Motown 25: Brief Rehearsal Clips

Wow, I have dreamed of seeing these rehearsals forever! Hopefully one day we will get to see the Billie Jean in jeans footage!

^^^

Only - when The Estate does not allow it to be released now, when will they ever?

True, this would have been the perfect opportunity, I can't reasonably see when another opportunity of this kind will come up?

Anybody see the Motown 25 infomercial yet? I saw it last night and really laughed. They show all these famous stars talking about the great night and what made it so special. They all say Michael Jackson, Michael Jackson.

Then the announcer proclaims this was the "World premiere of the world famous moonwalk....but we can't show it to you now...you have to purchase the set..."
They show all these scenes and every Motown star except Michael. You get just a glimpse of his shoulder. Haha. Major suspense.
Think Michael would have approved.

Hi. No the infomercial is like this but a 30 min version. This 2 minute version at least shows Michael's back. The long version doesn't. You just hear him yell out "randy!"

Hi. No the infomercial is like this but a 30 min version. This 2 minute version at least shows Michael's back. The long version doesn't. You just hear him yell out "randy!"

30 mins or 30 seconds??

So they are not allowed to show Michael's face in the commercials? That is just stupid.
Oh, I didn't take it that way at all. I think they're building up the suspense to make you buy it.
Motown has always been a great promoter.

The infomercial talks about all the extra hours of rehearsal time (and you see Stevie and Marvin) and if I hadn't been a member of this club, I would have thought the Jacksons rehearsal would be on it-and believe me, I would have been ordering it immediately.

Anybody see the Motown 25 infomercial yet? I saw it last night and really laughed. They show all these famous stars talking about the great night and what made it so special. They all say Michael Jackson, Michael Jackson.

Then the announcer proclaims this was the "World premiere of the world famous moonwalk....but we can't show it to you now...you have to purchase the set..."

They show all these scenes and every Motown star except Michael. You get just a glimpse of his shoulder. Haha. Major suspense.

Think Michael would have approved.

Oh, I didn't take it that way at all. I think they're building up the suspense to make you buy it.

Motown has always been a great promoter.

The infomercial talks about all the extra hours of rehearsal time (and you see Stevie and Marvin) and if I hadn't been a member of this club, I would have thought the Jacksons rehearsal would be on it-and believe me, I would have been ordering it immediately.

Reposting for truth.

I agree Michael would have approved of the promotion centering around him.

Unfortunately, his Estate decided against the full rehearsal of J5/Jacksons/MJ-Billie Jean being shown. Not the wisest decision.

if I hadn't been a member of this club, I would have thought the Jacksons rehearsal would be on it-and believe me, I would have been ordering it immediately.

When you put it that way it's dangerous advertising.

Bayroot, Motown is correctly advertising Michael's performance as the show stopper it was. They have never claimed to have rehearsal footage in this offering.

One would assume the most memorable performance would have a more in depth discussion with extra rehearsal footage. It is a grand way to commemorate it within the proper context. Michael would be the draw of the show as well as the extra footage.

Estate/Sony felt otherwise and instead Gaye and Wonder are the draw for the extra footage. While that is gracious of Gaye's estate and Wonder, it is rather illogical for Michael.

I am old school i grew up on Motown back in those day those would the hits Gaye.Robinson,fourTops,Spinners and the Jackson 5. Maybe the Estate has plans that will have this footage of Michael rehearsal and maybe others footage of Michael we has not seen before just a thought. For the stars to say that Michael was the highlight of the show that was a honor there will never be another Michael Jackson.

Bayroot, Motown is correctly advertising Michael's performance as the show stopper it was. They have never claimed to have rehearsal footage in this offering.

One would assume the most memorable performance would have a more in depth discussion with extra rehearsal footage. It is a grand way to commemorate it within the proper context. Michael would be the draw of the show as well as the extra footage.

Estate/Sony felt otherwise and instead Gaye and Wonder are the draw for the extra footage. While that is gracious of Gaye's estate and Wonder, it is rather illogical for Michael.

I agree with you on this it should be more Michael.

Exactly, I'm agreeing with you. I just feel sorry for the people who view this ad and don't read a forum and think "wow, I'll get to see michaels rehearsal footage" and then are let down.

Bayroot, I understand especially after the well deserved hype of Michael's performance by Motown. However, Motown has been extremely explicit regarding the extra footage being offered. This is how those on this forum learned the Jackson rehearsals would not be included.

I do not believe anyone will believe they will see the J5/Jacksons/MJ-Billie Jean rehearsal after seeing the detailed listing of what is being offered and the infomercial but, it will not stop anyone from wishing they could see it in this DVD collection.

Hey, is that BRIEF rehearsal clip of MJ on the single disc version of the set, or only on the multi disc version?

Atlas Air, I thought the info was in this thread but, the post may have been removed. It is on the multi-disc version during the round table discussions/interviews.

Back