MJJC TV 2009 Video Maker Competition Discussion

Re: MJJC TV 2009 Video Maker Competition... DEADLINE Feb 8th :D

hey thats cool! :D

just a reminder to please read the guidelines otherwise your videos wont be chosen as finalists, as some entries have been posted long than the desired length, obviously excluding intro and credit titles etc

Hi everyone, we at MJJC have decided that due to the amount of talented video makers out there now from the creation of youtube, we are going to have a competition with the community on the forum and our social network Youtube Channel.

This is the promo video for the competition. This is an Interactive Video/Film Making Competition.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PI1_PTzGNkM
Can anyone embed this? :)

Please read the requirements before entering.

- Your video must be at least 2 - 4 minutes in length, 5 max (EXCLUDING INTRO TITLE/CREDITS).

- It can be entered by posting in the thread in General Discussion as a Streaming video on the MJJC Forums or as a Video Response on the Youtube Video.

- The video must have a theme or story related to Michael! This is up to you guys to choose; it could be his exciting performing ability, or a particular concert. It could even be a video about the tabloids that hound him. Videos with random clips with NO meaning will not make it to the finals unless the final product can be justified, which we doubt. We are looking for the best videos out there, which hook the viewer. Ways we will be looking for that is how the music emotionally and technically connects to your clips, sync of visuals with audio and of course overall quality.

- However do NOT feel limited, because you can be as creative as you like. And of course the video can be an animation, a slideshow, a slideshow mixed with a montage sequence, music video, short documentary, a teaser for MJJC?.... whatever you guys like... Be as unique as you can! Stand out amongst the rest!?

- Your song choice doesn't need to be a Michael Jackson song (as this promo demonstrates) however MJ songs are OF COURSE Welcomed! If so try and be original and not choose something we hear in every MJ video such as Billie Jean or Smooth Criminal.

- Deadline for entries is Feb 8th 2009, no videos submitted after this date will be selected for the choice of the finalists.

- 4 Panel members from MJJC will select their favourites and we will have 10 Finalists, after this process, its turned over to the fans to decide who will be crowned the winner. With this your video will be placed on the main forum for other the fans to enjoy, which will in turn boost viewers and possibly subscribers to your channel. Lets flurish as a MJ Community and bring out the best in each other.

We at MJJC look forward to seeing your entries. Get Creative!

Any Questions post them here before entering :D

MJJC Team
Damn, mine's over the required limit...:doh:

Re: MJJC TV 2009 Video Maker Competition... ENTER NOW!!!

Come oooon...let's not hear that. I am sure everyone can make something. By time you can only get better. Besides, it's for fun only! Take my example - it's JANUARY 2009 - FIVE MONTHS since MJ's 50th birthday and I am still working on the project! It's all for fun's sake. And for love for MJ.

How do you think Dom got started? As a pro? So get a hold of an editing program and do your thing ! :)

P.S. Thanx Telha and Dom for support :)

Suppose you're right but, um, Imma pass.
I aint trying to embarrass myself like that. :lol:
Carry on...have fun....catch yall on the next round. :D

Can I enter? :angel:

Can I enter but not be eligble?

I wanna make a paint cartoon :wild:

I'mma enter :p

I have never made a video before, but maybe I'll try. Let's see if I procastinate

Really cool idea! :)
I've been working on a video for quite some time now, but haven't really gotten around to finish it yet. So what I'm trying to say is..:cheeky: Well, count me in as well. Looking forward to see all the contributions! :cheers:

I'm a third of the way into mine :wild:

and it's not a paint cartoon like I said it would be :lol:

I'll post it in this thread when I'm done!! :kickass2:

This is a good Idea. I might do one.

YAY!!!!

I made my entry :wild:

... although I can't win anything cause well.. I'm staff :lol:

But hopefully my entry can inspire you guys to give it a go cause I can't make anything half as good as mostt peeps on here :girl_haha:

so without further ado.... I present to you all "The Adventures of MJ"

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=l1FxMFGLknQ

YAY!!!!

But hopefully my entry can inspire you guys to give it a go cause I can't make anything half as good as mostt peeps on here :girl_haha:

:rofl: That's awesome L.J.

EXCELLENT WORK L.J this is a testement to show how creative the fans are and how unique they can be! Loving it! :D

Re: MJJC TV 2009 Video Maker Competition... ENTER NOW!!!

What, you nuts? Michael has TONS of songs under 4 minutes, let alone 5. Look for "(radio edit)" cuts and they are always dependably short...LOL. Good luck to all!

^ great point :yes:

Thanks guys glad you liked it :girl_haha:

YAY!!!!

I commend you for trying L.J. More than I can say for myself.
I wouldnt know where to begin first of all. Hahaha!
Yours made me giggle and made me wonder....
why the heck did MJ step in front of that car?

Nice job girlie. :)

:rofl:

ahhh that is for the next episode :shifty:

L.J that was awesome! LOVE it!

I made "Crank Dat Nevaland",a long time ago.I know,you might think it's a disrespect to MJ,but it's actually a funny song!Enjoy.

I saw yours and thought it was great the way you synced up Michael with the song! cool idea! :)

Hey guys,

As much as I would've loved to enter the competition, I cannot, unfortunately.

As the competition ends on the 5th Feb, I unfortunately won't have enough time to create a video of a length of 2 minutes. I could put together something simple but not to my greatest extent, because of the time given.

I was planning to enter in 1 MJ vid that I was proud of doing, but unfortunately it is too short,

It was:

CASE COMEBACK - A Michael Jackson Teaser
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=JXuIme7Zj44
This video actually had a very big hidden story behind it, the story was that a damaged tape was found in a once secluded area, leaving repairers to take a great time to fix the footage for release. It so happen to be a montage of clips of Michael Jackson all mixed up due to damage. This is a tape that was lost from Michael's company, and was supposed to be the official Comeback trailer. I gave the YouTube viewers a little twist, I asked on the description of the video if they could find who the owner of the damaged tape was, because that person may have stolen the tape from Michael's company, I let out little clues in the video that couldn't be seen if blinked. Since the video was on YouTube in April 08 and no one has come up with an answer, I can reveal the clues, there were some words quickly shown on the screen such as "MAD DOG (0:02)", "D.S. (0:04)", "COLD MAN (0:06)" and "SNEDDON (0:24)", an image of the logo of the Santa Barbara Police Department appears on 0:06, all clues leading to the original owner, Tom Sneddon.

No one ever really got the story of that video, so I just wanted to let it out there. Try to see if I'm right, since I made the video, haha.

I would've loved to enter that video in the competition, but unfortunately I cannot. Is there a way I could? Since I put so much hard work and effort into it?

Tell you what, I'll drop the limit on length since adverts and promos can be shorter than 2minutes

how about 0-5 mins? that fair with everyone? then you can enter :)

Im gonna watch your video and crack your code, I did that in one of my vids too, the one, see if you can crack that? hehehe this is fun :) I love the creativity by our fans, its the best in the world!

Its Feb 8th the deadline is, however I am going to discuss extending the deadline but as much as a week with staff since the posting of the Brunei concert has taken alot of attention of people on youtube and rightfully so hehehe :)

This is my first ever Michael Jackson video. I've been experimenting with video making for 3 months. I haven't made any video with Michael yet because I thought it's a big big challenge. I didn't have the courage to make one, to be honest. But now, I thought, the time has come.:)

Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5HZrb1ELbw

This is my first ever Michael Jackson video. I've been experimenting with video making for 3 months. I haven't made any video with Michael yet because I thought it's a big big challenge. I didn't have the courage to make one, to be honest. But now, I thought, the time has come.:)

Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5HZrb1ELbw

thanks so much for your entry, good luck in the competition! :)

Dom

Hey guys,

As much as I would've loved to enter the competition, I cannot, unfortunately.

As the competition ends on the 5th Feb, I unfortunately won't have enough time to create a video of a length of 2 minutes. I could put together something simple but not to my greatest extent, because of the time given.

I was planning to enter in 1 MJ vid that I was proud of doing, but unfortunately it is too short,

It was:

CASE COMEBACK - A Michael Jackson Teaser
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=JXuIme7Zj44
This video actually had a very big hidden story behind it, the story was that a damaged tape was found in a once secluded area, leaving repairers to take a great time to fix the footage for release. It so happen to be a montage of clips of Michael Jackson all mixed up due to damage. This is a tape that was lost from Michael's company, and was supposed to be the official Comeback trailer. I gave the YouTube viewers a little twist, I asked on the description of the video if they could find who the owner of the damaged tape was, because that person may have stolen the tape from Michael's company, I let out little clues in the video that couldn't be seen if blinked. Since the video was on YouTube in April 08 and no one has come up with an answer, I can reveal the clues, there were some words quickly shown on the screen such as "MAD DOG (0:02)", "D.S. (0:04)", "COLD MAN (0:06)" and "SNEDDON (0:24)", an image of the logo of the Santa Barbara Police Department appears on 0:06, all clues leading to the original owner, Tom Sneddon.

No one ever really got the story of that video, so I just wanted to let it out there. Try to see if I'm right, since I made the video, haha.

I would've loved to enter that video in the competition, but unfortunately I cannot. Is there a way I could? Since I put so much hard work and effort into it?

so given the new limitiations do you want to enter this in? if so post as a response on the competition promo video my friend :)

Dom

i made this "magic michael jackson medley" :punk::punk:

hope you like it :angel:

Last edited:
Back