how Michael was so concerned about the people living on the street. He would brings bags of money (to a shady part of town) just to pass out money to all these people, paying special attention to the homeless women that needed it. Here he was having all these cash flow problems himself, but he found it in his heart to be worried about them, not himself. He would also pass out food.

I'm not surprised of this, knowing how charitable he always was... but to learn he continued that practice even when he couldn't really afford throwing away money, impressed me so much.

Oh yeah, and Michael was an amazing father. No wonder Paris especially is struggling so. He was a special father, no doubt.

Alicat forget Yoko Ono and Lennon. They have no connection with MJ/Lisa. Lisa and MJ issue is an old subject. Unfortunately it did not work, they split up and went on with their lives. Everything had to be discussed/dissected already been done years ago and there is nothing more to be discussed about MJ and Lisa. Why dig up the past? Leave quiet and move on. ;)

Some can't deal with the fact that Michael was not what they wanted him to be. Hence the derailment

:nono:

That's not the point of the question, at least for me it is not. It's crazy to see people discussing / dissecting / trying to draw a timeline on private and sexual life of Michael, how many women he had, if he had sex or no sex, financial situation and all that bla bla bla.... Why the hell people need to know that? Oh, for the world to know that Michael had women in his life, he was not gay, much less asexual and who loved women and sex.... Oh, great new! Discovered America! LOL For the world to know that Michael was having a horrible financial situation and was completely trouble .... WTF? :blink: The man had his life chased all the time when he was alive. I have nothing against someone who writes a book talking about Michael as a father, as an artist, dissecting his art, talk about the good times and beautiful memories with him.... The authors were people close to Michael and knew how the man preserved his private life... People do not respect the limit. For me it's not fair. If I know about private matters, I will not share with anyone, I'll take this with me to the grave. Sorry, I am not able to look at that shit otherwise. I'm not stupid and I know that a fact that this kind of book will continue to be published ... so who is obsessed with wanting to know more will buy the book to satisfy their curiosity.... and who do not give a damn simply not will buy the book and move on with life. :coffee:

Last edited:

I'm glad I read the book (Kindle)... it made me sad, though.

I'm glad I read the book (Kindle)... it made me sad, though.

Yeah I get the feeling from what those who read it posted that the sad part tugs at your heart. I hope the sad part does not overshadow the rest of the book though?

Bubs;4016809 said:
If all the people who knew Michael, never told anything, what then?

We would be left with Michael's ART which is all a fan truly deserves.

VeraR;4016797 said:
how trustworthy are these bodyguards in what they say they witnessed or indeed in anything they say? I've read elsewhere they were only around for 8 months, that they were never allowed in the house, that it really wasn't this pally 6-some they seem to want to portray. And bottom line for me is their motive ... if they really had any concept of loyalty to their boss, they'd take what they witnessed to their graves, not write a (profitable) book about it. Period.

Ashtanga;4017066 said:
The authors were people close to Michael and knew how the man preserved his private life... People do not respect the limit. For me it's not fair. If I know about private matters, I will not share with anyone, I'll take this with me to the grave. Sorry, I am not able to look at that shit otherwise. I'm not stupid and I know that a fact that this kind of book will continue to be published ... so who is obsessed with wanting to know more will buy the book to satisfy their curiosity.... and who do not give a damn simply not will buy the book and move on with life. :coffee:

Agreed.

I have read many contrary posts to attempt to understand a view opposite my own however; I continue to view them as nothing less than cowards. They have gone against the protocol of their chosen profession for a “once-in-a-lifetime” opportunity to make monies from tales spun about their ex-employer, his family, and worse, his children.

Michael trusted these men to protect him and his children and I am glad he is not present for this. I hope his children and his family will completely ignore these authors' existence.

I cannot elevate these authors over any other who authored a book about Michael for monies as I find them to be far worse. I cannot celebrate, honor, support, or encourage anyone who betrays another's trust.

Michael trusted these men to protect him and his children and I am glad he is not present for this.

If Michael were here none of those close to him would dare to write books with some juicy stories about the private life of man. I wonder what Michael would think these people writing books, making money with them and the whole discussion ravenous of fans. :fear:

If Michael were here none of those close to him would dare to write books with some juicy stories about the private life of man. I wonder what Michael would think these people writing books, making money with them and the whole discussion ravenous of fans. :fear:

It has been suggested Michael would most likely retire in significant form from the music business as he deserved. Unfortunately, I believe many would make his life a living hell because they would not be able to benefit from him (financially and otherwise) in that manner if he did indeed retire. I would still hope he would for his own happiness.

We can have opinions about women in Michael´s life but we don´t know what Michael felt about them.
For example I don´t know if Michael still loved LMP when he died or not.
It´s possible to say bad things and be angry with a person but still love her/him.
Maybe he wanted to marry Flower or Friend later and have more children, maybe adopt like he said earlier he wanted to do.
We can assume things but not read his mind.

We would be left with Michael's ART which is all a fan truly deserves.

Tygger, I totally agree with you here, but I think that's an ideal world you're talking about, one that probably existed for artists before the cult of 'celebrity' surfaced and fans coupled with tabloid gossip media demanded and were given more. (Brings to mind "Why you wanna trip on me?")

So with that in mind, I sort of have to agree with Bubs also, to an extent - this less sensational bodyguards' book might balance out some of the crap that's written about Michael. I still don't support them writing it though - totally unethical IMO, especially given their job and I won't be buying it.

What the heck does John Lennon and Yoko Onos relationship have to do with this thread? (A reality check? Let's not even go there whether that really was the greatest romance ever. It's better for Lennon if we do not go there...) Or what does this thread have to do with LMP's marriage to Michael?

Actually, in the whole interview there was only one Q&A about "Friend" and "Flower", yet those who complain the loudest about how fans only want to focus on MJ's sex life are the ones who constantly focus on and pick out those parts, no matter how little part it is in the whole interview...

I feel both sides pick those parts out. One side complain and the other side is very happy. For me it's just confusing, because it doesn't make sense. It's not easy to know who to believe when the information is so different and contradicted (is that a word?).

And I see the comment about how some fans's picture of Michael falls apart when these things are being talked about by a few working for Michael. I can't speak for others, but no one knows what kind of picture I have of Michael, I have the privilege of having a parent who knew him, so I do have that side and some parts are my own that I come over reading on the net and chatting with other people.

Mike Le Perruque worked a few months during these bodyguards time with Michael too. Some things he said are the same as these guys, some are not. He didn't write a book so we can't get his full picture. A few chats with him from time to time though.

:candy:Thanks for a great Interview!!!! The book sounds good.

Back