Murray Trial - All media reports/articles - Merged - No discussion

L.A. NOW
Conrad Murray friend stakes out sidewalk to support doctor
October 4, 2011 | 10:32 am

As the trial for Michael Jackson's personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, entered its sixth day Tuesday, one supporter took her usual spot on the sidewalk outside Los Angeles County Superior Court.
Beatrice Fakhrian, a film and television agent, said she is a personal friend of Murray and knows him through the West Angeles Church of God in Christ on Crenshaw and West Jefferson boulevards.
Fakhrian, who lives in the Fairfax District, has stood outside the courthouse since the start of the trial last week with handheld placards in support of Murray.
“I could not live with myself if I could not give one hour to a friend,” she said. “He’s a brilliant doctor.”
She added that since last week, other people from Houston, San Diego and Arizona have joined the small crew of Murray supporters.
She adamantly defends the doctor’s reputation and said media coverage has been biased against Murray.
“He’s a good man,” she said. “Michael Jackson wanted the best. He could afford the best. And he got the best.”

-- Ricardo Lopez at L.A. County Superior Court
Photo: Beatrice Fakrian, left, has stood outside the courthouse every day since the start of Dr. Conrad Murray's trial. Credit: Ricardo Lopez / Los Angeles Times
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/10/conrad-murray-michael-jackson-sidewalk.html

Jackson doctor's girlfriend called to testify
ANTHONY McCARTNEY, AP Entertainment Writer
Updated 10:42 a.m., Tuesday, October 4, 2011
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Prosecutors have called the girlfriend of the doctor charged in Michael Jackson's death to detail the physician's schedule and her own interactions with the late King of Pop.

Nicole Alvarez told jurors hearing the involuntary manslaughter case that Dr. Conrad Murray had been treating Jackson for a year before his death. She says Murray introduced her to Jackson several times, including after the birth of the couple's young son.

Alvarez says Murray would frequently leave her apartment at night and return early the next day. She says she knew Murray was working as Jackson's personal doctor as the singer prepared for a series of comeback concerts.

Murray has pleaded not guilty in connection with Jackson's death.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/entertainm...d-called-to-testify-2202072.php#ixzz1ZpuyPWKO

Women in Conrad Murray's life take stand
Updated: 05:05, Wednesday October 5, 2011
A string of women linked to Michael Jackson's doctor - including a nightclub dancer, a cocktail waitress and the mother of his son - have taken the stand at his trial.
Dancer Michelle Bella, who 58-year-old Murray met in a club, and waitress Sade Anding were among the first to give evidence.

Jurors also heard from Murray's girlfriend at the time of Jackson's death, Nicole Alvarez, 29, who he met in a Las Vegas club.
She told the Los Angeles court the doctor had introduced her to Jackson several times, including a "surprise" visit to his home shortly after their baby son was born.
The pair lived together in the months before Jackson died on June 25, 2009.
Ms Alvarez said Murray regularly left her apartment at night to provide medical care for Jackson, returning in the morning hours of the next day.
Ms Anding was questioned about a phone call she made to the doctor on the day Jackson died.
She told the court Murray went quiet shortly after answering and she heard ruffling - as if the phone was in his pocket - for several minutes before she hung up.

The prosecution also attempted to pin down details of phone messages between Murray and Ms Bella in the days before Jackson's death, but were prevented from doing so by a number of objections from the doctor's defence.

The trial, which is in its second week, previously heard from doctors who said Murray did not tell them he had given the singer the anaesthetic propofol.

Medical examiners have determined Jackson, 50, died from an overdose of propofol and sedatives. Emergency doctors at UCLA Medical Centre said Jackson was already dead when he arrived there.
Lengthy attempts were made to revive him before he was pronounced dead at 2.26pm.
Two days after Jackson's death, Murray told police that he gave the singer 25mgs of propofol as a sleep aid on the day he died.
The defence claims that after Murray gave Jackson propofol, the pop star took another, fatal, dose of the drug when Murray was out of the room.
Murray, who has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter, faces up to four years in prison if convicted.

http://www.skynews.com.au/world/article.aspx?id=669343&vId=

Jackson doctor’s girlfriend testifies about schedule, interactions with pop superstar

Text Size PrintE-mailReprintsBy Associated Press, Updated: Tuesday, October 4, 7:03 PM
LOS ANGELES — Prosecutors on Tuesday called the girlfriend of the doctor charged in Michael Jackson’s death to detail the physician’s busy schedule on the day the singer died and her own interactions with the late King of Pop.

Nicole Alvarez told jurors during the involuntary manslaughter trial of Dr. Conrad Murray that the doctor had first told her that he was Jackson’s personal physician for a year before the singer’s June 2009 death.

Dr. Conrad Murray speaks with his attorney Ed Chernoff during his trial in the death of pop star Michael Jackson, Monday, Oct. 3, 2011, in Los Angeles. Murray has pleaded not guilty and faces four years in prison and the loss of his medical license if convicted of involuntary manslaughter in Michael Jackson’s death.
.Alvarez beamed as she described meeting Jackson for the first time in Las Vegas, where Murray maintains a medical practice.

“I was speechless,” Alvarez said. “I couldn’t believe I was meeting Michael Jackson.”

Alvarez said she and Murray met Jackson several other times, including after the birth of the couple’s young son.

Alvarez said after April 2009, Murray would frequently leave her apartment at night and return early the next day. She said she knew Murray was working as Jackson’s personal doctor while the singer prepared for a series of comeback concerts.

Phone records displayed in court Monday showed Murray called Alvarez four times the afternoon of Jacksons’ death in 2009, including once while he was in the ambulance with Jackson’s lifeless body on the way to the hospital.

....text as before
http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-busy-doctor/2011/10/04/gIQActV5JL_story.html

Conrad Murray mistress recounts doctor's routine for Jackson care
October 4, 2011 | 11:31 am

In the months leading up to Michael Jackson’s death, his personal physician, Conrad Murray, would each night leave a Santa Monica apartment he shared with his mistress to care for the singer, the mistress told jurors Tuesday.
Nicole Alvarez, an actress and mother to Murray’s toddler son, testified that beginning in April 2009, the doctor -- who was married -- would leave the apartment around 9 p.m. each night as she was putting her then-infant son to bed.

At first, he returned around 6 or 7 the next morning, but that became later and later until he was eventually coming back around 9 a.m. or later, she said.
Alvarez, 29, said she first met Murray in 2005 at a club in Las Vegas.
The doctor told her sometime in 2008 that he was a personal physician for Jackson, and took her to the singer’s home as a surprise to meet him, Alvarez recounted.
“I was speechless when I met him,” she recalled.
Alvarez also testified that she received seven FedEx packages at her apartment for Murray -- shipments prosecutors have said included large quantities of the surgical anesthetic that was ruled as the cause of Michael Jackson’s death.
Alvarez said that even though she often picked up the packages or signed for them, she had no idea what they contained, and never asked.

The woman also testified that she received a call from Murray as Jackson was being taken to the hospital around 1 p.m. on the day Jackson died. A paramedic previously testified that Murray was on the phone as Jackson was being transported. The singer was taken at Murray’s insistence after emergency crews wanted to pronounce him dead at his home.

“I remember him telling me that he was on the way to the hospital in the ambulance with Mr. Jackson, and for me not to be alarmed,” Alvarez said.

Over a defense attorney’s objections, L.A. County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor allowed Alvarez to testify about the $2,500 Murray was giving her monthly for rent.

Deputy Dist. Atty. Deborah Brazil asked Alvarez about her earlier testimony that the contract between concert promoter AEG and Murray regarding Jackson’s care was faxed to her apartment and that she saw on that contract that Murray was to be paid $150,000 a month.

Alvarez said she no longer recalled the details but ultimately conceded her earlier statements were probably accurate.

As Alvarez crossed the courtroom after leaving the witness stand, she made eye contact with Jackson’s brother Randy in the spectators' gallery. She nodded at him and he nodded back.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/10/conrad-murray-trial.html

Conrad Murray Trial, Day 6: Murray's Girlfriend Changes Answer to Prosecution Questioning (Live Feed) --
Update 2
Update, 10:50 a.m. PT

Testimony continues with Murray's girlfriend, Nicole Alvarez (pictured), who appeared to be caught in a lie by the prosecution. In a January preliminary hearing, Alvarez testified she received a fax of Murray's contract for providing medical services to Jackson. In that hearing, she said she noticed that the contract stipulated Murray would be paid $150,000.

In today's testimony, when asked about the same contract, she said she couldn't remember how much Murray was to be paid.
Alvarez confirmed that she currently lives with Murray, and that he pays her rent, approximately $2,500 a month. The two have a son, Murray's seventh and youngest child, together.

Alvarez also recalled speaking to Murray briefly on the day of June 25., 2009, as Murray accompanied Jackson in the ambulance en route to the UCLA hospital.
"I remember him telling me that he was on the way to the hospital in the ambulance with Mr. Jackson and for me not to be alarmed. He knew that I would be worried because I would learn about this through the news," Alvarez testified.

Alvarez has also testified about meeting and starting a relationship with Murray, about her boyfriend arranging a surprise meeting with Michael Jackson and about her current career, as an actress.

"As an actor, your instrument is yourself," Alvarez told the prosecution when asked specifics about her employment.
She said she saw Jackson on several occasions after she gave birth to Murray's child, and that Jackson
was "interested" in the baby and wanted to schedule visits to see the baby.

TV coverage of the trial includes the frequent mention of the "parade of girlfriends" that has made up today's witness lineup so far, and TMZ.com suggests Alvarez's acting skills have been on full display on the witness stand.

Previously ...
Update, 10:05 a.m. PT

Court proceedings started about 30 minutes late this morning because of transportation issues caused by a rare bit of Los Angeles rain.
Day six testimony began with witness Stacey Ruggles, Conrad Murray's personal assistant since 1997. Ruggles was called by the prosecution to testify about talking to her boss on the phone on the day of Michael Jackson's death.

Next up, prosecutors called one-time Murray girlfriends Michelle Bella, a Las Vegas exotic dancer, and Sade Anding, a Houston cocktail waitress, to the stand. Both also testified they'd talked to Murray in the hours leading up to Jackson's death.

An hour into testimony the prosecution has already called its fourth witness of the day, Nicole Alvarez (pictured), the mother of Murray's seventh child. Alvarez' address was also used by Murray to receive shipments of propofol he'd ordered to administer to Jackson.

Alvarez just giddily testified about meeting Michael Jackson, a surprise that was arranged by Murray, and confirmed that she is currently living with Murray.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/04/idUS208405115820111004

Conrad Murray's Girlfriends Talked to Doctor on Day Michael Jackson Died
Text Size- / +By JIM AVILA (@JimAvilaABC) , BRYAN LAVIETES, KAITLYN FOLMER (@ABCKaitlyn) and JESSICA HOPPER (@jesshop23)
Oct. 4, 2011
Three of Dr. Conrad Murray's girlfriends took the witness stand today in his involuntary manslaughter trial, describing their exchange of phone calls and text messages with him on the day Michael Jackson died.

Nicole Alvarez, the 29-year-old mother of one of Murray's seven children, said she spoke to him while he was in the ambulance with Jackson.

She was at times combative with the prosecutor and revealed to jurors that she and Murray currently live together. Murray could face four years in prison if convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the death of Jackson.

Alvarez said she and her newborn son at the time had planned to accompany Murray as he traveled with Jackson for the singer's 50-night comeback tour dubbed "This Is It." Jackson suffered an overdose from the powerful anesthetic propofol after a night of rehearsing for the tour June 25, 2009.

Prosecutors contend that Murray was reckless in administering the creamy anesthetic to Jackson and abandoned him by not properly monitoring him or by being forthcoming with first responders and emergency room doctors about the singer's drug use.

Alvarez told jurors that she received a call from Murray as he rode in an ambulance with a dead Jackson.
"I remember him telling me that he was on the way to the hospital in the ambulance with Mr. Jackson and for me not to be alarmed … because he knew I would learn this through the news," she said.

Alvarez told jurors that she received several packages for Murray beginning in April 2009. Prosecutors contend those packages contained propofol and other sedatives.

He said "that he was going to be receiving something, that if there was knock on the door, it was going to be a delivery that I could retrieve it for him," Alvarez said.

She claimed that she never opened the packages or asked about their contents.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Conrad_Mur...ad-murray-called-girlfriend/story?id=14662986

Last edited:
Re: Murray Trial_ All media reports/articles - Merged - No discussion September 30th

Conrad Murray Ordered Trays Full Of Propofol

DR. Conrad Murray ordered 100 vials of the powerful anaesthetic that killed Michael Jackson within just one month, a court has heard.
Jackson's personal physician is currently on trial for involuntary manslaughter, accused of administering the fatal dose of Propofol which cost the King of Pop his life on 25 June, 2009.

The sixth day of the trial got underway on Tuesday (04Oct11) when jurors at Los Angeles Superior Court heard pharmacist Tim Lopez testify that Murray had been ordering the surgical drug by the tray load.
Lopez told the jury the medic first approached him to provide prescription creams to treat vitiligo, a skin-lightening condition Jackson suffered from, although Murray did not reveal the name of his patient.
At the start of 2009, the doctor began to make enquiries about the price and availability of Propofol - and he placed his first order for a total of 35 vials on 6 April (09).
Murray returned to Lopez within the same month and ordered a further four trays of the drug, containing 65 vials. Both drug orders were delivered to the Santa Monica, California apartment Murray shared with his girlfriend Nicole Alvarez.

Alvarez, who shares a son with Murray, also took the stand to give evidence on Tuesday, revealing she spoke to the embattled doctor while he was en route to the Ucla hospital with a lifeless Jackson.
She told the court, "I remember him telling me that he was on the way to the hospital in the ambulance with Mr. Jackson, and for me not to be alarmed. He didn't want me to be worried."

Two of Murray's ex-girlfriends, Michelle Bella and Sade Anding, were also called to testify. Bella revealed she had received a text message and a voicemail from Murray on the morning of Jackson's death, while Anding recalled speaking with the doctor on the phone at the point he realised his famous client had gone into cardiac arrest.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/conrad-murray-ordered-trays-full-of-propofol_1248300

Pharmacist Testifies about Conrad Murray's Drug Orders
FOX 11 News video report
Updated: Tuesday, 04 Oct 2011, 1:47 PM PDT
Published : Tuesday, 04 Oct 2011, 1:47 PM PDT

Los Angeles - A pharmacist testified today that Michael Jackson's personal physician placed two orders in April 2009 for a powerful anesthetic -- the same type of medication that eventually led to the singer's death about two months later.

Testifying in Dr. Conrad Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial, Tim Lopez told the seven-man, five-woman jury that the doctor initially ordered 35 vials of propofol totaling $195 along with other items on April 6, and then another 65 vials of propofol totaling $585 on April 28.
Through a courier, Murray directed that most of the first shipment that had been delivered to his Las Vegas office instead be redirected to an address in Santa Monica, where the second shipment was also sent by Applied Pharmacy Services, Lopez said.
The pharmacist said he verified with Murray through the courier at the time of the first delivery in Las Vegas that the medications would be under the doctor's control and that they would be shipped to a medical office.
The first shipment to Murray included 10 of the 100-milliliter vials of propofol and 25 of the smaller 20-milliliter vials, while the second delivery consisted of 40 of the 100-milliliter vials and 25 of the smaller vials, Lopez testified.
During opening statements last week, Deputy District Attorney David Walgren told jurors that Murray was not honest when he indicated to the pharmacist that he had a clinic in California with a large client base when the shipments were actually being sent to the apartment where Murray and the mother of his infant son were living.

Lopez -- who was expected to continue his testimony this afternoon about other shipments to Murray -- testified at a hearing in January that his pharmacy shipped 255 vials of propofol to Murray between April and June 2009.

Murray, 58, is charged with involuntary manslaughter in connection with Jackson's death from acute propofol intoxication on June 25, 2009. He faces up to four years in state prison if convicted of the felony count.

When Jackson died at age 50, the cardiologist was working for him at a rented mansion in Holmby Hills, where the pop star was staying while rehearsing for 50 sold-out concerts in London dubbed "This Is It." Prosecutors contend Murray gave Jackson propofol and then failed to monitor him, leaving his bedroom for at least 45 minutes to make phone calls and send emails.

Defense attorneys maintain that Murray was weaning Jackson off the medication and that he gave him only a small amount of propofol, but that Jackson "self-administered" a larger dose, killing himself instantly after the doctor left the room.

In other testimony today, jurors heard from a woman who was talking on the phone with Murray on the day the singer died, apparently at the moment he realized Jackson had stopped breathing.
Sade Anding, who met Murray while she was working as a waitress in Houston, testified that she received a phone call from the doctor at 11:51 a.m. that day.
"I asked Dr. Murray how he was doing. He said, `Well,' and he paused," she said. "I started telling him about my day. That's when I realized he was no longer on the phone."
Anding said she pressed the phone to her ear and could hear sounds that made her think Murray's cell phone might be in his pocket.
"I heard mumbling of voices and I heard coughing," she said, noting that it was about five or six minutes into the conversation when she realized Murray was no longer on the line. She said she could not recognize the mumbling voice she heard.
Anding said she eventually hung up the phone and tried unsuccessfully to call Murray back twice.
It was only later that she heard Michael Jackson had died, Anding testified.
She noted that she called Murray the following month after learning that Los Angeles Police Department detectives wanted to speak with her.
"He told me, `Why are they calling you? I'm so sorry they're contacting you,"' she said.

Anding said Murray told her to contact his lawyer before calling the LAPD.
Anding, who said she met Murray in February 2009, said Murray once playfully referred to her as his girlfriend.
In other testimony, Murray's live-in girlfriend and mother of his son said Murray introduced her to Jackson, and she was planning on going with him to London when Jackson's concert series began.

Nicole Alvarez said meeting the pop superstar came as a surprise, with Murray telling her there was someone he wanted her to meet.
"I was speechless," she said.
Jackson was interested in the couple's baby, and he wanted to arrange visits so he could see the child, Alvarez told jurors.

Under questioning by Deputy District Attorney Deborah Brazil, Murray's girlfriend noted that some packages were sent via FedEx to Murray at the Santa Monica apartment she shared with him, but said she had no idea what the packages contained.
FedEx documents for shipments between April 8, 2009, and June 16, 2009, list the shipper as Applied Pharmacy Services and the recipient as Murray.

Alvarez said she knew Murray was working
as Jackson's personal physician and left the apartment frequently at night to care for the singer, but told jurors she was unfamiliar with the contract under which Murray was expected to be paid $150,000 monthly while working as Jackson's doctor.

Stacey Ruggles, who worked for Murray since 1997, testified that she spoke to her employer for about 8 1/2 minutes, starting at 10:34 a.m., the day Jackson died and spoke to him briefly again at 11:07 a.m. to let him know she had sent an email.
Under cross-examination by defense attorney Edward Chernoff, Murray's employee said she helped Murray open an office in the Acres Home area of Houston in memory of his father.
"Most of them were indigent, on fixed incomes, unable to afford a physician," Ruggles said, noting that Murray was not profiting from that cardiology clinic.
She said she believes Murray told her in April 2009 that he was planning to go to work for Jackson.

Jurors also heard briefly from Michelle Bella, who testified that she met Murray at a "social-type club" in Las Vegas in February 2008 and that he told her at one point that he was acting as Jackson's personal physician. She said she received a text message from the doctor on the day Jackson died.

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/jackson_...s-conrad-murray-drug-orders-propofol-20111004
Read more: http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/jackson_...y-drug-orders-propofol-20111004#ixzz1ZqmQKB4b

Last edited:
Re: Murray Trial_ All media reports/articles - Merged - No discussion September 30th

More: Dr. #Murray gave Sade Anding a $500 check and that was off limits for questioning. Deborah Brazil agreed and instructed witness.
14 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

abc7MurrayTrial ABC7 Murray Trial
More exclusive tidbits: Ed Chernoff said he was objecting to prosecutors inquiring Sade Anding about gifts, money, dates or trips together.
16 minutes ago

More exclusive tidbits: judge ruled that the wording was to be "social club" and not "strip club" when referring to Michelle Bella.
20 minutes ago

More exclusive tidbits: Brazil argued in chambers that #Murray's relationship w/ Bella shows his focus was on things other than caring 4 #MJ
21 minutes ago

More exclusive tidbits: Ed Chernoff told judge and prosecutors Bella and Dr. #Murray had no other physical contact, but maintained contact.
29 minutes ago

More exclusive tidbits: in chamber's meeting between attorneys and judge, Ed Chernoff said Dr. #Murray met Michelle Bella at a strip club.
31 minutes ago

Exclusive tidbits from the courtroom: when #NicoleAlvarez stepped down from witness stand she looked at Randy and Rebbie and semi-bowed.
36 minutes ago

LAPD Detective Scott Smith will not be the first witness tomorrow, but will take the stand sometime in the day. #ConradMurraytrial
1 hour ago

According to docs obtained by @abc7, LAPD Detective Smith responded to UCLA on June 25 and attended the autopsy on June 27. #ConradMurray
1 hour ago

Next up: S.Marks LAPD Comp Forensic Examiner, E.Fleak LA County Coroner Investigator, D.Anderson Sup Criminologist, S.Smith LAPD Detective
2 hours ago

Prosecutors will play in excess of 2 hrs of audio tape interview of LAPD Detective Smith w/ #Murray. Defense wasn't ready for this witness

Prosecution to Dr. Murray's GF:
GOTCHA!
Dr. Murray's Baby Mama Nicole Alvarez Missteps in Court
Updated 10/04/11 at 9:55 AM

Nicole Alvarez
-- Murray's girlfriend and baby mama -- is standing by her man.

In case you missed it, prosecution grilled Alvarez on Murray's $150K-a-month salary -- but Alvarez denied knowing anything about it until it hit the media.

Prosecutor Deborah Brazil dug up some of Nicole's previous testimony -- in which Alvarez admitted to knowing about Murray's salary long before news broke about it.

Alvarez balked in response -- claiming her memory might be a little fuzzy ...

Alvarez said she met Murray at a Vegas club in 2005. They began dating a few months later. She gave birth to his son in 2009.

She told the court she first met the King of Pop in 2008. She saw him again 2 or 3 times after the baby was born ... saying Michael was "interested" in the baby and wanted to arrange visits so he could see him.

She testified she frequently signed for packages delivered to her Santa Monica apartment -- later known to contain Propofol ... but insisted she never opened them and didn't know what was in them.
http://www.tmz.com/2011/10/04/peopl...lvarez-testifies-propofol-shipments-aparment/

Michael Jackson doctor's girlfriend talks calls, drug shipments

By LINDA DEUTSCH, AP Special Correspondent
Posted: 10/04/2011 05:28:13 PM PDT
Updated: 10/04/2011 05:32:46 PM PDT

Prosecution witness Sade Anding testifies during Dr. Conrad Murray's trial in the death of pop star Michael Jackson in Los Angeles, Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2011. (AP Photo/Mario Anzuoni, Pool)

var requestedWidth = 0;
if(requestedWidth > 0){ document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.width = requestedWidth + "px"; document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.margin = "0px 0px 10px 10px"; } LOS ANGELES -- Dr. Conrad Murray's complicated love life became entangled with the life and death of his patient Michael Jackson, prosecutors suggested Tuesday as they called a parade of women witnesses who received phone calls from the doctor as Jackson was near death. The evidence was designed to show that the doctor was trying to juggle his medical practice, personal life and superstar patient all at the same time and was so distracted he failed to give Jackson proper care.
Murray's phone records from the day Jackson died were displayed in court as a backdrop for testimony of those at the other end of the cell phone calls. Three of them were current and former girlfriends and one was the manager of Murray's Houston office.

Prosecution witness Michelle Bela testifies during Dr. Conrad Murray's trial in the death of pop star Michael Jackson in Los Angeles, Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2011. (AP Photo/Mario Anzuoni, Pool)

Alvarez, who lives with Murray and is the mother of his small son, was a key witness. She said she received a phone call from Murray as he rode in an ambulance beside Jackson's lifeless body on June 25, 2009. "I remember him telling me that he was on the way to the hospital in an ambulance with Mr. Jackson and not to be alarmed," Alvarez said. "He was worried I would hear about it."

Three more calls to her were recorded that day but she didn't remember the conversations.
Alvarez was depicted as an unwitting conduit for Murray's purchases of the powerful anesthetic propofol which Jackson craved as a sleep aid. Murray is charged with involuntary manslaughter, accused of giving the star an overdose of the drug and failing to respond properly when he found him not breathing.

Murray has pleaded not guilty, and his attorneys claim Jackson took the fatal dose himself.
Alvarez recounted how she received many shipments of boxes for Murray in April, May and June 2009 but didn't open them and had no idea of their contents. The pharmacist who shipped them to her Santa Monica apartment from Las Vegas testified that he thought he was shipping to Murray's medical office.

FedEx and pharmacy receipts displayed by Deputy District Attorney Deborah Brazil showed that they contained large amounts of propofol, sedatives and a skin whitening cream used to treat the skin disease vitiligo from which Jackson suffered.

Tim Lopez, the Las Vegas pharmacist who filled orders from Murray, testified that over four months he purchased 255 vials of propofol, 20 vials of the sedative lorazepam, 60 vials of midazolam and several tubes of lidocaine which was intended to numb injection sites. He also purchased saline solution in IV bags.

Alvarez, who had given birth to Murray's son in March 2009, recalled the doctor telling her that he was Jackson's private physician. The 29-year-old actress said she found it exciting.

"It was Michael Jackson!" she exulted when she recounted meeting the star. She said Murray surprised her, telling her he was taking her to meet someone and then they arrived at Jackson's home.

"I was speechless," Alvarez said. "I couldn't believe I was meeting Michael Jackson."
Alvarez smiled frequently and was often breathless during her testimony. She told of her romance with Murray that began at a Las Vegas night club and drew her into the glamorous world of Jackson's inner circle.

She said she and Murray met Jackson several other times. "Michael was very interested in the baby," she said. "He saw my stomach growing with the pregnancy. He wanted to schedule a visit so he could see my son."
Alvarez said she brought the little boy to Jackson's home twice for visits.

When they settled into her Santa Monica apartment, Alvarez said, Murray began keeping odd hours but she never asked why. He would leave at about 9 p.m. and not return until the morning. He would tell her he was "going to work," she said, and she presumed he was at Jackson's home.

She said she had plans to move to London with Murray when he toured with Jackson but those plans ended when the superstar died on June 25, 2009. "I never finished packing," she said sadly.

In opening statements, a prosecutor said Murray had received more than four gallons of propofol while working with Jackson, most of it sent to Alvarez's home. Murray told police after Jackson's death that he was giving the singer propofol as a sleep aid.

Alvarez was preceded to the witness stand by other Murray girlfriends.

There was Michelle Bela, who met him in in February 2008 when she was working at a Las Vegas social club and he was a patron, she said. They exchanged phone numbers and began dating.

In 2009, she said, he told her he was working as Michael Jackson's personal physician. On June 16, she said he left her a voice message. Brazil asked to play the audio, but the judge rejected it.

The prosecutor indicated that Murray told Bela he wanted to see her before he left on tour. A few hours before Jackson died, he left her a text message, she said.

She was followed to the stand by Sade (Sha-day) Anding, a Houston waitress who met Murray at a steak house where she worked in February 2009. She said they became close and Murray referred to her as his girlfriend.

His phone call to her was the last one before Jackson died. Phone records show that it was made at 11:51 a.m.

"What he said to me is 'Hello, it's Conrad Murray. How are you doing?'" she recalled. "I said, 'Fine, but I haven't heard from you in a while.'" She said he told her he was fine, but "I started telling him about my day and then I realized he wasn't on the phone.

"I pressed the phone to my ear and I heard mumbling and voices. Like the phone was in his pocket. I heard coughing," she said.

She said she kept saying, "Hello, hello, are you there?" When there was no response, she hung up.

http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_19040068?source=rss

Oct 4 2011 8:38 PM EDT 4,225
Michael Jackson Doctor Called Girlfriend As MJ Died

Three of Dr. Conrad Murray's former girlfriends take the stand Tuesday.

By Gil Kaufman

Prosecutors in the involuntary manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson's physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, called one of the cardiologist's girlfriends to the stand Tuesday (October 4) in an attempt to nail down what Murray was doing as his famous client was dying of cardiac arrest.
Houston, Texas, steakhouse waitress Sade Anding told the jury that six minutes into a phone call with Murray on June 25, 2009, Murray suddenly disappeared as she was telling him about her day. "I realized he was no longer on the phone," she said of the call that took place less than a half-hour before Murray placed a frantic call to Jackson's assistant asking for help. At one point, she described hearing coughing, mumbling and other voices on Murray's end, as if his phone was in his pocket. The call was one of a half-dozen that phone records show Murray made during a crucial time when prosecutors say he should have been monitoring Jackson's vital signs closely.

Other testimony on Tuesday:

» Another woman, Michelle Bella, said she got a text message from Murray that morning, and an employee of the doctor said she exchanged eight minutes' worth of calls with him during the final hours of Jackson's life.

» Murray's current girlfriend and the mother of one of his seven children, Nicole Alvarez, 29, at first denied knowing that the doctor was pulling down $150,000 a month for treating Jackson. She said she met Jackson in 2008 and that she spent time with the pop star and Murray several more times after their son was born in 2009. Alvarez also testified that by June 2009, Murray was leaving their apartment at 9 p.m. almost every night and returning in the morning and that she signed for packages in April, May and June of 2009 but didn't know they contained the powerful anesthetic propofol. She told prosecutors that she planned to travel with Murray to England for Jackson's planned string of 50 This Is It shows.

» Alvarez said she spoke to Murray as the doctor rode in the ambulance to the hospital with Jackson's body, one of four calls the two exchanged on the afternoon of the singer's death.

» ABC News reported that none of the propofol bottles recovered from Jackson's room had the pop star's fingerprints on them, a detail that may deal a blow to the emerging defense theory that Jackson dosed himself with the surgical anesthetic while Murray was out of the room and caused his own death

»
Pharmacist Tim Lopez told prosecutors he sent Murray 225 vials of propofol in total, as well as 20 vials of lorazepam and 60 of midazolam in April 2009, with some sent to a Santa Monica address that was likely the apartment the doctor shared with Alvarez.

Murray has pleaded not guilty to the charge of involuntary manslaughter. He faces four years in prison and the loss of his medical license.
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1671995/michael-jackson-conrad-murray-trial-girlfriends.jhtml

Dr. Lovin’ Feelgood

By HELEN KUMARI and DAVID K. LI
Last Updated: 3:41 AM, October 5, 2011
Posted: 3:41 AM, October 5, 2011

<!-- AddThis Button END --><!-- context: top --><!-- pass -->Michael Jackson’s Doctor Feelgood was busy juggling three different babes the day his world-famous patient dropped dead, witnesses said yesterday.
Prosecutors painted Murray as a lothario more interested in playing doctor with the women -- calling and texting them in the hours before and after Jackson’s death -- than giving sound medical care to the singer.
Murray is accused of involuntary manslaughter for giving Jackson an overdose of the sedative propofol.
Actress Nicole Alvarez, Murray’s baby mama and current love, dramatically recalled the phone call she got from Murray at 1:08 p.m. on that fateful day.
<!-- context: middle -->“I remember him telling me that he was on the way to the hospital in the ambulance with Mr. Jackson and for me not to be alarmed,” said Alvarez.
But Alvarez wasn’t the only woman on the loving doctor’s mind on June 25.
Houston waitress Sade Anding, who said Murray called her his “girlfriend,” and Vegas stripper Michelle Bella also testified they were in contact with Murray.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/dr_lovin_feelgood_vhLqSvT8FxmQyTiXacoFKK#ixzz1ZtRGcr6P

Investigators next in trial of Michael Jackson's doctor

By Alan Duke, CNN
October 5, 2011 -- Updated 0600 GMT (1400 HKT)

Los Angeles (CNN) -- A day after prosecutors paraded three of Dr. Conrad Murray's girlfriends in front of jurors, police and coroner investigators are likely to take the witness stand Wednesday in the involuntary manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson's doctor.
While prosecutors have not revealed their witness list in advance, if they follow the pattern used in Murray's preliminary hearing last January, the jury should soon hear the audio recording of his interview with police two days after Jackson's death.
Investigators from the Los Angeles County coroner's office should also testify Wednesday or Thursday about what they found in Jackson's bedroom and his body after his death.
Prosecutors argue that Murray, who was Jackson's personal physician as he prepared for planned comeback concerts, is criminally responsible for the singer's death because of medical negligence and his reckless use of the surgical anesthetic propofol to help Jackson sleep.
var currExpandable="expand15";if(typeof CNN.expandableMap==='object'){CNN.expandableMap.push(currExpandable);}var mObj={};mObj.type='video';mObj.contentId='';mObj.source='crime/2011/10/05/drew-murray-ladies-man.hln';mObj.lgImage="http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/111005043947-drew-murray-ladies-man-00022729-story-body.jpg";mObj.lgImageX=300;mObj.lgImageY=169;mObj.origImageX="214";mObj.origImageY="120";mObj.contentType='video';CNN.expElements.expand15Store=mObj;
var currExpandable="expand45";if(typeof CNN.expandableMap==='object'){CNN.expandableMap.push(currExpandable);}var mObj={};mObj.type='video';mObj.contentId='';mObj.source='crime/2011/10/04/conrad-murray-pharmacist-lopez-propofol.cnn';mObj.lgImage="http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/111004074914-conrad-murray-pharmacist-lopez-propofol-00002518-story-body.jpg";mObj.lgImageX=300;mObj.lgImageY=169;mObj.origImageX="214";mObj.origImageY="120";mObj.contentType='video';CNN.expElements.expand45Store=mObj;
The coroner ruled that Jackson's death on June 25, 2009, was the result of "acute propofol intoxication" in combination with sedatives.
Murray's defense lawyers contend Jackson caused his own death by swallowing eight lorazepam pills and orally ingesting propofol while Murray was out of the room.
While the investigators' testimony is the bedrock of the prosecution's case, it could not match Tuesday's testimony by the trio of Murray's girlfriends for drama.
Cocktail waitress Sade Anding, who dated Murray after they met at a Houston steakhouse where she worked, described a phone call from Murray that prosecutors suggest is evidence of when the doctor realized there was a problem with Michael Jackson.
Five or six minutes into the call, which began at 11:51 a.m. the day Jackson died, Anding realized Murray was not listening to her.
"I said 'Hello, hello, are you there?" Anding testified.
She said when she pressed her cell phone against her ear, "I heard the mumbling of voices ... and I heard coughing, and nobody answered." Anding hung up the phone about three minutes later, she said.
The interruption, which prosecutors said was likely when Murray noticed his patient was not breathing, would have come at about 11:57 a.m., about 10 minutes before the time chef Kai Chase said Murray ran down the stairs to ask her to call for help.
After Anding's testimony, the prosecution called Michelle Bella, who said she met Murray at a Las Vegas "social club" where she was working in February 2008.
Murray sent Bella a cell phone text message at 8:35 a.m. the day Jackson died, but the judge did not allow the prosecution to read it.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor also would not let the jury hear a voice message Murray left on Bella's cell phone nine days earlier.
But Bella did answer 'yes' when asked if Murray had told her he hoped to "meet up with you" later at a club in Las Vegas before he left for London with Jackson. The judge ordered that testimony stricken from the court record, but jurors clearly heard it.
Pastor limited how deep prosecutors could dig into Murray's social relationships with the women.
The prosecution contends that one reason Murray is criminally responsible for Jackson's death is because phone calls and text messages to these women, other patients and employees at his clinics caused him to ignore his patient while administering dangerous drugs.
The third girlfriend to testify Tuesday was Nicole Alvarez, 29, who has a two-year-old son fathered by Murray. Her animated testimony suggested she was starstruck by Michael Jackson, who she met several times with Murray.
"I was speechless when I met him," Alvarez testified. "I couldn't believe I was meeting Michael Jackson."
Her testimony was important because it was her apartment where a Las Vegas pharmacy shipped 255 bottles of propofol -- totaling more than four gallons -- and 80 bottles of liquid sedatives that prosecutors say Murray ordered for Jackson.
The prosecution also asked her about a phone call Murray placed to her from the ambulance while on the way to the hospital with Jackson.
"I remember him telling me, that he was on the way to the hospital in the ambulance with Mr. Jackson and for me not to be alarmed," Alvarez said. "He didn't want me to be worried, because he knew I would learn this through the news."
On Monday, the emergency room doctor who declared Jackson dead testified that there was no way doctors could have revived the pop icon after he arrived at the hospital.
If convicted of involuntary manslaughter, Murray could spend four years in a California prison and lose his medical license.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/10/05/justice/california-conrad-murray-trial/index.html?eref=rss_crime

Weds 5th October 11..... Day 7

CEThomson Charles Thomson
Sally Hirschberg on the stand. Account representative at Sea Coast Medical (pharmaceutical distributor) for ten years. Situated in Nebraska

InSession In Session
The prosecution is now questioning Stephen Marx, DEA Computer Forensics Examiner. #MurrayTrial

InSession In Session
Alan Duke: Jermaine Jackson wiped tears from his eyes while listening to his brother's audio recording played in court today

mccartneyAP Anthony McCartney
Next witness at 1:30 will be coroner's investigator Elissa Fleak.

Chernoff, Flanagan and Murray now *all* scribbling on pads, even when nothing's happening.

Before lunch Walgren told Judge that he needed time to prepare lots of exhibits for Fleak. No joke _ more than 30 exhibits so far.

Black bag recovered on 29th. Inside was a box, inside which was a Star Line Blood Pressure Cuff.

Two bottles of lidocaine found in bag with blood pressure cuff.

Blue Costco bag found on 29th with pulse oximeter, vials, cut open saline bag, 100ml bottle of propofol in saline bag.

Empty 20ml bottle of propofol was also found in the Costco bag with empty 10ml vial of lorazepam & 2 10ml bottles of midazolam.

The collection of bottles, vials and other meds laid out in front of jurors has grown. Two rows, filling the width of DA's table

Walgren is being smart, putting all these meds on the table together in front of the jury. The amount is unbelievable.

Getting the afternoon adjournment. Fleak will resume testifying at 8:45 am tomorrow.

Last edited:

Medical rep testifies on supplies Murray ordered

Author: By Alan Duke CNN
Posted On Oct 05 2011 01:03:27 PM EDT LOS ANGELES (CNN) -
A medical supply sales representative testified Wednesday in the involuntary manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson's personal physician that Dr. Conrad Murray "raised a red flag" by asking she ship an infusion IV set to a California residence, not his clinic.

Seacoast Medical rep Sally Hirschberg testified she refused the request and instead sent the supplies, which were apparently recovered from Jackson's bedroom by investigators, to one of Murray's clinics.

A day after prosecutors paraded three of Murray's girlfriends in front of jurors, police and coroner investigators also are likely to take the witness stand Wednesday, the seventh day of Murray's trial.

While prosecutors have not revealed their witness list in advance, if they follow the pattern used in Murray's preliminary hearing last January, the jury should soon hear the audio recording of Michael Jackson talking with slowed and slurred speech.

A short clip was played by Deputy District Attorney David Walgren during his opening statement, but the full recording is likely to be heard when an investigator who found it on Murray's iPhone testifies Wednesday.
Jurors should also soon hear the full recording of Murray's interview with police two days after Jackson's death.
Investigators from the Los Angeles County coroner's office should also testify Wednesday or Thursday about what they found in Jackson's bedroom and his body after his death.
Prosecutors argue that Murray, who was Jackson's personal doctor as he prepared for planned comeback concerts, is criminally responsible for the singer's death because of medical negligence and his reckless use of the surgical anesthetic propofol to help Jackson sleep.
The coroner ruled that Jackson's death on June 25, 2009, was the result of "acute propofol intoxication" in combination with sedatives.
Murray's defense lawyers contend Jackson caused his own death by swallowing eight lorazepam pills and orally ingesting propofol while Murray was out of the room.

While the investigators' testimony is the bedrock of the prosecution's case, it could not match Tuesday's testimony by the trio of Murray's girlfriends for drama.

Cocktail waitress Sade Anding, who dated Murray after they met at a Houston steakhouse where she worked, described a phone call from Murray that prosecutors suggest is evidence of when the doctor realized there was a problem with Michael Jackson.
Five or six minutes into the call, which began at 11:51 a.m. the day Jackson died, Anding realized Murray was not listening to her.
"I said 'Hello, hello, are you there?" Anding testified.
She said when she pressed her cell phone against her ear, "I heard the mumbling of voices ... and I heard coughing, and nobody answered." Anding hung up the phone about three minutes later, she said.
The interruption, which prosecutors said was likely when Murray noticed his patient was not breathing, would have come around 11:57 a.m., about 10 minutes before the time chef Kai Chase said Murray ran down the stairs to ask her to call for help.

After Anding's testimony, the prosecution called Michelle Bella, who said she met Murray at a Las Vegas "social club" where she was working in February 2008.
Murray sent Bella a cell phone text message at 8:35 a.m. the day Jackson died, but the judge did not allow the prosecution to read it.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor also would not let the jury hear a voice message Murray left on Bella's cell phone nine days earlier.
But Bella did answer 'yes' when asked if Murray had told her he hoped to "meet up with you" later at a club in Las Vegas before he left for London with Jackson. The judge ordered that testimony stricken from the court record, but jurors clearly heard it.

Pastor limited how deep prosecutors could dig into Murray's social relationships with the women.

The prosecution contends that one reason Murray is criminally responsible for Jackson's death is because phone calls and text messages to these women, other patients and employees at his clinics caused him to ignore his patient while administering dangerous drugs.
The third girlfriend to testify Tuesday was Nicole Alvarez, 29, who has a 2-year-old son fathered by Murray. Her animated testimony suggested she was starstruck by Michael Jackson, whom she met several times with Murray.
"I was speechless when I met him," Alvarez testified. "I couldn't believe I was meeting Michael Jackson."
Her testimony was important because it was her apartment where a Las Vegas pharmacy shipped 255 bottles of propofol -- totaling more than four gallons -- and 80 bottles of liquid sedatives that prosecutors say Murray ordered for Jackson.
The prosecution also asked her about a phone call Murray placed to her from the ambulance while on the way to the hospital with Jackson.
"I remember him telling me that he was on the way to the hospital in the ambulance with Mr. Jackson and for me not to be alarmed," Alvarez said. "He didn't want me to be worried, because he knew I would learn this through the news."

http://www.wfmz.com/Medical-rep-tes...21798/2407898/-/item/1/-/fw0rmkz/-/index.html

MJ's doctor's credit card declined
Posted: 02:20 PM ET
The first witness the prosecution called Wednesday morning was a medical sales representative who testified Dr. Conrad Murray's credit card was declined.

Sally Hirschberg works for Seacoast Medical Supply company and told the court her company did not fulfill an order from Dr. Murray for an infusion I.V. set because of the card being rejected.
Hirschberg said, "The account, I believe, had a credit card declined and so the paper work was pulled from the warehouse prior to being ordered or shipped."
Prosecutor Davide Walgren followed up with, "So it was not shipped?"
Hirschberg replied, "No."

Prosecutor David Walgren entered into evidence invoices from Seacoast that established Dr. Murray's history with the company dating back to 2006.

One of the records showed Dr. Murray attempted to have I.V. equipment sent to his girlfriend Nicole Alvarez's Santa Monica, California apartment. Hirschberg said that the private residence raised red flags at her company and they refused to send the equipment to that address.

Complete courtroom coverage of the Conrad Murray trial airs live on HLN from gavel to gavel and is on In Session from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET every week day.
http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/05/mjs-doctors-credit-card-declined/

Last edited:
Investigator testifying about Jackson doc's phone

By ANTHONY McCARTNEY
AP Entertainment Writer
LOS ANGELES -- Prosecutors have called a computer forensic analyst to describe his investigation of the cell phone of the doctor charged in Michael Jackson's death.

Stephen Marx previously testified that he found emails that defendant Dr. Conrad Murray sent hours before Jackson died on June 25, 2009.
Marx is also expected to testify about the recording of a conversation between Jackson and Murray that was extracted from the physician's iPhone.

Prosecutors played the recording during opening statements and a voice is heard speaking extremely slowly and slurring his words.
The audio was one of the previously undisclosed pieces of evidence against Murray, who has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's death.

The involuntary manslaughter trial of the doctor charged in Michael Jackson's death is moving into its "CSI" phase, with jurors set to hear next from investigators and detectives.
The panel also will hear from Dr. Conrad Murray, himself, though it will be through a more than two-hour interview that police conducted with the Houston-based cardiologist two days after Jackson's June 2009 death.

The exact order of the witnesses is unclear, but court transcripts of discussions between the judge and lawyers from both sides Tuesday show that prosecutors are entering the next stage of the trial - furthering their case against Murray through the recollections of people who investigated him.

Murray has pleaded not guilty in the case. He faces up to four years behind bars and the loss of his medical license if convicted of involuntary manslaughter. Authorities contend he gave the singer a lethal dose of the anesthetic propofol and other sedatives in Jackson's bedroom. Murray's attorneys say that Jackson gave himself the fatal dose.

The prosecution had been prepared Tuesday afternoon to call a police detective who would introduce the interview with Murray, which is expected to be played in its entirety for jurors. Defense attorneys said they needed more time to prepare for the witness, prompting the judge to send the trial into recess early and instruct prosecutors to call other witnesses to give Murray's lawyers opportunity to get ready.

Lead defense attorney Ed Chernoff hinted at a sidebar conference that the next witness may now be Stephen Marx, a forensic computer examiner for the Drug Enforcement Adminstration who analyzed Murray's iPhone. At a preliminary hearing earlier this year, Marx talked about emails he was able to retrieve from the phone, but in upcoming testimony he is likely to talk about a much more dramatic find.

Deputy District Attorney David Walgren said in opening statements that investigators were able to extract a recording of Jackson talking to Murray from the physician's iPhone. The audio of Jackson speaking slowly and slurring his speech was one of the previously unknown pieces of evidence prosecutors are using against the doctor.

Statements and items shown to jurors during opening remarks are not evidence until someone testifies about them.

Other investigators from the coroner's office will be called during the remainder of the trial to talk about Jackson's autopsy and toxicology findings that led to the determination that the singer died from acute propofol intoxication and the effects of the sedatives.

Prosecutors plan to call their main expert on propofol Tuesday, according to the transcripts.

The investigators come seven days into the government's case against Murray, which has featured dramatic testimony about the frantic efforts to revive Jackson. In the past two days, jurors have heard in rapid-fire succession from witnesses who called or texted Murray in the hours before Jackson's death.

The witnesses included several of the doctor's mistresses and his current girlfriend, Nicole Alvarez, who received shipments of propofol at her apartment on Murray's behalf but said she never knew what he was being sent.

Another woman, Sade Anding, told jurors that Murray called her at 11:51 a.m. on the day Jackson died, but stopped paying attention to her during the call. Murray's phone sounded like it had been shoved in a pocket.
"I pressed the phone to my ear and I heard mumbling and voices. Like the phone was in his pocket. I heard coughing," she said.

AP Special Correspondent Linda Deutsch contributed to this report.
http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/10/05/2439905/investigator-testifying-about.html

Jackson Death Trial Showcases iPhone Forensic Capabilities
By Computer Forensics International
Last modified: 2011-10-06T01:49:28Z
Published: Wednesday, Oct. 5, 2011 - 6:49 pm

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 5, 2011 -- /PRNewswire/ -- "iPhone users would be stunned to learn the amount of recoverable data we can get", says Mark McLaughlin of Los Angeles based Computer Forensics International. "When you hit delete it doesn't necessarily mean that message, text or picture is gone forever. You're just telling the iPhone, don't show it to me anymore and it flags that deleted data so it can be overwritten. So depending on the activity after the deletion, we may be able to bring it back like it was never deleted."

DEA Computer Forensics Examiner Stephen Marx testified today in the Michael Jackson Death Trial that he found emails the defendant Dr. Conrad Murray had sent hours before Michael Jackson died on June 25, 2009. Not only did Marx recover critical timeline emails, he also discovered digital medical charts thought to be non-existent. But the key piece of evidence was a damaging audio recording of an impaired Michael Jackson reportedly made by Murray.

Computer forensic examiners like McLaughlin, routinely use very sophisticated software tools, such as EnCase, on civil and criminal cases. They start by first making a copy of the iPhone's entire memory &#8211; which includes active and deleted data. This exact copy doesn't disturb the original data which makes the examination forensically sound and admissible in court. Then the copy can be searched either visually or by using keywords. The recovered data is ultimately put into known iPhone categories and displayed.

McLaughlin says, "Our SmartPhone forensic capabilities have improved exponentially. But it stands to reason because they're just pocket computers, and we've been searching them successfully for nearly 20 years now. So I guess people need to realize that if it's there, we're usually going to find it".

SOURCE Computer Forensics International
http://www.sacbee.com/2011/10/05/3963662/jackson-death-trial-showcases.html

Conrad Murray's emails reveal fake names for Michael Jackson
October 5, 2011 | 11:24 am

Michael Jackson&#8217;s personal physician was using his iPhone to read and send emails in the hours before the pop star died, a computer expert testified Wednesday.

Forensic examiner Stephen Marx said screenshots automatically archived by the device showed Dr. Conrad Murray was perusing emails the morning of June 25, 2009, including three letters referencing Omar Arnold &#8211;- a pseudonym Jackson sometimes used.

The emails sent to Murray by a staffer at his Las Vegas practice were briefly displayed for jurors and included copies of handwritten treatment records for &#8220;Arnold&#8221; dating back to 2006.

One entry for November 2008 indicated the patient was being treated for &#8220;insomnia/anxiety&#8221; and listed Murray as his primary physician.

Another document Murray reviewed was entitled &#8220;Omar Arnold Medication Log.&#8221; It listed Benoquin, vitamins, Xanax and Valium, but made no mention of propofol, the anesthetic Murray was using as a sleep aid for Jackson.

A lawyer for the promoter managing Jackson&#8217;s comeback has previously testified that Murray was supposed to be collecting the singer&#8217;s medical records for the company insuring his comeback attempt.

The emails displayed in court indicate Murray&#8217;s staff was confused about his use of pseudonyms. In one record, the name &#8220;Mike Smythe&#8221; was crossed out and replaced with &#8220;Omar Arnold.&#8221; In another email, a medical assistant, Consuelo Ng, asked her boss, &#8220;Is Paul Farance him too?&#8221;

Jackson had used &#8220;Paul Farance&#8221; to get medical treatment, according to a search warrant filed in the investigation into Jackson&#8217;s death.

Murray faces a maximum of four years in prison if convicted of involuntary manslaughter.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...ls-reveal-fake-names-for-michael-jackson.html

'I am asleep,' Jackson says in slurring audio

Singer is heard telling doctor he wants to build a children's hospital in rambling recording
LOS ANGELES &#8212; Michael Jackson is heard discussing his plans to build a hospital for children in a rambling, slurring conversation with the doctor charged in his death.

The recording ends with the singer saying, "I am asleep" after the doctor asks him if he is OK.

A forensic computer expert told jurors hearing the involuntary manslaughter case against Dr. Conrad Murray that the audio was recorded May 10, 2009, roughly six weeks before Jackson's death.

The audio played Wednesday in a Los Angeles courtroom is significantly longer than the snippet that prosecutors played during opening statements last week.
Jackson is heard telling Murray that he wants to build a children's hospital after his planned series of comeback concerts. The singer tells the doctor that he is attempting to accomplish something that Elvis Presley and The Beatles did not.

Murray has pleaded not guilty in the case. He faces up to four years behind bars and the loss of his medical license if convicted. Authorities contend he gave the singer a lethal dose of the anesthetic propofol and other sedatives in Jackson's bedroom. Murray's attorneys say that Jackson gave himself the fatal dose.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44785478/ns/today-entertainment/

The recording is currently available on this page:
http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/category/conrad-murray/

The full transcript screen capture can be found here:
http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/05/michael-jackson-on-audio-tape-i-hurt-you-know-i-hurt/

Conrad Murray Trial: Michael Jackson Audio Mumbles About 'Lost Childhood'
By JIM AVILA (@JimAvilaABC) , KAITLYN FOLMER (@ABCKaitlyn) and JESSICA HOPPER (@jesshop23)
LOS ANGELES Oct. 5, 2011
Jurors in the Conrad Murray manslaughter trial listened to a drugged Michael Jackson saying he hurts and that he had no childhood.

The audio was the second portion of a recording made on Murray's iPhone that was first played for jurors during opening statements. Murray, Jackson's personal doctor, is on trial for involuntary manslaughter in the singer's overdose death. Murray faces up to four years in prison if convicted.
On the tape, Jackson describes starting a children's hospital with the proceeds from the grueling comeback "This Is It" tour that he was preparing to embark on.

"My performances will be up there helping my children and always be my dream. I loved them. I love them because I didn't have a childhood. I had no childhood. I feel their pain. I feel their hurt. I can deal with it.
"'Heal the World,' 'We Are The World,' 'Will You Be There,' 'The Lost Children'... These are the songs I've written because I hurt, you know, I hurt," he mumbled.

Jackson's slurred speech is virtually unrecognizable. Computer forensic examiner Stephen Marx testified that the recording was made on Murray's iPhone on May 10, 2009. Jackson's siblings, Randy, Jermaine and Rebbie, listened as the recording of their brother played.
Jermaine Jackson listened with a pained face and Randy Jackson put his hand over his mouth when their brother is heard saying, "I hurt."

Jackson said that the world's children are depressed and that's why he wants to build a hospital complete with game rooms and a movie theater.
"Don't have enough hope, no more hope. That's the next generation that's going to save our planet, starting with-we'll talk about it. United states, Europe, Prague, my babies. They walk around with no mother. They drop them off, they leave... They reach out to me. Please take me with you," he said.

Last week, prosecutors played a portion of the recording, made just weeks before Jackson died of a drug overdose. In that portion, Jackson talked slowly about the impact he hopes his "This Is It" Tour will have on his reputation.
"We have to be phenomenal ... when people leave this show, when people leave my show, I want them to say I've never seen nothing like this in my life. Go. Go. I've never seen nothing like this. Go. It's amazing. He's the greatest entertainer in the world," Jackson says.
"I'm taking that money, a million children, children's hospital, the biggest in the world. Michael Jackson's Children's Hospital," Jackson says in the recording.
The second portion of the recording was played by prosecutors today because the whole recording must be played to be submitted as evidence.

Prior to the shocking recording, this morning's testimony centered on medical supplies ordered by Murray's staff in the months before Jackson died of a drug overdose and the contents of Murray's iphone.

Several emails had been sent from Murray's employee Connie Ng and they contained medical records and information about a patient named "Omar Arnold." Prosecutors seemed to be implying that "Omar Arnold" was an alias for Jackson in Murray's records.
The email attachments included an echo cardiogram, Murray's handwritten notes saying that "Omar Arnold" was suffering from insomnia and anxiety and medications taken by the patient that included benoquin, a bleaching cream.

On Tuesday, the owner of a specialty pharmacy testified that Murray ordered several tubes of the bleaching cream along with the powerful anesthetic propofol and other sedatives in the months before the singer died. Jackson died from an overdose of propofol.
Prosecutors claim that Murray recklessly administered the drug and didn't properly monitor Jackson while he was under the influence of propofol. Murray's defense team argues that Jackson himself took a powerful combination of propofol and the sedative lorazepam without Murray's knowledge on the day he died.

Murray sent an email on the morning Jackson died at 11:17 a.m., a little more than an hour before 911 was called to report a lifeless Jackson.
The email centered on a request for Jackson's medical records in an effort to get an insurance policy for the concert. Potential insurers wanted Jackson's medical records to see if there was any truth to media reports that Jackson used a wheelchair, suffered a back injury, had lupus or cancer or emphysema or was anorexic.
Murray called those reports "fallacious."

"I spoke with Mr. Jackson and requested his authorization for release of his medical records in order to assist you to procure a cancellation insurance policy for his show, however, authorization was denied. I therefore suggest that someone from AEG should consult kindly with Mr. Jackson as to its relevance for he is of the opinion that such a policy is already secured," Murray writes in the email.

During the final days of Jackson's life, Murray was in the midst of contract negotiations. He signed a contract for $150,000 a month to be Jackson's personal physician, however neither Jackson or any one from the company promoting the concert signed the contract.
A previous witness who drafted the contract said that she had asked for more information about Jackson's health including any records that Murray had.
Murray insisted that Jackson was a healthy man and that any records he had would be thin because Jackson's health was so good.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Conrad_Mur...audio-lost-childhood/story?id=14674700&page=2

'My babies walk around with no mother': Court hears eerie ramblings of Michael Jackson 'under the influence of drugs' recorded weeks before his deathConrad Murray made recording on his iPhone using an iTalk function

Last updated at 8:39 PM on 5th October 2011
By David Gardner

Michael Jackson's private suffering was revealed to jurors in the Conrad Murray trial today as he was heard in a slurred voice explaining how he felt the pain of abandoned children because he never had a childhood himself.

In an eerie recording from beyond the grave, the King of Pop told how important it was to him that his planned comeback concerts at London's O2 Arena were a triumph.
'Elvis didn't do it. Beatles didn't do it. We have to be phenomenal. When people leave the show, when people leave my show, I want them to say, "I've never seen nothing like this in my life",' he said.
He said he wanted his fans to hail him as 'the greatest entertainer in the world.'
The recording was made by Jackson's personal doctor, Conrad Murray, on his iPhone using an iTalk application and prosecutors claim it was taped while the star was under the influence of the hospital anaesthetic Propofol.

'My performances will be up there helping my children. I love them I love them because I didn't have a childhood. I had no childhood. I feel their pain. I feel their hurt. I can deal with it,' Jackson said in a slow, faltering tone much different to the star's famously high voice.
'Heal the World, We Are the World, Will You Be There, The Lost Children. These are the songs I have written because I hurt, you know, I hurt,' he added.

The recording was played during the testimony of Drug Enforcement Agency forensic computer expert Stephen Marx, who analysed data on Murray's iPhone. It was recorded on May 10, 2009 - just six weeks before Jackson's death.
Jackson told how he planned to take the millions he would make with his 'This Is It' tour to build the 'biggest children's hospital in the world' with a game room and a move theatre.

Prosecutors claim Murray taped Jackson after sedating him with Propofol, but defense lawyers claim it would have put him to sleep immediately and he'd been given a milder sedative

'Children are depressed in those hospitals because there is no game room, no movie theatre. They're sick because they're depressed.
'Their mind is depressing them. I care about them, them angels. God wants me to do it. I'm going to do it, Conrad,' he adds.
The lights were dimmed in the courtroom while the recording - a snippet of which was heard during the prosecution's opening statement - was played in full.
'Don't have enough hope, no more hope,' he said. 'That's the real generation that's going to save our planet, starting with, we'll talk about it - United States, Europe, Prague.
'My babies. They walk around with no mother. They drop them off, they leave - a psychological degradation of that. They reach out to me - please take me with you.
'I want to do it for them. That will be remembered more than my performances. My performances will be up there helping my children and always be my dream.'
Asked by Murray if he was okay, Jackson says: 'I am asleep.'

Murray, 58, has pleaded not guilty to causing Jackson's death on June 25, 2009, by administering him with a fatal dose of powerful Propofol, which is only supposed to be used in a hospital setting.
If he is convicted of involuntary manslaughter, Murray could be jailed for up to four years.
Prosecutors claim Murray taped Jackson's voice after sedating him with Propofol to help him sleep, but defense lawyers claim the drug would have put the star to sleep immediately and say the doctor had given him a milder sedative.
The case continues.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...luence-drugs-recorded-doctor-weeks-death.html

Slurring Jackson aimed to build hospital for kids
LINDA DEUTSCH, AP Special Correspondent
Updated 04:42 p.m., Wednesday, October 5, 2011
LOS ANGELES (AP) &#8212; Six weeks before Michael Jackson died, his doctor recorded the semi-comatose superstar mumbling what might have been his farewell address to the world.

In a slow, slurred voice, clearly under the influence of sedatives, Jackson spoke about leaving a performance legacy bigger than Elvis or The Beatles, and building a fabulous hospital for children with proceeds from his highly anticipated "This Is It" comeback concerts.

"Elvis didn't do it. Beatles didn't do it. We have to be phenomenal." Jackson is heard saying on the tape.
Jackson, known for donating huge amounts to children's charities, said his vision was driven by his love of children. In his ramblings, he envisioned the hospital would be big enough to house a million children, with a movie theater and game room.
"That will be remembered more than my performances," he says. "My performance will be up there helping my children and always be my dream. I love them. I love them because I didn't have a childhood ... I feel their pain. I feel their hurt. I can deal with it."
The full tape of the May 10, 2009, ramblings by Jackson was played for the first time Wednesday during the involuntary manslaughter trial of Dr. Conrad Murray. A portion of the recording was played last week during the prosecution's opening statement.
The more than four-minute audio recording was found on Murray's cell phone by forensic digital expert Stephen Marx. There was no indication why Murray made the recording.
With Murray murmuring agreement, Jackson referred to the children of the world as "angels" and said, "God wants me to do it. I'm gonna do it, Conrad."
Murray replied, "I know you would."
And, as he had done long ago with his Neverland ranch, he spoke of a place to raise children's spirits. "They're sick because they're depressed," he said.
The tape was played by prosecutors to show that Murray knew for weeks how Jackson was reacting to heavy sedatives the doctor was administering to help his patient sleep.
Toward the end of the recording, there is a period of silence before Murray asks, "You OK?"
Eight seconds pass then Jackson mumbles, "I am asleep."

Marx, an investigator with the Drug Enforcement Administration, testified Wednesday that he retrieved another recording from Murray's phone and other files that showed he was busy e-mailing, texting and handling messages about insurance for Jackson's concerts during the time the singer was believed to be under the influence of the powerful anesthetic propofol.

Authorities contend Murray gave Jackson a lethal dose of the drug and other sedatives in Jackson's bedroom on June 25, 2009. Murray's attorneys say Jackson gave himself the fatal dose.
Prosecutors claim the doctor was too distracted to give his patient adequate care and allowed him to die on his watch.
Murray has pleaded not guilty. He could face up to four years behind bars and the loss of his medical license if convicted of involuntary manslaughter.

One voicemail message left for Murray came from Jackson's late manager, Frank Dileo.
"Dr. Murray, it's Frank Dileo," he was heard saying on the June 20, 2009, voicemail. "I'm Michael's manager. I'm the short guy with no hair.
"He had an episode last night. He's sick," Dileo says. "I think you need to get a blood test on him. We 've got to see what he's doing."

In the days ahead, the jury will hear from Murray himself, though it will be through a more than two-hour interview that police conducted with the doctor two days after Jackson's death.
The government's case against Murray so far has featured dramatic testimony about frantic efforts to revive Jackson.

Witnesses in the past two days included several of the doctor's mistresses and his current girlfriend, Nicole Alvarez, who prosecutors say received shipments of propofol at her apartment on Murray's behalf. She said she never knew what was being sent.

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Slurring-Jackson-aimed-to-build-hospital-for-kids-2203196.php

Last edited:

Jackson bros: leave kids out

10:21am UK, Wednesday October 05, 2011

Michael Jackson's brothers have told Sky News they do not want his children to give evidence at the trial of their father's doctor.
Marlon, Tito and Jackie Jackson are against Prince, Paris and Blanket taking any part in a court case in which Dr Conrad Murray is accused of involuntary manslaughter.

Tito told Sky News: "I hope not - no. My mother, and us as well, don't want them to have any participation as a witness or whatever - no."

The brothers are in London rehearsing for the Michael Forever tribute concert in Cardiff on Saturday.
They will be joined by their mother, Katherine Jackson, sister La Toya Jackson and Michael's three children.

Jackie said the last week had been very difficult for all of the family and that their mother was particularly upset upon seeing the photograph of her son's dead body in court.
"It's hard for our mother to see it - that's why it's good for her to be out here, to see something positive. Last week she was at court, and it was so hard for her."

Michael Jackson was preparing for his concerts at the O2 arena in London when he died and his family were all expecting to attend, so news of his death came as a complete shock to all of them.

Marlon told Sky News there were no warning signs: "It was heartfelt and devastating and all the above - and we had to take a step back and say is this real and it was.
"I'd rather not talk about that, it's too emotional with the trial and everything it's as if it was yesterday now and it's painful."

The Jackson family have been divided over the concert with Jermaine, Janet and Randy not attending.

However Tito, Marlon and Jackie have defended their decision to go ahead saying they want to celebrate their brother's life.
They will be performing as a trio, as well as JLS and other acts at the Michael Forever: The Tribute Concert.

http://news.sky.com/home/article/16082944

Rain can't keep die-hard Michael Jackson fans from courthouse

October 5, 2011 | 11:55 am
Cold, damp weather Wednesday could not keep some Michael Jackson fans away from the seventh day of the trial of his personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray.
Inside the Los Angeles County courthouse, about 30 fans kept dry and huddled together to watch the trial of Murray from their smart phone devices.
They rotated shifts, allowing most to stay warm indoors while a few weathered the storm outside.

Laura Sherwood, 25, stood in the pouring rain alongside two other fans holding a &#8220;Justice for Michael Jackson&#8221; sign in one hand and an umbrella in the other.
&#8220;We want the world to know the truth that he was murdered,&#8221; Sherwood said in between singing along to one of Jackson&#8217;s early hits, &#8220;I"ll Be There.&#8221;
An iPod device tucked inside the shirt pocket of another fan played Michael Jackson tunes.
Sherwood, a Phoenix native, quit her job as a waitress and moved to Los Angeles a week before the trial started so she could attend each day of the proceedings. She rents a room in Los Feliz.
When she is not at the trial or visiting Forest Lawn Memorial-Park, where the famous singer is buried, Sherwood spends her remaining time attending Michael Jackson-themed bowling, skating and movie nights with other fans.
She said that after Jackson&#8217;s death, she connected with people all over the world who share her love for Jackson.
"We thought we were alone, but through Facebook, Twitter and other social media, we connected and formed this big, happy family,&#8221; she said.
As for plans to move back home, Sherwood said she will stay in Los Angeles &#8220;until Conrad Murray is in jail."

Murray is charged with involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's 2009 death.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...ichael-jackson-fans-away-from-courthouse.html

Dr. Hallberg: Michael Jackson's doctor and the scope of practice
by Dr. Jon Hallberg, Minnesota Public Radio
October 5, 2011

Dr. Jon Hallberg is assistant professor in family medicine at the University of Minnesota, and medical director at Mill City Clinic. He is a regular medical analyst on MPR's All Things Considered.

St. Paul, Minn. &#8212; Jurors at the trial of Michael Jackson's doctor Conrad Murray heard today from investigators and detectives who looked into the singer's death.

Prosecutors will also play recordings of Jackson and his doctor. Murray has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter.

There's an aspect to the very public trial of Dr. Murray that has MPR medical analyst Dr. Jon Hallberg thinking about the role of specialists and the scope of what doctors are licensed to practice.

Hallberg discussed these issues today with MPR's Tom Crann.

Hallberg is a physician in family medicine at the University of Minnesota and director of the Mill City Clinic.

Tom Crann: A lot of sensational aspects to this trial, Jon, but tell us what aspect of it has struck you.

Dr. Jon Hallberg: Well, there are really two aspects, and it's not just me. I think it's all of my colleagues that I've talked to about this case. On the one hand, none of us have any idea how a cardiologist would get a hold of a powerful anesthetic like propofol. I mean the only place this is used is in operating suites. And so on the one hand, that just is utterly baffling how that could happen.

On the other hand, the thing that I think is more a philosophical piece and that gets us really thinking is this is a guy who was a board-certified cardiologist basically practicing anesthesia. And that is such an odd thing to our ears. We just can't really wrap our heads around that.

Crann: You mentioned he's a cardiologist. When you're granted a license to practice medicine, are you actually licensed in a certain specialty?

Hallberg: We get our licenses after just one year of internship. So we graduate from medical school. We have an M.D. degree or a D.O. degree behind our names. And then you do an internship, and at that point you take this national qualifying exam that basically says you are able to practice medicine and surgery, but that doesn't really grant you much more than that.

You have to go through specialization, and even me as a family physician, I went through a three-year residency in that specialty. So you have to do that and then you've got to go through credentialing at hospitals and then you even have to prove that you've done a certain number of cases if you want to do certain procedures.

Crann: How often do you find doctors who in the course of their work move into other specialties occasionally or even more permanently?

Hallberg: Well, if it happens, it happens in a very formal, very thought out way I've known family physicians who became psychiatrists, but it wasn't an overnight thing. They had to go back to residency. They've got to do years of additional training to get certified in that, so it doesn't happen that often. We all know people who have done it, but it's a tedious, cumbersome long-term process. It's not something you suddenly do.

Crann: You've mentioned you have a license to practice medicine, then certified in a specialty. How does that work?

Hallberg: Once you finish your residency, you take yet another set of board exams, and in fact many of us take those exams every seven years or so to keep proving that sort of certification. You have to really, really show both your specialty board, but also your hospitals, I mean you just can't do this kind of thing in a hospital setting without proving that you've trained to do it.

Crann: In a case here like Dr. Murray, this seems extraordinary to most people to have a personal doctor not affiliated with a hospital to do one's bidding, even administer anesthesia, unusual if not unethical, it would seem.

Hallberg: Yes, I think to our Midwestern ears this is just highly unusual. I think that places on the coast in California and certainly in New York people have more access to concierge physicians who are sort of available to them 24-7.

And this is something that's always bothered me about that whole concept is that people are sort of waiting to be called to do someone's bidding. And it's very tricky when you've got someone of Michael Jackson's stature. How do you say no to that? I mean when money's being held in front of you, I think that there's a very steep slippery slope that anyone of us would be capable of falling into.

Crann: Theoretically, can a doctor lose a license for working in a specialty beyond their training and certification?

Hallberg: Oh, certainly. I mean that's I think one of the reasons the boards exist is to make sure that we practice within our scope of medicine, our scope of practice, that we have certain skills and we should practice within them, and when you push the boundaries and do things you shouldn't be doing, I mean that is exactly when people can have their licenses restricted or revoked.

(Interview edited and transcribed by MPR reporter Madeleine Baran)
http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2011/10/05/hallberg-michael-jackson-doctor/

Michael Jackson Slurred Speech: Singer Rambles On About Building A Children's Hospital

The Associated Press 10/ 5/11 05:41 PM ET

Prosecutors played a recording Wednesday in which a rambling Michael Jackson says in slurred language that he plans to build a hospital for children with proceeds from his comeback concerts. Here is a transcript of the recording made by Dr. Conrad Murray, the defendant in the involuntary manslaughter case.
Jackson: "Elvis didn't do it. Beatles didn't do it. We have to be phenomenal. When people leave this show, when people leave my show, I want them to say, I've never seen nothing like this in my life. Go. Go. I've never seen nothing like this. Go. It's amazing. He's the greatest entertainer in the world. I'm taking that money, a million children, children's hospital, the biggest in the world. Michael Jackson Children's Hospital. Gonna have a movie theater, game room. Children are depressed. The – in those hospitals, no game room, no movie theater. They're sick because they're depressed. Their mind is depressing them. I want to give them that. I care about them, them angels. God wants me to do it. God wants me to do it. I'm gonna do it, Conrad."
Murray: "I know you would."
Jackson: "Don't have enough hope, no more hope. That's the next generation that's gonna save our planet, starting with – we'll talk about it. United States. Europe. Prague, my babies. They walk around with no mother. They drop them off, they leave – a psychological degradation of that. They reach out to me – please take me with you."
Murray: "Mmnh-mmmh."
Jackson: "I want to do that for them."
Murray: "Mmnh-mmnh."
Jackson: "I'm gonna do that for them. That will be remembered more than my performances. My performances will be up there helping my children and always be my dream. I love them. I love them because I didn't have a childhood. I had no childhood. I feel their pain. I feel their hurt. I can deal with it. `Heal the World.' `We Are the World.' `Will You Be There.' `The Lost Children.' These are the songs I've written because I hurt, you know, I hurt."
Thirteen seconds of silence.
Murray: "You OK?"
Eight seconds of silence.
Jackson: "I am asleep."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/05/michael-jackson-slurred-speech_n_996621.html

Michael Jackson: Bedside Lined With Pill Bottles

If it wasn't obvious Michael Jackson had a drug problem before -- this oughta do the trick ...

According to an investigator for the L.A. County Coroner's office, Michael Jackson's bedside table was lined with a pharmacy's worth of prescription pill bottles.

Investigator Elissa Fleak just testified -- she inspected MJ's bedroom the day he died, and found the above collection of pill bottles beside the singer's bed.

Among the pills -- a collection of sedatives Diazepam, Lorazepam, Temazepam ... the list goes on.

Fleak says she also found a blue bag full of Propofol vials -- the same bag MJ's security guard Alberto Alvarez claims he packed on Murray's orders ... before calling 911.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/10/05/michael-jackson-death-manslaughter-tril-conrad-murray-pills/

Slurring Jackson wanted a legacy

In recordings, star voiced his dreams

By Linda Deutsch / The Associated Press
October 6, 2011

Six weeks before Michael Jackson died, his doctor recorded the semi-comatose superstar mumbling what might have been his farewell address to the world.
In a slow, slurred voice, clearly under the influence of sedatives, Jackson spoke about leaving a performance legacy bigger than Elvis or The Beatles, and building a fabulous hospital for children with proceeds from his highly anticipated This Is It comeback concerts.
"Elvis didn't do it. Beatles didn't do it. We have to be phenomenal." Jackson is heard saying on the tape.
Jackson, known for donating huge amounts to children's charities, said his vision was driven by his love of children. In his ramblings, he envisioned the hospital would be big enough to house a million children, with a movie theater and game room.
"That will be remembered more than my performances," he says. "My performances will be up there helping my children and always be my dream. I love them. I love them because I didn't have a childhood. . . . I feel their pain. I feel their hurt. I can deal with it."
The full tape of the May 10, 2009, ramblings by Jackson was played for the first time yesterday during the involuntary manslaughter trial of Dr. Conrad Murray. A portion of the recording was played last week during the prosecution's opening statement.
The more than four-minute audio recording was found on Murray's cell phone by forensic digital expert Stephen Marx. There was no indication why Murray made the recording.
With Murray murmuring agreement, Jackson referred to the children of the world as "angels" and said, "God wants me to do it. I'm gonna do it, Conrad."
As he had done with his Neverland ranch, he spoke of a place to raise children's spirits. "They're sick because they're depressed," he said.
The tape was played by prosecutors to show that Murray knew for weeks how Jackson was reacting to heavy sedatives the doctor was administering.
Toward the end of the recording, there is a period of silence before Murray asks, "You okay?"
Eight seconds pass then Jackson mumbles, "I am asleep."
http://www.concordmonitor.com/article/284267/slurring-jackson-wanted-legacy

Michael Jackson Suffered 'An Episode' Days Before Death

Michael Jackson suffered "an episode" days before he died from a prescription drug overdose, according to new evidence introduced to his doctor's involuntary manslaughter trial on Wednesday (05Oct11).

The King of Pop's personal physician Dr. Conrad Murray is accused of administering the fatal dose of Propofol which cost Jackson his life on 25 June, 2009.

The seventh day of the trial kicked off in Los Angeles on Wednesday (05Oct11) with prosecutors playing a voicemail message left on Murray's cell phone by Jackson's concerned manager Frank DiLeo, who stated, "I'm sure you're aware he (Jackson) had an episode last night."

The message was left on 20 June, 2009 - five days before the King of Pop's death.
Details about the incident are unclear, but DiLeo suggests the superstar was hiding a drug problem, telling Murray, "He's sick. I think you need to get a blood test on him. We gotta see what (drugs) he's doing (taking)."

The message was discovered by forensic expert Stephen Marx, who managed to retrieve the voicemails from Murray's iPhone and contradicted the doctor's claims that Jackson was in good health in the days before his passing.

The circumstances surrounding Jackson's "episode" are likely to remain a mystery - DiLeo, who was expected to testify in the trial, died in August (11) after suffering complications due to heart surgery.

Marx's investigations also unearthed a recorded conversation between Murray and his famous client, in which a slurring Jackson revealed he wanted to dedicate his doomed This Is It comeback concerts to his three children.

The recording of Jackson, who appears to be under the influence, was also played in court on Wednesday. The tragic star slurred, "I love them (his children). I love them because I didn't have a childhood. I had no childhood. I feel their pain. I feel their hurt..."

Jackson also told his physician he was planning to build a children's hospital - and that conversation was also played in court. In the recording, Jackson said, "God wants me to do it. I'm gonna do it, Conrad."

It's not the first time jurors have been shocked by the sound of Jackson's slurred voice during the trial - proceedings began last week (27Sep11) with the recording of an eerie cell phone chat between the singer and Murray.

The pop superstar's weary voice was unrecognisable in the audio recording retrieved from Murray's cell phone.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/michael-jackson-suffered-an-episode-days-before-death_1248456

October 6, 2011
Will we hear Conrad Murray's voice in court today?

Posted: 09:56 AM ET

cnnLoadPLayer('bestoftv/2011/10/06/mxp-conrad-murray-bedroom-drugs.hln', 'cnn-video-12672-1', '416x374_start_embed_onsite', {}, '' );For the first time during this trial we could hear from Dr. Conrad Murray himself today.
It's possible the full two-hour interview police conducted with him two days after Michael Jackson's death will play for the jury. Considering we have heard virtually nothing from Conrad Murray during this trial this evidence should be gripping. Los Angeles Police Det. Orlando Martinez, the man who conducted that interview, will likely take the stand as well.
First up however will be continuing testimony from Elissa Fleak, the L.A. County Coroner's office investigator. During her testimony yesterday, she identified numerous vials and bottles of medications laid out by the prosecutors to demonstrate the myriad of drugs that were found in and around Michael Jackson's bedroom.
If prosecutors continue down the witness list as they have been, we may also hear from Dr. Christopher Rogers, the pathologist who conducted the autopsy on Michael Jackson. Can you imagine the pressure to get that job done right?
Complete courtroom coverage of the Conrad Murray trial airs live on HLN from gavel to gavel and is on In Session from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET every week day.

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/06/will-we-hear-conrad-murrays-voice-in-court-today/

Prosecution Turns Focus to Drugs in Michael Jackson's System

Details about what the defense has called a "perfect storm" of drugs in Michael Jackson's system are expected Thursday in the trial of Dr. Conrad Murray

The drugs coursing through Michael Jackson's system on June 25, 2009 will be the subject of testimony Thursday when prosecutors call on a toxicology expert and coroner's investigator at the trial of the superstar's personal physician.

Conrad Murray Trial: Coroner's Report, Trial Timeline, Who's Who
Jurors have heard about and seen pictures of the drugs throughout the involuntary manslaughter trial's first eight days -- propofol, lidocaine, lorazepam and others. They've also heard testimony from one of Jackson's security guards, who claimed that a frantic Dr. Conrad Murray demanded he hide bottles of medicine when the two were in Jackson's bedroom just minutes before paramedics responded to the rented Holmby Hills mansion on the day Jackson died.

Prosecutors plan to explain the drugs' interaction Thursday, a day after jurors heard the King of Pop -- his words barely intelligible on a recording extracted from Murray's iPhone -- expressing his desire to wow fans during an upcoming tour. Prosecutors claim Jackson was under the influence of drugs at the time the recording was made -- about six weeks before his death.
Jackson also described plans to build a children's hospital after the "This Is It" concert series in London.

$(document).ready(function(){ $('#jqm_wrp_2') .jqDrag('.jqDrag') .jqm({ trigger: '#veTrigger_2', ajax: 'http://www.nbclosangeles.com/i/dispatcher/?command=LoadVideo442&id=131177143&seq=2&refsec=/news/local&modalStatus=y&rand='+Math.floor(Math.random()*10000), target: '#jqm_cont_2', overlay: 0, onShow: function(h) {document.getElementById('jqm_wrp_2').style.display="block";h.w.css('opacity',1).fadeIn("fast");}, onHide: function(h) {h.w.fadeOut("fast",function() { if(h.o) h.o.remove(); }); } }); }); "That will be remembered more than my performances," Jackson said on the recording as family members and the jury listened in court. "My performance will be up there helping my children and always be my dream. I love them. I love them because I didn't have a childhood... I feel their pain. I feel their hurt. I can deal with it. 'Heal the World,' 'We are the World,' 'Will You be There,' 'The Lost Children,' these are the songs I've written because I hurt, you know, I hurt.''
Prosecutors were attempting to show that Dr. Murray should have realized by listening to Jackson's slurred and labored speech on May 10, 2009 that something was wrong. A few hours after playing the recording, Deputy District Attorney David Walgren methodically arranged drug bottles for display in the courtroom.

A coroner's report
cited "acute propofol intoxication" in Jackson's death. Prosecutors claim Murray administered the powerful anesthetic, then failed to monitor his patient. Defense attorneys claim Jackson self-administered the fatal dose when Murray left the bedroom.

During opening statements, defense attorney Ed Chernoff pointed out Jackson's drive to please his fans. That ambition ultimately prompted him to give himself a fatal dose of medication, Chernoff argued, saying Jackson's doctor was trying to wean him off propofol.

"Michael Jackson started begging,'' Chernoff said. "When Michael Jackson told Dr. Murray, 'I have to sleep. They will cancel my performance,' he meant it."
Jackson created "a perfect storm" of drugs in his system, Chernoff said.
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...rray-Testmimony-Turns-to-Drugs-131219509.html

Coroner's investigator grilled by Jackson doctor defence attorney who cites mistakes

By: Anthony McCartney, The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES, Calif. - The defence attorney for the doctor charged in Michael Jackson's death is calling into question a coroner investigator's notes and recollections of items found in the singer's bedroom after he died.
Elissa Fleak denied defence attorney Ed Chernoff's contention Thursday that she had made a number of mistakes in preparing reports on the death.
Chernoff noted during cross-examination that Fleak didn't note that she had found a bottle of propofol inside an IV bag until March 2011, nearly two years after the singer's death.
The lawyer also questioned whether she had heard that detail from testimony by bodyguard Alberto Alvarez, who told jurors he saw the bottle inside the bag before following the instructions of Dr. Conrad Murray to put it inside a bag.
Fleak also testified that she accidentally touched a syringe in Jackson's bedroom, leaving a thumbprint.
Murray has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter.
http://www.brandonsun.com/entertain...-bought-used-131223889.html?viewAllComments=y

Conrad Murray turned over few Jackson medical records to coroner

October 6, 2011 | 10:22 am
Ordered to provide Michael Jackson's medical records to the coroner's office, his personal physician handed over a slim file that detailed the pop star's chest colds but contained no information about the surgical anesthetic he was using nightly to sleep, an investigator testified Thursday's.

The witness, Elissa Fleak, told jurors at Dr. Conrad Murray's manslaughter trial that a subpoena she issued four days after Jackson's death requested all records for his medical care, including psychiatric documents. What she got in return from Murray's lawyers was a small stack of papers that showed sporadic care for Jackson and his children dating back to 2006. The records did not refer to Murray's nightly visits to Jackson's mansion or what he told police was an ongoing battle to wean his patient from dependence on the anesthetic propofol.

"Did any of the records provided pertain to the events surrounding June 25, 2009 [the date of Jackson's death], and the care provided -- let's say -- in April, May, June 2009," asked Deputy Dist. Atty. David Walgren.
"No," Fleak replied.

The documents displayed briefly on a projection screen in court referred to Jackson by name and by two pseudonyms -- Omar Arnold and Paul Farance -- and included a 2007 heart scan and other test results.

Jurors are expected to hear a recorded police interview in which Murray claimed he hadn't kept records because Jackson was concerned about privacy.

The 58-year-old doctor is charged with involuntary manslaughter. He faces a maximum sentence of four years in prison if convicted.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...-turned-over-few-jackson-medical-records.html

L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

<!--BLOG POSTS BEGIN HERE--><!-- entries --><!-- begin custom individual entry --><!-- content nav -->
<!-- entry -->Jackson death: Conrad Murray lawyer accuses investigator of errors

October 6, 2011 | 11:41 am
A defense attorney in Dr. Conrad Murray's trial on Thursday accused the lead coroner's office investigator of making numerous mistakes in the investigation of Michael Jackson’s death, including leaving her fingerprint on a key piece of evidence.During an occasionally testy cross-examination, the lawyer for Jackson's physician suggested that the investigator, Elissa Fleak, was sloppy in collecting evidence and writing a report the medical examiner relied on in reaching his conclusion that the death was a homicide.

“Would you agree that you made a substantial number of mistakes?” attorney Ed Chernoff asked.

“No,” Fleak replied.

She acknowledged she couldn’t explain how her thumbprint got on a syringe on Jackson's nightstand.

“I typically wear gloves. I always wear gloves at crime scenes,” she said under questioning by a prosecutor.
<!-- sphereit end -->
The syringe is one of several pieces of medical equipment both sides are trying to fit into their separate theories of Jackson's death. Prosecutors have said Murray caused Jackson's death by using the surgical anesthetic propofol as an insomnia treatment.

The defense claims that when the doctor wasn't looking, Jackson dosed himself with propofol and a handful of sedatives.

Chernoff grilled the investigator about revisions she made earlier this year to her 2009 report on Jackson's death, changes he implied were designed to corroborate the testimony of a key prosecution witness.

That witness, Alberto Alvarez, testified that he helped Murray gather up medical evidence, including an IV bag containing a bottle of propofol.

“In fact, the very first time that you noted there was a propofol bottle in an IV bag was the 29th of March 2011,” Chernoff said to Fleak.

She agreed but said she had never talked to prosecutors about their witnesses.

Asked what she knew about Alvarez's account, she said she had not been watching the trial "regularly" and had only learned his name recently: "I believe it was two days ago."

The defense attorney pressed her on the location of a pair of latex gloves, which she had written in her report were on the floor near Jackson's bed. Chernoff showed her a photo of the floor without the gloves.

Fleak insisted they were on the floor but outside camera range.

"Are you as sure about that as you are about the propofol bottle inside the bag?" Chernoff asked.

"Yes," she said.

He then showed her another photo. "What does that look like in the chair?" he asked.
"Gloves," Fleak answered.

"Do you consider that a mistake?" he continued.

"No," she said.

Under further questioning by a prosecutor, Fleak defended her work.

"Have you done your best to be as truthful and accurate as far as the role you played in this case, the observations you made and the items you recovered," Deputy Dist. Atty. David Walgren asked.

"Yes," she said.

Murray, 58, faces a maximum sentence of four years in prison if convicted of involuntary manslaughter. His trial is in its second week and is expected to conclude later this month.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/10/michael-jackson-conrad-murray-trial.html

L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

Michael Jackson's fingerprint not on drug vials, jury told

October 6, 2011 | 12:32 pm

Michael Jackson's fingerprints were not on syringes, drug vials or other medical evidence taken from his mansion after his death, according to lab results presented in court Thursday during Dr. Conrad Murray's involuntary-manslaughter trial.

Lawyers for Jackson's physician have contended that the singer gave himself a fatal dose of propofol, but technicians found only a single fingerprint, matching Murray's index finger, on a vial of the anesthetic removed from an intravenous stand at Jackson's bedside.

Fingerprints on another bottle of propofol and two intravenous bags appear to be a mystery.
Those prints did not match the fingers of Murray, Jackson, the singer's security guards, his personal chef or crime-scene investigators, according to a summary of the results read by prosecutors.

Analysts were unable to lift fingerprints from other important pieces of evidence, including nine bottles of propofol, a syringe, IV tubing and vials of sedatives.

Deputy Dist. Atty. David Walgren read jurors a statement written with defense attorneys that noted that a lack of prints did not mean that the items weren't "touched or handled," only that no usable prints were found.

Murray, 58, faces a maximum of four years in prison if convicted of involuntary manslaughter in Jackson’s death on June 25, 2009.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...son-conrad-murray-fingerprint-drug-vials.html

October 6, 2011
Here's Michael Jackson's official toxicology report

Posted: 05:29 PM ET
Click to read the official Michael Jackson toxicology report.

Now that prosecutors have highlighted the prescription drugs scattered throughout Michael Jackson’s home, Thursday's second witness, criminologist Dan Anderson, has been testifying on which of those drugs made their way into the pop star’s body.
Anderson identified a host of powerful prescription drugs in Michael Jackson’s blood, including the sedative propofol and other anesthetics.
The toxicology report indicates the following six drugs were detected in Jackson’s system:
  • Propofol (Diprivan)
  • Lidocaine
  • Diazepam (Valium)
  • Lorazepam (Ativan)
  • Midazolam (Versed)
  • Ephedrine
But here is the actual report itself, prepared by the L.A. County coroner's office and presented today in court.
http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/06/heres-michael-jacksons-official-toxicology-report/

Science is cornerstone in trial of Michael Jackson's doctor

By Alan Duke, CNN
October 7, 2011 -- Updated 0721 GMT (1521 HKT)

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Jurors in the trial of Michael Jackson's doctor will hear more testimony about the drugs found in the pop icon's blood Friday, but they should also soon hear the police interview with Jackson's doctor.
The pathologist who conducted Jackson's autopsy and ruled his death a homicide could testify Friday or next Tuesday, after the trial takes a Columbus Day break.
Dr. Conrad Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial, which enters its ninth day of testimony Friday, should go to the jury within two weeks, according to prosecution and defense sources.
The scientific evidence, presented by a coroner's toxicologist, is tedious and often hard to follow, but is the cornerstone of the prosecution's case.
var currExpandable="expand15";if(typeof CNN.expandableMap==='object'){CNN.expandableMap.push(currExpandable);}var mObj={};mObj.type='video';mObj.contentId='';mObj.source='crime/2011/10/06/ng-murray-fingerprints.hln';mObj.lgImage="http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/111007123520-ng-murray-fingerprints-00002001-story-body.jpg";mObj.lgImageX=300;mObj.lgImageY=169;mObj.origImageX="214";mObj.origImageY="120";mObj.contentType='video';CNN.expElements.expand15Store=mObj;

Defense questions coroner's methods
Jurors who will decide if Dr. Murray is criminally responsible for Jackson's fatal overdose appeared to pay close attention as they took notes while a toxicologist Dan Anderson detailed the lab results from Jackson's autopsy Thursday.

Prosecutors contend a high level of the surgical anesthetic propofol found in Jackson's blood was the result of Dr. Murray's reckless use of a makeshift IV system with no monitoring equipment to put Jackson to sleep with the drug.

The Los Angeles County coroner concluded Jackson's June 25, 2009, death was caused by "acute propofol intoxication" in combination with sedatives, including lorazepam.

Murray's lawyer Michael Flanagan, in his cross-examination of Anderson Thursday, tried to find support for the defense theory that Jackson swallowed eight lorazepam pills and self-administered a dosage of propofol while Murray was not watching.

A higher level of lorazepam was measured in Jackson's stomach contents than in the blood from his heart and leg, Flanagan noted.

"The concentration is about four times as concentrated
in the stomach as it is in the blood, you think that's an important number?" Flanagan asked.
"Not really," Anderson said. "It doesn't necessarily mean it's oral administration."

Along with propofol, Lidocaine and lorazepam, tests of blood taken from Jackson's heart and leg also tested positive for Midazolam and Diazepam, drugs used to commonly used to alleviate anxiety or induce sleep.

Jackson did not have Demerol in his blood, which is significant because of the defense contention that Dr. Arnold Klein addicted Jackson to the painkiller in frequent visits to his Beverly Hills dermatology clinic in the weeks before his death, without Murray knowing.

Defense lawyer Ed Chernoff said in his opening statement that Jackson was unable to sleep because he was going through withdrawal from Demerol since he had not visited Dr. Klein for several days.

Murray told police in his interview two days after his death that he gave Jackson each of those drugs over a 10-hour period in an effort to help him sleep, according to testimony at the preliminary hearing in January.

One of the detectives who questioned Murray is expected to take the stand on Friday or next week to play the recording of the two-hour interview.

Murray's fingerprint was found on the 100-milliliter propofol bottle that coroner's investigator Elissa Fleak testified Thursday that she found inside a saline bag that was sliced open. The prosecutor contends it was that bottle that contained the drug that killed Jackson.

Fleak, who testified Wednesday and Thursday, endured an aggressive cross-examination during which Chernoff suggested she made "a substantial number of mistakes" when she searched Michael Jackson's bedroom.

Fleak acknowledged that she waited nearly two years writing in a report that the propofol bottle was inside the bag. She did, however, mention it in her preliminary hearing testimony.
She also never photographed the bottle in the bag, although she took dozens of photos of many lesser pieces of evidence.

At that January hearing, Fleak testified that she found a broken syringe plunger on the nightstand next to Jackson's bed, with a needle on the floor below. This could support the defense theory that he made have injected himself with the fatal dose of propofol.

But Fleak testified this week that she was mistaken about the needle matching up to the syringe. She told Chernoff she only realized this after a meeting this year with the prosecutor.
She also conceded that she moved the syringe before photographs of it were taken. Her fingerprint were later found on the syringe, an embarrassment for an investigator who said her practice is to wear rubber gloves when handling evidence.

Another oversight Chernoff pointed out was Fleak's failure to collect the IV stand and saline bag next to Jackson's bed until two days after his death.

Fleak revealed that she destroyed her handwritten notes from her June 25, 2009, search, but not the notes from the June 29, 2009, search. She said it is her routine practice to destroy her notes after she writes a report.

"You made substantial mistakes in your investigation?" Chernoff asked.

"No," Fleak replied.

On Wednesday, Deputy District Attorney David Walgren covered a courtroom table with drug vials and medical paraphernalia taken in Fleak's searches, a visual display of Murray's in-home treatment of Jackson.

Prosecutors argue that Murray, who was Jackson's personal doctor as he prepared for planned comeback concerts, is criminally responsible for the singer's death because of medical negligence and his reckless use of the propofol to help Jackson sleep.

If convicted of involuntary manslaughter, Murray could spend four years in a California prison and lose his medical license.
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/10/07/justice/california-conrad-murray-trial/index.html?eref=rss_us

Prosecutors to Play Conrad Murray’s Interview With Cops

Posted on Oct 07, 2011 @ 05:30AM

By Radar Staff
For the first time, we will hear directly from Dr. Conrad Murray in his trial in Los Angeles on Friday.
Prosecutors will play a recording of a police interview conducted with the Houston-based cardiologist just two days after Michael Jackson’s shocking death in June, 2009.
The interview -- which lasted more than two hours -- has never been played in public before. It was conducted by two Los Angeles Police Department detectives.
RadarOnline.com will continue its gavel-to-gavel live stream coverage of the trial, beginning at 8:45am PT/11:45am ET Friday.
Meanwhile, during testimony on Thursday, the Los Angeles County Coroner's investigator who examined the singer’s body and bedroom was accused of making “mistakes”.
Elissa Fleak was questioned by defense attorney Ed Chernoff on some of her atypical practices.
After saying she always destroys her investigation notes, Elissa admitted she failed to dispose of her documents from a second trip to Michael’s house on June 29, four days after his death.

She said she kept the notes because it was unusual to require a second trip to an investigation scene, to which Chernoff asked: "Would you agree with me that you made a substantial number of mistakes in investigating this case?"
Fleak said: “No.”

The investigator also admitted she had picked up a bottle of Flumazenil from the floor of the Thriller hitmaker’s bedroom before taking photographs and said she apparently left a partial fingerprint on a syringe found in the room.
Noting she usually wears gloves, she said: "I found [out about the fingerprint] later.”

Explaining she thought the fingerprint may have transferred as tables were moved around the room, she added: "I don't remember if I was wearing gloves when the tables were moved.”
Chernoff asked her: "You don't consider any of that a mistake?” but she responded “no”.

Later in the day, Jurors were shown a picture of a child sized porcelain doll, which was dressed in green dungarees and had blonde curly hair lying next to a CD player in Jackson’s bedroom.
The court was also shown a police photograph of ornate dinner plates featuring babies’ faces – believed to be those of the star’s three children – displayed on a chest of drawers alongside family pictures.

Also shown to the court today was the official toxicology report of tests carried out on Michael’s body after his death from acute Propofol intoxication on June 25, 2009.
The document showed the star had six legal substances in his system, Propofol (Diprivan), Lidocaine, Diazepam (Valium), Lorazepam (Ativan), Midazolam (Versed), and Ephedrine.

Giving evidence to the court, toxicologist Dan Anderson said that, out of all the substances found, Jackson had the least amount of Propofol actually in his stomach.
Anderson said he found only trace amounts of the drug – the equivalent of a few specks of sugar.

Murray denies administering the fatal dose of Propofol that killed his famous patient. If convicted, he faces up to four years in prison.
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/10/prosecutors-play-conrad-murray-s-interview-with-cops

Criminalist Dan Anderson to Resume Testimony in Conrad Murray Trial

Conrad Murray: The Michael Jackson Doctor Trial

Updated: Friday, 07 Oct 2011, 6:17 AM CDT
Published : Friday, 07 Oct 2011, 6:08 AM CDT
  • Los Angeles - A criminalist from the Los Angeles County coroner's office will be back on the stand today in the involuntary manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson's personal physician, testifying about medications that were found in the singer's body and on medical equipment found in his rented Holmby Hills estate.

On Thursday, Dan Anderson told the seven-man, five-woman jury in the trial of Dr. Conrad Murray that tests showed positive toxicology findings for seven drugs in Jackson's system, including propofol, a powerful sedative that was allegedly being given to the pop star as a sleep aid. Jackson's death was ruled to have been the result of propofol intoxication.

The other drugs were lidocaine, diazepam (Valium), nordiazepam (a metabolite of Valium), lorazepam (Ativan), midazolam (Versed) and ephedrine, he said.

Propofol and lidocaine were detected in a syringe collected from a table near Jackson's bed, while propofol, lidocaine and flumazenil were detected in another syringe and IV tubing collected from the singer's bedroom four days after his death, Anderson testified.

He said the coroner's office did not quantify the amount of propofol in the syringe and IV tubing, noting under cross-examination that he could not determine proportions of the propofol, lidocaine and flumazenil.

Propofol that was detected in a bottle of urine retrieved from Jackson's bedroom could have been recent or could have been from a couple days earlier, Anderson said, noting that he did not even know if it had been collected from Jackson. He said he also could not tell if the lorazepam had been injected or taken in a pill form and how long it had been taken before Jackson died.

Under questioning by the prosecutor, Anderson said there were no positive test results for Demerol in Jackson.

In his opening statement last week, defense attorney Edward Chernoff told jurors that part of Jackson's inability to sleep could be blamed on Dr. Arnold Klein, a Beverly Hills dermatologist who regularly treated the entertainer and gave him shots of the pain killer Demerol, to which the singer became addicted -- something Murray had not known.

Prosecutors contend Murray, 58, gave the singer a powerful dose of the powerful anesthetic propofol on June 25, 2009, then failed to monitor him -- leaving the room to make phone calls and emails.

Defense attorneys maintain that Murray was weaning Jackson off propofol and gave him only a small amount of it but that Jackson "self-administered" a larger dose, killing himself instantly after the doctor left the room.

The singer was eventually taken to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead at 2:26 p.m. from an overdose of propofol.

Murray faces up to four years in state prison if convicted of the felony count.

At the time of Jackson's death, the cardiologist was working for him at the rented mansion in Holmby Hills, where the pop star was staying while rehearsing for his 50 sold-out concerts in London dubbed "This Is It."

Also Thursday, attorneys from both sides stipulated that a left index fingerprint on a 100-milliliter vial of propofol that prosecutors contend was found inside an IV bag that was in another bag in Jackson's bedroom closet was matched to Murray.

Fingerprints were found on that IV bag, another IV bag and one of the 20-milliliter vials of propofol, but no identification of the prints was made, according to the stipulation read by the prosecutor.

Fingerprints from Murray and Jackson were among those "manually compared and eliminated" involving the saline bag that the prosecution contends contained a 100-milliliter vial of propofol, and a 20-milliliter bottle of propofol found on the floor, along with another 20-milliliter vial of propofol found in a Costco bag and an IV bag and tubing that were collected four days after Jackson's death, according to the stipulation.

Read more: http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpps/ne...-murray-trial-20111007_15370548#ixzz1a6opXav1

October 7, 2011
Beyond propofol, did second drug lead to MJ's death?

Posted: 02:12 PM ET

Toxicologist Dan Anderson testified that it didn't take him long to conclude that the anesthetic propofol was the critical drug in the investigation of Michael Jackson’s death.
But what the defense wants to know is, did he rush to that conclusion and possibly overlook the role that the sedative lorazepam might have played?
The defense’s theory is that the combination of propofol and lorazepam - both ingested orally - is what killed Jackson, not just propofol. The coroner ruled the cause of death was acute propofol intoxication.
Defense attorney Michael Flanagan asked Anderson why he didn’t think lorazepam was more significant. Anderson replied, “It has its importance, but it’s not the red flag that caught my eye.”
Flanagan pointed out that Anderson conducted calculations on the lorazepam levels in Jackson’s system as recently as two weeks ago, implying that Anderson failed to see the importance of the drug in Jackson’s system at the time of his death.
Anderson said he conducted those calculations in response to the defense’s testing results of lorazepam in Jackson’s system, which did indicate the presence of the drug in Jackson’s stomach.
However, Anderson said the amount of lorazepam in Jackson’s stomach was trivial.
http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/07/beyond-propofol-did-second-drug-lead-to-mjs-death/

Back