MJJC Exclusive Q&A with Bill Whitfield and Javon Beard, authors of Remember The Time: Protecting MJ

Re: MJJC Exclusive Q&A with Bill Whitfield and Javon Beard, authors of Remember The Time: Protectin

VeraR, I am attempting to understand the value in this book and I cannot seem to grasp it. I have read several reviews of this book in the hopes of viewing this how others do however I cannot find it.

I do not believe it is difficult to accept Michael was human with all that this entails. Unfortunately, most people are not truly compassionate and a book will not change that as no other book before this book has done so. I believe it is the opposite side that views this book idealistically.

There is a basic human need for privacy and it was not for these authors to decide if their ex-employer and worse, his children, could have what is their right. Michael is still a celebrity and it is what happens outside of his home that is fair game. This is nothing short of an intrusion and I cannot go past it.

The book is nothing more than entertainment and that is unfortunate because Michael lived that without knowing his experiences would be used as entertainment for the public including some of his fans. Yes, his art should have been enough.

After this book there will be another, and another, and another because the need can will never be satisfied. I have not seen this book as the lesser of other (book) evils.

Mike Le Perruque worked a few months during these bodyguards time with Michael too. Some things he said are the same as these guys, some are not. He didn't write a book so we can't get his full picture. A few chats with him from time to time though.

I truly hope does not follow in the footsteps of these authors. It is a betrayal for me.

Last edited:
Re: MJJC Exclusive Q&A with Bill Whitfield and Javon Beard, authors of Remember The Time: Protectin

Have You Guys Found the Focus of this Thread Yet? When You Do, Let Me Know via PM, Thanks!

Tygger;4017111 said:
We would be left with Michael's ART which is all a fan truly deserves.

Agreed.

I have read many contrary posts to attempt to understand a view opposite my own however; I continue to view them as nothing less than cowards. They have gone against the protocol of their chosen profession for a “once-in-a-lifetime” opportunity to make monies from tales spun about their ex-employer, his family, and worse, his children.

Michael trusted these men to protect him and his children and I am glad he is not present for this. I hope his children and his family will completely ignore these authors' existence.

I cannot elevate these authors over any other who authored a book about Michael for monies as I find them to be far worse. I cannot celebrate, honor, support, or encourage anyone who betrays another's trust.

What about Jermaine Jackson and LaToya Jackson books. Did they published them as a charity projects.
I definitely favor bodyguards book over theirs as well as Bob Jones, Ian Halperin, Diane Dimon, Sullivan and Tarraboreli books. Michael Jackson will always be "researched" the same way as any other big historical figure (including Jesus). There is no way he could ever avoid it. Don't worry, he wasn't naive about it. He should expect it if he knew history of the world. If for example he would be able to execute the movie project about Edgar Allan Poe, do you believe it would be only about poetry? What about King Tut movie project. What story he was going to tell in this? Both of them historical figures, where he would get his information about them from? Think about it little bit.

Havnt read this thread or any about these ppl. but i think its wrong for mjjc to be giving these ppl the time of day.these ppl either broke confidentality agreements either legally and or morally. they have written a tell all book and have no doubt made money from it regardless of any amount. for a fanclub to be actually talking to these ppl and inturn making what they have done seem ok or legit is imo very sad.i also find it sad that some fans ( not talking about this thread because i have not read it) in their desperation to read anything about mj will try to justify others writing tell alls and breaking the codes of their job. its disrespecful to mj his kids etc and morally wrong imo on all levels for such books to be written and for fans to then support such actions by buying books etc

Last edited:

Warszawa320, I do not agree with your assessment. Michael is a celebrity and anything happening outside of his home is fair game. What happens inside his home is his private matter. It is an intrusion of privacy and a betrayal of trust. Michael invited them into his private home as employees and not as his friends. It is not much different than the way he invited Bashir. Their hideous actions are deemed acceptable to some only because they find the tales they told to be acceptable. It aligns with their image of Michael.

Make no mistake however that deception was used to give the public these tales. The ends do not always justify the means.

Warszawa320, I do not agree with your assessment. Michael is a celebrity and anything happening outside of his home is fair game. What happens inside his home is his private matter. It is an intrusion of privacy and a betrayal of trust. Michael invited them into his private home as employees and not as his friends. It is not much different than the way he invited Bashir. Their hideous actions are deemed acceptable to some only because they find the tales they told to be acceptable. It aligns with their image of Michael.

Make no mistake however that deception was used to give the public these tales. The ends do not always justify the means.

Of course you don't mind Jackson Family fake stories and Katherine Jackson lawsuit. What the hypocrisy... Unfortunately your complains about this book won't change people "hunger" to buy it.

Havnt read this thread or any about these ppl. but i think its wrong for mjjc to be giving these ppl the time of day.these ppl either broke confidentality agreements either legally and or morally. they have written a tell all book and have no doubt made money from it regardless of any amount. for a fanclub to be actually talking to these ppl and inturn making what they have done seem ok or legit is imo very sad.i also find it sad that some fans ( not talking about this thread because i have not read it) in their desperation to read anything about mj will try to justify others writing tell alls and breaking the codes of their job. its disrespecful to mj his kids etc and morally wrong imo on all levels for such books to be written and for fans to then support such actions by buying books etc

That's your opinion and we respect that, however its irrelevant what MJJC does or does not do this book will continue be released irrelevant of MJJC's postings, at the end of the day its our job to bring to "all" fans news and information on anything Michael Jackson related.

For me at the end of the day this book portrays Michael in a very good light something we need to promote to counterbalance all the negative stuff thats going on right now.

You will notice we have not touched the other book as that does little to help Michael's name and character. ;)

Warszawa320, it seems my posts during the AEG civil trial really made an impression on you. Interesting.

Warszawa320, it seems my posts during the AEG civil trial really made an impression on you. Interesting.

You are absolutely right. Pretty shocking impression...

Warszawa320, long lasting nonetheless.

A part of me wishes there was only one of these threads instead of two.

Love the funny stories with Michael, can't wait to discover some more! Wondering about that song, it looks deep!

If some don't mind would you post some of the funny stories about michael from the book?

VeraR, I am attempting to understand the value in this book and I cannot seem to grasp it. I have read several reviews of this book in the hopes of viewing this how others do however I cannot find it.

I do not believe it is difficult to accept Michael was human with all that this entails. Unfortunately, most people are not truly compassionate and a book will not change that as no other book before this book has done so. I believe it is the opposite side that views this book idealistically.

There is a basic human need for privacy and it was not for these authors to decide if their ex-employer and worse, his children, could have what is their right. Michael is still a celebrity and it is what happens outside of his home that is fair game. This is nothing short of an intrusion and I cannot go past it.

The book is nothing more than entertainment and that is unfortunate because Michael lived that without knowing his experiences would be used as entertainment for the public including some of his fans. Yes, his art should have been enough.

After this book there will be another, and another, and another because the need can will never be satisfied. I have not seen this book as the lesser of other (book) evils.

I truly hope does not follow in the footsteps of these authors. It is a betrayal for me.

I agree.

That's your opinion and we respect that, however its irrelevant what MJJC does or does not do this book will continue be released irrelevant of MJJC's postings, at the end of the day its our job to bring to "all" fans news and information on anything Michael Jackson related.

For me at the end of the day this book portrays Michael in a very good light something we need to promote to counterbalance all the negative stuff thats going on right now.

You will notice we have not touched the other book as that does little to help Michael's name and character. ;)
Absolutely. I am convinced that fans complaining about the book haven't actually read it. If they had, they would know this book does not hurt Michael, it makes you sympathize him and nothing in there is so bad to me. At least this portrait balances the other books that just feed that w***** j***** crap.

I just feel like crying.

Back